What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Allen Robinson, Free Agent (4 Viewers)

I know he wants to be paid but he currently is the 12th highest paid WR in football and that is arguably about where he deserves to be paid IMHO possibly a few spots higher off the top of my head without looking at a list of the NFL's top WRs. They should have extended him in the offseason but we don't know what his demands were. The Bears have extended some of their better players like Eddie Jackson, Hicks, and Goldman (sitting out this season).  If this is about him wanting to get away from the Bears QB situation than I can't say I blame him. 

I know he wants to be paid but he currently is the 12th highest paid WR in football and that is arguably about where he deserves to be paid IMHO possibly a few spots higher off the top of my head without looking at a list of the NFL's top WRs.
I thought he was up there. If that's true, then he's being paid commensurate with his services. What he really wants is the guaranteed money so that if he gets hurt this year, he gets his cash. Perhaps the team is looking at it as a prove-it deal when he wants that guarantee that comes with an extension or even a trade-and-sign deal.

I had him traded away in principal, on a handshake deal. This hit & the other dude declined the offer that *he asked me to put up”. 

I’m a little irritated by that. 
Saturday i had an offer straight up for golladay. but i was optimistic about AROB's outlook and especially his playoff schedule... oh well.

in your case i dont blame the guy for getting cold feet, material change to situation.

hopefully it gets worked out w/an extension soon. they need to sign him and i dont quite get a guy like ryan pace (who could easily be fired at the end of the year if the team stinks) wouldnt be willing to give future ryan pace cap problems to win now

Speaking Wednesday, Allen Robinson said he is putting yesterday "behind me" and is ready to move forward with the Bears.

Robinson admitted there was "some emotion" involved Tuesday when he wiped all Bears-related items from his social media accounts. He said he spoke with GM Ryan Pace and coach Matt Nagy and will continue to focus on playing for Chicago. Asked whether he requested a trade, Robinson denied to give a straight answer. He likely did but didn't like what he heard from the team. He's really not in the driver's seat here now that the season has started. In the final year of his deal, there are a number of ways this could go for the star wideout. He either plays out the final year of his deal and hits the open market next spring, gets traded this season, gets franchise-tagged next year, or signs an extension. A trade seems super unlikely.

SOURCE: Jason Lieser on Twitter

Sep 16, 2020, 1:13 PM ET

I usually love it when guys are playing for their next big contract, but I am a little worried about this one.  Hopefully he tries to prove his worth instead of coming down with "migraines" until the end of the year. 

rockaction said:
I thought he was up there. If that's true, then he's being paid commensurate with his services. What he really wants is the guaranteed money so that if he gets hurt this year, he gets his cash. Perhaps the team is looking at it as a prove-it deal when he wants that guarantee that comes with an extension or even a trade-and-sign deal.
He has proven his worth.  He is an exceptional WR with terrible QB play (some of which can destroy his career with hospital balls over the middle).  He has proven his ability over the last couple years and deserves to get paid.  Unfortunately, the Bears need to spend their money elsewhere since their QB play is the limiting factor for their WR's.  Why spend the money for top notch filet mignon when you are getting a 5 yr old palette of QB play?

Last edited by a moderator:
He has proven his worth. 
That doesn't mean that he wasn't signing a prove-it deal coming off of injury. He signed for two years when he should have gotten a lot more. The nature of the deal was that. You're quibbling about what oughta be; I'm just saying what is. 

That doesn't mean that he wasn't signing a prove-it deal coming off of injury. He signed for two years when he should have gotten a lot more. The nature of the deal was that. You're quibbling about what oughta be; I'm just saying what is. 
I misunderstood.  I thought you were talking about his next deal being a prove it deal, not the one he is currently on.  Completely agree he signed a prove it deal coming off injury and now that deal is up and he wants to extend since he has proven it the last two years.  

