What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brewers Thread - Choo Choo All Aboard the Jackson Chourio Hype Train (1 Viewer)

I'm OK with 2 of 3 from the Dodgers ($ of 6 from SF and LA) and actually picking up a game on the Cards in the process.

14 of 18 outs go down as K's. Pretty darn good.

106 pitches though in 6 innings. I'd trade some of those K's for lower counts, no?

Taking 2 from the Cubs earns the team a "C" grade... should be able to take 3 from the Cubbies. Scoring 11 runs in 4 games earns an "F" on the offensive side. Won't win against top opponents with that average.

106 pitches though in 6 innings. I'd trade some of those K's for lower counts, no?

Taking 2 from the Cubs earns the team a "C" grade... should be able to take 3 from the Cubbies. Scoring 11 runs in 4 games earns an "F" on the offensive side. Won't win against top opponents with that average.
Do you even watch baseball?

Only when the Packers play.

Stole one tonight after Greinke held them.

Only when the Packers play.

Stole one tonight after Greinke held them.
Or you could say they kept it close and made Grienke throw lots of pitches, knowing that LA has poor middle relief.

They have now won 2 of 3 from the Dodgers, 2 of 3 from the Giants, split 2-2 with the Cubs and won their first game against the Dodgers. They can beat two of the best teams in baseball but can't figure out the Cubs.

Tough game today against Kershaw

K Rod may save this but I'm going on the record that Gallardo should have been allowed to go out there for the ninth

ETA And Kemp goes yard as I hit "Submit"

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that was pretty much a clinic all the way around last night. Great hitting, pitching and defense Hopefully they play that well into this weekend against the Pirates (I'll be going on Sat)

Gotta knock on wood re: Fiers, but he looks awesome. 3 starts, 3 wins, 21 innings, 3 walks, 8 hits, 2 runs.
Yeah, we'll see. I think Fiers has it. The injuries and his mom dying really messed with him. But if he's focused and keeps pitching like this I think they have a tough decision to make for the remainder of this season and into next, which is a good problem to have.

This may be really dumb but he kinda reminds me of what they thought Manny Parra could be. He's got the stuff but just has to keep his control and not have a breakdown once something does go wrong.

Had to get one there against the Pirates. Luckily the Phillies of all teams helped us out. A few huge road trips left where they seem to play well as opposed to MP. And we have 22 of 32 left are against the Central so it's pretty much playoff baseball from here on out.

Frustrating. St. Louis is keeping the door open for the Crew to gain on them. Still only a 1 loss differential which is not good enough. Pitt is coming on strong now as well. Hopefully this is a blur in the hotness that will being in September.

Roenicke needs to shake up the lineup. They've lost how many in a row now because they can't score and he trots out the same lineup day after day. LuCroy should be hitting third and Braun fifth. Gennet leading off and Gomez (or Para) 2nd

KingPrawn said:
Roenicke needs to shake up the lineup. They've lost how many in a row now because they can't score and he trots out the same lineup day after day. LuCroy should be hitting third and Braun fifth. Gennet leading off and Gomez (or Para) 2nd
Rotten Ron isn't good enough to make that decision.

:wall:

Runners in scoring position and runners left on base have to be at an all time high with this crew. Holy crap.

1 run game.

PH used in the 9th with 2 on, 2 out.

Yep. Ryan Braun wasn't needed tonight when you have Jason Rogers.

Mr.Pack said:
1 run game.

PH used in the 9th with 2 on, 2 out.

Yep. Ryan Braun wasn't needed tonight when you have Jason Rogers.
:lmao:

Braun wasn't even at the game.

Ignorance is bliss!
Could have been the greatest Wiliis Reid moment ever. Braun not even at the park comes out of the dugout for a pinch hit double scoring two runs for the go ahead. Braun, limping around the bases, would be relieved for a pinch runner, leaving to a standing ovation. The Brewers go on to win the game and make a dramatic September, October, November run to the World Series title.

Casey ####### McGehee :lmao:

It's actually pretty comical at this point. While they are technically still sniffing the wild card I really hope this epic collapse continues, just for the entertainment value.

Casey ####### McGehee :lmao:

It's actually pretty comical at this point. While they are technically still sniffing the wild card I really hope this epic collapse continues, just for the entertainment value.
I'm shocked that everyone doesn't do that with Garza on the hill.

:wall: :wall: Great pitching by Lohse. UGH!!!! mid relief.

Ultimately, the hitting freaking sucks. The pitchers should be pissed off because they have been spectacular.

