What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brewers Thread - Choo Choo All Aboard the Jackson Chourio Hype Train (2 Viewers)

You think he would have made it to 40/40? Only needed 10 steals. . .
There was some talk locally of 50/40, or 50/30 at worst. He certainly had a shot

Meanwhile Ryan Braun served us all the collective tears of St Louis in a large goblet. That was beautiful

From Haudricort:

#Brewers manager Craig Counsell just "bullpened" his way through 18 games in a row without day off. Team went 15-3 and now controls it's own playoff destiny. Even with expanded rosters, pretty dang impressive group effort. Starter went more than 5 IPs only twice.

That game was a soul crusher . . . but given their injuries if you would have told me on September 1st they'd be playing on October 1st I'd be like Heck yeah.

That game was a soul crusher . . . but given their injuries if you would have told me on September 1st they'd be playing on October 1st I'd be like Heck yeah.
What were they, 5 back from the WC and like 8 back from the division? I hear ya. Moral victories and all.....

But damn, that's an easy ball to play to save 1 maybe 2 runs. Grisham was one of the guys who got us here and will be in the future. Regardless, we haven't had many September/October games of meaningful baseball. I'll take that 

Will look at Cot's in the next few days because I think they may drop some payroll (and some good players like Grandal and Thames)

It's a huge off-season for the Brewers.  Yelich has two more cost-controlled years and 2020 is the end of Braun's extension.  It seems like a good time for Attanasio to open his checkbook to try to maximize the Yelich window but it's not my money.

Grandal is going to opt out and I'd expect Moustakas to test the waters again.  The team holds a $7.5M option on Thames and a much smaller one on Pina; I think they pick up both given the other changes.  There are also a number of non-tender candidates.

Starting pitching is an obvious need but it was last year too.  The productive half seasons from Lyles, Gio and Pomeranz were needed to make the post-season but will make them more expensive going forward.

JS online reporting Moustakas signed with the Reds - $64mil, 4 years.

One of my favorite memories of last season, the Brewers were playing the Pirates and Moustakas hit a long HR off of Pirates reliever Dovydas Neverauskas (yes, I had to look that up).  The announcer call was something like, "Moustakas goes deep off Neverauskas!"  My son and I both broke into fits of laughter.

Avisaíl García, Ryon Healy and Eric Sogard :nerd: aren't exciting signings but they'll fill some holes that needed to be filled.  I just don't see a ton of upside there.

Brett Anderson had a decent year with the Oaklands and was able to stay healthy for a change.  You need to put a good defense behind him to be successful because he doesn't strike anyone out.

...and Justin Smoak.

Stearns has done a good job taking advantage of the depressed market for middle-class position players.  They've cut payroll by over $20M without a significant reduction in expected WAR.  They still need pitching but they've freed up funds to chase some.

If the numbers being reported are accurate, it is a very club friendly deal. A little under $28 million per year is a bargain.

Caught a bit of Uke on the radio on my drive home tonight. So nice to hear his voice again. I drove right past Miller Park but would not have known there was a game going on inside.  

MLB has suspended Cubs reliever Ryan Tepera for 3 games & fined him for intentionally throwing at Brewers pitcher Brandon Woodruff on Tues. Manager David Ross also received 1-game suspension & undisclosed fine for it. Ross will serve his suspension Friday. Tepera has appealed.

Might be time to update the ol thread title huh? Gotta let that #### go

FWIW, I'm happy Grisham is doing well with SD. 

strykerpks said:
Might be time to update the ol thread title huh? Gotta let that #### go

FWIW, I'm happy Grisham is doing well with SD. 

Hey, earlier this spring did anyone tell you Burnes was better than Woodruff?  That'd be wild, if it happened.

Burnes has had one of the best starts to a season ever (maybe the best?).  And the scary thing is it looks completely sustainable.  Talk about a guy with filthy stuff figuring it all out.

Woodruff strikes out 10 and gives up 1 run over 7.2 innings, Williams comes in and gets one hitter out, Hader saves. Woody gets a no-decision and Williams gets the W.

I will miss Am Fam Park at 25% capacity.  As an introvert who generally does not like large crowds but loves attending live sporting events, that was pretty sweet for me. 

Escobar and a couple bullpen guys in Curtiss and Norris.  I like what I'm reading about these guys and expecting a fun run to the finish here.  Knocking on wood, but it seems playoff baseball in Milwaukee is almost a sure thing and they have the pitching to challenge anyone over 7 games.

9.5 up with a month left. Magic number is 21. The big question is if the arms will hold up. I read an article on CBS about the innings on the big 3. They're all approaching career highs at this point. And is Yelich figuring it out?

Man, I wish Bally's would figure it out and allow streaming platforms. I've only been able to watch a handful of national or youtube games this year. 

strykerpks said:
9.5 up with a month left. Magic number is 21. The big question is if the arms will hold up. I read an article on CBS about the innings on the big 3. They're all approaching career highs at this point. And is Yelich figuring it out?

Man, I wish Bally's would figure it out and allow streaming platforms. I've only been able to watch a handful of national or youtube games this year. 

Hopefully the large lead will give them the luxury to let up on the usage of the Big 3 and on Boxberger, Williams and Hader as well.

Just noticed a strange scheduling quirk - Brewers have 3 series (10 games) against the Cards in September, starting tonight. Would love to just bury their season.

Users who are viewing this thread