What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL 1 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Stinkin Ref said:
OldMilwaukee...nice pick on Miles Austin. I am really going to regret taking my 2nd Def instead of Austin.
seriously....?
Round 19...IF healthy (I know, big if), he is good for 700-800 yards and 5 TDs. Where else are you going to find that? I took Kerley instead and I think that is a better over in the long run, but I was in a position at WR to take a shot and I can't think of anyone else at that spot that has the potential to put up more than a few hundred yards.

Stinkin Ref said:
OldMilwaukee...nice pick on Miles Austin. I am really going to regret taking my 2nd Def instead of Austin.
seriously....?
Round 19...IF healthy (I know, big if), he is good for 700-800 yards and 5 TDs. Where else are you going to find that? I took Kerley instead and I think that is a better over in the long run, but I was in a position at WR to take a shot and I can't think of anyone else at that spot that has the potential to put up more than a few hundred yards.
you know he is not in DAL anymore right.....?....and that right now I'm on pace to catch as many TD's as him......I might even have more upside....

Stinkin Ref said:
seriously....?
you know he is not in DAL anymore right.....?....and that right now I'm on pace to catch as many TD's as him......I might even have more upside....
I like the Austin Pick also. Especially if he were to end up in a place like Carolina. I almost took him with my last pick. Its all a crap shoot from here anways. Austin has some upside in a BB league IMO.

Sinrman said:
Four Oakland WRs were taken so far?! *faint*
Reminds me of the STL love the prior two years.

On the flip side, have we've ever had a lower ADP for a team's WRs than Carolina's this year?
Probably the Jets last year...
Holmes, Kerley, and Hill went in all drafts that I can recall. did any Panther WRs get selected outside of Cotchery?
thought I saw Avant go in one

[SIZE=10.5pt]1.07 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Peyton Manning, QB1, DEN (4)[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]11.07 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Matt Schaub, QB29, OAK (5)[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]2.10 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Arian Foster, RB12, HOU (10)[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]7.07 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Darren Sproles, RB31, PHI (7)[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]9.07 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Danny Woodhead, RB40, SD (10)[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]13.07 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]CJ Anderson, RB57, DEN (4)[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]19.07 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]James Starks, RB75, GB (9)[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]3.07 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Vincent Jackson, WR16, TB (7)[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]4.10 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Roddy White, WR24, ATL (9)[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]6.10 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Terrence Williams, WR34, DAL (11)[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]10.10 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Aaron Dobson, WR60, NE (10)[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]12.10 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Jerrel Jernigan, WR70, NYG (8)[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]18.10 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Stedman Bailey, WR89, STL (4)[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]20.10 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Joe Morgan, WR101, NO (6)[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]5.07 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Kyle Rudolph, TE10, MIN (10)[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]8.10 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Delanie Walker, TE17, TEN (9)[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]16.10 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Josh Brown, PK26, NYG (8)[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]17.07 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Mike Nugent, PK28, CIN (4)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]14.10 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]RAVENS DST22 (11)[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]15.07 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]COLTS DST23 (10)[/SIZE]

General thoughts...

Peyton will regress but still will carry this team certain weeks. I need Foster to resume RB1 status and hope (at least one of) Sproles and Woodhead are a viable PPR RB2.

Like the WRs. 2 steady vets (with White being criminally undervalued) with the rest having good upside. Drafted Morgan with his best ball big play ability -- really debated on another RB or TE. I won't name them yet until the draft is over.

Drafted Rudolph with the "Norv" expectation. Him and Walker should give me solid production.

Waited on K and DST (slightly worried I wasn't going to get any...these positions were the only runs this draft had) but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Bye weeks worked out well for me. Nothing really stands out and looks meh at first glance. But I tried to be solid at each position this draft...not best at any position but not worst either. I think this team hinges on RB production. And if that happens, I like it.

[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

Tom Brady(10), EJ Manuel(9)

Adrian Peterson(10),Fred Jackson(9),Jonathan Stewart(12),Jacquizz Rodgers(9),Kendall Hunter(8),Jonathan Franklin(9)

Pierre Garcon(10),Michael Crabtree(8),Hakeem Nicks(10),Marlon Brown(11),Eddie Royal(10),Miles Austin(?),Brandon Gibson(5)

Dennis Pitta(11), Tyler Eifert(4)

BRONCOS(4) ,BILLS(9)

Greg Zurlein(4)

:tfp:

Team BusMan.

