What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Derek Carr, NO (3 Viewers)

Still do, but I've had Fitz to cover the gap. Unfortunately, with Fitzpatrick's game play of late it's making things interesting.

Hmm, I did happen to catch the USC game where they had the athletes to take away those cool little bubble screens that he was accustom to throwing 50x a game vs WAC opponents though :popcorn:

I wasn't trying to offend you. I hope I'm wrong, but he's really going to disappoint you when it's all said and done. Starting him day-1 is going to bite this team.
:thumbup:

It's kind of amazing to me how static the FBG QB season ratings are at FBGs. Is there any or much difference between Dodds, MT & Bloom?

Last year Wilson, Palmer and Bortles crowded in at nos. 3-5, I just don't think the same bunch of Newton, Brees and Brady plus these 3 finish the same, someone new or maybe a couple new names will pop in. Maybe it will be Winston or Eli, but I think Carr has to be a candidate. It would help if he had better receivers after Cooper though.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's kind of amazing to me how static the FBG QB season ratings are at FBGs. Is there any or much difference between Dodds, MT & Bloom?

Last year Wilson, Palmer and Bortles crowded in at nos. 3-5, I just don't think the same bunch of Newton, Brees and Brady plus these 3 finish the same, someone new or maybe a couple new names will pop in. Maybe it will be Winston or Eli, but I think Carr has to be a candidate. It would help if he had better receivers after Cooper though.
Crabtree is pretty good......

He needs a little waterbug slot guy. 

I dunno if he has a big game this week. I think the Raiders run the ball today.

Just a random thought but it occurs to me Carr is due for a big breakout game. Watching the games it feels like JDR keeps everything on a balanced level, and yeah I know that's good football and they're winning, but boy it really seems to me that Carr is ready to break loose if he gets the freedom to do so.

Just a random thought but it occurs to me Carr is due for a big breakout game. Watching the games it feels like JDR keeps everything on a balanced level, and yeah I know that's good football and they're winning, but boy it really seems to me that Carr is ready to break loose if he gets the freedom to do so.
Carr is running the show.  Dont doubt that.

Jesus

Anyone benching this week?
came here contemplating the same thing. he's rated very low against the tough denver d. he struggled against tennessee, kc, and jax. denver should give him trouble based on that so will probably sit him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not convinced Carr is sure to have a bad game this week but at the moment I'm starting Mariotta at SD over Carr.

I am thinking really hard about sitting him as well. Tyrod has a terrible matchup too so I had to pick up Kap to possibly start. Can't believe I just typed that. 

In the past four days I have switched between Roethlisberger and Carr 4 times - right now Roethlisberger is in my lineup.  Sure to be 3 or 4 more switches before Sunday....and depending on whether Roethlisberger actually plays.

I would sit Carr if I had a better option.  The Denver D is no joke.  Flacco does not feel like a better option. 

Denver (in Oak thankfully), then bye, then Houston (again in Oak). That's a tough stretch of the 2 worst FFA vs QB matchups with a zero sandwiched in between. Otoh there are 4 straight home games, but then he also has another game at Denver on the books.

I usually pick a rising young QB for my starter and then roll with it all year, but this is a tough stretch.

I'm thinking Foles this week and then Al Smith after that. Though I don't think Houston is as bad a start as it looks on paper.

How do you guys think Carr fares over the next 3 years in the league?  He's taken steps forward and Crabtree has been solid and Cooper should keep progressing.  I'm trying to gauge his value and ranking in our contract capped keeper league.  It's not a dynasty league so really I'm just looking at a 3 year window instead of the full career and trying to figure out how he shapes up with guys like Cam, Jameis, Wilson, Mariota, Prescott.

NFL Network's Mike Silver reports contract-year QB Derek Carr has "grown frustrated" with the "slow pace" of extension talks.

Per Silver, Carr is "extremely eager" to hammer out an extension before training camp, but the team hasn't reached out to his agent in the two-plus weeks since the draft. Carr's patience is "wearing thin," according to Silver's sources. We still have roughly two months until training camps open, giving the sides plenty of time, but this is going to be a tricky negotiation. Carr was previously pushing to pass Andrew Luck as the highest-paid quarterback in the league.

Source: NFL.com 
May 17 - 8:26 AM

How do you guys think Carr fares over the next 3 years in the league?  He's taken steps forward and Crabtree has been solid and Cooper should keep progressing.  I'm trying to gauge his value and ranking in our contract capped keeper league.  It's not a dynasty league so really I'm just looking at a 3 year window instead of the full career and trying to figure out how he shapes up with guys like Cam, Jameis, Wilson, Mariota, Prescott.
Very good. Over the next 3 years you could see Big Ben, Palmer and Brady hang up the cleats. Brees, Rivers and Rogers aren't spring chickens. I love the kid. 

Contract-year QB Derek Carr says he will cut off extension negotiations once training camp begins.
"I wouldn't answer my phone," Carr said, claiming he didn't want the distraction. In reality, it's Carr exercising one of the only pieces of leverage he has. If he can convince the Raiders he's even half-serious, it would be a good thing, adding urgency to the talks. Carr says he's confident a deal will be struck before the Raiders report.

Source: Michael Gehlken on Twitter 
May 30 - 5:02 PM

Users who are viewing this thread