What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brewers Thread - Choo Choo All Aboard the Jackson Chourio Hype Train (2 Viewers)

Brewers put on a clinic last night in the 5th inning on how NOT to run the bases. Ed Seder with perhaps the worst send ever by a 3rd base coach. Molina had time to catch the ball, count the seams, tie his shoe, call his wife to tell her to turn on the game, and still had time to tag out Thames

What an awful angle on that ball too. That should have been robbed easily.

Dude gave the post game interview in a torn wife beater. There's bumps where there shouldn't be bumps. I can see why he gets tested every other day. I knew he was big but holy ####

Last edited by a moderator:
What an awful angle on that ball too. That should have been robbed easily.

Dude gave the post game interview in a torn wife beater. There's bumps where there shouldn't be bumps. I can see why he gets tested every other day. I knew he was big but holy ####
Players dumped two buckets of gatorade on him as he crossed home plate and then proceeded to try to tear off his uniform. He is chiseled.

I was shocked one of the Padres outfielders didn't catch that HR ball. Looked like maybe they got in each others way. Both game winning HRs by Thames in the last two games bounced off the top of the wall.

Keep thinking that this can't last. We are just kind of a placeholder right now. At some point the Cubs are going to make a run. But you never know. It's been fun so far.

Don't do this to me you #######s. I'm not going to get excited. You ####ers better take your #### now and not on September 14th

Don't do this to me you #######s. I'm not going to get excited. You ####ers better take your #### now and not on September 14th
I keep telling myself we are just a placeholder for 1st place for the Cubbies. I keep telling myself that we weren't supposed to do anything this year so it's all bonus. I'm really trying hard not to get excited about this team. But, ####, they make it tough.

I keep telling myself we are just a placeholder for 1st place for the Cubbies. I keep telling myself that we weren't supposed to do anything this year so it's all bonus. I'm really trying hard not to get excited about this team. But, ####, they make it tough.
2014 brah. 2014

Though I may have peed a little when Braun launched that one last night. 

If they go .500 the rest of the way they have 86 wins. Gotta think that's close to what takes the Central division this year. 

####### better start losing soon. Im not getting interested yet. Not doing it. 

Brewers have gotten much more from their rotation in their more recent 46 games compared with the first 46.

When they began 25-21, their starting staff averaged 5.22 IP/game, with a 4.76 ERA.  Since then, they've been 26-20---just slightly better, record-wise---but their rotation's compiled a 4.22 ERA in 5.65 IP/game.

So, their starters are going deeper since June began, and that may bode well in taking the heat off the bullpen load.  If they can get to a set-up guy and then Knebel, they ought to stay in contention.

Brewers have gotten much more from their rotation in their more recent 46 games compared with the first 46.

When they began 25-21, their starting staff averaged 5.22 IP/game, with a 4.76 ERA.  Since then, they've been 26-20---just slightly better, record-wise---but their rotation's compiled a 4.22 ERA in 5.65 IP/game.

So, their starters are going deeper since June began, and that may bode well in taking the heat off the bullpen load.  If they can get to a set-up guy and then Knebel, they ought to stay in contention.
The bullpen was in real troubles in May and a bit of June. Nelson, Anderson and Davies have really pitched well since, giving them 6+ typically. 

Crazy since the offense pretty much carried then through some bad blown games. They really could have another 5 wins

Pretty cool night at Miller Park tonight for us old farts. We had my company seats right behind the home dugout. Yount, Gumby, Gorman, Vuke, Fingers, Coop, Hisle, Money, Oglivie, Moore, Easterly, Moose, + many others were there. Harvey's widow threw the first pitch, a one hopper to Simba. Good game to boot. 

Pretty cool night at Miller Park tonight for us old farts. We had my company seats right behind the home dugout. Yount, Gumby, Gorman, Vuke, Fingers, Coop, Hisle, Money, Oglivie, Moore, Easterly, Moose, + many others were there. Harvey's widow threw the first pitch, a one hopper to Simba. Good game to boot. 
Good turnout.  Was Mike Caldwell there?

Davies in particular has benefited from good run support in his starts.
Not to mention he ####s the bed in the first inning so they're usually in a 2 run hole. Luckily they're averaging something stupid like 0.9 runs on their own in the first inning combined.

