What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Mike Evans, TB (1 Viewer)

What does everyone think about his dynasty value now? It's hard to ignore his production so far given that he's only 21 years old and has played 4 games in the NFL. He was making some very nice catches.

I was kind of expecting him to just be a big jump ball kind of guy, but he hasn't even really been doing those. He's been making the much more athletic difficult catches which is a great sign for his future.

He has to be a top 15 WR right? And probably closer to 10 than 15.
I have him at 15 but you'd have to rank him ahead of Marshall, Nelson, Allen and Hopkins to be any higher. It's not unreasonable to have him at 10 though.
I like him more than Allen and Hopkins, but not more than Marshall and Nelson. I have a hard time ranking him among Floyd, Patterson and Harvin.

He does look good but I sold him before his game this weekend in a PPR dynasty

Gave: evans, Allen Robinson, Kelce

Got: lacy, Stacy, a. Davis

Rotoworld:

Mike Evans (groin) returned to practice Wednesday.

Evans wasn't able to practice at full speed, but has been cleared for individual drills. It's excellent news after he was expected to be held out through the Bucs' Week 7 bye. Evans was coming off a breakout 4/65/1 with Mike Glennon at quarterback prior to going down. He's now on track to return for Sunday's game against Baltimore.

Source: Greg Auman on Twitter

Oct 8 - 2:13 PM

Rotoworld:

Mike Evans (groin) was reportedly looking "promising" during Thursday's practice.

Evans is certainly on the right track, practicing on back-to-back days after sitting out Week 5. He's likely to end up on the good side of a questionable tag Friday. However, the scoring matchup Sunday is difficult as the Ravens have given up just four passing TDs in five games so far.

Source: Greg Auman on Twitter

Oct 9 - 2:07 PM

​Expectations this week? I hope this is not a rushed back to quick deal

Mike Evans (groin) is questionable for Week 6.

Advice: Despite the questionable tag, Evans practiced on a limited basis throughout the week and should return after missing just one game. The Tampa Tribune reported Evans "looks good to go" for Sunday's matchup with the Ravens.

(Rotoworld.com)

Rotoworld:

Mike Evans secured 4-of-7 targets for 78 yards in the Bucs' Week 8 loss to Minnesota.

Mike Glennon's first completion of the game was good to Evans for 11 yards down the right sideline. In the second half, Evans beat Josh Robinson for a 40-yard catch. He wound up leading Tampa Bay in targets and yards on the day. With rumors swirling about a possible Vincent Jackson trade, Evans should be rostered in all leagues. Even if V-Jax isn't shipped off before Tuesday's deadline, Evans will be a viable WR3 in Week 9 against Cleveland.

Oct 26 - 5:33 PM

I'm in bye week hell this week and forced to start Big Mike™. Hoping for 50 yards and a TD.
Me too. Feel good about his chances actually - he's been progressing nicely with Glennon, just hasn't posted a gaudy stat game yet like some of the other rookies.

Evans is a stud. If Glennon was just decent today, Evans would have had 4 Touchdowns, and I'm not kidding. He had a guy burned by a few yards for probably a 70 yard TD, but Glennon completely under threw it and it got picked. Evans burned another guy down the sideline earlier in the game and had him beat by a few yards again for what would have been a 30 yard TD, but instead of leading him, Glennon threw it to his back shoulder for no reason and it got knocked down. I know Evans had a great game numbers wise, but it should have been even bigger.

If we can get a good QB in here next year, Evans is gonna be special. He's a great talent.

I thought he looked good today and made some difficult catches. However, I think Haden was primarily on V-Jax. His catches were mainly when he was in single coverage against one of their #2-3 CBs.

I love Evans as a #2 wr, but he still is untested as a #1 target. I don't see V-Jax sticking around at 10mil per, so Evans could be the guy as early as next season.

Unquestionably, the rookie with the BEST catches this season to date.

Stat wise, he may not be the no1 rookie, but my god, if the Bucs had an even competent QB.... oooof

Those 2 glennon underthrows today were infuriating.

As a Bucs and UCLA fan, I hope we get Hundley. But Evans is a stud. Gives us fans some glimmer of hope.

Heard on the radio today that he is the YOUNGEST player to ever post 100yds + 2tds in a single game

Is that true?

as an aside: The most freakish rookie WR, without a doubt... his catches are unreal.

Evans with McCown:

Improved?

Same?

Decline?
A decline if McCown plays like he did earlier in the season.
Decline IMO. Glennon targets him a lot and seems to have better chemistry with him than McCown did.

Evans has had the chances to put up even bigger numbers than he currently has from what I've seen in tape. Glennon missed him a few times when he was open and he also had a TD earlier this season where he was barely out of bounds.

Evans with McCown:

Improved?

Same?

Decline?
I think decline, unfortunately. Glennon was building good chemistry with Evans and was giving him a good amount of targets. When McCown was in, he didn't really give Evans a chance to go up and get the ball. Maybe Evans has just grown since the first few weeks and he'll continue to produce, but I'm skeptical.

