What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Happy Easter (1 Viewer)

otello

Footballguy
Luke 24:1-12

But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, they came to the tomb, bringing the spices which they had prepared. And they found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. And it happened that while they were perplexed about this, behold, two men suddenly stood near them in dazzling apparel; and as the women were terrified and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, "Why do you seek the living One among the dead? "He is not here, but He has risen. Remember how He spoke to you while He was still in Galilee, saying that the Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again." And they remembered His words, and returned from the tomb and reported all these things to the eleven and to all the rest. Now they were Mary Magdalene and Joanna and Mary the mother of James; also the other women with them were telling these things to the apostles. And these words appeared to them as nonsense, and they would not believe them. But Peter arose and ran to the tomb; stooping and looking in, he saw the linen wrappings only; and he went away to his home, marveling at that which had happened.

It's a day that is more special to me with each passing year.  I take a lot of my religious beliefs with a grain of salt, choosing to believe in the stories and the lessons from a metaphorical standpoint.  

For me, today is a day of celebration for the timeless values Jesus lived and died preaching - that a true God-like existence is based on love, compassion, forgiveness and sacrifice.  It is also a day of hope - that if one aspires to such beliefs there's the promise of ascending into a higher spiritual realm.

Happy Easter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Favorite memory of Easter growing up was going to a restaurant that was serving Hasenpfeffer Stew on Easter. Thought that was wonderful evilness.

Happy Easter!

ETA: That an our family tradition of driving down Main Street in our town on our way to church, and counting Christmas Wreaths that we still up!

Last edited by a moderator:
The best part of Easter is every neighbor, family member, stranger I see seems a bit happier.  When everyone around you is dressed up in bright colors, smiling, and greeting each other it’s hard not to be more optimistic about the future.

Users who are viewing this thread