Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Xue

Dynasty & Re-Draft: Mike Evans, WR Tampa Bay Bucs

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

stud isn't even the right word for him

Credit where credit is due, @Soulfly3. You take big swings and misses around here sometimes, but you were on the "Evans over Cooper" bandwagon since before the draft. I agreed with you at the time, but didn't have the stones to stand up and beat my chest about it the way you and a few others did.

I did reach for him in the 8th round of my keep-3 forever league last year though, and couldn't be happier about it. IMO he should be the overall dynasty 1.01 right now and potentially for years to come.

Edited by Mr. Irrelevant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bucsfan5493 said:

He had a TD go through his hands during one point in the game (wasn't a simple catch, but one he still should have had) but then came right back with a big 3rd down conversion on the next play and capped the drive off with a TD. Dude is such a stud.

Overthrown badly - that was on Winston, not Evans. He had a walk in TD if Winston hits that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FUBAR said:

:yes: I took flack here for trading Jeffery and a late 17 1st for him right before the season. 

Evans/Ingram for Lockett/Gore/Freeman

That was preseason, when everyone still thought Lockett was a great sleeper pick (including me :doh:

ah well - at least I was wrong on someone else'a roster. :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Overthrown badly - that was on Winston, not Evans. He had a walk in TD if Winston hits that. 

I disagree. I think Winston placed it pretty nicely over Evans' shoulder. I've seen him make a very similar catch this year actually. Like I said though, it wasn't a big deal as he converted later on in the drive. Evans has been so much better this year with limiting the drops, dude seems really dialed in and his and Winston's chemistry is obviously a lot better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bucsfan5493 said:

I disagree. I think Winston placed it pretty nicely over Evans' shoulder. I've seen him make a very similar catch this year actually. Like I said though, it wasn't a big deal as he converted later on in the drive. Evans has been so much better this year with limiting the drops, dude seems really dialed in and his and Winston's chemistry is obviously a lot better.

49ers radio announcers put it on Winston too. i didn't think it was catchable. Not a bucs fan but as an Evans owner I was pretty frustrated until it worked out even.m bettter with more receptions and the TD anyway. 

Ill have to watch the play again if I can find it. Maybe I missed something - wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong about something, nor would it be the last. ;) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Accepted.  Gave OBJ for Evans.   Not sure how excited I am but feel it's a calculated good move.  Especially with Evans through the bye.  Dynasty though.  I just don't like how OBJ behaves and I see it being a issue for years to come.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

49ers radio announcers put it on Winston too. i didn't think it was catchable. Not a bucs fan but as an Evans owner I was pretty frustrated until it worked out even.m bettter with more receptions and the TD anyway. 

Ill have to watch the play again if I can find it. Maybe I missed something - wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong about something, nor would it be the last. ;) 

Evans alligator armed it. Looked like he lost the ball and had to adjust his route. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love Evans. Too bad I can't keep him after this year (2 year limit).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Overthrown badly - that was on Winston, not Evans. He had a walk in TD if Winston hits that. 

That ball was damn near perfect. Has to be caught. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2016 at 7:21 PM, Bob Magaw said:

8-96-2 today (Winston 21/30-269-3)

40-545-6 through six games, prorates to 107-1,453-16.

And he's only 23. If he were to add that receiving yardage total to the 1,051 of his 2014 rookie season and 1,206 last year = 3,710.

A comp that comes to mind for me is A.J. Green, who set the combined reception record in his first three seasons (to be broken by Jarvis Landry this year?), and had a combined receiving yardage total of 1,057 - '11 + 1,350 - '12 + 1,426 - '13 = 3,833 plus 29 TDs. Evans has 21 TDs, so would need 8 more in the remaining 10 games to tie Green in the scoring category.

Evans and Randy Moss are the only two WRs in NFL history to bank two 1,000 yard receiving seasons by 22 years of age.

In the same first three season time frame for Moss, he had a combined receiving yard total of 1,313 - '98 + 1,413 - '99 + 1,437 '00 = 4,163 plus a ridiculous 43 TDs.

