What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Mike Evans, TB (1 Viewer)

I just re-watched the highlight catch where he fumbled in front of the end zone for a touch back and something occurred to me. That's the first time I've seen him on the left side of the field. Meaning if he has the potential to learn how to play on both sides, we may have only seen half of what he is capable of. Rookie mistake fumbling there but if the coaching staff can polish him up he's going to be a beast

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing on this yet in here? I saw it while browsing and figured this would have at least come up by now:

A video surfaced on TMZ Friday of Bucs rookie WR Mike Evans throwing a haymaker during a brawl outside a Miami nightclub.
TMZ claims the fight occurred last weekend, but Evans' agent says it happened in March -- before Evans was drafted. We figured it was worth posting because the video has blown up on Twitter, but no arrests were made and it is extremely unlikely that Evans faces any repercussions stemming from the incident. Aug 22 - 4:14 PM
Source: TMZ.com
As the blurb notes, there's aren't likely to be any repercussions for this with the team/league, but does it affect anyone's view on him? Personally, I've done a lot of stupid things like this myself, so it doesn't affect my perception of him, but others may not feel the same way. I don't know if he had any disciplinary issues in his past that this might reinforce as a possible pattern going forward.

Nothing on this yet in here? I saw it while browsing and figured this would have at least come up by now:

A video surfaced on TMZ Friday of Bucs rookie WR Mike Evans throwing a haymaker during a brawl outside a Miami nightclub.
TMZ claims the fight occurred last weekend, but Evans' agent says it happened in March -- before Evans was drafted. We figured it was worth posting because the video has blown up on Twitter, but no arrests were made and it is extremely unlikely that Evans faces any repercussions stemming from the incident. Aug 22 - 4:14 PM
As the blurb notes, there's aren't likely to be any repercussions for this with the team/league, but does it affect anyone's view on him? Personally, I've done a lot of stupid things like this myself, so it doesn't affect my perception of him, but others may not feel the same way. I don't know if he had any disciplinary issues in his past that this might reinforce as a possible pattern going forward.
Gets off the jam and releases well at :23

Great intensity to beat his man at :30

Excellent lateral agility for a big man at :34

Nice leaping ability at :39

I don't think I have ever seen policemen do a worse job than the ones in that video...they look like Barney Fife...

If this happened in March, then teams knew about it and didn't care.

Randy Moss was alright. Not good seeing players doing things like this but it has zero bearing on their fantasy value to me*.

*Unless it's Manziel because I just don't like him.

I wish I had seen this fight video before the draft and maybe I wouldn't have been so down on him. In this video he shows quickness, awareness, great balance, and good vision. Nice leap over the car hood as well!

I wish I had seen this fight video before the draft and maybe I wouldn't have been so down on him. In this video he shows quickness, awareness, great balance, and good vision. Nice leap over the car hood as well!
and lets not forget great decision making

that was the most impressive part of the video. instead of taking on 3 of them at once he was constantly moving yet still had a good offense and squared up when he got himself in a good position.

He didn't lose his cool and just go crazy, kept his composure and was always aware of his surroundings.

i know it was a fight but he was very impressive and i think overall it is a positive to see how he responded and held his own vs 3 bouncers.

that was the most impressive part of the video. instead of taking on 3 of them at once he was constantly moving yet still had a good offense and squared up when he got himself in a good position.

He didn't lose his cool and just go crazy, kept his composure and was always aware of his surroundings.

i know it was a fight but he was very impressive and i think overall it is a positive to see how he responded and held his own vs 3 bouncers.
Evans had his head on a swivel. Looks like no CB or safety is gonna get a cheap shot on this guy.

Mike Clayton
Mike Williams
Mike Evans

Anyone here expecting a huge rookie year and then not much else?

Is Tampa Mike now Buffalo Mike or the WR formely known as Tampa Mike?

Mike Clayton

Mike Williams

Mike Evans

Anyone here expecting a huge rookie year and then not much else?

Is Tampa Mike now Buffalo Mike or the WR formely known as Tampa Mike?
actually I'm kind of expecting the opposite. I think he won't do a ton this year but should get better as the years go on.

Didn't see the game, but he finished with a mediocre stat line on a day where the Tampa offence looks to have been awful overall. Looks like he had 9 targets- tied for the team lead with Jackson, and had a TD catch called back on a penalty.

None of his catches are up on NFL.com- anyone who saw the game want to comment on how he looked?

Rotoworld:

Mike Evans secured 5-of-9 targets for 37 yards in the Bucs' Week 1 loss to the Panthers.

We noticed Evans running routes in the slot, where his size creates mismatches. He had a fourth-quarter touchdown negated on replay. The usage and targeting of Evans was promising, even if his final stat line wasn't dominant. He tied Vincent Jackson for the Buccaneers' team lead in targets. Evans is a WR3/4 in re-draft leagues and a borderline WR1 in Dynasty formats. Evans will be in the WR3/flex discussion in Week 2 against St. Louis.

Sep 7 - 7:44 PM

Faust said:
Rotoworld:

Mike Evans secured 5-of-9 targets for 37 yards in the Bucs' Week 1 loss to the Panthers.

We noticed Evans running routes in the slot, where his size creates mismatches. He had a fourth-quarter touchdown negated on replay. The usage and targeting of Evans was promising, even if his final stat line wasn't dominant. He tied Vincent Jackson for the Buccaneers' team lead in targets. Evans is a WR3/4 in re-draft leagues and a borderline WR1 in Dynasty formats. Evans will be in the WR3/flex discussion in Week 2 against St. Louis.

Sep 7 - 7:44 PM
good stuff Faust! thanks, as always

Rotoworld:

Mike Evans caught all four of his targets for 49 yards in the Bucs' Week 2 loss to the Rams.

Evans caught a 29-yard pass with eight seconds left in the fourth quarter to get the Bucs to the Rams' 32-yard line while down 19-17. At the end of the catch, Evans took a thundering hit and was hurt on the play. Since the Bucs were out of timeouts and Evans was injured on the field, the Bucs were forced to take a 10-second runoff. The game ended there. Evans will be a WR3/4 Thursday against Atlanta. He's going to need better play from Josh McCown.

Sep 14 - 9:02 PM

Rotoworld:

Mike Evans - WR - Buccaneers

Mike Evans caught 4-of-7 targets for 52 yards in the Bucs' Week 3, blowout loss to the Falcons.

One of Evans' missed targets was a Mike Glennon deep ball he probably should have hauled in. Evans was not one of the problems as the Bucs got waxed 56-14, but did appear sluggish, as if he's still adjusting to the speed of the NFL. He now has 13 grabs for 138 yards through three games. With Josh McCown not moving the offense (and hurt), Evans could benefit from a switch to Glennon.

Sep 18 - 11:58 PM

Rotoworld:

Mike Evans caught 4-of-7 targets for 52 yards in the Bucs' Week 3, blowout loss to the Falcons.

One of Evans' missed targets was a Mike Glennon deep ball he probably should have hauled in. Evans was not one of the problems as the Bucs got waxed 56-14, but did appear sluggish, as if he's still adjusting to the speed of the NFL. He now has 13 grabs for 138 yards through three games. With Josh McCown not moving the offense (and hurt), Evans could benefit from a switch to Glennon.

I'm not sure he "probably should have" hauled it in. The ball was overthrown. He did manage to get his finger tips on it but it would have been a pretty spectacular catch.

Rotoworld:

I'm not sure he "probably should have" hauled it in. The ball was overthrown. He did manage to get his finger tips on it but it would have been a pretty spectacular catch.
Glennon certainly seemed to look his way a ton; though I'm a little concerned that he kind of limped out of the game and didn't return. Hopefully just precautionary.

So is this guy "looking the part" of an elite WR? Obviously he's in a ####ty situation, but I would have hoped he'd have a decent game after 3 weeks...

I'm asking because I don't get to see him much.

So is this guy "looking the part" of an elite WR? Obviously he's in a ####ty situation, but I would have hoped he'd have a decent game after 3 weeks...

He looks like a talented guy trying to figure out the NFL. Problem is everyone else on the team sucks.
Yup, he definitely looks the part from what I've seen. I think he's talented enough to be a late season Keenan Allen guy, question is does he have the QB play to help get him there? I doubt it. He's no more than a bye week filler in redraft but if I played dynasty I'd like what I've seen so far.

He looks like a talented guy trying to figure out the NFL. Problem is everyone else on the team sucks.
Yup, he definitely looks the part from what I've seen. I think he's talented enough to be a late season Keenan Allen guy, question is does he have the QB play to help get him there? I doubt it. He's no more than a bye week filler in redraft but if I played dynasty I'd like what I've seen so far.
Excellent news.

I don't see any room for a 10-mil a yr WR on a team that is rebuilding, so I highly doubt V-Jax is a Buc next season.

That could propel Evans into a #1 role next season. I love Evans as a #2, but don't like him as a #1.

