What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Demaryius Thomas (1 Viewer)

I have Hilton.  Been a bust so far.  Benn playing at a WR3 level.  For teams that like to win...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Hilton.  Been a bust so far.  Benn playing at a WR3 level.  For teams that like to win...
[tangent]

Here are Hilton's weekly scores in PPR:

last week was bust-y for sure  ;)  but every other week has been solid, and his two goose-egg weeks he was hurt, so I started someone else, of course. He hasn’t really lost me any games and has been a solid WR2 from where I drated him in the early 5th round in my dynasty start up. I wouldn’t call him a "bust" though. 

[/tangent]

[tangent]

Here are Hilton's weekly scores in PPR:

last week was bust-y for sure  ;)  but every other week has been solid, and his two goose-egg weeks he was hurt, so I started someone else, of course. He hasn’t really lost me any games and has been a solid WR2 from where I drated him in the early 5th round in my dynasty start up. I wouldn’t call him a "bust" though. 

[/tangent]
I guess....

I'm feeling like DT's value doesn't move much with this trade. Thoughts?
Agreed.  He has lost a ton of speed and he drops too may balls now.  As a Broncos fan, I will always be grateful for the TD catch against the Steelers and 2012-2015, but I was not sad to see him go. 

Demaryius Thomas caught 4-of-5 targets for 38 yards and two touchdown in the Texans' 34-17, Week 12 win over the Titans on Monday night.

The touchdowns were Thomas' first two with the Texans in his third game with the team. It was a much-needed breakout for the veteran after combining for three catches and 61 scoreless yards on four targets across his first two games. Thomas scored from 12 yards out in the first quarter, beating Adoree Jackson, and added a 10-yard score in the fourth quarter to put the game out of reach. Thomas' volume is still real low, but he'll be a WR3 next week vs. Cleveland.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Demaryius Thomas caught 4-of-5 targets for 38 yards and two touchdown"...on our benches. 

Texans placed Demaryius Thomas (Achilles') on injured reserve.

The injury ends a disappointing season for Thomas, who scuffled through eight games with the Broncos before failing to make a real impact after the Texans traded a fourth-round pick for him at the end of October. He finishes his season with 59 catches for 677 yards and five touchdowns. Already on the decline, this Achilles' injury is a major concern for Thomas' career. Houston will almost certainly cut the 31-year-old this spring.

Source: Houston Chronicle 

Dec 25 - 9:49 AM

Demaryius Thomas (Achilles') said he is "not thinking about retirement."

"My main priority right now is getting back healthy," Thomas said. "I can still play, man. ... I just don't know where it will be." Considering he is 31, coming off a serious injury, and owed $14 million in 2019, it is unlikely Thomas will be back with the Texans unless he is willing to take a significant pay cut. Already on the decline before this injury, Thomas is unlikely to get much guaranteed money if he hits the open market.

Source: Houston Chronicle 

Jan 7 - 9:37 AM

Free agent WR Demaryius Thomas was treated for minor injuries after rolling over his vehicle in Denver early Saturday morning.

Thomas and two others were hospitalized following the accident, which occurred around 12:20 AM local time. A female passenger was treated for "possible" serious injuries, though none were considered life-threatening. The crash is still being investigated, though police don't believe drugs or alcohol were involved. It's been a rough week for Thomas, who was let go by the Texans five days ago. Coming off a torn Achilles, it may be a while before the 31-year-old resurfaces.

SOURCE: USA Today

Feb 17, 2019, 7:48 AM

I'm picking him up if he gets dropped in Dynasty.  This could easily be a Patriots reclimation project if rehab goes well enough.  He's not that old, and his style tends age fairly well.

Hes worth nothing right now, but getting added to a team like the Patriots, Saints or Eagles... 

I'm picking him up if he gets dropped in Dynasty.  This could easily be a Patriots reclimation project if rehab goes well enough.  He's not that old, and his style tends age fairly well.

Hes worth nothing right now, but getting added to a team like the Patriots, Saints or Eagles... 
People would be crazy to drop him. As an Eagles fan I would welcome him with open arms. 

Updating a previous report, Demaryius Thomas was driving 70 MPH in a 30 MPH zone when he crashed, resulting in an arrest for vehicular assault.

The vehicular assault charge is a felony, while the reckless driving and no proof of insurance charges are misdemeanors. After going more than twice the speed limit, Thomas' car hit the median, resulting in the car going airborne. Thomas' passengers were transported to the hospital, but the free agent only had minor injuries. This incident can't be helping his torn Achilles rehab and free agency stock.

SOURCE: CBS Denver

Feb 28, 2019, 8:39 PM

:goodposting:

Under the terms of Thomas' (Achilles) one-year deal with the Patriots, his salary cap hit for 2019 is $2.9 million, WEEI.com reports.

Per the report, the veteran wideout landed a $150,000 signing bonus from the Patriots and is in line to subsequently earn a $150,000 reporting bonus and $1.2 million base salary. Additionally, Thomas can collect $1.4 million in per-game roster bonuses, as well as another $750,000 for 60 catches, $750,000 for 800 receiving yards, $750,000 for 1,000 yards and $750,000 for 1,200 yards. Essentially, the 31-year-old is betting on himself and in the process New England is able to take a low-risk flyer on an accomplished pass-catcher who is bouncing back from the second Achilles' injury of his career, which occurred last December. After suffering a torn right Achilles back in February of 2011, Thomas rebounded to play 11 games during the 2011 campaign that followed and then eventually rounded into Pro Bowl form in 2012. 

Phil Perry of NBC Sports Boston left Demaryius Thomas off his Patriots' roster projection.

Perry's projection included six wide receivers: Julian Edelman, N'Keal Harry, Phillip Dorsett, Dontrelle Inman, Braxton Berrios and special teamer Matthew Slater. Notably, Perry also excluded Josh Gordon, who has yet to be reinstated following his latest substance abuse violation. Thomas, a nine-year vet with five 1,000-yard seasons to his credit, appears to be on the back nine of his career and is still recovering from last year's Achilles tear. Even if the 31-year-old manages to survive final cuts, we're not particularly enthused about his fantasy prospects.

SOURCE: NBC Sports Boston

Jun 2, 2019, 9:36 AM ET

I believe the intent was to have Thomas start the year on PUP. At least that’s where most roster projections have him starting the season.

Patriots placed WR Demaryius Thomas on active/PUP.

Thomas can be activated at any time, but he could miss the first six games of the season if his Achilles' injury is still a problem at the end of the preseason. With little guaranteed money on his one-year contract, Thomas could even get cut outright. Even if he makes the active roster, Thomas isn't projected for more than a few targets per game, especially if Josh Gordon comes off suspension.

SOURCE: Field Yates on Twitter

Jul 21, 2019, 4:36 PM ET

Demaryius Thomas (Achilles) has resumed sprinting.

Per reporter Jeff Howe, it's "still a guessing game" as to when Thomas might return. Howe considers Thomas a candidate for reserve/PUP but believes it could depend on how the Patriots' receiver competition shakes out.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Aug 15, 2019, 5:11 PM ET

Thomas seen at practice in pads and was taken off the PUP list. Most expected him to miss the first 6 games on PUP or 8-10 games as an IR designated to return player. The Patriots receiving situation is getting more interesting by the day. Thomas runs the gambit of potentially seeing playing time if he returns healthy and grasps the playbook . . . all the way to being a camp casualty and cut on 8/31 when rosters get set.

Big PRESEASON night for DT...any projections? With Gronk gone, he can play almost a pseudo Gronk position. 
I didn't see the game, but playing that much in the last preseason game against mostly players who will likely be cut in the next few days isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. 

Patriots released WR Demaryius Thomas.

Thomas was activated from the PUP list 11 days ago and absolutely went off in the final preseason game against the Giants' backups, posting a 7-87-2 receiving line. Thomas is coming off yet another Achilles' tear and will turn 32 later this year. Cutting Thomas right now saves the Patriots over $2.7 million against the cap, leaving behind just $150K in dead money. Perhaps the two sides will look to negotiate a new deal, but for now, Jakobi Meyers and N'Keal Harry get bumps, along with Phillip Dorsett, behind Nos. 1 and 2 receivers Josh Gordon and Julian Edelman.

RELATED: 

New England Patriots

Aug 31, 2019, 5:05 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread