What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Davante Adams, LV (1 Viewer)

Rotoworld:

Davante Adams said he's battling turf toe.

He delivered a career-high in yards (180) before a right toe injury put an end to his night Thursday in a loss to Philadelphia. Adams claimed to be in so much pain after the game he didn't "even want to try" putting his shoe back on. None of it sounds promising, though at least Adams will have 10 days to rest up before Green Bay heads to Dallas in Week 5. Marquez Valdes-Scantling and Geronimo Allison would both be in line for more work if Adams misses time.

SOURCE: Rob Demovsky on Twitter

Sep 27, 2019, 8:18 AM ET

Packers WR Adams says he has turf toe injury

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody hear if it's a grade 1,2, or 3 yet?
Not yet. The update should come in later today.

Davante Adams’ Turf Toe Injury: How Long Is Packers WR Recovery Time?

Excerpt:

Grade 1: Slight pain, no tear of the ligaments in the joint. Result: Player can return to the game or maybe miss a little action.

Grade 2: Modern pain, partial tear with some bruising. Result: Players misses several days or up to two weeks.

Grade 3: Considerable pain, complete tear with swelling, bruising. Result: Player out 1 to four months.

With the amount of pain that Adams said that he was in last night, it is either a Grade 2 or Grade 3 turf toe injury.

Allison is on the WW, and my bench WR's are Allan Robinson, D-Jax, Mecole Hardman. You guys think I could tread water with this until Adam's is back 100%, or worth a bid for Allison if there's nothing more pressing I need to make a move for?

Anybody hear if it's a grade 1,2, or 3 yet?

Not yet. The update should come in later today.

Davante Adams’ Turf Toe Injury: How Long Is Packers WR Recovery Time?

Excerpt:

With the amount of pain that Adams said that he was in last night, it is either a Grade 2 or Grade 3 turf toe injury.
The chart on that site seems a little odd.  So if it's grade 2 it's about on avg 1 week and grade 3 would be about 8 weeks?  Has to be lots of room in between there.  I'd be surprised if he only misses 1-2 weeks, but doubt he misses 8.  My guess is he misses 3 weeks and comes back for the Chiefs game.  If it's bad, could see him missing 6 and holding him out until the Bye.

Turf Toe

Not as much information here on the recovery time for a grade 3 injury; however, the recovery time is influenced if surgery is required.

Career ender for Deion. After that playing out back in the day, I want nothing to do with a Turf Toe injured player. Lots of game starts, then some limping, then on the bench the rest of the game. Frustrating injury it seems.

that is good to hear. Have him miss the next couple games just to play it safe IMO, the last thing we want is some aggravation. If you even have just a little discomfort in your toe/foot you won't be the same player on the field.

I'm having a little bit of difficulty reconciling "sources saying not believed to be serious"...with Adams himself saying his foot hurt so bad he "didn't even want to try" putting his shoe on.
You never stubbed your toe before and wanted to cut it off to end the misery?

Milkman said:
When LeVeon Bell had his turf toe he wasn't right until the following year. He tried to play through it but wasn't close to the same player. 
just sent a dyno trade offer:  bell for adams. 

thoughts?

This will more than likely affect his play all year. Even when he’s in the line-up it’s unlikely he’ll be his same dynamic self. This type of injury completely derailed one of Eddie George’s seasons, for those old enough to remember 🙂

This will more than likely affect his play all year. Even when he’s in the line-up it’s unlikely he’ll be his same dynamic self. This type of injury completely derailed one of Eddie George’s seasons, for those old enough to remember 🙂
Yup. I agree. The explosion won't be there but maybe hope on a lot of jump ball TDs *crossingfingers

I don’t know the answer to that, but I’d suggest looking at past history. A bad MRI is bad of course but I’m not sure a negative MRI is automatically ‘good’.
Past history is 2 days to career ender. But idk what each individual MRI was for those. I'm cautiously optimistic though, going to guess he misses one game.

Didn't Julio have career numbers the year he came back from it? You just don't know sadly... and you really can't bench him if he's playing on Sundays.

Didn't Julio have career numbers the year he came back from it? You just don't know sadly... and you really can't bench him if he's playing on Sundays.
Probably irrelevant, as I obviously was nowhere near the athlete Adams is, nor did I have an NFL level training staff, but when I played D-II TE in the mid-2000's, I got turf toe my senior year, I missed 2 games, because I could barely get a shoe to fit right, and the pain when you bend your toes is crazy, and hard to control, because you don't totally control your toe movement. I came back after 2 weeks, and could basically only block, I could run just fine straight, but cutting was horrible, and was probably at half speed, and it never got better, until after the season, and still 15 years later has some occasional discomfort. 