The Draft

01.14 - WR Julio Jones, Atlanta Falcons, 9

02.03 - RB DeMarco Murray, Dallas Cowboys, 11

03.14 - TE Vernon Davis, San Francisco 49ers, 8

04.03 - WR Wes Welker, Denver Broncos, 4

05.14 - RB Steven Jackson, Atlanta Falcons, 9

06.03 - QB Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears, 9

07.14 - WR Golden Tate, Detroit Lions, 9

08.03 - WR Dwayne Bowe, Kansas City Chiefs, 6

09.14 - QB Brian Hoyer, Cleveland Browns, 4

10.03 - TE Travis Kelce, Kansas City Chiefs, 6

11.14 - RB Roy Helu, Washington Redskins, 10

12.03 - D/ST St. Louis Rams, 4

13.14 - PK Steven Hauschka, Seattle Seahawks, 4

14.03 - WR Jerricho Cotchery, Carolina Panthers, 12

15.14 - PK Shayne Graham, New Orleans Saints, 6

16.03 - D/ST San Diego Chargers, 10

17.14 - WR Andrew Hawkins - Cleveland Browns, 4

18.03 - RB Stepfan Taylor, Arizona Cardinals, 4

19.14 - TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Rookie, ?

20.03 - QB Teddy Bridgewater, Rookie, ?
The Depth Chart

20.03 - QB Teddy Bridgewater, Rookie, ?

Bye Weeks

Week 4 - six

Week 5 - zero

Week 6 - three

Week 7 - zero
Week 8 - one
Week 9 - four, all in my top seven selections

Week 10 - two

Week 11 - one

Week 12 - one

Unknown - two

No obvious positional issues with bye week, although Weeks 4 and 9 will be tricky, with half my squad owning one of those two off weeks.

Thoughts

Maybe could've used another RB instead of a third QB or TE, but I didn't see any I like. I'm counting on Falcons with question marks in a big way: Julio to move past his foot issues and put together a high end WR1 season, and Steven Jackson to stay away from the RB cliff (that he might've already gone over).

Hoyer's playing time is a concern, but I like his chances to win the job outright and force the Browns to put any rookie QB on the bench for most, if not all, of the season. Cutler has to stay clean, too. Bridgewater's pre-draft fall down the "experts" boards is baffling and makes me think that everyone, everywhere, is stupid, all the time.

I like my WRs but probably should've put another one on the roster. The big bye weeks of 4 and 9 will be tester with only four of my wideouts lining up on each of those weeks.

Overall, this is one of my best ever survivor league drafts. I've been participating in these for years and have never even come close to sniffing a win. On May 1, this seems like my best chance ever.

Now let's go get some inauspicious draft results and devastating preseason injuries!

Adrian Peterson(10),Fred Jackson(9),Jonathan Stewart(12),Jacquizz Rodgers(9),Kendall Hunter(8),Jonathan Franklin(9)

Pierre Garcon(10),Michael Crabtree(8),Hakeem Nicks(10),Marlon Brown(11),Eddie Royal(10),Miles Austin(?),Brandon Gibson(5)

BRONCOS(4) ,BILLS(9)

Greg Zurlein(4)

Really not bad despite over-rostering RBs. You won't be an easy out.

Shadowfax said:
[SIZE=10.5pt]1.07 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Peyton Manning, QB1, DEN (4)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]11.07 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Matt Schaub, QB29, OAK (5)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]2.10 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Arian Foster, RB12, HOU (10)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]7.07 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Darren Sproles, RB31, PHI (7)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]9.07 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Danny Woodhead, RB40, SD (10)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]13.07 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]CJ Anderson, RB57, DEN (4)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]19.07 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]James Starks, RB75, GB (9)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]3.07 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Vincent Jackson, WR16, TB (7)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]4.10 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Roddy White, WR24, ATL (9)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]6.10 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Terrence Williams, WR34, DAL (11)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]10.10 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Aaron Dobson, WR60, NE (10)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]12.10 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Jerrel Jernigan, WR70, NYG (8)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]18.10 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Stedman Bailey, WR89, STL (4)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]20.10 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Joe Morgan, WR101, NO (6)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]5.07 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Kyle Rudolph, TE10, MIN (10)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]8.10 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Delanie Walker, TE17, TEN (9)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]16.10 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Josh Brown, PK26, NYG (8)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]17.07 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Mike Nugent, PK28, CIN (4)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]14.10 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]RAVENS DST22 (11)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]15.07 [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]COLTS DST23 (10)[/SIZE]

General thoughts...

Peyton will regress but still will carry this team certain weeks. I need Foster to resume RB1 status and hope (at least one of) Sproles and Woodhead are a viable PPR RB2.

Like the WRs. 2 steady vets (with White being criminally undervalued) with the rest having good upside. Drafted Morgan with his best ball big play ability -- really debated on another RB or TE. I won't name them yet until the draft is over.

Drafted Rudolph with the "Norv" expectation. Him and Walker should give me solid production.

Waited on K and DST (slightly worried I wasn't going to get any...these positions were the only runs this draft had) but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Bye weeks worked out well for me. Nothing really stands out and looks meh at first glance. But I tried to be solid at each position this draft...not best at any position but not worst either. I think this team hinges on RB production. And if that happens, I like it.
Smells like a high floor, low ceiling team. Which might be enough to get you to the end, where anything can happen. QB is fine with Peyton and Schaub, even if Matt loses his job somehow (I don't see it, though). RB lacks upside but fills that gap with decent PPR production. WR corps is a little flat, but is helped by a very prescient (read: lucky) set of bye weeks. Nothing special here, really. But Peyton can make the mediocre magical.

