Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Carter_Can_Fly

Derek Carr...Lost in the shuffle? Big 4?

Been on board all season but had not seen him play past a couple of highlights. I thought the test against the Jets would be an important one and he came out of that with flying colors. Granted the Jets defense looked off and could not tackle, he still made a bunch of great throws especially to Andre Holmes

Raiders finally get lucky. I think when all is said and done he will be challenging to be in the top 5 qb grouping.

Fun fact: He wears #4 in honor of Favre.

How do folks see him finishing this year in redraft?

Likely gonna have to rely on him quite a bit in a 14 team league down the stretch. He's QB10 ppg in my league right now. If he stays in that range I'll take it. How long can he sustain a 5-1 TD to int ratio though?

Schaub got bench for Case Keenum again

Way to announce to the world that you don't watch college football.

Hmm, I did happen to catch the USC game where they had the athletes to take away those cool little bubble screens that he was accustom to throwing 50x a game vs WAC opponents though :popcorn:

I wasn't trying to offend you. I hope I'm wrong, but he's really going to disappoint you when it's all said and done. Starting him day-1 is going to bite this team.

I've been streaming him and cutler, going all in on Carr going forward. Wondering what other folks are doing. I doubt many drafted Carr as their qb1. At some point you have to assume it's not fluky anymore, or easy matchups, he's a flat out stud and star in the making.

ANyone thinks he goes off again against a MIN team traveling West?

Amari and Murray injuries are a concern. It's not a great matchup even if they both play, could be rocky if they're both out. Rolling with Carr regardless. I don't see him going off this week, but have my fingers crossed.

ANyone thinks he goes off again against a MIN team traveling West?

Vikings D is very good and underrated IMO. Teams usually have problems going West to East with the earlier start times, not so much the other way around.

He'll be in my lineup but I'm not expecting him to go off.

Raiders starting C Rodney Hudson is MIA at practice and last seen in a walking boot and is considered unlikely to play. That's a huge blow to the interior line as they have a huge dropoff from Hudson to their backup C Tony Bergstrom. Just something to consider.

I was also streaming cutty and carr, dont think i can justify benching carr based on matchup anymore

In the same boat, and saving Cutler for Week 14. Even if Carr keeps this pace up, I know I'm going to sweat a potential Week 14 playoff matchup @ Denver with Cutler at home vs. the Skins.

I'm starting him at the moment but considering starting Palmer v SEA instead. Vikes and Hawks both great Ds though.

Raiders starting C Rodney Hudson is MIA at practice and last seen in a walking boot and is considered unlikely to play. That's a huge blow to the interior line as they have a huge dropoff from Hudson to their backup C Tony Bergstrom. Just something to consider.

That is a huge blow. Part of Carr's success is the great protection he has been getting from that Oline. Carr likely comes back to earth this week.

Well crap.

I have started Eli at QB the last 3 weeks and only once was it a good idea (6 TD game @ NO). After last week's great performance @ PIT I decided to start playing Carr regardless of match up* and now this :kicksrock: How long is the center supposed to be out?

*I too would worry in starting him against DEN in week 14.

For what it's worth.....Hudson was hurt during the Pitt game and Carr still played well after he was out....including the last 2 TD drives. I think Hudson being out effects Lat Murray more than Carr since their passing offense seems to be a lot of quick reads to avoid being sacked.

Anyone else concerned with the forecast tmrw?

Storm blowing through in the AM. Gusty winds all day. 20-30 MPH. Not great.

That weather should make Teddy fans more nervous, he's the one with Pennington Arm Syndrome.

That weather should make Teddy fans more nervous, he's the one with Pennington Arm Syndrome.

Is OAK passing offense more vertical or horizontal?

Short passes wouldn't be a problem. Deep ones...probably.

Is OAK passing offense more vertical or horizontal?

Short passes wouldn't be a problem. Deep ones...probably.

I wouldn't put too much stock in a weather forecast over 24 hours before the game. Lots of things would have to fall into place for it to have a meaningful impact on the game. The winds would have to be centralized around O.Co, they would have to coincide with the game, they would have to make it into the stadium (which acts as a wind break), they would have to gust while Oakland was on offense and they would have to continue for the entire 3+ hours of the game.

I'm wouldn't worry about it until you see a pregame shot of the flags on the goal posts being blown to heck.

After a fantasy did last week, he put up another big week this week.

He has to be borderline too 5 this year, I'd guess

Tough matchups the next couple of weeks. KC D has been tougher + Denver DC is probably an avoid in the playoffs. Probably feel ok rolling him out against KC considering how BUF did against them yesterday. Streaming another QB for Denver

Edited by timbrah_ho

Tough matchups the next couple of weeks. KC D has been tougher + Denver DC is probably an avoid in the playoffs. Probably feel ok rolling him out against KC considering how BUF did against them yesterday. Streaming another QB for Denver

I agree. I grabbed Winston last week in anticipation of the Denver matchup. Jameis plays New Orleans at home that week.

Grabbed Fitzy for weeks 13 and (maybe) 14. Holding Carr for 15 & 16.

Grabbed Fitzy for weeks 13 and (maybe) 14. Holding Carr for 15 & 16.

W15 and 16 are nice. But Denver will be ugly. I grabbed Jameis a week ago for W14. At home vs the Saints.

Lets get into the nitty gritty of weeks 15 and 16. He's got GB and SD. Both statistically are middle of the road FF pass defenses...both home games. Seems like Carr could be a solid matchup against both.

GB worries me more than SD since they'll be playing to secure a playoff spot. SD has already started to fold the tent and by week 16 it'll probably be like he's going against the practice squad.

Thoughts?

Anybody rolling with Carr vs DEN?

I just don't think I can do it. I'm going after Fitz and if I can't get him, Osweiller.

I wouldn't roll with Carr vs DEN. I agree with your alternate options.

Just realized that Carr is playing his week 16 game vs SD on Thursday night. Any major concerns there?

More afraid of road teams in that situation, and Carr put up almost 300 +3 tds last time he played them.

Want to play him this week, just cant muster the balls.

Nope. I'm keeping him for week 15 and 16 assuming I get out of the first round of playoffs but there are better options out there. At least on my waiver wire Alex Smith, Jameis Winston and Tyrod Taylor (this is who I grabbed) were available.

Want to play him this week, just cant muster the balls.

Nope. I'm keeping him for week 15 and 16 assuming I get out of the first round of playoffs but there are better options out there. At least on my waiver wire Alex Smith, Jameis Winston and Tyrod Taylor (this is who I grabbed) were available.

How do you not pick up Winston? He's playing NO.