I misunderstood.  I thought you were talking about his next deal being a prove it deal, not the one he is currently on.  Completely agree he signed a prove it deal coming off injury and now that deal is up and he wants to extend since he has proven it the last two years.  
Ah, I see. No sweat. Even then, I thought you might argue that his "prove-it" deal put him in the upper echelon of paid receivers. But he should have gotten more guaranteed and for longer. I'm personally interested in a healthy, happy Allen Robinson though maybe if he's disgruntled I can get him for cheaper in dynasty. Going to Wash or NE would put a serious dent in his value, I'm afraid.  And going to Wash would put an uber dunt in T1 Terry's value, who I also have in dynasty and traded Drake to get. 

He turned 27 late last month and is thus still in his prime years. The Lions' Kenny Golladay, who's in the final year of his rookie contract and looking for his own big extension, turns 26 in November. Robinson is just slightly more than two months older than Golladay, 
Yes, 14-15 months is slightly more than 2 months :loco:  (I agree he's still in his prime years, but the math here DOES NOT check out)

Yes, 14-15 months is slightly more than 2 months :loco:  (I agree he's still in his prime years, but the math here DOES NOT check out)
The article is wrong in saying that Kenny Golladay turned 26 in November. He actually turns 27 in November. So they are actually only a couple months apart

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports the Bears have resumed contract talks with Allen Robinson.

Robinson broke off talks with the team earlier this week. There’s still a “significant gap” between the sides, but there's hope something can get done. Robinson getting extended before Week 2 is a longshot.

SOURCE: NFL Network

Sep 19, 2020, 11:52 AM ET

Allen Robinson caught just 3-of-9 targets for 33 yards in the Bears' Week 2 win over the Bears.

The Bears won again, but Robinson can't be happy with his personal numbers through two weeks. He has just 107 scoreless yards to show for 18 targets. Its obviously not his fault, but it's got to be frustrating. Robinson gets a much better Week 3 draw with the horrible Falcons' defense. Robinson has to be fired up as an upside WR2 in that spot.

- Rotoworld

Allen Robinson caught 10-of-13 targets for 123 yards and a touchdown in the Bears' Week 3 win over the Falcons.

It is easily Robinson's best effort through three games. His day was highlighted by a sensational individual effort, as Robinson turned a 10-yard pass for a 37-yard score, twisting away from closing defenders. In fact, Robinson nearly had a second touchdown but it was ripped away in the endzone by a Falcons' defensive back for an interception. It's fair to believe that Nick Foles lifts the ceiling of Robinson's fantasy potential. He's a top-24 option against the Colts in Week 4.

Sep 27, 2020, 4:53 PM ET

PREVIOUSNEXT

Allen Robinson caught 7-of-10 targets for 101 yards and one touchdown in the Bears' Week 4 loss to the Colts.

With 1:35 left and down 19-3, Robinson went over the top of CB Isaiah Rodgers for a garbage-time 16-yard score. He had been stuck on 3-32-0 for much of the second half before Nick Foles started peppering his No. 1 wideout with "comeback mode" targets. Whatever works. Robinson now has back-to-back 100-yard, one-touchdown games with Foles under center. It's not always pretty, but Robinson gets the job done. He has a tough Week 5 date with the Bucs' top-end defense but will remain a steady WR2.

Allen Robinson caught 10-of-16 targets for 90 yards in the Bears' Week 5 win over the Bucs. 

Doing relentless battle with Carlton Davis as Nick Foles was harassed by the Bucs' front seven, Robinson did well to escape with the numbers he did even if his yards per catch left something to be desired. Missed for a wide-open catch early by Foles, Robinson inadvertently returned the favor when he turned what probably should have been a catch into a 34-yard Davis interception. In yet another turn of fate, Robinson then turned a fourth quarter Foles underthrow into a dreadful 19-yard DPI on Davis. The 3rd-and-2 call changed the game. Robinson should find smoother sailing for Week 6 against the Panthers, though Matt Rhule's defense has overachieved through four contests.

- Rotoworld

after the game being interviewed by mike irvin when asked about foles AR said basically that foles knows the offense better, makes better checks at the line, and is a gun slinger who will take chances (note the multiple back shoulder throws to AR.... i give foles the benefit of the doubt on back shoulder throws because he was so terribly inaccurate for much of the game). like last year, his massive target share will make up for the poor quality of targets

Allen Robinson caught all four of his targets for 70 yards in the Bears' Week 7 loss to the Rams.

