What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Davante Adams, LV (1 Viewer)

So glad I sat him thinking he wouldn't play, then worried how effective he'd be. Seems pretty rare for someone to get concussed on a Sunday, then come back and play on a Thursday. Much less put up these numbers...
 He was what WR55-60 in most PPR formats. There plenty reason not to start him if he were completely healthy.  some dude who had to start him due to lack of options or even "better" who could not get him out of the line-up because of the thurs game is going to ride this performance to victory. gotta love this hobby sometimes. 

Last edited by a moderator:
 He was what WR55-60 in most PPR formats. There plenty reason not to start him if he were completely healthy.  some dude who had to start him due to lack of options or even "better" who could not get him out of the line-up because of the thurs game is going to ride this performance to victory. gotta love this hobby sometimes. 
Little misleading.  He's been pretty good, just got concussed in week 6, and already had his bye

Full ppr:

3.6 (Vikings)

Bye

5.4 (concussion)

28/350/5. On pace for 75/933/13

Offense has struggled, lots of mouths to feed. How viable is it that Adams can consistently contribute to a FF squad as a flex option?

Is he (and the offense) too unpredictable?

Will he have any semblance of a consistent floor?

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
Offense has struggled, lots of mouths to feed. How viable is it that Adams can consistently contribute to a FF squad as a flex option?

Is he (and the offense) too unpredictable?

Will he have any semblance of a consistent floor?
I used to think I knew what a floor was until I watched Julio's three game stretch recently.

1/16/0

12/300/1

2/29/0

I feel comfortable saying this:  The Packers are gonna skew heavy to the pass going forward.  They have no RBs.  They will use the short pass in lieu of the run.  Adams gets targeted frequently on short routes, although that is not the extent of his game.  His game is not speed (although its not bad), its his ability to break ankles on his routes.  Its also his leaping ability.  Here's Adams targets to date:  7,7,2,8,3,16.  The 3 target game was the game he left early due to concussion.  With the increased passing I'm expecting, I think Adams can average 8-9 targets/game going forward.  That should put him on the FF WR2 radar.  

He was dropped this week. The way our system works, TNF participants are locked until the next weekly WW.

I'll be making my biggest bid of the season next week.

Lightbulb go on?  He had the look of a bonafide WR1 last night.  I know its one game, with no running backs and against a bad defense...but 16 targets?  That kind of volume is great, but even more importantly is that he looked very good.  Elusive, sure-handed, and open!  Its been frustrating waiting for him to come alive, and I am sure a lot of people gave up on him, but it looks like those who were patient will reap the benefits.  I dont think this is a one-game wonder. They could pass 50 times in every game, and if he is getting those kind of looks, and looking even close to that good getting them, he could be a key piece down the stretch.

Me too. Nelson had 1 catch. He's like every other wr3 out there. Will have some big games and some duds but good luck figuring out when.
Except I'm not sure he's the number 3 anymore.  Rodgers has been looking his way a lot this year and Jordy isn't the same WR as pre acl tear Jordy Nelson and at his age I'm not sure he'll ever be the same.

I wouldn't expect him to put up last nights numbers but I think he sees 8-10 targets a game going forward he can be a nice WR 2 like Kitrick mentioned a few posts ago.

Guy looked like a carbon copy of Crabtree last night. Amazing how different he looks this year. What happened to the stone hands?!?
Huge improvements here.   I'm eating my words that he is bad,  as he looked great last night.   Players can change,  and we don't always know how injured they are I suppose. 

I would only remind people that this was against Chicago.  A team playing their 3rd string QB.  That defense was on the field for 40 minutes of the game.  I don't think you will see many games with that lopsided of a TOP.

I would only remind people that this was against Chicago.  A team playing their 3rd string QB.  That defense was on the field for 40 minutes of the game.  I don't think you will see many games with that lopsided of a TOP.
This is certainly true, but 16 targets would be a decent number even if they had the ball for all 60 minutes.

