What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Demaryius Thomas (1 Viewer)

Even if he does play, how effective will he be I wonder.
Probably better than the WR4 or WR5 that you'd sub in.

I'd much rather get another disappointing 8 points from him than have him go off on my bench.  Will be starting barring any late information that he won't be active.

My alternative is SD's Williams, who is highly unknown at this point. I'll take DT if he's active

Last edited by a moderator:
Fwiw, I'm rolling with Abdullah in the flex (Hopkins and Baldwin at we) over dem Thomas instead of waiting. 

.5 ppr. Had I waited my only other options were dorsett and Julius Thomas. 

I'm not risking it today. I have depth, so I will use it.  I hate missing this matchup, but him leaving early with the injury flares up would drive me nuts. 

Love the matchup but at this point I think he has a low ceiling with Semen throwing him the balls until he proves otherwise. I could still put him in over Baldwin or Jordy  before the late games but swapped him out for Maclin a bit ago.

He's getting targets and he's still difficult to cover. He looked fine all game, though he looked llke he came out for the play following a few plays he had. IIRC, he picked up much of his yardage on a screen that he wound up taking for like 30. If they ever go deep, I am guessing he'd be the target, but I don't get the feeling they're stretching the field a lot... yet. Not sure if that helps.

I still like DT as a low end WR1 this year.  

Don't like the matchup this week vs CIN who has shut down Brandon Marshall, Decker, and AB the first 2 weeks.  Will likely sit him for dice rolls this week but again, I do like him going forward.

Demaryius Thomas (hip) remained limited at Thursday's practice.

Thomas tweaked his hip in Week 4 but was able to play through the injury. We imagine he'll do the same in Week 5. Demaryius should have a field day against Atlanta on Sunday. Consider him a borderline WR1 in that matchup.

Source: Andrew Mason on Twitter

Demaryius Thomas caught 5-of-10 targets for 35 yards in the Broncos' Week 6 loss to the Chargers, also losing a fumble.
Thomas' fumble came with the Broncos losing 21-10 with 3:43 remaining in the fourth quarter, ending any realistic chance they had at a comeback. This being the Chargers, Denver still almost tied it, but Thomas' gaffe made it much harder than it should have been. Thomas nearly had a score earlier in the half, but the Chargers called a timeout before he caught a fade near the out-of-bounds line. Thomas is settling in as a mid-range WR2 in the Broncos' subdued offense. The Texans are a tough Week 7 matchup.

Oct 14 - 12:16 AM

Coach Vance Joseph challenged Demaryius Thomas on Tuesday, saying he wants him "to be a dominant player all the time" and "become a leader."

"I don’t want him to ease into games," Joseph continued. "I want him to be a guy. I want him to step out and be a guy. It's time. He can take over a game, but I want his mindset every game to be every game we play to walk on the field and take over the game." By no means did Thomas have a bad 2016, but his catches (90), yards (1,083), and touchdowns (5) were all five-year lows. Playing with Trevor Siemian instead of Peyton Manning obviously was the main reason, but Thomas does seem to play a bit passive at times. He had just two 100-yard games but was top-10 in targets.

Source: 9 News Denver 
Mar 29 - 9:39 AM

Demaryius Thomas hopes to increase his yards after the catch in 2017.
Per Pro Football Focus, Thomas had 330 yards after the catch last season, good for just 25th in the league. Thomas had 492 in 2015 (sixth), and 668 in 2014 (second). With the return of OC Mike McCoy, Thomas is banking on an increase in receiver screens. "That was kind of one of my first thoughts — the screen passes," Thomas said. "The years we played together with Mike were some of my best years. I look forward to it this year as well." Thomas dealt with a hip issue in 2016. He's posted five straight 1,000-yard seasons.

Source: NBC Denver 
Apr 11 - 6:26 PM

Demaryius Thomas says he feels the best he's felt since coming into the NFL.

"This is the best I've felt in my whole career," was Thomas' exact quote. Thomas dealt with a hip issue for all of 2016, getting hurt on literally the first play of the year. Headed into his age-30 season, Thomas is gunning for his sixth-straight 1,000-yard campaign.

Source: Nicki Jhabvala on Twitter 
May 25 - 3:26 PM

Demaryius Thomas (groin) was held out of Monday's practice.

Thomas' removal from Saturday's preseason game was "precautionary," but enough to hold him out of practice two days later. Thomas could sit the entire week before returning near full strength for Week 1. Teams are not going to take any chances the final week of the summer.

Source: Mike Klis on Twitter 

Aug 28 - 1:24 PM

Got DT in the third and have no idea what to expect from him. The run on recievers in my draft was real though and I had to feel like I had a #1. 

Demaryius Thomas (groin) remained sidelined at Monday's practice.

