Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Carter_Can_Fly

Derek Carr...Lost in the shuffle? Big 4?

12 hours ago, GoBirds said:

Yep I'm going for it.

Who are you playing Carr over?

TB can't run on CAR so Fitz will have to throw but concerned about the game script there. Could see CAR just bleeding the clock.

Then again, Carr on the road (even though it's SF), with two not so great offenses. Could see an awful 16-13 type game.

1 minute ago, kyoun1e said:

Who are you playing Carr over?

TB can't run on CAR so Fitz will have to throw but concerned about the game script there. Could see CAR just bleeding the clock.

Then again, Carr on the road (even though it's SF), with two not so great offenses. Could see an awful 16-13 type game.

Bye week so I got nothing.:lmao:

This topic title makes me giggle every time, and it’s woefully in need of an update. 

Carr could be a good QB one day.

I'm not sure that day will ever come with the Raiders. 

I’m also not positive he’ll ever really be that good. I hate to say it because he seems like a really, really nice guy. A team guy, personable.  But man does he seem like a deer in the headlights sometimes. Maybe I’m imagining things, but he seemed to have a lot more confidence before the back injury. I can’t be the only one who thinks he’s regressed? 

Since they’re in full rebuild mode & dealing anything that’s breathing, why not send Carr to Arizona for a boatload of picks? It’s pretty clear they’re starved for QB help. 

25 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

This topic title makes me giggle every time, and it’s woefully in need of an update. 

Carr could be a good QB one day.

I'm not sure that day will ever come with the Raiders. 

I’m also not positive he’ll ever really be that good. I hate to say it because he seems like a really, really nice guy. A team guy, personable.  But man does he seem like a deer in the headlights sometimes. Maybe I’m imagining things, but he seemed to have a lot more confidence before the back injury. I can’t be the only one who thinks he’s regressed? 

Since they’re in full rebuild mode & dealing anything that’s breathing, why not send Carr to Arizona for a boatload of picks? It’s pretty clear they’re starved for QB help. 

Not a bad idea but AZ is invested in Rosen.  I think Gruden likes Carr.

1 hour ago, kyoun1e said:

Nick Mullens starting for SF. 

Can't decide if this helps or hurts Carr. 

Could mean more run game. 

I have Luck on a bye and had to choose between Carr and Alex Smith.

The difference for me is that BOTH Tampa's run AND pass defense sucks, so I suspect Washington will lean on their run game. Smith just seems to have no upside.

Meanwhile, although SF has a bad pass defense, their rush defense is mediocre (#20).  So I think if TDs come, they are more likely through the air.

So Carr for me for one week.

But let's face it, their offense is terrible, so I'll just cross my fingers and take what I can get.

Derek Carr completed 16-of-22 passes for 171 scoreless yards in the Raiders' Week 9 loss to the 49ers.

This is a new low for the 1-7 Oakland Raiders. Tom Cable's offensive line wasn't able to give Carr a lot of time, but Carr also kept stepping into pressure, which led to six sacks. After three quarters of bad football, Gruden stepped in and replaced Carr with backup A.J. McCarron, who also did nothing. The Raiders offense is built to be high completion, but the Raiders don't have the weaponry to pick up consistent yards after catch, so Carr is prone to some ugly games. The Raiders get extended time to develop a game plan for the Week 10 game against the Chargers.

Nov 1 - 11:17 PM

Seems to me Geiden is finding his way  out when it comes to Derek Carr the way the Raiders are tanking the bed 

I hope Carr holds up this year. I feel for the guy. He has to throw check downs or into the ground just to survive this season. 

Gruden is going to get him killed. 

Edited by Max Power
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Truebluey said:

So Carr for me for one week.

But let's face it, their offense is terrible, so I'll just cross my fingers and take what I can get.

Well that didn’t go very well. 

I may bet the house on San Diego next week. This is a team that’s quit. And even if they haven’t quit, they don’t have the talent to play in the NFL right now. 

This is just bad football. I feel for ya Raiders fans. You deserved better in the wall year. 

What a crap way to leave Oakland. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I hope Carr holds up this year. I feel for the guy. He has to throw check downs or into the ground just to survive this season. 