Kitrick Taylor said:
Little misleading.  He's been pretty good, just got concussed in week 6, and already had his bye

Full ppr:

3.6 (Vikings)

Bye

5.4 (concussion)

28/350/5. On pace for 75/933/13
Based the information prior to last night, there was not much  reason to start a hit or miss fantasy WR4-5 who was was coming off a concussion on a short week.  He had not had a game with more than 8 targets, Aaron R. had been inconsistent with his accuracy, and the entire passing game had underperformed. Adding another WR to the field (even as a RB)  muddied that picture more. Sorry, Adams was ooops(bleeping thurs night)  or I have nothing better or a dart throw. Sometime dart throws hit bullseye...like last night. 

Jordy isn't the same WR as pre acl tear Jordy Nelson and at his age I'm not sure he'll ever be the same.

I wouldn't expect him to put up last nights numbers but I think he sees 8-10 targets a game going forward he can be a nice WR 2 like Kitrick mentioned a few posts ago.
Not just the ACL with Jordy but when he tore his ACL he was just getting back on field from major hip surgery. So he's had two significant lower body surgeries since he last played. I've thought all year he can't run but was masking it to fantasy community based on volume and TD's.  It looked to me like last night Green Bay decided to quit acting like he's old Jordy and stop forcing him the ball.

He could get his legs under him again but reality is he's come off his bye week and gotten progressively worse.

Agree with sentiment that Adams should be solid for 8-10 targets a game on average and a rock solid WR2. I'd venture to guess that was his best fantasy game of his career last night, ever I mean, but I think he's here to stay as useful piece to Pack and fantasy teams.

Guy looked like a carbon copy of Crabtree last night. Amazing how different he looks this year. What happened to the stone hands?!?
Not the first time I've watched him this year & thought he's a different guy this year. Butv the volume hasn't been there.

Adams is such a classic case of a guy burning tons of people one year & everyone refusing to believe the next year. Guys do progress as they learn their craft. But it's cool, opinions vary. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Based the information prior to last night, there was not much  reason to start a hit or miss fantasy WR4-5 who was was coming off a concussion on a short week.  He had not had a game with more than 8 targets, Aaron R. had been inconsistent with his accuracy, and the entire passing game had underperformed. Adding another WR to the field (even as a RB)  muddied that picture more. Sorry, Adams was ooops(bleeping thurs night)  or I have nothing better or a dart throw. Sometime dart throws hit bullseye...like last night. 
I'd agree there was little reason to start him going into Thursday night.  I was just suggesting that he had actually played pretty well leading up to that game.  It just got a bit lost in the shuffle given the bye, the concussion, and having one game vs the Vikings.  (who have basically erased all WRs to date).  

menobrown said:
Not just the ACL with Jordy but when he tore his ACL he was just getting back on field from major hip surgery. So he's had two significant lower body surgeries since he last played. I've thought all year he can't run but was masking it to fantasy community based on volume and TD's.  It looked to me like last night Green Bay decided to quit acting like he's old Jordy and stop forcing him the ball.

He could get his legs under him again but reality is he's come off his bye week and gotten progressively worse.

Agree with sentiment that Adams should be solid for 8-10 targets a game on average and a rock solid WR2. I'd venture to guess that was his best fantasy game of his career last night, ever I mean, but I think he's here to stay as useful piece to Pack and fantasy teams.
Prior to his last game he was getting 5-8 targets. I don't know that changes based on his one game explosion. Low end WR3 imo. I'd like to see double digit targets more than once to change my mind.

I still see some bad drops and routes in 2016 but he seems on the upswing. This was only his 4th career 100-yard game but he has scored in 5 of his last 7.

Prior to his last game he was getting 5-8 targets. I don't know that changes based on his one game explosion. Low end WR3 imo. I'd like to see double digit targets more than once to change my mind.
Well some people, myself included, are projected something in range of that end total so in the 8-10 range.  He had to leave one game early with a concussion and in the other games was averaging 6 targets a game.

In terms of what changed however, I mean kind of a lot and it's all been discussed. Most notably is they can't run so more passes=more targets.

No doubt there will likely be more passes.  However, Adams was clearly third in the pecking order behind Jordy and Cobb. Does this one game mean Adams will be the top target going forward? He could end up option 4 behind Montgomery. IDK.

Nelson (WR8 PPG full PPR) targets this season:

1. 9
  2. 11
  3. 7
  4. bye
  5. 13
  6. 7
  7. 4
  8. 9
  9. 13
  10. 18
(50-635-8)

Adams (WR12) targets this season:

1. 7
  2. 7
  3. 2 (game flow)
  4. bye
  5. 8
  6. 3 (concussed)
  7. 16
  8. 14
  9. 8
  10. 9
(50-621-6)

Cobb (WR30) targets this season:

1. 8
  2. 7
  3. 3 (game flow)
  4. bye
  5. 11
  6. 11
  7. 15
  8. injured DNP
  9. 2
  10. 8
(45-433-3)

There's the Adams I thought would emerge last season when he had every opportunity to do so.  Probably sold too soon in Dynasty.  I was so hyped on him coming into the league, drafted him in both dynasty leagues, sold him in both.  It is the bears.
I sold him in both leagues I had him in too,  but there were buyers paying full value while he was getting outplayed by Jared Abbrederis and others. I just had to do it... Too much risk involved at that time.  It probably wasn't even the wrong move at the time even though Adams is making us look foolish in hindsight -  depending on what we got in return I guess..  

I congratulate the owners in my leagues who had the stones to buy him when he was looking like he would be a victim of Green Bay's supposed WR stable of youth. 

I sold him in both leagues I had him in too,  but there were buyers paying full value while he was getting outplayed by Jared Abbrederis and others. I just had to do it... Too much risk involved at that time.  It probably wasn't even the wrong move at the time even though Adams is making us look foolish in hindsight -  depending on what we got in return I guess..  
You are saying us and we, so is there more than one person that runs your team?

I got him a week before Josh Gordon was set to return.  Gave up Gordon and Conley and got Adams and Martavis Bryant.  Life is good!

Not sure of your keeper details but Adams is taking over in GB.  Nelson looks slow. Maybe his injury recovery is not complete. Maybe he is getting old. 
Standard league/scoring. I picked him up off WW early in the year, so he'd be a round 8 keeper. I'm guessing he'd get drafted a few rounds higher. New to this keeper thing though.

I've been rotating him and Kelley at my flex the last 3 weeks. Started Kelley 3 weeks ago, Adams two weeks ago, and Kelley this week. :wall:

Standard league/scoring. I picked him up off WW early in the year, so he'd be a round 8 keeper. I'm guessing he'd get drafted a few rounds higher. New to this keeper thing though.
Looks like a great keeper for round 8.  Adams and Jordy will likely be WR1A and WR1B next year if Jordy does not regain some speed and explosiveness in the offseason.  Adams looks like he could pass Nelson.  Cobb is a great fit for the GB slot WR.   

You are saying us and we, so is there more than one person that runs your team?
No I meant myself and the other poster who unloaded him.   I got Devante Freeman straight up and Aaron Rodgers in a package in the other deal I made.   I since flipped Rodgers for Watkins. 

Can he be trusted to put up points?

I feel this matchup blows...yet he may be my best shot at putting up "big points".  Such a boom or bust type of guy that Im likely taking the safe route and Fitz's 8-9 points.

I feel this matchup blows...yet he may be my best shot at putting up "big points".  Such a boom or bust type of guy that Im likely taking the safe route and Fitz's 8-9 points.
It's so weird I have no confidence in him but he's a top 10 wr. Yeah he has some duds but so does Julio and we keep rolling him out. I think the matchup isn't terrible. No earl Thomas and gb at home with no chance to run on Seattle. Should be a high scoring game.

Bovada has him at 58.5 yds. and his odds to score are around the same they always are.  My other choice is Watkins.  Im rolling Adams

I'd like to thank Davante Adams for dropping two easy TD passes yesterday.  Without your colossal ####-ups, I wouldn't be in the championship game.  

You the real MVP. 

Users who are viewing this thread