Robinson's 42-yard grab deep down the middle accounted for most of his production and was the Bears' first pass play of 40-plus yards this season. Later on in the fourth quarter, Robinson had to leave the field after having his head driven into the turf face-first. He never returned and will need to be monitored on a short week ahead of a Week 8 home date with the Saints. Robinson will be a WR2/3 for that one if he's healthy.

Oct 26, 2020, 11:41 PM ET

Has anyone heard anything about Robinson? Is he in the concussion protocol?
Yes, but based on what I saw in the game I think he’ll clear - he looked pissed that they kept him out, and didn’t seem woozy or anything. 

This is pure speculation of course, and brain injuries, if he has one, can be tricky - he could feel ok then wake up the next day feeling not ok. So I’m not trying to be dismissive of the possibility that he’s concussed.

just sayin from what I saw, I’d be a little surprised if he doesn’t clear the protocol & play this week.  He didn’t get up with the “I am Batman” routine. Remember that commercial, back when people thought concussions were hilarious? Man times have changed. 

Yes, but based on what I saw in the game I think he’ll clear - he looked pissed that they kept him out, and didn’t seem woozy or anything. 

This is pure speculation of course, and brain injuries, if he has one, can be tricky - he could feel ok then wake up the next day feeling not ok. So I’m not trying to be dismissive of the possibility that he’s concussed.

just sayin from what I saw, I’d be a little surprised if he doesn’t clear the protocol & play this week.  He didn’t get up with the “I am Batman” routine. Remember that commercial, back when people thought concussions were hilarious? Man times have changed. 
I have to disagree.  While he wanted to stay in the game his body was betraying him.  I think it was clear that he was woozy. 

But I do agree he will probably clear because he wants to play so badly.  Playing for a contract he'll probably be willing to hide his symptoms,  much to his own detriment.  I just hope it doesn't work against him.  If he gets another one while not completely recovered it will be much worse for his career. 

Allen Robinson (concussion) was held out of Thursday's practice. 

Robinson is now looking extremely unlikely to suit up for what's a short week for the Bears. It won't be impossible, but fantasy managers need to begin making other plans. Despite Nick Foles' near total inability to hit Darnell Mooney deep, Mooney becomes an extremely interesting DFS punt play if Robinson can't go. 

RELATED: 

Darnell Mooney

Oct 29, 2020, 5:21 PM ET

Allen Robinson (concussion) is questionable for Week 8 against the Saints.

Robinson isn't expected to play after failing to do any amount of work while in the league's protocol throughout the week. Darnell Mooney and Anthony Miller will step up as WR3/4 options against New Orleans, but the Saints' defense is the better pivot for those streaming defenses in this spot. It would not be shocking to see Nick Foles benched in-game with another horrific performance.

SOURCE: Jason Lieser on Twitter

Oct 30, 2020, 2:25 PM ET

Bears WR Allen Robinson (concussion) is doubtful to play Week 8 against the Saints. 

Robinson has been in the NFL's concussion protocol and missed practice all week. The Chicago Tribune's Bead Briggs said "NFL rules mandate a player has to be at least limited in 1 practice during the week to be classified as questionable," adding Robinson has an outside shot to play if he clears the protocol before kickoff Sunday. Darnell Mooney looks like a better fantasy option than Anthony Miller if Robinson sits against the Saints. Mooney since Week 4 has a 16 percent target share -- second on the team behind Robinson. 

RELATED: 

Darnell Mooney

, Anthony Miller

SOURCE: Kevin Fishbain on Twitter

Oct 30, 2020, 3:58 PM ET

Per Rapoport 15 minutes ago on Twitter:

Good news for the #Bears: WR Allen Robinson cleared concussion protocol and is expected to play tomorrow vs. the #Saints. He was listed as doubtful and hadn’t practiced.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1322579749936517121?s=19

Schefter tweeted it as well

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1322579522399674368?s=19
Nice thing about concussion protocol is once cleared, it's full go. Not like other injuries for risk of a snap count, etc... 

Users who are viewing this thread