What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Davante Adams, LV (2 Viewers)

Kinda want to drop him but my WW is pretty bare. At this point I have to wait until next week anyway. Tyler Lockett? Alfred Morris? 2nd Defense?

Last edited by a moderator:
He's trash. And all this missed time is gonna sink him.
In dynasty, you couldn't be more wrong.
Other than the situaton, which is exceptional, what's good about HIM ? As a player?
Great college career (2 years), established himself as the #3 WR in Green Bay by midseason of his rookie year (played over 70% of snaps). Had a great preseason and was the clear #2 after Nelson went down. Doesn't drop the ball, makes the acrobatic catches, fearless working inside - Packers love him, definitely an NFL starting quality WR.
is this where I ask for an update?

As everyone is jumping ship, i think i'm going to start getting on and see how cheap i might be able to get him in some dynasty leagues. it's been a rough year all-around for the packers offense. it's only his 2nd year and he's been banged up and asked to do quite a bit.

As everyone is jumping ship, i think i'm going to start getting on and see how cheap i might be able to get him in some dynasty leagues. it's been a rough year all-around for the packers offense. it's only his 2nd year and he's been banged up and asked to do quite a bit.
This. Adams is a hold for sure. Then drops are a mental thing. For some people, drops can be a problem that compounds itself because it gets in your head. There's a reason Rodgers keeps giving him.so many targets. He practices with him every day. If he had no confidence, he wouldn't look his way so often. I think one day, we'll all look back and say 'remember how bad this guy was his first year as a starter?'.

Sabertooth said:
Just about cuttable play. You don't need a guy like this. I'd rather see what Janis could do.
Janis isn't ready. He blew at least 2 assignments on Thursday night. One was a WR screen and he totally wiffed on two CHI DBs.

I saw that, pathetic. For a team that supposedly had such great depth at wide receiver, it sure got exposed. Thompson needs to pull his head out of his ### on some of these pick. Randall is garbage. Afraid to hit. Datone Jones over DeAndre Hopkins is absolutely terrible. Heck they'd be undefeated right now if they had Hopkins. Jones is just a rotation guy.

Just watched the second half on DVR.

Davante flat out dropped the game-winning pass on 4th down, and had at least two other drops that I remember.

Brutal.

He actually had a surprisingly good catch on 3rd down on the Pack last drive. Maybe I'm like most here where I've rostered him waiting for the breakout; but have been disappointed. He seems talented, but is missing the aggressiveness to claim his space and make plays on the ball. As a Ravens fan, reminds me of Torrey Smith in a way.

He actually had a surprisingly good catch on 3rd down on the Pack last drive. Maybe I'm like most here where I've rostered him waiting for the breakout; but have been disappointed. He seems talented, but is missing the aggressiveness to claim his space and make plays on the ball. As a Ravens fan, reminds me of Torrey Smith in a way.
Watch that catch again. He bobbled the ball and almost dropped it. Even when making a big play he almost botched it.

Just watched the second half on DVR.

Davante flat out dropped the game-winning pass on 4th down, and had at least two other drops that I remember.

Brutal.
he had several drops that game. The last one in the end zone was not one of them.
Not sure if he was credited with a drop in the stats, but the ball hit him in both hands and a good receiver catches that ball.

He had a terrible game. Horrendous. He also had a sure long catch and run TD taken away by a botched call by the refs (encroachment that wasn't unabated, stopped the play). If not for that botched call, GB wins and Adams' terrible game is slightly less terrible.

He had a terrible game. Horrendous. He also had a sure long catch and run TD taken away by a botched call by the refs (encroachment that wasn't unabated, stopped the play). If not for that botched call, GB wins and Adams' terrible game is slightly less terrible.
That was Cobb not Adams

Next Gen Stats notebook: Todd Gurley's vanishing act

Except:

Davante Adams, relentlessly hyped by the Packers all offseason, has been abysmal, dropping four passes including the potential game-winner versus Chicago. Shaky hands aren't the only issue. Adams hasn't topped 15.00 mph with the ball since Week 9. According to the analytics site numberFire, Adams' 2015 season is one of the least efficient of the past 15 years. On the receiving end of passes from the best quarterback of the past half-decade, Adams' performance has been one of the season's true head-scratchers.

Next Gen Stats notebook: Todd Gurley's vanishing act

Except:

Davante Adams, relentlessly hyped by the Packers all offseason, has been abysmal, dropping four passes including the potential game-winner versus Chicago. Shaky hands aren't the only issue. Adams hasn't topped 15.00 mph with the ball since Week 9. According to the analytics site numberFire, Adams' 2015 season is one of the least efficient of the past 15 years. On the receiving end of passes from the best quarterback of the past half-decade, Adams' performance has been one of the season's true head-scratchers.
So he is the worst player in football and we are not just making it up? I believe this to be the case.

