Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
strykerpks

Brewers Thread - Well, poop

On 9/26/2018 at 10:09 PM, CletiusMaximus said:

Uke getting doused in Lite beer like it’s champagne ... 

But Miller High Life is the champagne of beers.

Dumb question but the Cubs beat the Brewers more during the regular season... so why is there a one game playoff to determine division champ?

13 hours ago, CletiusMaximus said:

12:05 start tomorrow at Wrigley. Quintana starting for the Cubs. Who will it be for the Crew? 

I thought Chacin, but they probably would have announced it by now. Thinking they wait on Chacin for Tuesday if needed.

My thought is they start Chase Anderson, but have Freddy P up and ready to go, and then Johnny Wholestaff if needed.

13 hours ago, Mario Kart said:

Dumb question but the Cubs beat the Brewers more during the regular season... so why is there a one game playoff to determine division champ?

Not dumb at all. Dumb was kicking my ### with 3 players this week, :rant: but I digress.............

Good question, MLB just lets them play it out with no tie breakers until the season ends, is my only explanation.

Best I got

3 hours ago, Mr.Pack said:

Not dumb at all. Dumb was kicking my ### with 3 players this week, :rant: but I digress.............

Good question, MLB just lets them play it out with no tie breakers until the season ends, is my only explanation.

Best I got

I'm assuming its the reason the game is at Wrigley today, so they got something for it.

• Like 1

Great victory today.  Hope Jeffries is ok but I'll worry about that tomorrow.  Keep it rolling Crew!

• Like 2

So, Wade on Thursday, Zach on Friday, Chacin on Sunday, Gio on Monday, Wade again on Wednesday if needed? That sound about right? Chase and/or a bullpen day in there somewhere? I'm curious where Craig will go

11 hours ago, strykerpks said:

So, Wade on Thursday, Zach on Friday, Chacin on Sunday, Gio on Monday, Wade again on Wednesday if needed? That sound about right? Chase and/or a bullpen day in there somewhere? I'm curious where Craig will go

I think that's pretty close, but I think Miley on Thursday and Gio on Friday, Chacin on Sunday, Zach on Monday. Davies was pretty shaky his last time out.

This keeps Miley, and Gio on 4 days rest, and Chacin on 5

Edited by Mr.Pack

55 minutes ago, Mr.Pack said:

I think that's pretty close, but I think Miley on Thursday and Gio on Friday, Chacin on Sunday, Zach on Monday. Davies was pretty shaky his last time out.

This keeps Miley, and Gio on 4 days rest, and Chacin on 5

This my guess as well.

Never paid too much attention to the roster cut during post season (mainly because the Brewers aren't usually involved), but I can't think of another team that relied more on the expanded roster. So many difficult decisions to make. Realistic that Thames and Anderson or Davies will be left off. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Softballguy said:

This my guess as well.

Never paid too much attention to the roster cut during post season (mainly because the Brewers aren't usually involved), but I can't think of another team that relied more on the expanded roster. So many difficult decisions to make. Realistic that Thames and Anderson or Davies will be left off.

Yeah that order would make sense. I just worked backwards for the most part. Have to wonder if matchup (i.e. Cubs or Rockies) plays into it at all. But I think you have to carry 4 starters in case of injury. I'd be hard pressed to find a spot for Anderson now that I think about it more, but Davies should be there.

Kratz
Pina
Aguilar
Schoop
Shaw
Arcia
Moose
Braun
Cain
Yelich
Perez
Santana
Granderson

Chacin
Miley
Davies
Gio
JJ
Hader
Knebel
Soria
Burnes
Cedeno
Jennings
One of Williams/Woodruff/Barnes/Peralta?

Would they leave off a Grandy or Santana for an extra reliever?

2 hours ago, strykerpks said:

Yeah that order would make sense. I just worked backwards for the most part. Have to wonder if matchup (i.e. Cubs or Rockies) plays into it at all. But I think you have to carry 4 starters in case of injury. I'd be hard pressed to find a spot for Anderson now that I think about it more, but Davies should be there.