Has there ever been a worse collapse from a team? I mean, to be in first place for how many days in one season to all of a sudden be complete garbage? I know there were teams to collapse from an X game lead in the final days of the season and all but were those teams in first place for 150+ days of the season?

If I was a starting pitcher on this team, I'd be pissed off royally. The last 30 games the pitchers have given up like 2.5 runs a game and yet the team is like 8-25 or something. Really? If any team is giving up 2.5 runs a game, they should be 25-8 in that stretch. So sickening.

The hot first month covered up a lot of bad play. After that they well well below .500. The only thing that kept them in first place for 150+ days was relatively poor play by both Pittsburgh and St. Louis.

The hot first month covered up a lot of bad play. After that they well well below .500. The only thing that kept them in first place for 150+ days was relatively poor play by both Pittsburgh and St. Louis.
This is sort of true, April they were 19-8 and June they were 18-10, May, July, August and Sept they were 43-58

August they were 13-14 and Sept is pretty much the nail in the coffin sitting at 6-13, and since Aug 26th they are 7-18.

An epic collapse all the way around.

Has there ever been a worse collapse from a team? I mean, to be in first place for how many days in one season to all of a sudden be complete garbage? I know there were teams to collapse from an X game lead in the final days of the season and all but were those teams in first place for 150+ days of the season?

If I was a starting pitcher on this team, I'd be pissed off royally. The last 30 games the pitchers have given up like 2.5 runs a game and yet the team is like 8-25 or something. Really? If any team is giving up 2.5 runs a game, they should be 25-8 in that stretch. So sickening.
The 2014 A's laugh at the Brewers 'collapse'.

Watching the player introductions for the Kansas City Royals for the American League wildcard game managed by Ned Yost. Leading off - Alcides Escobar. Batting 2nd - Norichika Aoki Batting 3rd - Lorenzo Cain. What do all four have in common? All former Brewers gotten rid of by GM Doug Melvin

Watching the player introductions for the Kansas City Royals for the American League wildcard game managed by Ned Yost. Leading off - Alcides Escobar. Batting 2nd - Norichika Aoki Batting 3rd - Lorenzo Cain. What do all four have in common? All former Brewers gotten rid of by GM Doug Melvin
The 2011 team wouldn't have gotten two games away from the World Series without the Greinke trade.

Melvin got a decent arm for a year's worth of Aoki's contract.

ETA: Ned Yost? Really?

Nelson Cruz and J.J. Hardy (former Brewers gotten rid of by Melvin) advance in the playoffs with the Orioles

Rotten Ron coming back.

It was all Garth Iorg's fault.

What a complete joke this team is. Attanasio really doesn't care about winning. Faux outrage at the epic collapse.

Going to be difficult to support this team next year.

Really angry right now

Double ouch

Lose 10-0 on opening day and Braun left in the 5th inning with a pain in his lower side.

I'll take 10-0 beatings on opening day though if the Badgers can win the national championship

Go Bucky!

Nice start to the season. Is it just me or does anyone else think .500 ball this year will be a major accomplishment? The Brewers tried selling us on the fact that they were in the race up until the last month of the season. In reality, they had a ridiculously hot first month of the season and played below .500 the rest of the year. They got rid of Yo. Didn't really make any improvements. I guess they are counting on Braun to stay healthy. (Oops!) This guy is soft. Segura to bounce back. Gennett to be a full-time player. Lucroy to repeat last year. Gomez to be an all-star again this year. Davis to put it together. Ramirez to stay healthy and not show his age. Nelson to be a decent pitcher despite not showing anything at the major league level last year. They need every one of those to go right. And then maybe, just maybe, they'll be in the playoff race.

Oh, and they also need Roenicke to somehow become at least an average manager. Last night's eighth inning was a perfect example. Two lefties coming up for the Rockies and RR brings in Broxton instead of Will Smith. His logic? Well, Broxton is their 8th inning guy. Despite the fact that he admits that it's the wrong matchup.

Peralta was replaced in the eighth by Broxton, who surrendered a one-out double to Charlie Blackmon. One pitch later Carlos Gonzalez hammered a 92-mph fastball off the lower portion of the scoreboard in right-center field, giving Colorado a 4-2 lead.

Both hitters are left-handed, but Roenicke opted to go with Broxton over lefty Will Smith.

"We talked about it," he said. "Right now we've decided that Broxton's going to be the eighth-inning pitcher. If it changes, we have to have that conversation and match up the seventh and eighth. We have three guys we like there, and maybe we'll try to match it up better.

"But we like Brox. That's not going to happen very often. But no question, it was set up better for a lefty."
Um, Ron, if it was set up for a lefty, then why didn't you bring in the lefty? Idiotic

Users who are viewing this thread