What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL3 Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

I'm surprised McCoy continues to be number 1 pick. Charles was far and away number 1 last year. Not sure I see his situation changing much (are ppl honestly worried about Davis?) Honestly you can't go wrong with either guy but I'm surprised about the consensus around McCoy.

Bamac said:
I set up a MFL for tracking. http://www20.myfantasyleague.com/2014/home/52633#0

Haven't entered the scoring rules yet. Anyone should feel free to do so. Commish password is "fbgpdsl3". Franchise passwords are the same.
I guess we should make everyone responsible for uploading their team unless someone is kind enough to do it for you, draft will still be made here for people without MFL at work. I know I will load some if I have some time.

Bamac said:
I set up a MFL for tracking. http://www20.myfantasyleague.com/2014/home/52633#0.

Haven't entered the scoring rules yet. Anyone should feel free to do so. Commish password is "fbgpdsl3". Franchise passwords are the same.
I guess we should make everyone responsible for uploading their team unless someone is kind enough to do it for you, draft will still be made here for people without MFL at work. I know I will load some if I have some time.
All good. I'll try to keep the MFL updated as we go, and anyone else should feel free to do the same

Does anybody have the ability to text Bloom or something to let him know he is up? It looks like he hasn't been on since the 2nd.

So I took Peyton at 1.5 and I don't think I've ever played in any format I've ever taken a QB this early. I don't feel great about it but here's why I did it:

*Some will differ but I could not have drawn up a worst draft position than 1.5. I saw 4 tier one players and those were the top 4 picks. After that I saw one non-QB I put slightly above the rest of the pack after which I saw little difference between the next 10-15 players. So it was either the player I put slightly above the reset of the tier or Peyton.

*I went with Peyton because I see little drop off in his production. I had him in this format last year and he carried the team several weeks. He can cover 1-2 weekly lineup issues most weeks. Lastly when dealing with these early drafts I value spending my first pick on a guy who is always available every week. I know he missed a season but he's still never missed a game in-season. That's huge to me on these early drafts.

So that's why I went Peyton but I'd have much rather had one of the top 4 selections. Still not sure if the one other player I put slightly above the pack was the right way but we'll see.

I'm surprised McCoy continues to be number 1 pick. Charles was far and away number 1 last year. Not sure I see his situation changing much (are ppl honestly worried about Davis?) Honestly you can't go wrong with either guy but I'm surprised about the consensus around McCoy.
He has lost 3 offensive linemen so far this off season. Not saying I personally would bump him down from #1 because of that but I can understand it.

I drew the same spot as I had in BBAPL and decided to go a different way this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
menobrown said:
So I took Peyton at 1.5 and I don't think I've ever played in any format I've ever taken a QB this early. I don't feel great about it but here's why I did it:

*Some will differ but I could not have drawn up a worst draft position than 1.5. I saw 4 tier one players and those were the top 4 picks. After that I saw one non-QB I put slightly above the rest of the pack after which I saw little difference between the next 10-15 players. So it was either the player I put slightly above the reset of the tier or Peyton.

*I went with Peyton because I see little drop off in his production. I had him in this format last year and he carried the team several weeks. He can cover 1-2 weekly lineup issues most weeks. Lastly when dealing with these early drafts I value spending my first pick on a guy who is always available every week. I know he missed a season but he's still never missed a game in-season. That's huge to me on these early drafts.

So that's why I went Peyton but I'd have much rather had one of the top 4 selections. Still not sure if the one other player I put slightly above the pack was the right way but we'll see.
I have Forte in the same tier as McCoy/Charles/Peterson, and I would also have taken Calvin over Peyton. Which of those guys (Forte/Calvin) was your second choice -- or was it someone else altogether?

I think 8\9 is way worse than 5 tbqh. all 4 RBs, top 3 WRs, (generally, not this time) and Jimmy Graham all gone leaving a feeling of "ok what now".

I think 8\9 is way worse than 5 tbqh. all 4 RBs, top 3 WRs, (generally, not this time) and Jimmy Graham all gone leaving a feeling of "ok what now".
I dont think it is as bad as it seems, you still get one great player and get a better pick on the way back in the 2nd, I love the end of the first for that early 2nd.

Pre Draft Survivor Leagues - We will do 3 leagues. Sinrman, Holloway, and FF Ninja will be captains. All three drafts will start April 7th and we'll finish no later than May 7th. The captains will hold a draft beforehand to select their leaguemates and assign draft postions. Clock will be on all the time except for Easter Sunday and midnite to 8am EDT. Let me know if you are in.
Glad I looked, I didn't realize this was starting. No notification. :whoosh:
Remember the things you sign up for. ;) While the draft started and picks were made by those who checked back in, it officially didn't start until today.

I'll send out some notifications right now to some others.

Pre Draft Survivor Leagues - We will do 3 leagues. Sinrman, Holloway, and FF Ninja will be captains. All three drafts will start April 7th and we'll finish no later than May 7th. The captains will hold a draft beforehand to select their leaguemates and assign draft postions. Clock will be on all the time except for Easter Sunday and midnite to 8am EDT. Let me know if you are in.
Remember the things you sign up for. ;)

I did. I'm here, aren't I? :P

Remember the things you sign up for. ;)

I did. I'm here, aren't I? :P
:yes:

menobrown said:

I have Forte in the same tier as McCoy/Charles/Peterson, and I would also have taken Calvin over Peyton. Which of those guys (Forte/Calvin) was your second choice -- or was it someone else altogether?
Forte was the main consideration over Peyton but I don't have him in quite the same tier as the top 3 but he would have been my pick if not Peyton. Calvin is not even my #1 WR but in general between the top tier of WR's it's pretty much splitting hairs on who I like.

Irony, I picked Jeaton in front of me for the reason I do not have to wait too long, over 30 minutes is unacceptable. :P

Martin and Jones at the turn? Martin was RB3 entering last season, he gets hurt and people forget about him same for Julio. It is what happened with Garcon entering last year. It is why i put me at pick 16 and I like the result. I want last pick in the first in any draft I'm in.

Martin and Jones at the turn? Martin was RB3 entering last season, he gets hurt and people forget about him same for Julio. It is what happened with Garcon entering last year. It is why i put me at pick 16 and I like the result. I want last pick in the first in any draft I'm in.
Yes, I like that turn. Martin should bounce back big.

top 3 WRs
I see a top 1, maybe top 2, and then the next 4-6 are very close.
Top 2? There are 7 in the same tier of the elite who can finish as the #1 WR this year.
I see it this way as well. Can't name names yet until they are drafted I've got at least 5 WR's in the upper tier I feel just about equal about.
I prefer Mega, DT, and Green notch above the Dez, Gordon, and Julio area. Maybe that's just me. The next three all have questions imo

top 3 WRs
Top 2? There are 7 in the same tier of the elite who can finish as the #1 WR this year.
I see it this way as well. Can't name names yet until they are drafted I've got at least 5 WR's in the upper tier I feel just about equal about.
I prefer Mega, DT, and Green notch above the Dez, Gordon, and Julio area. Maybe that's just me. The next three all have questions imo
DT is really going to be much better then Dez he is in a different tier? Stop kidding yourself. Dez out scored Thomas just two years ago and has an OC that throws way too much. To say they belong in a different tier is just ridiculous.

CJ, Dez, Green, Thomas, Gordon, Julio and Marshall are all the same player in production with potential to be the #1 over all WR.

Julio has a good a shot to be WR1 so I'm on board with him. He's certainly in my top tier of WR's that goes 5 deep.

Martin is solid but it's not just that he was hurt last season but it's that he was pretty mediocore before he went down. Solid player but I'd have actually picked a few other RB's over him, Gio was my top choice at the time of available RB's but I would add I think on a per game basis Demarco is going to be a top 5 RB justh have concerns about him staying healthy. I'd have picked both of them over Martin myself.

Julio has a good a shot to be WR1 so I'm on board with him. He's certainly in my top tier of WR's that goes 5 deep.

Martin is solid but it's not just that he was hurt last season but it's that he was pretty mediocore before he went down. Solid player but I'd have actually picked a few other RB's over him, Gio was my top choice at the time of available RB's but I would add I think on a per game basis Demarco is going to be a top 5 RB justh have concerns about him staying healthy. I'd have picked both of them over Martin myself.
So Martin was doing bad for a bad team through 6 games so that means he will not be good this year? He performed elite just one year before that? While I get what you are saying judging a guy off six games before he went down with injury after a full season of being elite does not seem smart. Its about this year not last year or the year before and his prospects are elite for this year with how Tedford and Lovie use RBs.

top 3 WRs
DT is really going to be much better then Dez he is in a different tier? Stop kidding yourself. Dez out scored Thomas just two years ago and has an OC that throws way too much. To say they belong in a different tier is just ridiculous.

CJ, Dez, Green, Thomas, Gordon, Julio and Marshall are all the same player in production with potential to be the #1 over all WR.
You really don't think that DT has less question marks than Dez? I never said the potential for #1 overall wide receiver isn't there. when it's that close I'm taking the safer option that has just as much upside

top 3 WRs

You really don't think that DT has less question marks than Dez? I never said the potential for #1 overall wide receiver isn't there. when it's that close I'm taking the safer option that has just as much upside
Question marks? I dont think so, both have their fair share of injuries, I do not worry about off the field stuff in redraft.

top 3 WRs
DT is really going to be much better then Dez he is in a different tier? Stop kidding yourself.

Dez out scored Thomas just two years ago and has an OC that throws way too much. To say they belong in a different tier is just ridiculous.

Question marks? I dont think so, both have their fair share of injuries, I do not worry about off the field stuff in redraft.
I haven't seen any evidence that one guy is more likely to outscore the other. They've split the last two seasons on similar level of targets. Off field issues seem to be past dez. Both have stayed on the field the last couple years even if nicked up a bit. I believe they're in the same tier but even in redraft I'd prefer the guy who doesn't have the off field issues history, who has the better QB who doesn't happen to be coming off injury in the better offense. Either way because of this tier I'll prefer drafting towards the turn this year.

top 3 WRs

ok fine then let's make it easy. I'm taking Peyton Manning as the QB throwing to my receiver over Romo or Hoyer/rookie every. single. time.

I don't agree that Marshall is in the same league as the rest of the 5 at all.

top 3 WRs

ok fine then let's make it easy. I'm taking Peyton Manning as the QB throwing to my receiver over Romo or Hoyer/rookie every. single. time.

I don't agree that Marshall is in the same league as the rest of the 5 at all.
1. Romo does not suck, Dez had a better year than DT just two seasons ago with Romo throwing to him and Manning throwing to DT.

2. Marshall finished #6 at WR in PPR last year and #2 the year before.

I'm not saying either is better, just saying DT and Dez are not on a different level like you make it seem as for Marshall the numbers speak for themselves.

As to the DT risk factor---

Demaryius Thomas is still dealing with the shoulder injury he sustained during the Super Bowl.
Thomas played through a separated left shoulder during the ugly loss to the Seahawks. It hasn't healed enough for him to participate in this week's annual Peyton Manning passing camp at Duke. However, the Broncos have expressed no concern and there's been no talk of surgery, so we'd expect Thomas to be a participant once OTAs get going. He'll carry truly massive upside into the season with Eric Decker now a Jet.

Users who are viewing this thread