What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favorite Dungeons and Dragons modules (1 Viewer)

Does anyone use older rule sets when they play?  Like anyone running good old fashioned AD&D from the early 80's?  That is nostalgia city for me and am considering finding those books if for nothing else, to look through them and let the nerdstalgia soak in.

Just started playing in a campaign that uses the Castles and Crusades rule set and the AD&D Al-Qadim setting.  Tough to deal with, but as long as THAC0 is outta there, I'm not complaining.

I might have discovered a website that has free pdf downloads of basically all of the classic D&D and AD*D manuals and modules if anyone is interested.  :ninja:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0786966750/ref=as_li_ss_tl?creativeASIN=0786966750&imprToken=dx02Vyieiws9JI6EiMSg.Q&slotNum=0&ascsubtag=6d3a47e6bafbace10668187367cb9ff518ffc455&ie=UTF8&language=en_US&linkCode=sl1linkId%3D7521827b7639a44eba3cde7b69c8637a&tag=gizmodoamzn-20

Dungeons & Dragons: Ghosts of Saltmarsh

Following an Amazon leak, Wizards of the Coast announced that the next Dungeons & Dragons publication will be Ghosts of Saltmarsh. It incorporates and updates some classic D&D adventures for fifth edition, including several nautical adventures from Dungeon magazine. This new adventure also features details for the port town of Saltmarsh, as well as cover mechanics for ship-to-ship combat. Ghosts of Saltmarsh is currently available for pre-order on Amazon for $29 (will normally cost $50), and will be released May 21.

Mad Cow said:
I might have discovered a website that has free pdf downloads of basically all of the classic D&D and AD*D manuals and modules if anyone is interested.  :ninja:
The former Soviet state one?

I have sent it to everyone that asked.  I am also going to get some Neverwinter Nights going again, Enhanced version.  If anyone is up for that, we could get a FBG group.

I have sent it to everyone that asked.  I am also going to get some Neverwinter Nights going again, Enhanced version.  If anyone is up for that, we could get a FBG group.
How is that done online?  I am really Jonesing for this, but have limited experience.

How is that done online?  I am really Jonesing for this, but have limited experience.
NWN is a PC game that takes care of the DMing.  Everyone has their characters and runs modules that are either user created or dev developed.  We had a group back in the day.  I remember Zippy was in it, Courtjester I think?

they should let me write these things they would be awesome imagine smashing a ghosts brains in with a sword of destruction while you cruise along in a 75 charger powered by magic and your copilot is the dude who is always in jail from moonshiners named tinkle and he has a magic potion of white lightnin that gives you magic powers of doom that my friends would seem like a dream but it wouldnt be it would just be pretty fricken sweet take that to the bank bromigos 

NWN is a PC game that takes care of the DMing.  Everyone has their characters and runs modules that are either user created or dev developed.  We had a group back in the day.  I remember Zippy was in it, Courtjester I think?
Oh that's right.  I was thinking NWN was a module.   :doh:

Mad Cow said:
PM please

I have sent it to everyone.  On a side note, I have downloaded all almost 900 files after 2 days of doing it between things at work.  Now I want to go through and clean them up.  Quite a few duplicates and the file names could be cleaner and easier to understand.

Enhanced version? I'm not sure if my copy is enhanced, but I did enjoy it.

How does multi-player work?

Would you make the module? Or would a team just play an existing one?

I know that there has been some really great material made, but I never got around to most of it.

Heh. Sorry.

I should have kept reading.

this answers some of my question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enhanced version? I'm not sure if my copy is enhanced, but I did enjoy it.

How does multi-player work?

Would you make the module? Or would a team just play an existing one?

I know that there has been some really great material made, but I never got around to most of it.
Yeah the EE just dropped last year.   Picked it up for 20 bucks on Steam.  Gonna play some MP with friends this weekend. 

Thank you for this.  I'm going to kill a few evenings now. :nerd:
It is not just every edition of D&D, either.  You have Top Secret, Boot Hill and like every single Avalon Hill RPG ever.  It is like washing yourself in waves of nostalgia.

Oh my gosh I have reverted to nerddom.  I just grabbed a set of metal dice in scarlet and gray.  At least I can still make it manly with the Buckeye colors, right? :nerd: :unsure:

Critical Role is in the beginning stages of Kickstarting their DnD animated movie/series. 24 hours in, over 4.5M and fast on its way to being one of the most successful Kickstarters ever. Insane. They started with a goal of $750k for a 22 min special. 