Here are the final results...I don't think this team is a winner, but hopefully will be competitive.

QB: Not sure where my points will come from on a week-to-week basis, but actually feel comfortable with this group. I've been fortunate in these types of drafts to get by with poor QB'ing, but not sure if that has been luck or the "key". Had to buy insurance for Vick, and it did not cost me much. Will get some nice rushing yards between those two. "Wish I got" Big Ben or Cutler.

RB: This is where I get nervous. Spent a 4th and 5th on two plodders (though Gerhart can catch the ball). While I like my selction of Julius Thomas in the third, I paid for it at RB. Honestly, I would not be surprised if Pierre Thomas were to outscore either Trent or Toby each week. Jeremy Hill was a flier (I don't like taking rookies in these things) and was happy to get Bradshaw as a handcuff for Trent. I should have grabbed Denard Robinson with my last pick in the draft. I was planing on taking a third DEF or Da'Rick Rogers and both went before me. Would have been cheap insurance for Toby. I could be in real trouble here. In the past, when I went light on QB, I always balanced my RB/WR combos...this time I did a poor job of it. "Wish I got"...Chris Johnson/Chris Ivory.

WR: This is where I spent my money, and I think it shows. AJ Green, Brandon Marshall and Jeremy Maclin is a good starting three for a ten team league, let alone, a sixteen teamer. I was also lucky to get Hartline as a nice, consistent bye-week filler. Add in Jeremy Kerley, and I have very little risk in my WR squad.

TE: Orange Julius seemed like good value in the third. Like him without Decker there...also Garrett Graham is a nice backup to have.

QB - Ryan Tannehill - MIA - 7.08

QB - Michael Vick - NYJ - 9.08

QB - Geno Smith - NYJ - 17.08

RB - Trent Richardson - Indy - 4.01

RB - Toby Gerhart - Jax - 5.08

RB - Pierre Thomas - NO - 8.09

RB - Jeremy Hill - Rookie - 12.09

RB - Ahmad Bradshaw - Indy - 14.09

WR - AJ Green - CIN - 1.08

WR - Brandon Marshall - CHI - 2.09

WR - Jeremy Maclin - PHI - 6.09

WR - Brian Hartline - MIA - 10.09

WR - Jeremy Kerley - NYJ - 19.08

WR - Stephen Hill - NYJ - 20.09

TE - Julius Thomas - DEN - 3.08

TE - Garrett Graham - HOU - 11.08

DEF - Saints - 13.08

DEF - Titans - 18.09

K - Graham Gano - CAR - 15.09

K - Dan Carpenter - BUF - 16.09

Final Results - Not great but not terrible either.

Quarterbacks - Happy to get Stafford where I did. He should do what he has done his entire career. Throw a ton of passes. Hopefully the addition of Golden Tate will result in more touchdowns. Joe Flacco is a decent backup. Was going to take Roethlisberger at 7.04 but passed him up to take Riley Cooper. Ben got drafted at 7.05.

Runnings Backs - Hopefuly Zac Stacey will continue where he left off. Really need Rashad Jennings to get the starting job with the Giants. If he does I should be in good shape as he is an all around back as he proved last year with the Raiders. Greene, Brown and Brown should see a decent amount of carries and hoping Carey gets drafted by a team with an urgent need at running back.

Wide Receivers - Tried to draft receivers on high scoring teams with top quarterbacks. Think I did that with Nelson, Sanders, Cooper and LaFell. Sanders and Cooper are the key to my draft. I feel they are going to improve over their numbers from last year. Lafell has the potential to put up good numbers if he gets a starting job. Excited to see where Cooks ends up and Sanders could be useful if Blackmon is suspended for a lengthy period.

Tight Ends - Graham should do what he always does and I think Fleener is a good backup playing with Andrew Luck. Just tried to draft players on high scoring teams with good quarterbacks.

Kickers - Walsh and Barth and decent kickers on teams that will move the ball but not score alot of touchdowns.

DEF - Did not draft a defense early and got stuck taking what was left over. Hopefully I'll get lucky and Miami or Minnesota will be the Chiefs of last year.

QB - Matthew Stafford - Det - 4.13

QB - Joe Flacco - Bal - 8.13

RB - Zac Stacey - Stl - 3.04

RB - Rashad Jennings - NYG - 5.04

RB - Shonn Greene - Ten - 9.04

RB - Donald Brown - SD - 11.04

RB - Ka'Deem Carey - RK - 14.13

RB - Andre Brown - Hou - 17.04

WR - Jordy Nelson - GB - 2.13

WR - Emmanual Sanders - Den - 6.13

WR - Riley Cooper - PHI - 7.04

WR - Brandon Lafell - NE - 12.13

WR - Brandin Cooks - RK - 13.04

WR - Ace Sanders - Jax - 19.04

TE - Jimmy Graham - NO - 1.04

TE - Coby Fleener - Ind - 10.13

DEF - Dolphins - 16.13

DEF - Vikings - 18.13

K - Blair Walsh - Min - 15.04

K - Connor Barth - TB - 20.13

QB: Brees, E Manning
RB: McCoy, Bush, M Lattimore, D McCluster, A Williams ®
WR: Wallace, Wayne, E Decker, M Evans ®, N Washington, S Rice, M Manningham
TE: Gates, Pettigrew
K: Novak, Folk
DST: TEXANS, JAGUARS

