What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brewers Thread - Choo Choo All Aboard the Jackson Chourio Hype Train (3 Viewers)

So, Wade on Thursday, Zach on Friday, Chacin on Sunday, Gio on Monday, Wade again on Wednesday if needed? That sound about right? Chase and/or a bullpen day in there somewhere? I'm curious where Craig will go

So, Wade on Thursday, Zach on Friday, Chacin on Sunday, Gio on Monday, Wade again on Wednesday if needed? That sound about right? Chase and/or a bullpen day in there somewhere? I'm curious where Craig will go
I think that's pretty close, but I think Miley on Thursday and Gio on Friday, Chacin on Sunday, Zach on Monday. Davies was pretty shaky his last time out.

This keeps Miley, and Gio on 4 days rest, and Chacin on 5

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that's pretty close, but I think Miley on Thursday and Gio on Friday, Chacin on Sunday, Zach on Monday. Davies was pretty shaky his last time out.

This keeps Miley, and Gio on 4 days rest, and Chacin on 5
This my guess as well.

Never paid too much attention to the roster cut during post season (mainly because the Brewers aren't usually involved), but I can't think of another team that relied more on the expanded roster. So many difficult decisions to make. Realistic that Thames and Anderson or Davies will be left off. 

This my guess as well.

Never paid too much attention to the roster cut during post season (mainly because the Brewers aren't usually involved), but I can't think of another team that relied more on the expanded roster. So many difficult decisions to make. Realistic that Thames and Anderson or Davies will be left off.
Yeah that order would make sense. I just worked backwards for the most part. Have to wonder if matchup (i.e. Cubs or Rockies) plays into it at all. But I think you have to carry 4 starters in case of injury. I'd be hard pressed to find a spot for Anderson now that I think about it more, but Davies should be there.

Kratz
Pina
Aguilar
Schoop
Shaw
Arcia
Moose
Braun
Cain
Yelich
Perez
Santana
Granderson

Chacin
Miley
Davies
Gio
JJ
Hader
Knebel
Soria
Burnes
Cedeno
Jennings
One of Williams/Woodruff/Barnes/Peralta?

Would they leave off a Grandy or Santana for an extra reliever?

Yeah that order would make sense. I just worked backwards for the most part. Have to wonder if matchup (i.e. Cubs or Rockies) plays into it at all. But I think you have to carry 4 starters in case of injury. I'd be hard pressed to find a spot for Anderson now that I think about it more, but Davies should be there.

Kratz
Pina
Aguilar
Schoop
Shaw
Arcia
Moose
Braun
Cain
Yelich
Perez
Santana
Granderson

Chacin
Miley
Davies
Gio
JJ
Hader
Knebel
Soria
Burnes
Cedeno
Jennings

I agree with pretty much all of this and I think you're right at the bottom, leave Santana off for Williams or Peralta, but CC likes him some Williams and he hasn't pitched that badly in Sept. Toss in the fact they don't have an "Ace" and I think they carry an extra pitcher. I could see them going Johnny Wholestaff for at least one game too.

Kratz
Pina
Aguilar
Schoop
Shaw
Arcia
Moose
Braun
Cain
Yelich
Perez
Santana
Granderson

Chacin
Miley
Davies
Gio
JJ
Hader
Knebel
Soria
Burnes
Cedeno
Jennings

Good call on the roster.

ETA, I just don't understand keeping Santana on this roster. He's garbage, rather kept a 12th pitcher or Thames

Good call on the roster.

ETA, I just don't understand keeping Santana on this roster. He's garbage, rather kept a 12th pitcher or Thames
Well to be fair, 20 or so were no brainers. I whiffed on the last 5 or so not thinking they'd carry guys like Guerra/Peralta over Williams/Cedeno

But to your point Santana has hit like .440 or something stupid as a pinch hitter in September and Thames hasn't hit the broad side of a barn. I'm more surprised at Broxton who has Corey Hart disease, though he plays good defense at all 3 OF positions and can be a SB threat.

strykerpks said:
But to your point Santana has hit like .440 or something stupid as a pinch hitter in September and Thames hasn't hit the broad side of a barn. I'm more surprised at Broxton who has Corey Hart disease, though he plays good defense at all 3 OF positions and can be a SB threat.
Yea, I just don't like Santana. He doesn't hustle and that rubs me the wrong way. He has been hot in Sept. though.

Broxton was a head scratcher, only thing I can think of is they wanted a pinch runner and a Defensive replacement.

Turning down tickets to listen to Uke on a transitor radio in a cold rain around a campfire at KohlerAndrae worked so well yesterday, I guess I'll do it again today. Pass the bourbon, saddle up boys ....

That was a lot of ####### fun for 7 months. And a lot of things will have to go right again to be in the same position next year but this is a really good team with some obvious flaws. Lots of questions on the pitching staff, 1B, 2B, dare I say LF and catcher... We can debate those all off season.

TLDR Sentimental with my dad

My old man is 77 and in great shape. He's sharp as a tack and while he may repeat a story or two at times, I'm 40 so he's probably exhausted his reserves. Imagine how my mom feels. At any rate years ago he told me "Son if you ever get a chance to go to a playoff game, you go." Well my sister and her husband had tickets. She took my dad and my BIL called his buddy in Dallas who hopped on a flight for like $700 to go to the game with SRO tickets. I ended up finding one so we all went together.