Hopefully for Adams, he'll heal faster/better, but in my opinion, I'd probably rank him around WR10 when he comes back, whenever that is, which I would guess will be no earlier than week 7.

I don’t know the answer to that, but I’d suggest looking at past history. A bad MRI is bad of course but I’m not sure a negative MRI is automatically ‘good’.
Right. It does seem like it often plays out this way from previous cases, but I honestly don't have anything but anecdotal examples in mind. 

Probably irrelevant, as I obviously was nowhere near the athlete Adams is, nor did I have an NFL level training staff, but when I played D-II TE in the mid-2000's, I got turf toe my senior year, I missed 2 games, because I could barely get a shoe to fit right, and the pain when you bend your toes is crazy, and hard to control, because you don't totally control your toe movement. I came back after 2 weeks, and could basically only block, I could run just fine straight, but cutting was horrible, and was probably at half speed, and it never got better, until after the season, and still 15 years later has some occasional discomfort. 

Hopefully for Adams, he'll heal faster/better, but in my opinion, I'd probably rank him around WR10 when he comes back, whenever that is, which I would guess will be no earlier than week 7.
This sounds right to me, and thank you for the info. Very cool.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport confirms Davante Adams (toe) is not dealing with a long-term injury.

Adams faces an uphill battle to play Sunday at Dallas—he's yet to practice this week—though that could be the only game he misses according to Rapoport, who notes the Packers stud is dealing with a more mild form of turf toe. With Adams' status in doubt, look for Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Geronimo Allison and Jimmy Graham to see more involvement this week.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Oct 4, 2019, 8:54 AM ET

Davante Adams (toe) won't suit up Sunday against the Cowboys.

Marquez Valdes-Scantling should take over as the Packers' No. 1 WR with Adams sidelined. The Cowboys have allowed the second-fewest receiving yards per game to WRs lined up in the slot this season (per Sports Info Solutions), and MVS (28 targets) has easily been Rodgers' preferred target compared to Geronimo Allison (11) through four weeks. Jake Kumerow is expected to take Adams' spot in 3-WR sets.

SOURCE: Rob Demovsky on Twitter.

Oct 4, 2019, 3:38 PM ET

👀

....... anyone here anything about this week? I could maybe live without him this week 6, but week 7 I really could use him 
Nope and with a MNF game, those that want to start him better have another option. Luckily (if you could even say that) I have MVS and will play Dede over him so I can have the option of MVS/Adams.

Nope and with a MNF game, those that want to start him better have another option. Luckily (if you could even say that) I have MVS and will play Dede over him so I can have the option of MVS/Adams.
I guess 1 pt is better than 0, but no way I can play MVS again.

Maybe if I owned just him and Adams was playing, but that WR corps is complete garbage w/o Adams on the field.

Davante Adams (toe) did not practice on Thursday.

Today was the Packers' first injury report of the week ahead of their Monday night date with the Lions. Adams' injury has been billed as nothing serious, but he couldn't return after a 10-day layoff in Week 5 and is now in real danger of missing his second consecutive game. It is possible the Pack are keeping Adams off his feet for as long as possible, but he needs to get in at least a limited session on Friday or Saturday.

Oct 10, 2019, 1:55 PM ET

in a sneaker (no boot - today, or ever), no limp, & a smile on his face at practice (while he watched)  ....... MIGHT not be this week - but he will be playing sooner rather than later.

:2cents:

Today is like Wednesday for Monday night games. He still has a chance to play this week if he gets a limited in tomorrow

Edit: someone just quoted him he doesn't sound optimistic about Monday.

DAVANTE ADAMSWR, GREEN BAY PACKERS

According to ESPN Packers reporter Rob Demovsky, Davonte Adams (toe) is "not optimistic" about his availability for Monday's Week 6 game against the Lions.

It's been two weeks since Adams was first diagnosed with turf toe (he suffered the injury in a Thursday night loss to Philadelphia), though he's only made minimal progress in his recovery. "It doesn't feel how I want it to feel at the moment," Adams admitted after sitting out Thursday's practice. In all likelihood, the star wideout will be a spectator when the Packers host Detroit on Monday Night Football. With Adams headed for another absence, look for Green Bay to run its offense through Aaron Jones, who exploded for four touchdowns on a career-high 182 yards (107 rushing, 75 receiving) in last week's win over Dallas.

Oct 10, 2019, 4:20 PM ET

I’m just hoping he’s good to go next week after hearing him say it’s still bothering him. Week 8 Sunday night vs. KC is probably more realistic at this point. 

Schefter now reporting there's no timetable for his return. Davante calls this a "major injury." We'll, that's just great. Fwiw, maybe he misses one more game past this week. Anything more than that and it's AJ Green all over again. 

Users who are viewing this thread