What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Mike Evans, TB (2 Viewers)

This kind of disturbed or better yet, confused me as well. The report from TB and coach never 100% ruled him out or put him on IR. Sure hammies are good for a 2-4 game sit, yet they left the window open, and so did Evans. For what reason is theirs. Sometimes injuries are not as bad as they first seemed and who knows how or when one recovers. Well, I held for the longest time and then took Rappoport's OUT and dropped Evans for AJ Brown in a FAAB FA pick up. Turned out great! Now I'm looking at perhaps dropping A Miller, who's playing well for a potential Evans play if something miraculous happens, for a Flex position between AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, A Miller, or M Evans. My strategy will be not to jump early and hold Miller and keep monitoring Evans. Yep 4th&inches it's a game of inches and percentages. There's a 1% flicker of possibility lingering and our league goes 17 weeks. The injury to Evans almost has him but ruled out this week........I think, but there's week 17 to consider as well.

Others here simply state a most obvious outcome - he's out, shut him down - all the while calling us names for thinking otherwise LOL. I'm a dork lol.

Tied for 1st @ 11-4 and playing this out to the end. 
Arians said he would be shocked if Evans made it back before the last game.  That did leave a window open. Also, there was a chance Evans would be picked for the Pro Bowl, which he was. I don't think a player on IR is allowed to play in the Pro Bowl, and his hamstring could be healed by then, so maybe that played a part in them not being quick to place him on IR. I don't know.

Yeah I definitely found myself agreeing with nearly every word of the Godwin side. The Evans side seemed much more like a sales pitch on Evans to me. And he may be right. I love Evans.  Ultimately I think they both feast. 

The biggest bone I would pick with the guy that wrote the Evans side wasn't what he said about Evans or Brady, but what he said about Godwin. He said he wasn't a big bodied receiver. He isn't the biggest but he sure plays like it. And he isn't small. He has made *plenty* of difficult grabs in traffic from ####ty Winston throws.

I think the premise that Evans has more room to benefit by increased accuracy is dubious. If Godwin catches intermediate stuff in stride, his ceiling also goes up. But my best guess is that Godwin catches more balls and Evans gets more TDs. That = higher floor for Godwin. *If* that even matters.

Yeah I definitely found myself agreeing with nearly every word of the Godwin side. The Evans side seemed much more like a sales pitch on Evans to me. And he may be right. I love Evans.  Ultimately I think they both feast. 

The biggest bone I would pick with the guy that wrote the Evans side wasn't what he said about Evans or Brady, but what he said about Godwin. He said he wasn't a big bodied receiver. He isn't the biggest but he sure plays like it. And he isn't small. He has made *plenty* of difficult grabs in traffic from ####ty Winston throws.

I think the premise that Evans has more room to benefit by increased accuracy is dubious. If Godwin catches intermediate stuff in stride, his ceiling also goes up. But my best guess is that Godwin catches more balls and Evans gets more TDs. That = higher floor for Godwin. *If* that even matters.
Bear in mind, this isn't THE article I was looking for - but it was interesting to see another article mention Evans efficiency. 

one of the least respected players in FF  year after year ....... I own him AGAIN this year, and have had him on at least 1 team every year he has been in the NFL except 1 (and that wasn't for not trying that year, just bad luck)

Mike Evans (undisclosed) did not practice Wednesday.

Evans also missed practice Tuesday, according to coach Bruce Arians, who would only say that Evans is dealing with a "soft tissue" injury and is "day to day." That would likely mean a hamstring or calf ailment, but we'll get the official word when the Bucs release their injury report later today. This puts Evans in serious question for the Week 1 opener against the Saints. If he were to sit, Chris Godwin would figure to see a whole lot of Marshon Lattimore as the alpha-dog WR1, and Scotty Miller and Justin Watson would see expanded roles.

SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter

Sep 9, 2020, 1:29 PM ET

I ended up with him as my WR1 and didn't like it based on ol noodle arm throwing to him.....I wanted Golladay.....grrrrr

Man... Drafted him in the 2nd as the "best WR available" even though I KNEW i should pass on him for all the headaches he's caused me in previous years. 