Evans is pretty good, and it is early, but health permitting and if he develops further (didn't play much as a prep, just two years at Texas A&M, only two complete seasons in the NFL), could be on a Hall of Fame-type career arc and trajectory.

* Ages of other consensus top 5 dynasty/redraft WRs

Antonio Brown - 28

A.J. Green - 28

Julio Jones - 27

Odell Beckham - 24 (11/5/16)          

He's the NEW CJ. He is,the only one of the elite with that body type.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Timmay said:

I loved his 2nd TD yesterday, he pointed up telling Winston to lob it up when Winston was scrambling and he'll go get it. The DB's didnt have a chance.

I was loving that play so much. My son and I watched that play and practiced it over and over in the backyard. He loves evans. Shows initiative that he not only asked for the ball but told him how to throw it to him, just in case Winston tried something stupid there and tried to bullet it in there. 

I remember Stafford would do stupid things like show off his arm strength throwing bullet passes to CJ on fade routes vs 5'8 corners when all he had to do was loft it up and let him high point it for an easy touch.I was loving that play so much. 

Edited by mnmplayer
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SCT said:

Accepted.  Gave OBJ for Evans.   Not sure how excited I am but feel it's a calculated good move.  Especially with Evans through the bye.  Dynasty though.  I just don't like how OBJ behaves and I see it being a issue for years to come.

Congrats. Welcome to heaven.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As great as Evans has been, he's only gone over 100 yards once, but when you look at who they play the next few weeks, you just have the feeling that a monster game is coming up.:moneybag:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ghost Rider said:

As great as Evans has been, he's only gone over 100 yards once, but when you look at who they play the next few weeks, you just have the feeling that a monster game is coming up.:moneybag:

And him not going over 100 yards has much more to do with Winston's play than Evans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the injury ro Roethlisburger, the inconsistency of Eli Manning, the boom or bust play of Julio, it sure seems like the best WRs in the NFL for ROS might well be AJ Green & Evans. He's got potential to finish top 3, if not WR1. The consistency of his receptions, TDs & yards even if he "only" finishes top 8, that high floor is just so valuable. 

Mans im not sure we'be even seen his best - i don't see his targets reducing, and Winston could (should?) get better as the season goes on.

I'm starting to wonder where Evans gets drafted next year. 

 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

With the injury ro Roethlisburger, the inconsistency of Eli Manning, the boom or bust play of Julio, it sure seems like the best WRs in the NFL for ROS might well be AJ Green & Evans. He's got potential to finish top 3, if not WR1. The consistency of his receptions, TDs & yards even if he "only" finishes top 8, that high floor is just so valuable. 

Mans im not sure we'be even seen his best - i don't see his targets reducing, and Winston could (should?) get better as the season goes on.

I'm starting to wonder where Evans gets drafted next year. 

 

Likely too high, ala Robinson of this year (though I'm not suggesting he regresses as much as Robinson did).  I agree with your take and think he ends the year as a top 3-5 WR (though I'm biased as I have him and Green in one of my leagues), but I think it's a confluence of him being a very good WR, the schedule being a nice combo of high scoring, crappy defense opponents, and a lack of viable targets outside of him.  To me he's one of those guys that you catch lightning with in one year, then look elsewhere as his cost skyrockets the next.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, platapie said:

Likely too high, ala Robinson of this year 

Except this will have been Evans' 3rd straight year of pretty beefy/monsterous production.

At 22.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Soulfly3 said:

Except this will have been Evans' 3rd straight year of pretty beefy/monsterous production.

At 22.

I targeted him as an ideal buy low candidate this past offseason and was glad to get him.  

That said, how do his efficiency stats look?  A bit worried that he is dependent on a huge volume of targets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alex P Keaton said:

I targeted him as an ideal buy low candidate this past offseason and was glad to get him.  

That said, how do his efficiency stats look?  A bit worried that he is dependent on a huge volume of targets.