Gruden is going to get him killed. 

Maybe that’s the plan

It's been many years but from what I recall recall, when Gruden had Gannon, Brown and Rice,  there were lots of short quick timing passes.   I expected that this year since that should have played to the strength of Nelson and Cooper.   And that would have helped the two struggling rookie tackles.   The O looks vanilla and poorly designed.  

I actually invested pretty heavily in Carr and Cooper this season, as I was able to get both very cheap, and I thought there was a decent chance for somewhat of a resurgence......I saw the writing on the wall several weeks ago and dumped both before the wheels fell completely off......at this point, I don't see how Carr is on the future plans for the Raiders....not entirely his fault, but he's pretty bad.

2 minutes ago, Manster said:

I actually invested pretty heavily in Carr and Cooper this season, as I was able to get both very cheap,

Wait, wat? 

So did you invest heavily or get them very cheap?

i feel like I’m reading a post from Jefferson’s brother.

”my brother’s gonna ####! My brother’s gonna kill us!”

”make up your mind dude, is he gonna #### or is he gonna kill us?”

”first he’s gonna ####, then he’s gonna kill us!” 

2 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Wait, wat? 

I'm guessing he means he went for Carr and Cooper in multiple leagues

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Wait, wat? 

Relax, alright?  My old man is a television repairman....he's got this ultimate set of tools....I can fix it...

Poor choice of words on my part....by heavily I meant I tried to get Carr/Cooper in all leagues, and was able to due to their relative value( I thought!) and lack of interest (smart, turns out!)

Edited by Manster
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Manster said:

Relax, alright?  My old man is a television repairman....he's got this ultimate set of tools....I can fix it...

Poor choice of words on my part....by heavily I meant I tried to get Carr/Cooper in all leagues, and was able to due to their relative value( I thought!) and lack of interest (smart, turns out!)

I can fix it. 

:lol: 

got it. 

I was a big Carr fan prior to this season as well. I figured growing pains with Gruden but theres no way Carr is on this team next year. not his fault. Gruden is ruining this franchise

• Like 1

One of the big knocks on Carr as a prospect according to some draftniks was that Carr gets skittish under pressure and will throw the ball away too quickly.

I saw some of that in his most recent game. He just did not look comfortable in the pocket at all. He would run into pass rush, not good pocket awareness. He seemed like he didn't want to be playing.

Understandable that he got benched playing like that and this may be a long term problem.

I don't watch the Raiders enough to know if this has been going on all year or even last year or not?

The way he played in the most recent game reminded me of what I heard some saying about Carr at the college level.

• Like 2

Embarrassing that Carr can’t do anything against the bad Niners D, who were missing thier starting strong safety and MLB

17 hours ago, Rove! said:

Embarrassing that Carr can’t do anything against the bad Niners D, who were missing thier starting strong safety and MLB

The one thing I’ll say for him is that his wrs are brutal so it’s hard to do much but throw to the rb and te. Still it looks like the raiders are picking a qb first overall next year. Maybe Carr can be a Dalton type of qb somewhere else.

Edited by voiceofunreason

On 11/3/2018 at 11:45 AM, Faust said:

I can't help but think that if/when Carr is traded, he will flourish again.  What can you expect from a team in the midst of a fire sale?

As someone who held onto and defended his brother, this is history repeating itself. He’s not good, he’s terrified every time he drops back. Once you start becoming scared of NFL defenders you’re toast. He’s done, he’s not good, he refuses to throw downfield and the Raiders will be worse for continuing a commitment to him. Why there is an internet herd of Derek Carr zombies, I’ll never understand.

• Thanks 1

Gruden destroyed his career yet? Once he's done with him he'll be lucky to score a backup job, Chucky wants his own QB and has no problems destroying this kid.

• Like 1

Derek Carr completed 25-of-34 passes for 322 yards and two touchdowns in the Raiders' upset win over the Steelers.