Heard on the radio today that he is the YOUNGEST player to ever post 100yds + 2tds in a single game

Is that true?

as an aside: The most freakish rookie WR, without a doubt... his catches are unreal.
Yep, the kid turned 21 in August, so he's VERY young. Gonna be a fresh 22 heading into next season. So happy he's a Buc.

Evans with McCown:

Improved?

Same?

Decline?
A decline if McCown plays like he did earlier in the season.
Decline IMO. Glennon targets him a lot and seems to have better chemistry with him than McCown did.

Evans has had the chances to put up even bigger numbers than he currently has from what I've seen in tape. Glennon missed him a few times when he was open and he also had a TD earlier this season where he was barely out of bounds.
Yup. Like I stated earlier in this thread, Evans was burning the Browns secondary all day and if Glennon threw accurate passes he could have had 4 TD's.

So dumb. If you're going to lose, at least do it with the young guy and make sure you have nothing in him going forward.

Here's the thing that surprised me this season w McCown...

In CHI he was LOCKED on to not Marshall... But Jeffery. He let the no1 WR take the major coverage, and hit his no2 option w ease.

He had the exact damn setup in TB, but failed to produce.

Maybe things will be different this time around... I hope they are... Because I had anticipated McCown being a positive for Evans from Day 1.

Who has more value ros...ari Floyd or Evans. I'm really considering dropping Floyd straight up for Evans.

Well you bench a guy who throws for 10 td and 6 intson a really bad losing team for a guy who threw 2 tds and 4 int and looked horrible all game long until one minute left in the game.

Who can the Bucs hire as coach next year Lovie has lost it and has tanked this fairly talented team wth his terrible decisions.

Bench Evans, unless you want 2-21 yards.

The season is lost, give a 25 year old who is at least producing something over a washed up journyman thats worth nothing.

Bucs cant hire a head coach to save their life.

Last edited by a moderator:
So dumb. If you're going to lose, at least do it with the young guy and make sure you have nothing in him going forward.
Glennon has had 18 games now to show he's the guy and hasn't done enough. In fact, it seems like he's regressing if anything.
That's fair, if you as a Bucs fan feel like you've seen enough. But it's not like you're going anywhere with McCown.
They're not going anywhere with either. I mean.....they're 1-7. What are we even talking about here. But at some point you have to evaluate the rest of the offensive roster as well and the best way to do that is with the better QB.

McCown at least has more arm strength to hit the wide open guy downfield.

Well you bench a guy who throws for 10 td and 6 intson a really bad losing team for a guy who threw 2 tds and 4 int and looked horrible all game long until one minute left in the game.

Who can the Bucs hire as coach next year Lovie has lost it and has tanked this fairly talented team wth his terrible decisions.

Bench Evans, unless you want 2-21 yards.

The season is lost, give a 25 year old who is at least producing something over a washed up journyman thats worth nothing.

Bucs cant hire a head coach to save their life.
Stop quoting TD/INT ratio. This is how you told yourself Glennon was good last year as well, when he clearly was terrible.

He sucks. He's not an nfl starting QB.

Yeah, but McCown wasn't getting Evans the ball and that's what matters! lol
That was 6 games ago. Evans is better now. Hopefully McCown is too.
McCown improved by standing on the sideline? A bad Glennon is still better than how McCown was playing before hurting his thumb.
Sure. Better relationship and understanding with the new OC that was thrust on them in week 1, better trust in his wideouts, better pass blocking from the line (last week).

I'm not saying McCown is great, or even better than Glennon. But I understand the move.

I might have to wait and see what happens this week with McCown in there, but Mike Evans has not been in the discussion with all these great rookie WR, and I think he's had a pretty good year so far. He has a pretty high floor, and pretty high ceiling. Targets have been there all year: here's week 3-9

Mike Evans TB 7 7 dnp 8 - 7 11 So, while I prefer the stronger armed Glennon, we'll have to see if he will start being more featured. The next three weeks are against middle of the road pass defenses (fantasy-wise, PPR leagues). CIN/DET are tough, but CAR and GB are not bad matchups.

ATL @WAS @CHI CIN @DET @CAR GB

I might have to wait and see what happens this week with McCown in there before starting him comfortably, but Mike Evans has not been in the discussion with all these great rookie WR, and I think he's had a pretty good year so far. He has a pretty high floor, and pretty high ceiling. Targets have been there all year: here's week 3-9

Mike Evans TB 7 7 dnp 8 - 7 11So, while I prefer the stronger armed Glennon, we'll have to see if he will start being more featured. The next three weeks are against middle of the road pass defenses (fantasy-wise, PPR leagues). CIN/DET are tough, but CAR and GB are not bad matchups.

ATL @WAS @CHI CIN @DET @CAR GB

Coach Lovie Smith said he thinks Mike Evans is playing "faster" now.

Lovie doesn't mean Evans is physically running faster, he means the rookie is processing information and letting his natural abilities take over now. It showed as he busted out for 7-124-2 in the Week 9 humiliation of Browns No. 2 CB Buster Skrine. Evans has another good matchup this week (home vs. ATL), but Josh McCown replacing Mike Glennon isn't the best news. Evans remains a high-upside WR3 thanks to touchdown-scoring ability -- he has four of them in his last four games.

Users who are viewing this thread