Not very good because WInston isn't very good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

Except this will have been Evans' 3rd straight year of pretty beefy/monsterous production.

At 22.

Yeah, there's a good chance I'm wrong-- but I still will struggle to buy into him at the prices he's likely to go for next year.  All very speculative, but I see him going in the top tier WR discussion, and I'm not sure I'll be able to pull the trigger with say a top 7 pick or whatever he commands assuming he continues to dominate this year.  

 

For now I'll just enjoy the ride and be happy I snagged him way later this year than I have any chance of doing so next.

Edited by platapie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, platapie said:

Yeah, there's a good chance I'm wrong-- but I still will struggle to buy into him at the prices he's likely to go for next year.  All very speculative, but I see him going in the top tier WR discussion, and I'm not sure I'll be able to pull the trigger with say a top 7 pick or whatever he commands assuming he continues to dominate this year.  

 

For now I'll just enjoy the ride and be happy I snagged him way later this year than I have any chance of doing so next.

Evans upside is honestly being limited by a still raw Winston. 

Been saying this since Winston stepped foot in the league... They wil be an ENORMOUS duo. SIckeningly good. But Winston leaves a solid 50-100+yds and a TD on the field EVERY week for evans. This isn't even an exageration. And they are the throws Winston WILL make in a nother year or two, 9/10 times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My longest home league is a one keep league. I kept Beckham this year and then managed to step in #### and got David Johnson and Evans. Johnson fell to round 2 (10 team league) due to conservative  owners worried about a time share. 

 

Now what hat the hell do I do next year....? 

 

Hard to to not like Evans trajectory going forward with a young QB hire fully on the rise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

My longest home league is a one keep league. I kept Beckham this year and then managed to step in #### and got David Johnson and Evans. Johnson fell to round 2 (10 team league) due to conservative  owners worried about a time share. 

 

Now what hat the hell do I do next year....? 

 

Hard to to not like Evans trajectory going forward with a young QB hire fully on the rise.

Dude..  Quit while your ahead!

Seriously though   I made a boo boo on who plays with what initials..  I was making a quick attempt to provide my two cents..  Think Id been better off yelling some chit like:  woah!  Tell us more about your team boy!

I do like Evans a bit more than most..  So its bias, worthless, unrealistic :bs:  my bad!

Think most Gurus would expect ya to keep DJ!  (Its such safe advise it hurts)

Edited by Dismattle
thinking too fast! slow fingers
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

My longest home league is a one keep league. I kept Beckham this year and then managed to step in #### and got David Johnson and Evans. Johnson fell to round 2 (10 team league) due to conservative  owners worried about a time share. 

 

Now what hat the hell do I do next year....? 

 

Hard to to not like Evans trajectory going forward with a young QB hire fully on the rise.

Pre-draft next year, you trade ODB for a draft pick

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

Evans upside is honestly being limited by a still raw Winston. 

Been saying this since Winston stepped foot in the league... They wil be an ENORMOUS duo. SIckeningly good. But Winston leaves a solid 50-100+yds and a TD on the field EVERY week for evans. This isn't even an exageration. And they are the throws Winston WILL make in a nother year or two, 9/10 times.

So is that #1 overall territory?  E.g. next year rolls around and you get the first overall pick.  Evans is the guy?  It's not out of the question, I just struggle with it/probably don't pull that trigger, but I guess I could be convinced.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, platapie said:

So is that #1 overall territory?  E.g. next year rolls around and you get the first overall pick.  Evans is the guy?  It's not out of the question, I just struggle with it/probably don't pull that trigger, but I guess I could be convinced.   

Depends on the league, and how winston progresses throughout this season. Only WRs Id take ahead of him in redraft are julio and AB if PPR. If not, just julio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dismattle said:

The potential for a team becoming more well rounded, and utilizing all strengths is what can be a difference maker.   I believe its obvious that DC's will need to account for Evans.  I also believe that even defensive backs will care to account for DGB (for sport).  Johnsons game which helps make him "special" is somewhat dependent upon defensive play, QB play etc.

Both, Soul and I believe that Evans can trully be the "uncoverable" type, one of a kind WR.. 

Now I believe you had an awesome start to this Season.  But if you dont see how independent Evans is compared to other players (especially position-wise) ?   All I can say is "its no biggie"  Im still reminded by the fact that Dez Bryant puts on quite a show.  A show which I didnt trully buy into.  We can be wrong, but be right..

This is the second place I've seen OBJ referred to as DGB in the last 24 hours...it can get real confusing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SCT said:

This is the second place I've seen OBJ referred to as DGB in the last 24 hours...it can get real confusing. 

3 hours ago, Dismattle said:

I think I found your problem.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been wondering about your username but now I see it's just supposed to be dismantle. Carry on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One point making Evans' start even more impressive (WR 5 in my league) is that much of the preseason analysis said great talent but very tough schedule should temper enthusiasm.  So far....so good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something else that factors into people's expectations of Evans is that he's a bit forgotten down there in TB. The big three WR are all clearly established in the fantasy consciousnesses and hell, even his name is boring compared to Odell, Julio ans Antonio. those three sound dashing like the Muskateers or something....

 

I'll stop now....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tampa has an easy schedule, and I think Winston is coming around. He has a stud WR, solid run game, decent pass catching TE and Shepard seems to be a nice #2 for the time being. Things looking way up for this teams future. I compare this situation to Cincinnati.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dismattle said:

It was an honest attempt to keep things real..  I use the callsign/handle for my Fantasy Team.. 

I joined to be the best..  I had plans/ thoughts of literally dismantling teams..  How good do you know the player?  Did I just add your backup, to your Star player as insurance?  Do I think hes taking over..  If its your Stud RB's backup?  Would ya be willing to deal your bye week WR for him?

Ive been humbled, and learning along the way.. I have seen some folks quit.  I learned though.  I learned what I enjoyed most

I still enjoy winning, but I like the competition more..   In actuality Ive had to speak up when I see guys trying to play using redraft logic and/or not thinking longer term..  In some respects, Ive almost handicapped my team playing with one real QB in a two QB League..  (Laugh if ya like)  Im like 3rd overall with the highest scoring (and most points against)  Sadly, I missed my draft this year  But ya know, Its still sporting to me brah   Think its at least the 2nd if not 3rd draft Ive missed..

 

I like the way ya say "carry on"  (fyi)  Carry on is used in the military by Sirs  (Bastards more or less)

 

So whats an SCT   Is it like a bad asvab or Super SAT test..  Im guessing its cat scan related?

:sadbanana:Blocked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On October 25, 2016 at 11:06 PM, btemp said:

And him not going over 100 yards has much more to do with Winston's play than Evans. 

Agreed.  And to clarify, my earlier post was not a criticism of him at all.  I have him on half of my teams and am thrilled with what he has done so far, and if he does start putting up better yardage, I will be even more thrilled.  The sky is the limit with this guy and his talent. :moneybag:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2016 at 10:55 AM, SCT said:

NOT SCT quote feature is funky  

It was an honest attempt to keep things real..  I use the callsign/handle for my Fantasy Team.. 

I joined to be the best..  I had plans/ thoughts of literally dismantling teams..  How good do you know the player?  Did I just add your backup, to your Star player as insurance?  Do I think hes taking over..  If its your Stud RB's backup?  Would ya be willing to deal your bye week WR for him?

Ive been humbled, and learning along the way.. I have seen some folks quit.  I learned though.  I learned what I enjoyed most

I still enjoy winning, but I like the competition more..   In actuality Ive had to speak up when I see guys trying to play using redraft logic and/or not thinking longer term..  In some respects, Ive almost handicapped my team playing with one real QB in a two QB League..  (Laugh if ya like)  Im like 3rd overall with the highest scoring (and most points against)  Sadly, I missed my draft this year  But ya know, Its still sporting to me brah   Think its at least the 2nd if not 3rd draft Ive missed..