Tailgating was chilly. Packer game-like. But my dad regaled us with tales of the 57 and 58 Braves World Series. He had tickets for each game in Milwaukee (he lived in Kenosha and would take the train). He went to a few games. He gave a few tickets to his dad or his uncle so he didn't go to all of them. By the time we were getting ready to walk into the stadium, tailgaters from the cars on the left and the right surrounded us as he talked playoff baseball. I wish I had gotten a picture of the scene.

Not sure where I'm going with this but we met again today for a few drinks. I asked him if he had any regrets about the game last night. He said "Son if you have a chance to go to a playoff game, you go." Goosebumps. For me at least. Dammit I wanted that one for him.

Here's to the hot stove. Let's gooooo :banned:  

I'm oddly sad about this, not that I have any great love for the Miller-Coors company, but it is somewhat disappointing. "AmFam Park" doesn't have the same attachment to the city. 

Greg Matzek‏ @gmatzek

Communication sent to @MillerCoors employees today explain that #MillerPark naming rights are coming to an end when current agreement expires in 2020. American Family Insurance will be the new naming rights sponsor of the home of the #Brewers. Press conference at 2PM today.

11:07 AM - 22 Jan 2019

I'm oddly sad about this, not that I have any great love for the Miller-Coors company, but it is somewhat disappointing. "AmFam Park" doesn't have the same attachment to the city. 
Yeah it will be odd. In the long run though people will call it what they want. I still call it the MECCA. BMO-Harris was still the Bradley Center. What the media and the team call it doesn't really matter to me.

Best I saw on the tweeters was they should call it 5 County Stadium since we paid for it anyway

Speaking of County Stadium, here's a pretty cool look behind the scenes right before it was torn down. A grounds crew member "got a day off" and took his family on a personal tour. It sure brought back some memories and I thought some of you olds would appreciate it.
Loved that old place...stopping for some Helds brats on the way down to Milwaukee.  Tailgating in the parking lot.  Getting in for BP trying to get some baseball cards autographed.  (going through some stuff ran into two of those cards...Teddy Higuera and Chris Bosio...oh yeah those have to be valuable, right?).

Watching Yount and Molitor.  Great times.  Step dad was a barber and had a client that had tickets every year.  And we would always end up with a few games each season.  Nice seats too.  One year was first base side in the first row of the upper deck even with the bag.  Remember those seats well as dad still has the foul ball he caught off of Yount's bat.  Then one year they had front row just past the bag down the third base line.  Now their seats (which my wife and I used once in Miller Park) are club level right behind the plate....few rows down from Uke.

Great video...

Jimmy Nelson's comeback is a work in progress
To the DL....I mean IL

Brewers are struggling right now. This was supposed to be the time for them to build a lead in the division. Woodruff is the only one pitching well and he looks like a legit #2 with #1 upside. He's lights out right now. With a bat to boot

FiveThirtyEight says the Brewers should be sellers, not buyers at the deadline. 

I guess that makes sense from a purely analytical standpoint but the franchise's historical lack of playoff success and a small market team's desperation to maximize their Yelich window are outside of their model.

I'm hoping for the best but I don't know if there are enough prospects left to patch all the holes in this pitching staff.
That's been the debate here locally the past few weeks. Hiura alone could bring a nice haul but I'm pretty sure he's untouchable. Ray, Dubon and a few others are all they have 

Losing woodruff hurt. Losing chacin might be addition by subtraction. But the lack of success from Peralta and Burnes and the injury to kneble put the whole staff behind the 8 ball so to speak. Couple that with an inconsistent offense and here we are. A few games out with a punchers chance. I say go for it  :shrug:

After tonight they are one game back behind the Cardinals and tied with the Cubbies. Finally starting to play better as of late. They are buyers. Not sure if they have enough to be players for the big name starters but they could fill a bullpen role or two. I expect Aguilar to be on the block with the return of Shaw.

After tonight they are one game back behind the Cardinals and tied with the Cubbies. Finally starting to play better as of late. They are buyers. Not sure if they have enough to be players for the big name starters but they could fill a bullpen role or two. I expect Aguilar to be on the block with the return of Shaw.
Crazy idea, but Shaw has a bit better track record so he could conceivably be a piece to deal as well if someone thinks a change of scenery could do some good

Crazy idea, but Shaw has a bit better track record so he could conceivably be a piece to deal as well if someone thinks a change of scenery could do some good
Yeah I thought of that as well. He was hot down in AAA ball. Was hoping he could continue it with his return but it doesn't seem to be yet. He could have a bigger market than Aguilar. I think Aguilar is under control until 2022 though so he could be more valuable to a team, including the Brewers.

3/4 from the stupid Cubs is fine. Still not sure how these guys do anything remotely positive for the next few weeks

From Saturday:
The Brewers are...
5-5 last 10g
10-10 last 20g
15-15 last 30g
20-20 last 40g
25-25 last 50g
30-30 last 60g

Pretty solid sample size. They are what they are, a .500 team :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread