What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Demaryius Thomas (5 Viewers)

He isn't even active. He is 3rd string now.
Isn't Lynch dealing with a HAS?

I think it's a long shot that Osweiler sees the field again as it would take a Siemian injury but I think he'd probably get the nod over Lynch at this point. Maybe not though.

I never thought I would be in a situation where I needed Brock ####### Osweiler to start for my WR to have any fantasy value. What a joke.

Whose starting him tonight @ IND?

IND's secondary has been decimated by injuries. Their top three CBs will not be playing tonight (Melvin hand, Hairston concussion, Desir IR). I believe they're relying on two rookies (Wilson and Moore) and someone named Chris Milton.

Wilson has shown promise (2nd round rookie), he did a good job on Benjamin last week in his 2nd start. And DT will likely find himself in his coverage roughly 50% of the time but the fact remains this is an extremely inexperienced and ultimately exploitable secondary. 

I also do like to look at past data..

Vs. IND in week 5 of last year, with Siemian under center, DT was targeted 7 times and put up a 5/90/0 line.

DT has averaged a 4/62.6/.2 line in 5 games vs. IND

DT has averaged a 5.1/78.8/.25 line in 8 games on Thursday night.

DT has averaged a 7.2/100.8/1 line in 5 games in a dome.

That dome stat is interesting, how has he only played 5 games in a dome with 114 career starts?

I still hate Siemian because he's liable to implode in any given week but there's a lot to like about DT's match-up this week. He's getting guaranteed targets (has had less than 8 targets only twice this year) and has a plus match-up.

Whose starting him tonight @ IND?

IND's secondary has been decimated by injuries. Their top three CBs will not be playing tonight (Melvin hand, Hairston concussion, Desir IR). I believe they're relying on two rookies (Wilson and Moore) and someone named Chris Milton.

Wilson has shown promise (2nd round rookie), he did a good job on Benjamin last week in his 2nd start. And DT will likely find himself in his coverage roughly 50% of the time but the fact remains this is an extremely inexperienced and ultimately exploitable secondary. 

I also do like to look at past data..

Vs. IND in week 5 of last year, with Siemian under center, DT was targeted 7 times and put up a 5/90/0 line.

DT has averaged a 4/62.6/.2 line in 5 games vs. IND

DT has averaged a 5.1/78.8/.25 line in 8 games on Thursday night.

DT has averaged a 7.2/100.8/1 line in 5 games in a dome.

That dome stat is interesting, how has he only played 5 games in a dome with 114 career starts?

I still hate Siemian because he's liable to implode in any given week but there's a lot to like about DT's match-up this week. He's getting guaranteed targets (has had less than 8 targets only twice this year) and has a plus match-up.
Never post over here in these, but it's funny I was just looking for some ideas on him.

In my PPR I have him, Kupp, Tyreek, Josh Gordon and Goodwin and have to start 3.  My intent all week was to start Tyreek, Gordon and Kupp/Goodwin.  I'm having a hard time trusting Demaryius at all.

he did a good job on Benjamin last week in his 2nd start.
I don't think there will be a blizzard in the dome tonight :D  

The targets for Thomas are awesome but he had 8 targets 5 receptions and 18 yards against OAK (how is that even possible), then followed that up with 10 targets, 2 receptions for 27 yards against MIA (20% of the targets turned into receptions :lol:  ).

But I'm starting him tonight.  The Colts have the 2nd fewest sacks in the league this year meaning (at least theoretically) Siemian shouldn't be under constant pressure tonight allowing him to function at his best - at least that's what I'm telling myself.

I don't think there will be a blizzard in the dome tonight :D  

The targets for Thomas are awesome but he had 8 targets 5 receptions and 18 yards against OAK (how is that even possible), then followed that up with 10 targets, 2 receptions for 27 yards against MIA (20% of the targets turned into receptions :lol: ).

But I'm starting him tonight. The Colts have the 2nd fewest sacks in the league this year meaning (at least theoretically) Siemian shouldn't be under constant pressure tonight allowing him to function at his best - at least that's what I'm telling myself.
Yeah even IND homers aren't putting too much stock into his performance vs. Benjamin in the snow. Benjmain did do most of his work vs. Moore though who looks to truly be terrible.

As for those previous two games, yeah that's the floor. However, DT hasn't done much of anything vs. OAK in recent years. And this year he was particularly bad as he put up a 6/29/0 stat line on 13 targets in 2 games. Sometimes you can chalk that kind of #### up to the fact that they're divisional games, it's possible OAK has become intimately familiar with DT and has his number. It's also possible that he has lost a step or possible probable that Siemian is that bad. It's likely some combination of all three.

MIA is easier to excuse though. The way in which Howard smothered Cooks last week is exactly how he played vs. DT. The dude has been playing out of his mind.

My logic here is simply that IND's secondary is so bad and DT is going to gifted so many targets that he's hard to sit. I'm convinced that if DT was replaced with a mailbox that mailbox would finish with a 5/50/0 line. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now have him in as either WR2 or flex with Jordy and Collins as the other two choices.  PPR is what leads me away from Collins, but he has looked so damn good, it has me questioning my judgement.

Starting DT over Robbie Anderson...but not confident about it at all. Petty was the QB throwing to Anderson when he started putting up numbers if I recall, so even with McCown done I'm having a hard time benching Anderson.

Starting DT in another league also where I don't really have good alternatives.

Yeah, he ended up with 9.4 in half-point formats. That certainly doesn’t kill you, and DT has been just a floor play for the past two years. I’d say that this week, he did his job.

Fool me twice, shame on me. 

I never learn with the Broncos offense.  :wall:
I mean, he didn't score.  He didn't have a terrible game.  Had a ton of targets, Brock makes two big plays and he basically sits the 4th quarter.  I guess you can complain about the outcome, but the process was reasonable.

I mean, he didn't score.  He didn't have a terrible game.  Had a ton of targets, Brock makes two big plays and he basically sits the 4th quarter.  I guess you can complain about the outcome, but the process was reasonable.
Sure but the problem was that last night's game was a complete tease.  Solid first half and looking forward to even more in the second half only to disappear.  

Interesting.  Curious to see how it works out.  :thumbup:

Tentatively calling it a win over DT's modest outing.
I have zero trust in Thomas. I think the Garoppolo to Goodwin connection is solid and no reason why it won’t continue throughout the fantasy playoffs. Crabtree w/out Cooper & Westbrook are still in consideration. 

Cenobite said:
Sure but the problem was that last night's game was a complete tease.  Solid first half and looking forward to even more in the second half only to disappear.  
Exactly.  Figured 100 yards was a given with his halftime stats.  Did he even have a target the 2nd half?  Was at a Christmas party so didn't watch the game. 

Is there any way he can be started if Lynch is playing QB?  Obviously it depends on your options, but is he a top 30 player with Lynch?

Ned Ryerson said:
Is there any way he can be started if Lynch is playing QB?  Obviously it depends on your options, but is he a top 30 player with Lynch?
In a championship game, start 3 wr, can flex 2 more if you want, i am starting Alshon, Dez, Cupp, Juju and leaving DT on the bench

My choice is DT vs  the Jax WRs 
As someone said above, DT would be a floor play, and I agree. Would depend on the situation youre in and other starters. If you need upside I wouldnt go with DT necessarily.

Dede or Coles floor however may not be a lot worse than DTs. In my espn ppr league he (DT)  is avg 12.2 ppg. I believe only over 100 yds 1x, and like 4 TD.

The jags are playing a bad team, in a game they have to win (if they wanna keep their hopes of a 2 seed alive). JimmyG might be able to put up enough of a fight to keep Jax from being able to script the passing game out in the second half. Also BB has been playing really well the last few weeks.

My choice is DT vs  the Jax WRs 
In a 12 team start 3 WR, I lost Antonio Brown, and DT moves up from my 4th WR to my starting lineup (joining Fitz and Michael Thomas).  My choice is DT and the waiver wire, and it is a tough call.  There's crap available on the WW.