 

I like the way ya say "carry on"  (fyi)  Carry on is used in the military by Sirs  (Bastards more or less)

 

Is this a poor imitation of the brosef, swh? (Or something like that)

Carry on. :whistle:

Edited by FUBAR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, FUBAR said:

Is this a poor imitation of the brosef, swh? (Or something like that)

Carry on. :whistle:

Sir, please fix your post so it doesn't look like you're quoting me saying all that nonsense....I'd never write crap like that.  THANKS!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Absolutely Nothing said:

Trying to buy Evans. What would you let him go for? Trade value seems super high, but I think I'm ready to pay a heavy price for that talent.

Depends on what I need but in the dynasty league I have him, right now there isn't a single player I'd trade him straight up for, but we start 1-2 RB and 3-5 WR. Maybe Gronk straight but that's with enhanced TE scoring and able to flex TE (1-3).  OBJ plus something decent might work.  Some might trade him for a top rb but in general I value RB less than wr in dyno. 

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Absolutely Nothing said:

Trying to buy Evans. What would you let him go for? Trade value seems super high, but I think I'm ready to pay a heavy price for that talent.

Personally I wouldn't sell. Not for all the tea in china, as they say. 

His floor in PPR is just so ridiculously high -  his value is incomparable at his position. 

And his ceiling is huge too. He's a lock for 6-7 catches, 100 or a TD (or both) every week, and IMO we still haven't seen his best game this year, which could be as early as this weekend against the Raiders.  Would anyone be shocked by 10/200/2? 

If you're gonna try to get him, get it done today, because he's only going to be more expensive on Tuesday. Call it a hunch. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, FUBAR said:

Depends on what I need but in the dynasty league I have him, right now there isn't a single player I'd trade him straight up for, but we start 1-2 RB and 3-5 WR. Maybe Gronk straight but that's with enhanced TE scoring and able to flex TE (1-3).  OBJ plus something decent might work.  Some might trade him for a top rb but in general I value RB less than wr in dyno. 

I have both Evans & David Johson - he's a bout the only guy I'd consider doing it for. 

That said, I could see a team with needs at 2 positions trying to parlay Evans into a lower tier WR1 / RB2 package. 

Chances are, anyone acquiring Evans right now is overpaying to get him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to buy in dynasty but the guy basically said he wasn't for sale, even though he needs RBs and a QB. Offered AJG+RB or QB and got nowhere. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Andrew74 said:

I'm trying to buy in dynasty but the guy basically said he wasn't for sale, even though he needs RBs and a QB. Offered AJG+RB or QB and got nowhere. 

Not shocked at all.

if I had him in a dynasty league and had multiple needs I'd be thinking about building around him next year.  Needing players for a roster this year wouldn't even be in consideration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andrew74 said:

I'm trying to buy in dynasty but the guy basically said he wasn't for sale, even though he needs RBs and a QB. Offered AJG+RB or QB and got nowhere. 

I own Evans in dynasty and would definitely consider ajg+rb.  I am in a bad way at rb, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an Evans owner, all I can say is I hope all you guys cool the hype a bit and lets keep a low profile.  Feels like whenever this starts to happen it becomes a jinx and our guys suddenly turns in a dud game. Just kidding......kind of:loco:.  Enjoy the run, and let's hope it continues!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, scott46984 said:

As an Evans owner, all I can say is I hope all you guys cool the hype a bit and lets keep a low profile.  Feels like whenever this starts to happen it becomes a jinx and our guys suddenly turns in a dud game. Just kidding......kind of:loco:.  Enjoy the run, and let's hope it continues!

I'd say I don't believe in jinxes, but then I'd kinda be double jinxing it.  :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would definitely take two young stars to even start the conversation. I own him in one league and have yet to see an offer that took longer than 1.5 seconds to find the reject button for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does Winston to Evans remind anyone else of Culpepper to Moss?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.