Kratz
Pina
Aguilar
Schoop
Shaw
Arcia
Moose
Braun
Cain
Yelich
Perez
Santana
Granderson

Chacin
Miley
Davies
Gio
JJ
Hader
Knebel
Soria
Burnes
Cedeno
Jennings

I agree with pretty much all of this and I think you're right at the bottom, leave Santana off for Williams or Peralta, but CC likes him some Williams and he hasn't pitched that badly in Sept. Toss in the fact they don't have an "Ace" and I think they carry an extra pitcher. I could see them going Johnny Wholestaff for at least one game too.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2018 at 1:48 PM, strykerpks said:

Kratz
Pina
Aguilar
Schoop
Shaw
Arcia
Moose
Braun
Cain
Yelich
Perez
Santana
Granderson

Chacin
Miley
Davies
Gio
JJ
Hader
Knebel
Soria
Burnes
Cedeno
Jennings

Good call on the roster.

ETA, I just don't understand keeping Santana on this roster. He's garbage, rather kept a 12th pitcher or Thames

Edited by Mr.Pack

1 hour ago, Mr.Pack said:

Good call on the roster.

ETA, I just don't understand keeping Santana on this roster. He's garbage, rather kept a 12th pitcher or Thames

Well to be fair, 20 or so were no brainers. I whiffed on the last 5 or so not thinking they'd carry guys like Guerra/Peralta over Williams/Cedeno

But to your point Santana has hit like .440 or something stupid as a pinch hitter in September and Thames hasn't hit the broad side of a barn. I'm more surprised at Broxton who has Corey Hart disease, though he plays good defense at all 3 OF positions and can be a SB threat.

18 hours ago, strykerpks said:

But to your point Santana has hit like .440 or something stupid as a pinch hitter in September and Thames hasn't hit the broad side of a barn. I'm more surprised at Broxton who has Corey Hart disease, though he plays good defense at all 3 OF positions and can be a SB threat.

Yea, I just don't like Santana. He doesn't hustle and that rubs me the wrong way. He has been hot in Sept. though.

Broxton was a head scratcher, only thing I can think of is they wanted a pinch runner and a Defensive replacement.

Turning down tickets to listen to Uke on a transitor radio in a cold rain around a campfire at KohlerAndrae worked so well yesterday, I guess I'll do it again today. Pass the bourbon, saddle up boys ....

• Like 2

That was a lot of ####### fun for 7 months. And a lot of things will have to go right again to be in the same position next year but this is a really good team with some obvious flaws. Lots of questions on the pitching staff, 1B, 2B, dare I say LF and catcher... We can debate those all off season.

TLDR Sentimental with my dad

My old man is 77 and in great shape. He's sharp as a tack and while he may repeat a story or two at times, I'm 40 so he's probably exhausted his reserves. Imagine how my mom feels. At any rate years ago he told me "Son if you ever get a chance to go to a playoff game, you go." Well my sister and her husband had tickets. She took my dad and my BIL called his buddy in Dallas who hopped on a flight for like $700 to go to the game with SRO tickets. I ended up finding one so we all went together.

Tailgating was chilly. Packer game-like. But my dad regaled us with tales of the 57 and 58 Braves World Series. He had tickets for each game in Milwaukee (he lived in Kenosha and would take the train). He went to a few games. He gave a few tickets to his dad or his uncle so he didn't go to all of them. By the time we were getting ready to walk into the stadium, tailgaters from the cars on the left and the right surrounded us as he talked playoff baseball. I wish I had gotten a picture of the scene.

Not sure where I'm going with this but we met again today for a few drinks. I asked him if he had any regrets about the game last night. He said "Son if you have a chance to go to a playoff game, you go." Goosebumps. For me at least. Dammit I wanted that one for him.

Here's to the hot stove. Let's gooooo :banned: 

• Like 3

Life goes on but this World Series isn't as much fun without the Brewers.

• Like 2