I don't see any room for a 10-mil a yr WR on a team that is rebuilding, so I highly doubt V-Jax is a Buc next season.

That could propel Evans into a #1 role next season. I love Evans as a #2, but don't like him as a #1.
He's already looking better than VJax this season through a few games in terms of catches and yards, and he's making more tough catches in traffic that move the chains. I think Evans could outscore Vjax THIS season, and with some improvement in QB play in TB, he could become a stud.

It's funny because after the rookie draft people liked Watkins better than Evans generally but those backing Evans felt he was going to be a big red zone target. He has consistently produced OK yardage numbers but what is hurting him is he hasn't scored any TD yet.

Evans cant get red zone targets if the team never reaches the red zone.
Agreed.

The Bucs only managed 58 passing yards by the half of the Falcon game.

They never got to the red zone or even challenged till the weak Atlanta starting defenders we sitting on the sidelines late in the 4th, well into garbage time.

The fact Evans has 2 RZ targets isn't a shock nor damning to his ability but speaks more to the sorry state of Tampa Bay's QBs and overall passing attack which includes the shoddy protection.

Hopefully Ichabob Crane (Glennon) can add a spark and give some hope for their passing game and Evans could start to develop into his potential.

http://images.wikia.com/disney/images/e/ef/Ichabod_Crane.jpg

Otis said:
Quez said:

He's already looking better than VJax this season through a few games in terms of catches and yards, and he's making more tough catches in traffic that move the chains. I think Evans could outscore Vjax THIS season, and with some improvement in QB play in TB, he could become a stud.
Huh. I think he looks average at best.

So who is the best QB in this class. I think he's going to be a buck. Won't matter though. Lovie stinks as an offensive HC.

what do you think now?

Has he even learned the role? We often just sub the next guy in mentally, but they might not know the other WR spot.

I think the Bucs do well in Pittsburgh today. This is a completely different team with McCoy on the field.

I think the Bucs do well in Pittsburgh today. This is a completely different team with McCoy on the field.
It's a completely different team with Glennon at QB as well. It helps that Pitt's D is missing 3 quality starters as well. I think TB has a chance to win this game.

I'm starting Evans today, just have too many WR and Flex players on bye... I hope you guys are right about the Bucs having a big game!!!

Another long reception; previously was close on another catch in the end zone which would have been a 2nd TD if he could have had both foot in bounds. Evans looking very real especially withe Glennon at the helm.

Rotoworld:

Mike Evans was forced from Tampa Bay's Week 4 game against the Steelers with a left groin injury, and will not return.

Evans pulled up lame sprinting down the right sideline late in the third quarter, leading to a Mike Glennon pick. He was in a ton of pain, and immediately ruled out for the game. Evans was having the best afternoon of his young NFL career before going down, catching 4-of-6 targets for 65 yards and a touchdown. Evans whipped Cortez Allen in the end zone on his score, and nearly had a 32-yard touchdown on Tampa's second drive, but couldn't get both feet in bounds. Evans should be considered week to week for the time being.

Sep 28 - 3:32 PM

Rotoworld:

A source tells FOX Sports that Mike Evans (groin) is expected to miss 2-3 weeks.

The Bucs' bye looms in Week 7, so it's possible we won't see Evans again until Week 8. It's a shame as he was coming off a breakout 4-65-1 game in Mike Glennon's first start of the season. Look for the Bucs to fill the No. 2 target job by committee, with Louis Murphy, Austin Seferian-Jenkins and Russell Shepard all getting increased opportunities.

Related: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Louis Murphy

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter Sep 29 - 11:39 AM

What does everyone think about his dynasty value now? It's hard to ignore his production so far given that he's only 21 years old and has played 4 games in the NFL. He was making some very nice catches.

I was kind of expecting him to just be a big jump ball kind of guy, but he hasn't even really been doing those. He's been making the much more athletic difficult catches which is a great sign for his future.

He has to be a top 15 WR right? And probably closer to 10 than 15.

What does everyone think about his dynasty value now? It's hard to ignore his production so far given that he's only 21 years old and has played 4 games in the NFL. He was making some very nice catches.

I was kind of expecting him to just be a big jump ball kind of guy, but he hasn't even really been doing those. He's been making the much more athletic difficult catches which is a great sign for his future.

He has to be a top 15 WR right? And probably closer to 10 than 15.
I have him at 15 but you'd have to rank him ahead of Marshall, Nelson, Allen and Hopkins to be any higher. It's not unreasonable to have him at 10 though.

Users who are viewing this thread