Carr started this game hot, completing each of his first six passes to help the Raiders jump out to an early 7-0 lead. He did not do much of note following that opening drive, however, and lost a bad fumble with Oakland in scoring position in the third quarter. He bounced back in a big way in the fourth. With the Raiders down by four, Carr led a 14-play, 73-yard touchdown drive to give them the lead. He kicked off that march with a great throw to Marcell Ateman for 28 yards, found Jordy Nelson for a big third-down conversion, and capped the drive with a three-yard toss to Lee Smith. The Steelers quickly answered back, but Carr would not concede. He quickly led Oakland back down the field, picking up 39 yards with a pinpoint throw to Seth Roberts to set up a first-and-goal. After three failed plays, he found Derek Carrier open at the goal line for the game-winning score. It was an impressive final quarter for the maligned QB. He will look to keep that momentum going against the Bengals.

Dec 9 - 7:31 PM

Speaking Monday, Raiders coach Jon Gruden referred to Derek Carr as a "great quarterback."

It's notable because the Raiders are in prime position to draft a quarterback early in the first round. But if Gruden is to be believed, they won't be going that route. "The guy is a hell of a player," Gruden said, calling Carr's ability to perform capably "astonishing" amid shoddy pass protection. "The guy is a great quarterback." Carr is completing a career-best 68.4% of his throws and averaging a career-best 7.5 yards per attempt.

Source: Michael Gehlken on Twitter 

Dec 17 - 4:12 PM

Derek Carr's $19.9 million base salary for 2019 becomes fully guaranteed on Wednesday at 4 PM ET.

That plus a $100K workout bonus gives Carr a guaranteed $20 million this year. Carr was not good in coach Jon Gruden's first year on the job. Carr did complete a career-best 68.9% of his passes and topped 4,000 yards for the first time, but he threw just 19 touchdowns and absorbed 51 sacks after his previous-most taken was 31 in 2015. Carr is just brutal under pressure and needs everything to be right around him to have success. Gruden is going to give Carr at least one more year under center. It will be easier and easier to get out of this contract as time goes on.

Source: Field Yates on Twitter 

Feb 6 - 10:55 AM

Behind Carr, Raiders still have Peterman on the roster, and signed FAs Glennon and Landry.

Not only would I be shocked, but would also be highly disappointed if the Raiders took a QB with any of their 1st round picks. 

When you have the 4th pick, regardless of any positional need, you entertain QBs at your complex as a smokescreen/entice trade-ups. 

All this talk about the Raiders going Murray at 4th is just about generating clicks. Was skeptical when Maycock joined the staff, but him and Gruden have so far shown me how much more prudent their approach is than it was with McKenzie. 

Stranger things have happened, but given the fantastic offseason/FA period, I can't see Gruden/Maycock reversing that hard from their current trajectory and going QB with their first round picks.

• Like 1

DEREK CARR QB, OAKLAND RAIDERS

Speaking Thursday, Raiders GM Mike Mayock admitted the team could select a quarterback in the first round of the draft.

Mayock prefaced his comments by insisting that Derek Carr is a franchise quarterback but made it clear he and Jon Gruden will consider signal callers on Day 1. Mayock said it must be approached "like at any other position," and that the team has to do its due diligence. "If we found somebody we liked better or thought had bigger upside, you've gotta do the right thing for the organization," was Mayock's surprisingly direct answer. With the No. 4, 24, 27 and 35 picks, the Raiders have more than enough ammo to work with if they want to select Carr's replacement.

SOURCE: MJ Acosta on Twitter

Apr 11, 2019, 7:59 PM

On 4/3/2019 at 12:31 AM, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Stranger things have happened, but given the fantastic offseason/FA period, I can't see Gruden/Maycock reversing that hard from their current trajectory and going QB with their first round picks.

Your Freudian slip is showing.

8 hours ago, hispeedthinmint said:

What is Carr's dynasty value these days? (In a start 1 QB)

Should be pretty cheap. I bet you could get him just by moving back a few spots with a pick- ie move something like 2.05 for 2.12/Carr or something like that where you don’t actually give anything up

13 hours ago, hispeedthinmint said:

What is Carr's dynasty value these days? (In a start 1 QB)

Really low.  If he doesn't have a good season, he is done in OAK.  

I'll be much more excited when he stops giving up on plays after his first two reads are covered.