What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Austin Seferian-Jenkins - What do you think? (2 Viewers)

Hope he gets well soon! Just picked him back up in a couple leagues to cover Ebron and kelce byes next week.

Jameis needs him, but the running game really took off when he got hurt. His snaps may be limited to passing downs if they continue to run their big package with a tackle on the end of the line as a blocking TE.

Just scooped him up with Gates likely to be out again and Thomas on a bye. Seems like the perfect week for him to be back too. No VJax or Louis Murphy. Should see a healthy dose of targets in this one.

Jameis needs him, but the running game really took off when he got hurt. His snaps may be limited to passing downs if they continue to run their big package with a tackle on the end of the line as a blocking TE.
He'll probably be in the slot a lot more now with 83 out.

Capella said:
Grahamburn said:
He'll probably be in the slot a lot more now with 83 out.
I'd think so. Sims will be split out more often as well. I don't even know who's going to be active at WR after Evans and Dye.

Austin Seferian-Jenkins - TE - Buccaneers

Coach Lovie Smith said Austin Seferian-Jenkins is "not there yet" in his recovery from a strained shoulder.
Seferian-Jenkins got in his first practice since Week 2 on Wednesday, but Smith threw cold water on his status for Week 8. Pewter Report's Eric Horchy said the chances ASJ plays against Atlanta are "slim." With the Bucs' injury issues at receiver, it would be surprising if Seferian-Jenkins practiced all week but did not play, but Tampa could decide to play it safe with their second-year tight end. Seferian-Jenkins would be a great DFS play if he suits up.

Coach Lovie Smith said Austin Seferian-Jenkins is "not there yet" in his recovery from a strained shoulder.

Seferian-Jenkins got in his first practice since Week 2 on Wednesday, but Smith threw cold water on his status for Week 8. Pewter Report's Eric Horchy said the chances ASJ plays against Atlanta are "slim." With the Bucs' injury issues at receiver, it would be surprising if Seferian-Jenkins practiced all week but did not play, but Tampa could decide to play it safe with their second-year tight end. Seferian-Jenkins would be a great DFS play if he suits up.
What a bummer.

Damn, I bid lower on Green figuring ASJ could be a nice backup plan, especially for just the 1 week I really needed him. Hope he plays or I'll be scarping the bottom of the TE barrel this week.

This sucks...the writer of the little blurb seems to disagree a bit with the Pewter Report guy.

Looks like he got in another limited practice today. With all the injuries they have I don't see how they can sit him if he can play

Austin Seferian-Jenkins (shoulder) participated in Friday's practice.
Bucs beat writer Greg Auman remains unsure of Seferian-Jenkins' availability after coach Lovie Smith seemingly threw cold water on ASJ's return earlier this week. Auman believes ASJ will be listed as "limited/questionable" on the final injury report. We'll have an update on Seferian-Jenkins shortly.

Here we are a week later with reports that he practiced in full on Friday... thoughts?
He's injury prone and really not that good. His situation is not bad right now though if he can play.
I grabbed him off waivers very cheap, figured they're missing VJax and the Giants D sucks. That week 1 statline was impressive. I'm concerned about the first week back from a prolonged injury but I'm curious why you say he's not good?

Here we are a week later with reports that he practiced in full on Friday... thoughts?
He's injury prone and really not that good. His situation is not bad right now though if he can play.
I grabbed him off waivers very cheap, figured they're missing VJax and the Giants D sucks. That week 1 statline was impressive. I'm concerned about the first week back from a prolonged injury but I'm curious why you say he's not good?
Keep in mind that week 1 was without Evans so he was targeted a lot.

Can't speak for how good he is, but does seem to have drop issues from what I've read.

ASJ is a dream matchup this weekend, all things considered (Giants don't cover TE's, secondary is abysmal, VJ out).

ASJ is a dream matchup this weekend, all things considered (Giants don't cover TE's, secondary is abysmal, VJ out).
Only thing that worries me is the long layoff and getting up to game speed, but yeah, it seems like everything lines up. Evans is going to have the safety cheating his way all game, plus they've got a run game and they throw to their RBs. Giants are 31st against TEs per ESPN.

As a Gates owner who was stupid enough to not pick up Reed (picked up Green against Oak) due to his first week back, I almost hope he close and doesn't play since Gates look like a go. My league sucks so I only have 4 transactions left. I don't want to end up wasting one of this guy doesn't play next week. If he doesn't play it should be easy to pick him up next week after more news.

I have to guess this is a broken collarbone at this point. If he has been practicing and not able to play? Its a healing issue, not just a pain management issue.

I

Only thing that worries me is the long layoff and getting up to game speed, but yeah, it seems like everything lines up. Evans is going to have the safety cheating his way all game, plus they've got a run game and they throw to their RBs. Giants are 31st against TEs per ESPN.
I was fired up for the matchup. Now with him sitting, is that Brate guy worth a look?

that would be great if the guy would ever play
Now he's saying he hasn't been cleared by the medical staff. I thought I heard he was cleared but wouldn't play unless he was 100%....?

What is with this guy...? Dropped Richard Rodgers for him before last week as my bench TE...that turned out great.

Now he's saying he hasn't been cleared by the medical staff. I thought I heard he was cleared but wouldn't play unless he was 100%....?

What is with this guy...? Dropped Richard Rodgers for him before last week as my bench TE...that turned out great.
I hear he has been cleared to play and the decision is his. From what others are saying is that he's a ####cakes for not being out there helping his team! Not sure if there is any validity to that or not? Cleared to play but not playing...hmmm.

I hear he has been cleared to play and the decision is his. From what others are saying is that he's a ####cakes for not being out there helping his team! Not sure if there is any validity to that or not? Cleared to play but not playing...hmmm.
I'd like to see a link. Just for clarification really.

His team isn't making the playoffs whether he plays or not. I'd put my health first as well.

As an aside, Winston impresses me that much more given ASJ's and Vincent Jackson's long-term absences.

No link, I heard one of the talking heads on Sirius / XM fantasy radio talk about him in this regard. It was John Hansen I think? He said he didn't want any part of a guy not willing to give it a go when he is cleared to play. So, I really don't know what's going on with ASJ?

No link, I heard one of the talking heads on Sirius / XM fantasy radio talk about him in this regard. It was John Hansen I think? He said he didn't want any part of a guy not willing to give it a go when he is cleared to play. So, I really don't know what's going on with ASJ?

Users who are viewing this thread