With Chris Hogan on the mend, my WRs have been Demariyus Thomas, Corey Coleman, and Dede Westbook. Just picked up Keelan Cole, but in the BOWL I am gonna roll out DT and DeDe for the win. My rational is DT is Denver's Stud and Washington is not a scary defense. Dede saw more snaps than Cole, so odds are in Dede's favor. 

In a 12 team start 3 WR, I lost Antonio Brown, and DT moves up from my 4th WR to my starting lineup (joining Fitz and Michael Thomas).  My choice is DT and the waiver wire, and it is a tough call.  There's crap available on the WW.
Yeah, that's exactly my situation.  Had been playing Brown, AJG and M. Jones, with 4th and 5th being DT and E. Sanders.  If Sanders doesn't play with aggravated ankle injury I wonder if that raises DT's floor.  My matchup is basically a toss up.

How has DT looked on the field all year?  Are stud-type numbers possible again if one of the better FA QBs goes to Denver?

The Broncos have exercised Demaryius Thomas' $4 million option bonus.

It locks Thomas into $12.5 million between salary and bonuses in 2018. Now on the wrong side of 30, Thomas is coming off his first sub-1,000 yard season since 2011 (Tebow Time). The Broncos seem to be assuming the down year was quarterback related, which is a safe assumption. Case Keenum is hardly a star, but he's a major upgrade on what the Broncos had in 2017, and improves Thomas' fantasy prospects.

Source: Nicki Jhabvala on Twitter 

Mar 13 - 1:34 PM

Keenum made diggs n thelien weekly plays last year with a good run game and solid def.....i,dont see why he cant make dthomas playable
Agreed... I dont see any reason for Keenum on holding back DT (as well as Sanders and any Broncos receivers).  He struck me as competent QB who took advantage of Vikings' offensive players. 

Demaryius Thomas is lining up everywhere at camp, including the slot.

Only 17.9% of Thomas' routes last season came from the slot. Bennie Fowler, Cody Latimer, Emmanuel Sanders, Isaiah McKenzie, and Jordan Taylor all received more opportunity in the middle of the field than Thomas, which should change in 2018. The Broncos would be wise to move him around the field much like Julio Jones, who averaged 23.7% of his routes from the slot last year.

Related: Broncos

Source: Lindsay Jones on Twitter 

put him out to pasture..

old looking 30 yr old who has seen his yards/rec drop each year he's been in the league, his yards/gm have dropped in each season since 2014.his catch rate has dropped each year since 2012 ( except 2016 where it popped up a bit),his rec/gm have dropped in each year since 2014..his targets have dropped in each year since 2014, and his receptions/yr have dropped in each year since 2014.... perhaps the MOST telling stats are the TD #'s which have fallen off the map down from double digits to 6,5,5 in each of the past 3 seasons..whats worse is his longest TD has dropped from a high of 86 yards in 2014 to just 40 last season. he's clearly slowing down and the numbers show it. last season he failed to reach 1000 yards receiving for the first time in his NFL career and that trend is likely to continue..

he hit a high mark in 2014 and has not been the same player since..

not a lot to see here..

put him out to pasture..

old looking 30 yr old who has seen his yards/rec drop each year he's been in the league, his yards/gm have dropped in each season since 2014.his catch rate has dropped each year since 2012 ( except 2016 where it popped up a bit),his rec/gm have dropped in each year since 2014..his targets have dropped in each year since 2014, and his receptions/yr have dropped in each year since 2014.... perhaps the MOST telling stats are the TD #'s which have fallen off the map down from double digits to 6,5,5 in each of the past 3 seasons..whats worse is his longest TD has dropped from a high of 86 yards in 2014 to just 40 last season. he's clearly slowing down and the numbers show it. last season he failed to reach 1000 yards receiving for the first time in his NFL career and that trend is likely to continue..

he hit a high mark in 2014 and has not been the same player since..

not a lot to see here..
It is almost as if Paxton Lynch, Brock Osweiler, and Trevor Semian aren't as good as Peyton Manning.

That or he miraculously began to suck after 2014.

Users who are viewing this thread