Thought I got great value with Brees at 2.15. Waited awhile for a #2, thinking I hardly needed one with Brees. But I still don't like to go too long without a sure-fire starter, in case my stud QB goes down or has a bad week or two. I don't like chancing it on a QB who is on very thin ice or a rookie that you have no idea where he lands or what happens with him. So although Eli isn't much to look at, he will at least be a bye week fill-in.

My starting RBs I LOVE in this format. Though Sproles will take some away from McCoy this year, I think it will keep him fresher and make defenses think long and hard if they are both in the backfield on certain plays. My other backs... meh. I'm actually not as high on Lattimore as others, but where I got him, I thought it was good value and a high-upside risky pick. Gore won't last forever. Kendell Hunter isn't much to look at. Lattimore has had severe injury issues, but I believe will be utilized. McCluster has a new home but will get some catches out of the backfield. Williams was a late-round grab, but in the right situation might surprise some people this year if given a chance. No bye week issues here, either.

My WRs overall I like. They are all #1-#3 WRs on their respective teams, and should get decent playing time and targets. Bye weeks are spread VERY well. I don't lose more than one receiver on any given week (unless Evans messes that up after getting drafted).

I waited, as usual, on TE. Not the greatest, but Gates had a resurgence last year and although he has competition now in SD, should still be Ol' Reliable. Pettigrew isn't much to look at (and I'm a Lions fan saying that), but should have a few decent games. No bye week issues.

Two kickers, two defenses. No bye week issues there, so I'm good.

QB: Nick Foles (7), Colin Kaepernick (8)
RB: Marshawn Lynch (4), Chris Johnson (11), Darren McFadden (5), Jackie Battle (6), Daryl Richardson (4)
WR: Julian Edelman (10), Reuben Randle (8), Steve Johnson (9), Greg Jennings (10), Rod Streater (5), Kenny Britt (9), Andre Roberts (10), Jason Avant (12)
TE: Jordan Cameron (4)
DEF: Dallas (11), Falcons (9)
PK: Mason Crosby (9), Jay Feely (4)

Not thrilled at all, feel like I punted my first pick in retrospect. QB's and the 'lots of WR' plan worked out really nicely. I don't mind going one stud TE in this format although with the Cameron pick over a known TE quantity I'm rolling the dice. Considering I had no TE and managed to stick around until week 9 last year I feel a little better about it.

My running backs are bad in the sense that I'm not going to get millions of points from them week in and week out. Between CJ, McFadden and Richardson I feel I'll get RB2 points every week though. You don't really need an RB2 in this format if you just ductape enough mediocre RB's together.
My WR plan is the same as always, draft at least 8 and consider a 9th if we skimp on TE or PK. Injuries or simple 'SOMEONE has to catch the ball on X team' almost always make a bunch of WR's in the 40-75 range valuable at least for burst scoring. With at least eight you increase your chances of hitting at least one relevant WR. Like I would feel awful starting Stevie, Jennings, Britt and Streater in a normal format, but in best ball I fully expect one of these guys to produce consistent points. After that it's just a matter if someone goes off on a given week. Andre Roberts is one of my favorite picks here and I wouldn't be shocked if he scored the 2nd or 3rd most points from this group.

I got lucky on the byes and after that I made sure not to cross too many with each other, wouldn't be shocked if I have the best spread over any team here. If I survive week four then I have no real bye issues.

Average team with great QB scoring and excellent bye weeks.

Thought I got great value with Brees at 2.15. Waited awhile for a #2, thinking I hardly needed one with Brees. But I still don't like to go too long without a sure-fire starter, in case my stud QB goes down or has a bad week or two. I don't like chancing it on a QB who is on very thin ice or a rookie that you have no idea where he lands or what happens with him. So although Eli isn't much to look at, he will at least be a bye week fill-in.

My starting RBs I LOVE in this format. Though Sproles will take some away from McCoy this year, I think it will keep him fresher and make defenses think long and hard if they are both in the backfield on certain plays. My other backs... meh. I'm actually not as high on Lattimore as others, but where I got him, I thought it was good value and a high-upside risky pick. Gore won't last forever. Kendell Hunter isn't much to look at. Lattimore has had severe injury issues, but I believe will be utilized. McCluster has a new home but will get some catches out of the backfield. Williams was a late-round grab, but in the right situation might surprise some people this year if given a chance. No bye week issues here, either.

My WRs overall I like. They are all #1-#3 WRs on their respective teams, and should get decent playing time and targets. Bye weeks are spread VERY well. I don't lose more than one receiver on any given week (unless Evans messes that up after getting drafted).

I waited, as usual, on TE. Not the greatest, but Gates had a resurgence last year and although he has competition now in SD, should still be Ol' Reliable. Pettigrew isn't much to look at (and I'm a Lions fan saying that), but should have a few decent games. No bye week issues.

This could be one of my favorite teams. Your starters are about as balanced as can get, and barring a major injury, I don't see how you end up with the lowest score for a long while (and that really is the point of this whole thing).

This could be one of my favorite teams. Your starters are about as balanced as can get, and barring a major injury, I don't see how you end up with the lowest score for a long while (and that really is the point of this whole thing).
I think Sinr's starters are above-average at literally every position (except D/ST, maybe, but who cares). I'm not sure I've ever seen an SL roster I could say that about. If the NFL season played out with no injuries to skill-position players I think he'd be a heavy favorite.

The funny thing is, I hate just about every one of his backups. I don't generally like rooks in these leagues, Lattimore's a gigantic question mark, and I wouldn't draft guys like Eli and Pettigrew if you paid me.

Not that I'll ever have the time, but I'd love to go back through a few years of survivor league scoring and see what percentage of weeks the drafted "backups" scored for the average team. I've always assumed it's pretty high, but that's just a hunch. If it's lower than I think, and Sinr's top guys don't get dinged, he's going a long way with this squad.

Why thank you :blush:

I think Sinr's starters are above-average at literally every position (except D/ST, maybe, but who cares). I'm not sure I've ever seen an SL roster I could say that about. If the NFL season played out with no injuries to skill-position players I think he'd be a heavy favorite.

The funny thing is, I hate just about every one of his backups. I don't generally like rooks in these leagues, Lattimore's a gigantic question mark, and I wouldn't draft guys like Eli and Pettigrew if you paid me.

Not that I'll ever have the time, but I'd love to go back through a few years of survivor league scoring and see what percentage of weeks the drafted "backups" scored for the average team. I've always assumed it's pretty high, but that's just a hunch. If it's lower than I think, and Sinr's top guys don't get dinged, he's going a long way with this squad.
Thank you as well for the kind words. I hope that is the case (going far, barring injury). I hear ya about the backups. Some of them are not great/sexy, but we do always have to keep in mind where we got them and who was still available at the time. Eli is a good example, I think. He absolutely SUCKED last year, I know. But when I got him, and really only needing someone for a week or two more than likely, it doesn't bother me. There were very few sure-fire starters at the point I took Eli, and although he has regressed a good deal, he is still the starter, and I firmly believe will keep the starter spot barring injury for this year at least. Others that were left had a lot of ?? or were rookies and we have no clue where they will land yet or how they will be handled.

Last edited by a moderator:

BRONCOS(4) ,BILLS(9)

Greg Zurlein(4)

Gotta admit I'm not a big fan. RBs are ok but will get a boost if Stewart can stay on the field (big doubts though). Hate the backup WRs of Brown, Royal, Austin and Gibson. No upside at all. Hated the Eifert pick in the 6th and still do. Should have drafted a WR/RB.

Don't think you make it to week 10 and if you do, probably not surviving that week with Brady, AP and Garcon off.

Here are the final results...I don't think this team is a winner, but hopefully will be competitive.

QB: Not sure where my points will come from on a week-to-week basis, but actually feel comfortable with this group. I've been fortunate in these types of drafts to get by with poor QB'ing, but not sure if that has been luck or the "key". Had to buy insurance for Vick, and it did not cost me much. Will get some nice rushing yards between those two. "Wish I got" Big Ben or Cutler.

RB: This is where I get nervous. Spent a 4th and 5th on two plodders (though Gerhart can catch the ball). While I like my selction of Julius Thomas in the third, I paid for it at RB. Honestly, I would not be surprised if Pierre Thomas were to outscore either Trent or Toby each week. Jeremy Hill was a flier (I don't like taking rookies in these things) and was happy to get Bradshaw as a handcuff for Trent. I should have grabbed Denard Robinson with my last pick in the draft. I was planing on taking a third DEF or Da'Rick Rogers and both went before me. Would have been cheap insurance for Toby. I could be in real trouble here. In the past, when I went light on QB, I always balanced my RB/WR combos...this time I did a poor job of it. "Wish I got"...Chris Johnson/Chris Ivory.

WR: This is where I spent my money, and I think it shows. AJ Green, Brandon Marshall and Jeremy Maclin is a good starting three for a ten team league, let alone, a sixteen teamer. I was also lucky to get Hartline as a nice, consistent bye-week filler. Add in Jeremy Kerley, and I have very little risk in my WR squad.

TE: Orange Julius seemed like good value in the third. Like him without Decker there...also Garrett Graham is a nice backup to have.