Maybe I can offload him for a middle-of-the-road WR2... or backup kicker  :wall:

Updating a previous item, Mike Evans missed practice Wednesday with a hamstring injury.

Coach Bruce Arians said the Bucs are ready to "take it to the wire" with Evans all the way up until game time Sunday, even if he doesn't practice the rest of the week. It's a new injury for Evans. He missed the final three games last season with a strained hamstring, too. If Evans sits, the Bucs will roll with Chris Godwin, Justin Watson, and Scotty Miller in three-wide sets, and Godwin's target share could see a spike.

SOURCE: Jenna Laine on Twitter

Sep 9, 2020, 4:27 PM ET

Bucs WR Mike Evans didn't practice Thursday. 

Evans, nursing a hamstring injury, worked with a trainer on an outdoor practice field while the rest of the team practiced indoors, per beat writer Rick Stroud. After missing the final three games of 2019, Evans is looking less likely every day to play Week 1 against the Saints. Fantasy managers should head into the week with contingency plans at wide receiver. 

SOURCE: Rick Stroud on Twitter 

Sep 10, 2020, 11:24 AM ET

Is it time to start worrying about his durability? I'm nervous about playing him even if he is active this weekend. Of course if he's out I see that as a positive for Howard owners...

Just moved Evans to my flex in case I need to get him out of my lineup Sunday. Surprisingly many options later than his late afternoon start.

Mike Evans (hamstring) has been upgraded to questionable for Week 1 against the Saints.

Evans got in a limited practice Friday, giving him a chance to play. Bucs coach Bruce Arians has called Evans a "gametime decision" all week. Evans won't be 100 percent if he's active, but even on limited snaps, there should be enough targets for him in what projects as a high-scoring matchup. Scotty Miller would see an expanded role if Evans sits.

Sep 12, 2020, 11:08 AM ET

Unless he has a miraculous next day, Chark will be my starting WR next to Kupp this week. Don’t want to chance him being a decoy and tbh; I’d rather him just sit and get to 100% next week. 

Assuming his current “Questionable” tag sticks, where is the line at which a questionable Evans is better/worse than a healthy WR?

For me, I’m thinking around the WR25/30 mark. 

Unless he has a miraculous next day, Chark will be my starting WR next to Kupp this week. Don’t want to chance him being a decoy and tbh; I’d rather him just sit and get to 100% next week. 

Assuming his current “Questionable” tag sticks, where is the line at which a questionable Evans is better/worse than a healthy WR?

For me, I’m thinking around the WR25/30 mark. 

The upgrade was unexpected. It’s pretty rare to see an upgrade. 

if he starts I’mma start him. If he sits, Gronk goes into my lineup. 

Deciding between a gimpy Evans and a healthy Diontae Johnson. Leaning toward Johnson but Evans has played well in the past when he was supposedly limited.  Ugh...

Deciding between a gimpy Evans and a healthy Diontae Johnson. Leaning toward Johnson but Evans has played well in the past when he was supposedly limited.  Ugh...
Outside of Bradberry the Giants CB situation is shaky at best

Mike Evans 4-69 and zero TD’s in two games against the Saints last season

Same boat. I just put DJ in bc of the matchup.  My gut agrees with the decoy move.

im sitting evans in 2 leagues...yes i doubled down on him last week.

league 1 - 14 teamer - putting in preston williams

league 2 - 10 teamer - putting in ceedee lamb

good luck everyone.

In one league I'm suffering. Got Sutton, Evans and Golladay all crocked. Beasley, Jefferson and Higbee are starting in their place. Yuk!

NFL Network's Jesse Palmer said WR Mike Evans (hamstring) has a "good chance" to be active for Week 1. 

Evans was the first Buc on the field, testing his injured hamstring. Palmer said Evans remains questionable but should be able to go against the Saints after suffering a late-week injury. Evans will likely see limited snaps against New Orelans -- he remains a risky fantasy option. 

SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter 

Sep 13, 2020, 2:02 PM ET

In one league I'm suffering. Got Sutton, Evans and Golladay all crocked. Beasley, Jefferson and Higbee are starting in their place. Yuk!
Ouch

I have Evans in many leagues, will start diontae Johnson might start jeudy, and will probably roll with Evans over guyton

Users who are viewing this thread