It's been nine days since Thomas left the Broncos' third preseason game as a "precaution," but his Week 1 status isn't in doubt. The Broncos play in the second game of next Monday's doubleheader. Thomas will have his practice reps rationed before suiting up against the Chargers. Although it's not a major concern, it's hardly an ideal development for a player who got hurt on literally the first snap in 2016.

Source: Nicki Jhabvala on Twitter

Bump. Thomas going to be effective tonight or just a decoy?
He returned to practice Wednesday and from my understanding he's not even on the injury report anymore. 

He's also never been a decoy since the team's passing attack is funneled through him and Sanders. He never saw less than 6 targets last year and saw 10+ almost every week after week 6. 

He's going to be shadowed by Verrett tonight but PFF believes this to be a favorable match-up for him. I'm not familiar with how this match-up has played out in the past and I know Verrett was injured last year.

Here at DT's last 6 games vs. SD..

5/35/0

5/79/0

6/61/0

5/117/1

8/105/0

6/123/1

The first two were with Siemian which is disappointing but I feel like he has a pretty safe PPR floor due to volume.

• Smile
Reactions: -X-
DT is one of those guys that's I've never had the pleasure of owning, but he fell to me in both drafts so I snatched him up.

Look forward to watching him play with a rooting interest.

I'm hopeful to see the recent coach speak that he would be involved in more screens again turn into some major involvement tonight. 

If truly healthy, I think DT could have a monster year.

What the heck is up with DT? Was it a game script thing against the Raiders, or should I be concerned? Thought it was a perfect matchup. Leaning towards the latter right now, but his value is so low I just can't get myself to put him on the block. Feel like an idiot for drafting him. 

What the heck is up with DT? Was it a game script thing against the Raiders, or should I be concerned? Thought it was a perfect matchup. Leaning towards the latter right now, but his value is so low I just can't get myself to put him on the block. Feel like an idiot for drafting him. 
There are a couple of problems

1) Siemian isn't that good.

2) Siemian seems to click better with Sanders

3) DEN has a really good defense so the games will never be a shootout

Yesterday Siemian threw for about 175 yards, spread the ball around with a big play TE to Derby, and DEN ran CJ a lot.  You're going to get games like what DT did yesterday with these conditions.

He's at best a low WR2 going forward, with not much upside.

Haven't paid much attention to DT, but just was offered him for my Kelvin Benjamin.

I should take that, right?

Who's the guy to own in Denver? Thomas or Sanders?  Both look pedestrian right now, but one will need to emerge. I haven't read about any injuries. Any insight from the Denver faithful? 

Demaryius Thomas snagged five-of-eight targets for 44 yards and a touchdown Sunday in the Broncos’ Week 10 loss to the Patriots.

Stephon Gilmore did a good job of containing Thomas, though Demaryius was able to break free for a seven-yard touchdown in the third quarter. Before the touchdown, Thomas extended the drive by reeling in a 17-yard catch, his longest of the day, on a pass that Brock Osweiler lobbed into the air after getting hit. Thomas has followed up a 13-game touchdown drought by scoring in back-to-back weeks. He’ll try to make it three straight next week against Cincinnati.

If DEN plans to start Lynch I'd say shop DT but most trade deadlines have probably passed. The truth is, DT is a legitimate WR1 with Osweiler under center. It was the case in 2015 and it's the case now. Osweiler is trash but for whatever reason he's great for DT. Lynch has to be a huge downgrade.

SameSongNDance said:
If DEN plans to start Lynch I'd say shop DT but most trade deadlines have probably passed. The truth is, DT is a legitimate WR1 with Osweiler under center. It was the case in 2015 and it's the case now. Osweiler is trash but for whatever reason he's great for DT. Lynch has to be a huge downgrade.
This is part of the reason why I traded for Fitz before the trade deadline. Agree his value drops with Lynch. Our deadline is Saturday but I don’t think I can get value for him. So I’m just going to ride the Brocklobster wave until Lynch gets the nod. 

Do we know Lynch is "anti-Thomas" or are we just assuming Lynch is going to suck based on track record?

Do we know Lynch is "anti-Thomas" or are we just assuming Lynch is going to suck based on track record?
Hm, I didn't look far enough into this. It was a mistake for me to assume he was definitely worse..

Here are DT's stats with Lynch last year..

In week 4 of last year he went 3/52/0 on 6 targets after Lynch subbed in for Siemian with 2 minutes left in the 2nd quarter vs. TB.

In week 5 he put up a 5/49/1 line on 7 targets vs. ATL

In week 13 he put up a 6/61/0 line on 10 targets vs. JAC

I still think he's better off with Osweiler but those stats aren't bad.

Im debating dropping this guy.

Cant see myself starting a WR in the playoffs in a situation where 18 targets over 2 games results in 45 yards.

Im debating dropping this guy.

Cant see myself starting a WR in the playoffs in a situation where 18 targets over 2 games results in 45 yards.
I'm with you.  I haven't dropped him yet but I can't envision a scenario where I would be comfortable with starting him the rest of this year.

Users who are viewing this thread