JFC, the Packers left Allen Robinson, Donte Moncrief, John Brown, and Martavis Bryant all on the board to take this clown. I'm done.

Rotoworld:

Davante Adams said he is still "pissed off" about his performance against the Bears Thanksgiving.

"It’s hard to let it go," Adams said. "You really want to have that, they call it, the DB mentality. Just let it go, and go to the next play. Forget about it. But it’s hard." Adams has been inefficient early in his career despite playing with Aaron Rodgers, but he has been particularly bad recently. Adams has converted just 15-of-36 targets for 129 scoreless yards the last three games. If Adams cannot improve quickly he may begin losing snaps to Jared Abbrederis (ribs) and Jeff Janis.

Source: Packers News

Dec 1 - 12:39 PM

kutta said:
Sabertooth said:
JFC, the Packers left Allen Robinson, Donte Moncrief, John Brown, and Martavis Bryant all on the board to take this clown. I'm done.
Yeah, that's pretty bad
Teddy knows how to evaluate that talent though. Bumbs me out as a Packer fan to see this.

Sabertooth said:
He needs to let it go. What he needs more is to not suck.
I think its quite comical that in one thread you are ripping Ted Thompson for not drafting Josh Norman, and in this one, you're ripping him for taking Davante Adams. Josh Norman was inactive for 5 games in his second year because he wasn't good enough to dress on game day. The Panthers supposedly considered cutting him going into his 3rd season, and he started that year as a reserve CB.

Its not just you Saber, there's plenty of people around here that have the patience of a flea.

Sabertooth said:
He needs to let it go. What he needs more is to not suck.
I think its quite comical that in one thread you are ripping Ted Thompson for not drafting Josh Norman, and in this one, you're ripping him for taking Davante Adams. Josh Norman was inactive for 5 games in his second year because he wasn't good enough to dress on game day. The Panthers supposedly considered cutting him going into his 3rd season, and he started that year as a reserve CB.

Its not just you Saber, there's plenty of people around here that have the patience of a flea.
I posted a little before in this thread that this is where he actually rises to the occasion or wilts. Given his increased vocals this week, I am hoping its the former.

I think the "does not separate" community is short-cited here. His game was never speed and massive separation. It has always been body position and high pointing balls. He was supposed to be a "beast" of a receiver and not a Randy Moss type. In college he and Car worked some magic. He was especially great on the fade route. I thought that would be some bread-n-butter for him and Rogers in the NFL, and I am surprised it has not materialized yet. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D1Le9FmIe0)

He is likely slowed a bit by the ankle, and that little ailment is a massive difference in the NFL between daylight and coverage. This is especially true given Adam's game. It may also be in his head so much that he is overthinking the catch/run and that is leading to some drops.

Admittedly, this is all speculative, but I wanted to offer since I agree with your point regarding patience (especially in dynasty).

Will Slay be covering Adams tonight's?
Thinking so. I'd say Rodgers will make a point to go to him because of the issues last week and what's been said of it but he may have to wait until plays Slay isn't on him. Slay been so solid.

This might be a Randall Cobb game.

Thinking so. I'd say Rodgers will make a point to go to him because of the issues last week and what's been said of it but he may have to wait until plays Slay isn't on him. Slay been so solid.

Slay was on James Jones last time they played. Shut him out. I doubt they'd waste him on Jones again. It'll be Adams or Cobb.

Thinking so. I'd say Rodgers will make a point to go to him because of the issues last week and what's been said of it but he may have to wait until plays Slay isn't on him. Slay been so solid.This might be a Randall Cobb game.
It's lights out if so IMO. He's supposedly still nursing the ankle and not full speed. That and Slay, an emerging elite cover CB, means bad news. Welcome to the bench, Adams.

Why wouldn't Slay be on Cobb?
That['s my question. This entire thread seems to be about how terrible Adams is. How he can't get separation and then drops the ball if he does. But in the next breath, they think Detroit will waste their all-world cover guy on him.

Why wouldn't Slay be on Cobb?
That['s my question. This entire thread seems to be about how terrible Adams is. How he can't get separation and then drops the ball if he does. But in the next breath, they think Detroit will waste their all-world cover guy on him.
Some teams are reluctant to use their best corner to shadow the slot.

I don't know if that's true of Detroit. Wish I knew because I don't know if I can trust Cobb in a must-win game.

Rotoworld:

Davante Adams - WR - Packers

Davante Adams caught 4-of-7 targets for 21 yards and a touchdown in Green Bay's Week 13 win over the Lions.

One of Adams' missed connections was a drop. Adams' touchdown came on his 67th target of the year. As CBS announcer Jim Nantz noted during the broadcast, Adams had the most looks without a touchdown of any receiver in the league before his score. Struggling to separate, and muffing passes even when he does, Adams will be a WR4 for next week's game against the Cowboys.

Dec 4 - 12:33 AM

Users who are viewing this thread