QB - Ryan Tannehill - MIA - 7.08

QB - Michael Vick - NYJ - 9.08

QB - Geno Smith - NYJ - 17.08

RB - Trent Richardson - Indy - 4.01

RB - Toby Gerhart - Jax - 5.08

RB - Pierre Thomas - NO - 8.09

RB - Jeremy Hill - Rookie - 12.09

RB - Ahmad Bradshaw - Indy - 14.09

WR - AJ Green - CIN - 1.08

WR - Brandon Marshall - CHI - 2.09

WR - Jeremy Maclin - PHI - 6.09

WR - Brian Hartline - MIA - 10.09

WR - Jeremy Kerley - NYJ - 19.08

WR - Stephen Hill - NYJ - 20.09

TE - Julius Thomas - DEN - 3.08

TE - Garrett Graham - HOU - 11.08

DEF - Saints - 13.08

DEF - Titans - 18.09

K - Graham Gano - CAR - 15.09

K - Dan Carpenter - BUF - 16.09
Like it. Good value on QBs, especially Vick/Geno. I did that in WSL (I think) but it cost me a bit more than you got here. For some reason I think Pierre and Bradshaw just may save your RB corps. I'm still bitter about TRich from last year -- I had him in too many leagues last year so he's dead to me this year. WR/TE a strength here. I know it was your last pick but Hill sucks. Wouldn't surprise me if he gets buried on the depth chart or just cut. If your RBs pan out, you'll be a tough out.

Final Results - Not great but not terrible either.

Quarterbacks - Happy to get Stafford where I did. He should do what he has done his entire career. Throw a ton of passes. Hopefully the addition of Golden Tate will result in more touchdowns. Joe Flacco is a decent backup. Was going to take Roethlisberger at 7.04 but passed him up to take Riley Cooper. Ben got drafted at 7.05.

Runnings Backs - Hopefuly Zac Stacey will continue where he left off. Really need Rashad Jennings to get the starting job with the Giants. If he does I should be in good shape as he is an all around back as he proved last year with the Raiders. Greene, Brown and Brown should see a decent amount of carries and hoping Carey gets drafted by a team with an urgent need at running back.

Wide Receivers - Tried to draft receivers on high scoring teams with top quarterbacks. Think I did that with Nelson, Sanders, Cooper and LaFell. Sanders and Cooper are the key to my draft. I feel they are going to improve over their numbers from last year. Lafell has the potential to put up good numbers if he gets a starting job. Excited to see where Cooks ends up and Sanders could be useful if Blackmon is suspended for a lengthy period.

Tight Ends - Graham should do what he always does and I think Fleener is a good backup playing with Andrew Luck. Just tried to draft players on high scoring teams with good quarterbacks.

Kickers - Walsh and Barth and decent kickers on teams that will move the ball but not score alot of touchdowns.

DEF - Did not draft a defense early and got stuck taking what was left over. Hopefully I'll get lucky and Miami or Minnesota will be the Chiefs of last year.

QB - Matthew Stafford - Det - 4.13

QB - Joe Flacco - Bal - 8.13

RB - Zac Stacey - Stl - 3.04

RB - Rashad Jennings - NYG - 5.04

RB - Shonn Greene - Ten - 9.04

RB - Donald Brown - SD - 11.04

RB - Ka'Deem Carey - RK - 14.13

RB - Andre Brown - Hou - 17.04

WR - Jordy Nelson - GB - 2.13

WR - Emmanual Sanders - Den - 6.13

WR - Riley Cooper - PHI - 7.04

WR - Brandon Lafell - NE - 12.13

WR - Brandin Cooks - RK - 13.04

WR - Ace Sanders - Jax - 19.04

TE - Jimmy Graham - NO - 1.04

TE - Coby Fleener - Ind - 10.13

DEF - Dolphins - 16.13

DEF - Vikings - 18.13

K - Blair Walsh - Min - 15.04

K - Connor Barth - TB - 20.13
As with a lot of teams drafting this early, you're banking on lot of "assumptions"...Stacy, Jennings, Cooper to perform like last year. Sanders and LaFell to step in and assume production. And I believe most will. I think your team is like mine. Steady across the board but no position jumps out at you. Don't know exactly what that means but we'll hope for the best. I like my team so I like yours also. But I don't love the Shonn Greene pick...probably would have been fine w/o him and could have used another WR. Would have really liked this team ditching Greene and adding a Stevie Johnson, James Jones, or Hartline. I wanted to pair LaFell with Dobson but you nixed that plan and then later on stole Andre Brown from me.

QB: Nick Foles (7), Colin Kaepernick (8)
RB: Marshawn Lynch (4), Chris Johnson (11), Darren McFadden (5), Jackie Battle (6), Daryl Richardson (4)
WR: Julian Edelman (10), Reuben Randle (8), Steve Johnson (9), Greg Jennings (10), Rod Streater (5), Kenny Britt (9), Andre Roberts (10), Jason Avant (12)
TE: Jordan Cameron (4)
DEF: Dallas (11), Falcons (9)
PK: Mason Crosby (9), Jay Feely (4)

Not thrilled at all, feel like I punted my first pick in retrospect. QB's and the 'lots of WR' plan worked out really nicely. I don't mind going one stud TE in this format although with the Cameron pick over a known TE quantity I'm rolling the dice. Considering I had no TE and managed to stick around until week 9 last year I feel a little better about it.

My running backs are bad in the sense that I'm not going to get millions of points from them week in and week out. Between CJ, McFadden and Richardson I feel I'll get RB2 points every week though. You don't really need an RB2 in this format if you just ductape enough mediocre RB's together.
My WR plan is the same as always, draft at least 8 and consider a 9th if we skimp on TE or PK. Injuries or simple 'SOMEONE has to catch the ball on X team' almost always make a bunch of WR's in the 40-75 range valuable at least for burst scoring. With at least eight you increase your chances of hitting at least one relevant WR. Like I would feel awful starting Stevie, Jennings, Britt and Streater in a normal format, but in best ball I fully expect one of these guys to produce consistent points. After that it's just a matter if someone goes off on a given week. Andre Roberts is one of my favorite picks here and I wouldn't be shocked if he scored the 2nd or 3rd most points from this group.

I got lucky on the byes and after that I made sure not to cross too many with each other, wouldn't be shocked if I have the best spread over any team here. If I survive week four then I have no real bye issues.

Average team with great QB scoring and excellent bye weeks.
QBs are great - will compete for best in the league. Drafted 5 RBs but only 3 will play (only 2 when McF gets hurt). Don't understand the Battle pick at all. And why Richardson over Cunningham? I see you've drafted WRs like I usually do. Throw a bunch of crap together and see if 3 stick each week....but it would be better if your WRs had better QBs throwing to them. You don't so you may struggle. Edelman needs to remain WR1 and I used to like Randle but there seems to be a lot of chatter that he's not the answer. You should have backed up Cameron. Dude disappeared 2nd half last year and lost his coach. Maybe better QB play helps him but you needed to have another option here. Prediction - 1st half exit for this team.

4.04 renesauz Cam Newton, QB4, CAR (12)

7.13 renesauz Alex Smith, QB20, KC (6)

Newton is one of the picks I most regret in this draft. Love him as a fantasy QB1, but not as excited about him this year as I am longer term- just doesn't have enough reliable weapons in Carolina right now. Should have gone with Luck or Foles, who both went shortly after this. Love Smith at QB2 though- undervalued as usual. Between the two of them, I think I should be top 6 or 7 in QB scoring.

1.13 renesauz Doug Martin, RB8, TB (7)

6.04 renesauz Knowshon Moreno, RB29, MIA (5)

9.13 renesauz David Wilson, RB41, NYG (8)

12.04 renesauz Bishop Sankey, RB53, ??

18.04 renesauz Joseph Randle, RB69, DAL (11)

Obviously, I'm expecting a nice bounce back for Martin, and I'm also expecting Moreno to run away with the bulk of the work in Miami- hopefully the O-line play there improves a little. Wilson felt like a great gamble in the 9th, but in hindsight was probabl not a smart gamble given my choices at RB1 and RB2. This position is just chock full of risk for me. Sankey doesn't help mitigiate that much unless he lands in an ideal spot with a chance to steal a starting job. Randle might be the best value pick of the bunch.

2.04 renesauz Randall Cobb, WR7, GB (9)

3.13 renesauz Percy Harvin, WR20, SEA (4)

8.04 renesauz DeAndre Hopkins, WR44, HOU (10)

10.04 renesauz Robert Woods, WR56, BUF (9)

17.13 renesauz Vincent Brown, WR84, SD (10)

19.13 renesauz Mohammed Sanu, WR96, CIN (4)

Compared to my RBs, I think my WRs are a home run. There's some risk with Harvin, but he's a guy who has top 5 or 6 upside I got at a WR20 price-tag. Hopkins at 44 and Woods at 56 both felt like steals to me- I expect both of these guys to easily out-produce those draft positions. Same with Sanu, although his hold on a starting spot is not as secure, but in the 19th????

5.13 renesauz Zack Ertz, TE11, PHI (7)

16.04 renesauz Scott Chandler, TE29, BUF (9)

Had Ertz in mind the whole time, and was more than happy to grab him in the 5th. I'm expecting a top 5 or 6 TE from him, but even if I don't get that, I'd bet a paycheck he'll out-produce TE11 if healthy. Chandler is under-appreciated in fantasy and more than adequate at backup.

11.13 renesauz BENGALS DST4 (4)

14.04 renesauz PACKERS DST20 (9)

20.04 renesauz REDSKINS DST32 (10)

13.13 renesauz Matt Prater, PK2, DEN (4)

15.13 renesauz Sebastian Janikowski, PK19, OAK (5)

Meh- who cares. I don't normally take a third defense but in these early drafts when their was still one on the board in round 20, why not? If there hadn't been, I was eyeing another RB.

