Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Official Davante Adams - Packers WR, Dynasty & Redraft

6 hours ago, hispeedthinmint said:

Who would most of you rather have this year & beyond in PPR dynasty; Evans or D. Adams?

Adams, and it's not even close.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, hispeedthinmint said:

Who would most of you rather have this year & beyond in PPR dynasty; Evans or D. Adams?

Adams, but it is close.

20 hours ago, hispeedthinmint said:

Adams, but pretty close for me.

• Like 1

Adams. In PPR, not close. 

I think Evans is better in standard scoring than in PPR, but even then I'd take Adams. But only by a single RCH. 

Aaron Rodgers said he would "like to throw to Davante [Adams] more."

"He’s that open. We’ve got to keep finding ways to get him the ball," Rodgers continued. Adams finished second in the league with 169 targets last season, just one behind Julio Jones, so it is unlikely he sees a big jump to his target total. The Packers did not add anyone of note at receiver this offseason, however, and it remains to be seen if their trio of sophomores will step up behind Adams and a now-healthy Geronimo Allison. Barring an injury, Adams should finish near the top of the league in targets, and he has proven what he can do with those looks over the last three years. Adams is a no-brainer first-round pick.

SOURCE: ESPN

Jun 6, 2019, 8:59 AM ET

Anyone do or see any Adams trades in dynasty PPR? Wondering how much I'd have to give. I'd like to keep Evans so I can start them both lol

2 hours ago, hispeedthinmint said:

Anyone do or see any Adams trades in dynasty PPR? Wondering how much I'd have to give. I'd like to keep Evans so I can start them both lol

see the dynasty trade thread I bought him today

2 hours ago, hispeedthinmint said:

few weeks back I gave up Pettis, Sutton and Marlon Mack.....3 Jacks for an Ace

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

few weeks back I gave up Pettis, Sutton and Marlon Mack.....3 Jacks for an Ace

Sweet.

I like Adams more but I see the case for Evans. Arian’s history definitely makes me bullish on Evans. Ultimately it cones down to trusting Rodgers more than I trust Winston.

Davante Adams secured four catches for 36 yards on eight targets Thursday in Green Bay’s Week 1 win over the Bears.

Adams never made much headway in this one, managing a long gain of only 11 yards. Kyle Fuller deserves credit for keeping him in check most of the night. Obviously it didn't help that Aaron Rodgers (five sacks) barely had time to throw with the Bears' elite pass-rush breathing down his neck. This probably wasn't the opening week fantasy owners had envisioned for Adams, but better times should be ahead for the stud wide receiver. He faces an imposing matchup next week against Vikings corner Xavier Rhodes, though Adams delivered usable stat lines in each of his encounters with Minnesota last year (8-64-1 and 5-69-1).

Sep 6, 2019, 12:22 AM ET

This season for Adams is absolutely puzzling.  

He was easily the most consistent WR in fantasy last year; scored TDs no matter whether you put Xavier Rhodes or any other shutdown CB.  

Conservative offense now for lafleur. They're 3-0 now so don't expect things to change. I'd sell if you can. 

guys an afterthought right now. screws me every year one way or another

Rodgers is old and the Packers run a conservative offense, Adams is still probably a top 12 WR, but he's definitely fallen out of the Hopkins/Julio tier. 

Killing me too. Not sure why I picked three players I had some questions about for this season (Adams, OJ Howard and Damian Williams), but I did and now I am paying for it.

1 hour ago, oddsbodkins said:

I love buying low. Too bad I can't buy my whole roster again... (Adams, Nuk, Mixon, Sony, Ertz).

If it makes you feel better I'd buy almost any of them from you

• Thanks 1

Ryan Wood @ByRyanWood

Davante Adams this season: 15 catches, 198 yards.

Adams first 3 drives vs Vikings: 4 catches, 81 yards.

That's 26% of catches and 40% of yards in less than 8% of GB's possessions. And those 3 drives accounted for almost half of GB's 7 TD drives on the year.

He needs the ball.

Great start, but could have had 2 TD’s already too.

5 minutes ago, bolldpt said:

Ugh looks like the dreaded turf toe😡

yeah... he looked pretty uncomfortable. I would guess its a grade 2 or 3 injury (multi-week)

Unbelievable. Great night absolutely ruined by turf toe. 

• Sad 1

Rodgers awful throws to him in the EZ a direct cause to the injury sustained later. Probably looking at a 2-4 week timetable. Packers are in big trouble without him. As am I. 

19 minutes ago, bolldpt said:

Ugh looks like the dreaded turf toe😡

Yeah, it does. 

2 to 4 weeks, I'd say.   

would he really being pulling up on his toe like that if it was turf toe? I thought that type of hyper-extension is what causes it in the first place.

1 minute ago, Penguin said:

would he really being pulling up on his toe like that if it was turf toe? I thought that type of hyper-extension is what causes it in the first place.

What I saw was him just grabbing and squeezing it which looked like him extending it. Just the mechanism of the injury looked like it could be a turf toe mechanism

Davante Adams caught 10-fo-15 targets for 180 yards in the Packers' Week 3 loss to the Eagles before departing with a toe injury.

With the Packers driving late, Adams got his toe caught in the turf, marring what had been a career night. His previous best yardage total was 166. Adams was tearing holes in the Eagles' undermanned secondary, nearly scoring a 65-yard touchdown on the Packers' opening drive. He had to settle for a 58-yard reception. Adams added a 40-yard reception in the second quarter. He tried to stay in the game following his injury but could be seen limping heavily on the sideline. Toe injuries are no laughing matter, though Adams does have 10 days to get healthy for Green Bay's Week 5 trip to Dallas.

Edited by The Frankman

Davante Adams conducted his postgame interview holding his right shoe in his hand. He called it a turf toe injury and said it's so painful "I don't even want to try" to put his shoe on

Please God no

• Sad 1

Great lost Henry,  hill, cam, now Adams. 

Yeah this doesn't look like Adams will play next week. Depends on his pain tolerance and how much swelling he has overnight.

8 minutes ago, swabs said:

Great lost Henry,  hill

He’s in the witness protection program.

• Like 4
  • Thinking 1

If he has turf toe, 2-4 weeks is extremely optimistic.  My recollection of players in the past who had it were bothered by it all season long.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

If he has turf toe, 2-4 weeks is extremely optimistic.  My recollection of players in the past who had it were bothered by it all season long.  

unfortunately.... this