What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Mike Evans, TB (1 Viewer)

Darius Slay will be shadowing Evans. The Lions best corner has done a good job against #1s this season (Fitz, OBJ, Julio, Nelson), but his in his worst game he gave up two TDs to the Panthers: a 10 yard high point cross to Funchess, and a 31 yard go route down the sideline (perfect throw & beautiful catch.) Of course both are 6’5” as well but not nearly as talented as the Bucs star.

Frustrating year for Mike Evans owners, but given Detroit’s lack of pass rush and their current mental state, would not surprise me if he has his first 100 yard day.

On a side not, Winston has 39 interceptions in 41 games. Slay has 2 forced fumbles, 4 INT (4th in the NFL), and 15 PD (behind only Hayward & Ramsey.) To my mind this matchup is the key to the game (along with Matthew’s injured hand.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Also don't forget the Lions are 0-3 vs the NFC South this year. They just need to lose to the Bucs to complete the cycle of futility.

Darius Slay will be shadowing Evans. The Lions best corner has done a good job against #1s this season (Fitz, OBJ, Julio, Nelson),
Sounds good but got to look deeper to see this is not what it appears to be.

Fitz plays more than half his snaps out of the slot.

That was OBJ's first game trying to come back from his ankle injury, he was clearly limited to a degree I started him in 0 leagues I have him because of the reports he was favoring his ankle in practice and pregame warmups.

Everyone shuts down Jordy without Rodgers.

Julio went for 7/91.

Sounds good but got to look deeper to see this is not what it appears to be.

Fitz plays more than half his snaps out of the slot.

That was OBJ's first game trying to come back from his ankle injury, he was clearly limited to a degree I started him in 0 leagues I have him because of the reports he was favoring his ankle in practice and pregame warmups.

Everyone shuts down Jordy without Rodgers.

Julio went for 7/91.
Sounds like you been reading my posts in TSP. It’s rarely as simple as the best CB v the best WR. In the case of the Lions, though, they don’t give Slay much help because the platoon on the other side usually needs Quinn rolling their way.

In the slot Diggs has been excellent, but with injuries they’ve been putting him at SS. In their base nickel (which is about 65% of their defensive snaps), 2nd round pick Teez Tabor has been replacing MLB Jared Davis. That was Killibrew’s role but his play has fallen off compared to his rookie year.

I still need to watch the All 22s from Thanksgiving & last weekend. Been too disgusted with them to get to it, but dang, if Joe Flacco & Mike Wallace can find success, I don’t think Evans owners should be too worried.

re: Julio’s day versus Slay, that 7-91-0 was on 12 targets. Darius had two interceptions and three pass deflections, and kept him out of the end zone. Better than most I would think.

Somehow 2 of my teams that lost DJ in both and Beckham in the other as well I thought I'd be ok with Evans leading the way and I'm still making playoffs...  If Evans had shown up I'd feel much better about possibly winning and I'm the lucky Evans owner... Can't even believe it.  

Somehow 2 of my teams that lost DJ in both and Beckham in the other as well I thought I'd be ok with Evans leading the way and I'm still making playoffs...  If Evans had shown up I'd feel much better about possibly winning and I'm the lucky Evans owner... Can't even believe it.  
I lost dj luck Olsen Marshall (thought he was my every week flex going in). Traded dj for Ajayi (oops!) and am going to likely advance to semifinals despite starting Evans every week.  Mostly due to AB.  

Planned on playing Robbie Anderson next week over Evans but with Petty slinging it I guess I am going to have to hold my nose. Don't like the matchup but at least its at home. 

I was fortunate enough to get a Week 14 bye, but in Week 15 I'll be benching Evans for Baldwin and Dez. I hate starting Dez, but I just like his match-up more than Evans, who hasn't been showing much of anything lately.

Planned on playing Robbie Anderson next week over Evans but with Petty slinging it I guess I am going to have to hold my nose. Don't like the matchup but at least its at home. 
I'm in the same boat.  Like you, I'm not playing Anderson if McCown is out.   The ship goes down with Evans aboard.  

What typically happens right about the time every fantasy owner gives up on and benches an un-benchable stud?
Sure, sometimes they blow up like Amari or Julio did, for 1 game. But other times they fade throughout the whole season, and just suck. Like Jordy.

I'm debating starting Marquise Goodwin over Evans, because right now he has the better QB.

There is literally no way I can bench him on Monday night playoff week 2.  That is when he blows up on your bench and you jump off a bridge.

Looking at Ajayi or Morris over him and don’t think I’ll be able to do it. Regress already!!! (To the mean, not literally). 

Goodwin's yardage total in each of his 2 games with Jimmy G are more than any game that Evans has had all season.  Small sample size for Goodwin, but a large and disappointing sample size for Evans. (posting that because I see several others considering Evans vs Goodwin).  

I will say that the Monday Night game makes it tempting, but that's not usually the best logic for picking fantasy starters.

The easiest job in the world is DC for TBs' opponent.

Roll coverage to Evans and watch Winston make bad throws repeatedly.  It might be the shoulder but boy is he inaccurate

The easiest job in the world is DC for TBs' opponent.

Roll coverage to Evans and watch Winston make bad throws repeatedly.  It might be the shoulder but boy is he inaccurate
He's always thrown a ton of INTs, he usually just won to make up for it. Not sure he's actually better than Bortles...

Is this guy benchable? Obvs assuming He's not suspended.

How good is this matchup today? The Bucs OLine is bad I just don't think Winston will have time to throw and I keep reading that the Falcons secondary is "improving."

Is this guy benchable? Obvs assuming He's not suspended.

How good is this matchup today? The Bucs OLine is bad I just don't think Winston will have time to throw and I keep reading that the Falcons secondary is "improving."
Well, he's playing tomorrow but that doesn't change much.  I'm rolling with him along with Josh Gordon and Goodwin.  My other options are McKinnon and Marquis Lee, so not a tough choice frankly.  Basing this start solely on 'he's due for a big game'.  

Starting Dede over him right now. I’m down 50 to the Hunt owner so I’m swinging for the fences. Just don’t think Evans has a big game in him with Winston at QB.

Users who are viewing this thread