Overall, I think I messed this one up- just too many risks in the top ten picks. This team seems destined for either a very early exit, or a dominant team if I happen to hit on most of them. Middle of the road seems unlikely

Round 6 picks of Dwayne Allen, Justin Blackmon and Marvin Jones all seem way too early.
Allen and Jones - YES

Blackmon - NO - I would have taken him with my next pick if he wasn't snagged. A lot of risk involved, but high reward if he stays clean. Big if, I understand, but I wouldn't mind having him as my #3 or #4 WR.
Don't understand it. Dude was suspended for 4 games last year. Now it's indefinite. Nobody knows if/when he's going to be reinstated. No way he's back for the 1st game. IMO the earliest would be a year suspension making him eligible for Week 9. Wasting a 6th rounder for someone with a probably best case scenario is half a season is absurd.
Looks like even the Jags are thinking like you... :(

Don't expect Blackmon back in 2014

Rivers 10 / McCown 7

Bernard 4 / Vereen 10 / Joique Bell 9 / devonta freeman ? / Storm Johnson ?

DThomas 4 / Shorts 11 / Boldin 8 / James Jones 5 / HDouglas 9 / LMoore 12 / Latimer ?

Witten 11 / Griffin 10

Chiefs 6 / Jets 11

Tucker 11 / Sturgis 5

Some landmines hopefully averted. Sketchy choices there at the 3/4 turn.
Updated. Hated passing on a particular WR here and flirted with waiting till 7.16 for QB1 but didn't have the stones. Still PPR gold at RB here. Gotta get to work on WR now.
Wound up traveling for work the last 4 rounds and mailed it in. Pretty happy overall. Anxious for next weekend to see where the late round darts land.

QB: C. Palmer, J. Locker, Matt Cassel
RB: M. Forte, A. Morris, R. Rice, Isiah Crowell, J. Todman

WR: A. Brown, M. Jones, J. Boykin, M. Wheaton, J Kearse
TE: J. Reed, T. Wright, J. Fauria
K: S. Gostkowski, R. Gould
DST: SF, CAR

Not liking this team, particularly at QB; would have like them a little more with Henne instead of Cassel

Like the RBs, their thin, but I'm hoping to get something out of the backups in the 2nd half

Like the WRs, but not a lot of depth (price I had to pay for not getting 2 solid QBs)

TE is ok, but wish I had taken Henne or even Dunbar instead of Fauria

K and D are solid

Overall, I feel like I was chasing more than I would have liked and did I mention my QBs are putrid. Will need a lot of things to go right to hang around very long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rene,

Was going to blast you for the Newton pick at 4.04, thinking you should have gone RB, but the truth is, the only two RBs to go that round were Richardson (me) and Rice, I am not sure either would have helped you greatly there. I don't believe in Richardson (I believe in the fact that management needs to justify that trade and will run the wheels off of him), but I think your RBs will end up being your achilles heel.

Post Round 1 of the NFL Draft update:

Team BusMan.

The Draft

20.03 - QB Teddy Bridgewater, Minnesota Vikings, 10
The Depth Chart

Bye Weeks

Week 4 - six

Week 5 - zero

Week 6 - three

Week 7 - zero
Week 8 - one

Week 10 - three

Week 11 - one

Week 12 - one

Unknown - one

No obvious positional issues with bye week, although Weeks 4 and 9 will be tricky, with half my squad owning one of those two off weeks.

Thoughts

Maybe could've used another RB instead of a third QB or TE, but I didn't see any I like. I'm counting on Falcons with question marks in a big way: Julio to move past his foot issues and put together a high end WR1 season, and Steven Jackson to stay away from the RB cliff (that he might've already gone over).

Hoyer's playing time is a concern, but I like his chances to win the job outright and force the Browns to put any rookie QB on the bench for most, if not all, of the season. Cutler has to stay clean, too. Bridgewater's pre-draft fall down the "experts" boards is baffling and makes me think that everyone, everywhere, is stupid, all the time. Bridgwater to Minnesota balances out Hoyer likely losing his job to Manziel sooner than later.

I like my WRs but probably should've put another one on the roster. The big bye weeks of 4 and 9 will be tester with only four of my wideouts lining up on each of those weeks.

Overall, this is one of my best ever survivor league drafts. I've been participating in these for years and have never even come close to sniffing a win. On May 1, this seems like my best chance ever.

Now let's go get some inauspicious draft results and devastating preseason injuries!

Post Round 3 Update. Team is set, for now.

Team BusMan.

The Draft

19.14 - TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 7

The Depth Chart

19.14 - TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 7

Bye Weeks

Week 4 - six

Week 5 - zero

Week 6 - three

Week 7 - one
Week 8 - one

Week 10 - three

Week 11 - one

Week 12 - one

Thoughts

Hoyer's playing time is a concern, but I like his chances to win the job outright and force the Browns to put any rookie QB on the bench for most, if not all, of the season. Cutler has to stay clean, too. Bridgewater's pre-draft fall down the "experts" boards is baffling and makes me think that everyone, everywhere, is stupid, all the time. Bridgwater to Minnesota balances out Hoyer likely losing his job to Manziel sooner than later.

Users who are viewing this thread