DnD is really back, fellas. Probably needs it's own nerd thread unless this is it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/criticalrole/critical-role-the-legend-of-vox-machina-animated-s/comments
holy crap.  They are about to break $7m when their original goal was $750k.

wow that is incredible!

Do the publishers just not care that this is all out there for free? I know most of it is available on torrents but this is so much easier for people to access.
My biggest thing was just grabbing pdf's of the books I already have.  They charge a ton for those manuals, the least they could do is give a free pdf code. 

https://t.co/WOi19iHTKm?amp=1

https://www.feastoflegends.com/

On Thursday, the fast-food restaurant chain released Feast Of Legends: Rise From the Deep Freeze. This free, 97-page PDF slaps cheeseburgers, fried chicken, Frosty desserts, and French fries onto a Dungeons & Dragons-style adventure that revolves around the years-old Wendy's slogan of "fresh, never frozen" (a phrase that is literally chanted by townspeople in the village of, ahem, Freshtovia).

As a newbie-friendly twist on D&D, Feast of Legends automatically chooses abilities and powers for each of its classes, and it also shrinks D&D's six ability scores down to five. Whether you want to augment your heroes' stats by spending gold on Wendy's themed weapons ("spork") or armor ("red polo, black visor") is up to you.

Second, Feast of Legends includes a particularly robust starting campaign, designed to get players up to a D&D equivalent of level-five experience. Each step of the way includes towns, maps, puzzles, and custom-created monsters. Anybody with reasonable D&D expertise can pick this campaign apart to remove the most egregious fast-food branding should they want to run friends through a silly one-off tabletop campaign, either using these rules or a preferred system (D&D, Pathfinder, etc).

And lastly, the people who made this campaign are clearly having a gas with the ludicrous tie-in branding possibilities. Instead of creating characters based on classes like Fighter, Rogue, and Wizard, players instead select from the following groups: Order of the Beef, Order of the Chicken, and Order of the Sides. Dig deeper into those hierarchies, and you can absolutely make a party where a Frosty ice wizard can grant an automatic buff to the rogue-healer hybrid represented by French fries. Or see as the guide's writers give the common "dual wielding" trait a new name: "Two Beef Patties."

On Thursday, the fast-food restaurant chain released Feast Of Legends: Rise From the Deep Freeze. This free, 97-page PDF slaps cheeseburgers, fried chicken, Frosty desserts, and French fries onto a Dungeons & Dragons-style adventure that revolves around the years-old Wendy's slogan of "fresh, never frozen" (a phrase that is literally chanted by townspeople in the village of, ahem, Freshtovia).

As a newbie-friendly twist on D&D, Feast of Legends automatically chooses abilities and powers for each of its classes, and it also shrinks D&D's six ability scores down to five. Whether you want to augment your heroes' stats by spending gold on Wendy's themed weapons ("spork") or armor ("red polo, black visor") is up to you.

Second, Feast of Legends includes a particularly robust starting campaign, designed to get players up to a D&D equivalent of level-five experience. Each step of the way includes towns, maps, puzzles, and custom-created monsters. Anybody with reasonable D&D expertise can pick this campaign apart to remove the most egregious fast-food branding should they want to run friends through a silly one-off tabletop campaign, either using these rules or a preferred system (D&D, Pathfinder, etc).

And lastly, the people who made this campaign are clearly having a gas with the ludicrous tie-in branding possibilities. Instead of creating characters based on classes like Fighter, Rogue, and Wizard, players instead select from the following groups: Order of the Beef, Order of the Chicken, and Order of the Sides. Dig deeper into those hierarchies, and you can absolutely make a party where a Frosty ice wizard can grant an automatic buff to the rogue-healer hybrid represented by French fries. Or see as the guide's writers give the common "dual wielding" trait a new name: "Two Beef Patties."
Didn't they get some of the Critical Role people in on that?

Sent that to my daughter.  Her reply?  Does that mean Wendy's kids meals have dice in them now?  Time to go to Wendys!!

She has like 8 sets of dice.

Just watched a documentary of D&D artwork on Netflix.  Pretty cool and full of nostalgia artwork.

Users who are viewing this thread