He might have been, don't recall specifically. It was a long ceremony. They brought front office staff and admins from '82 out on the field. Ueker, Selig and Attanasio all spoke. 
Had an opportunity to go to that but got a bit too tipsy at the air show. That had to be pretty sweet.

I guess if you can only have one pennant winner in 46 years, it's good that the team is memorable and lovable.  They were a fun team with a bunch of great personalities that have been preserved for posterity in Daniel Okrent's Nine Innings.

I moved away from Wisconsin at the beginning of 1982 so I missed the WS team but I was around for the building of that team.  I'll always have fond memories of the summer of 1978 when Bambi's Bombers turned it around from 95 losses to 93 wins.

I guess if you can only have one pennant winner in 46 years, it's good that the team is memorable and lovable.  They were a fun team with a bunch of great personalities that have been preserved for posterity in Daniel Okrent's Nine Innings.

I moved away from Wisconsin at the beginning of 1982 so I missed the WS team but I was around for the building of that team.  I'll always have fond memories of the summer of 1978 when Bambi's Bombers turned it around from 95 losses to 93 wins.
One of my earliest memories, at just 4 years old, was my old man waking me up and taking me downtown from Oak Creek after they won the pennant. I had no idea what was going on, I was just on his shoulders high fiving everyone that walked by. 

The bullpen was in real troubles in May and a bit of June. Nelson, Anderson and Davies have really pitched well since, giving them 6+ typically. 

Crazy since the offense pretty much carried then through some bad blown games. They really could have another 5 wins
Since you mention it, in the initial 47 games, the Brewers bullpen ERA was 3.71.  It's been 4.47 in the 47 games since and undergone discernible changes for it to stabilize.

They haven't had to log the number of innings they logged earlier in the year.  In the past 47, it's been 3.33 IP/game compared to the first 47's 3.72 IP/game.

The set-up to get to Knebel will be important going forward.  Hughes has picked up, for one.

Eephus said:

As most of us old crusties probably recall, Kuen was not the Brewer manager heading into the '82 season. When asked on Saturday, I guessed it was Bambi who got fired early that season, but of course my friends all knew it was Buck Rodgers. I was living out of the country in '82, but was in Wisconsin the years before and after, so knew that team very well even if I did miss the show that year.  Suffice it to say, without the benefit of internet or even phone calls, I had to scour the sports pages pretty carefully in New Zealand that fall to find MLB box scores.

Rodgers best attribute was that he looked like the idealized version of a baseball manager.

Following a team from afar was a lot harder in pre-Internet days. 

I was just up in Milwaukee for Summerfest, loved seeing all the Brew Crew shwag, even had a couple guys giving me a hard time because of my Cubs hat

This might not be the year, but things are looking up for Chicago North.

I can understand the Brewers being concerned over Chase Anderson's absence and the hunt for pitching as the trade deadline nears.  However, the rotation's ERA and, for that matter, the team ERA has been 4.06 this season, placing it in the NL top 5.  Moreover, in the past 36 games, they've gone 5.72 IP/game, way up from the 5.33 per outing in the initial 62 games.

Well it was a run.

The offense has really been struggling. Do they really miss Sogard that much?
Well, he was hitting something like .330/.450/.925 and then you have to insert Villar and his eleventy-nine strike outs...so yeah I think they missed him. Sounds like he just joined them in Philly today, but no move yet. Hoping for a Broxton or Villar demotion.

I was just up in Milwaukee for Summerfest, loved seeing all the Brew Crew shwag, even had a couple guys giving me a hard time because of my Cubs hat

This might not be the year, but things are looking up for Chicago North.
I was with you until the bolded. You sunova.... :boxing:

Brewers haven't been bad going back to the series with the Mets, which began July 7th, despite how it seems (5-7 record with 50 runs scored & 54 allowed).  But 27 of those 50 runs came in just 3 games.  They had tough times in Pgh, yet should bounce back and score closer to 5 runs a game than 4.

The NL teams who'd qualify for the playoffs if they started today are also the league's top 5 in runs scored per game.  That includes Milwaukee.  Their duel with the Cubs should continue to be the race worth watching inasmuch as neither the Nationals nor the Dodgers appear to be in danger of losing their divisions' leads.

This team really needs to get its head out of its collective ###.

JHC, the central is their's for the taking and they can't dent Bartolo over 7 innings?

Maddening 

Users who are viewing this thread