What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Davante Adams, LV (1 Viewer)

Schefter now reporting there's no timetable for his return. Davante calls this a "major injury." We'll, that's just great. Fwiw, maybe he misses one more game past this week. Anything more than that and it's AJ Green all over again. 
Like I said when the injury first happen, Rapaport is an idiot and gets stuff wrong all the time. We are probably looking at a 4-6 week timeline.

This is exactly where I thought it would be 15 days after the injury. Turf toe sucks, and even when it feels ok, it feels all wrong the second you start trying to be back to normal. Adams probably could play this week, but I doubt he'd be better than any of their other WR's, because he'd be half speed. If he were asked to run a 3-cone right now, it'd probably be over 10 seconds. You don't realize how much you push off your toes when changing direction.

Schefter now reporting there's no timetable for his return. Davante calls this a "major injury." We'll, that's just great. Fwiw, maybe he misses one more game past this week. Anything more than that and it's AJ Green all over again. 
That was from yesterday after Adams said he wasnt sure. My guess is another week or two.

Sounds like Grade 2 turf toe

You’ll usually recover from a grade 1 injury in a few days to a week.

Grade 2 injuries usually take a few weeks to fully heal. You may not be allowed to play sports or do any exercise after a grade 2 injury for two or more weeks.

Grade 3 injuries can take months to heal. You may need to wear a cast for six or more weeks and have several follow-up appointments before your doctor allows you to play sports or exercise again.

Davante Adams (toe) has been ruled out for Week 6 against the Lions.

This was expected after Adams didn't practice all week. Marquez Valdes-Scantling and Geronimo Allison will continues to start, with Jake Kumerow playing in three-wide sets. Adams was given a 2-6 week timetable when he went down and has a chance to return in Week 7.

Oct 12, 2019, 1:42 PM ET

He's absolutely killed both of my teams. He wasnt doing anything before the injury except for the game he got hurt in. I can't get anything remotely decent for him.

I can't believe FBG still has him so high in redraft rest of season rankings. WR10, I could see him missing 2-4 more weeks and then who knows if he'll be 100% or effective.

Turf toe is a devasting injury to a WR that depends on suddenness in and out of his breaks. No science behind my opinion but I recall many WRs down through the years being hindered all season by it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Turf toe tends to linger through the season, and is easy to reaggrevate.  I downgraded Adams substantially for “rest of season” output even after he comes back.  No impact on dynasty value in my opinion, since an offseason of rest tends to fully cure it.

Adams owner here. 

For the doom & gloom crowd: the injury was believed to be a minor case. It didn’t require surgery, and Adams said it wasn’t bad. MRI confirmed it was the lowest grade. 

I doubt he misses more than another week, if that. He may be back this week.

its a sprained toe. Sprains heal. He didn’t do any ligament damage beyond the sprain, which is usually what’s going on with players hindered by it all year. 

i think some of y’all are blowing this out of proportion. We’ll see if he returns to practice - they certainly can use him. 

that said, Lazard is probably a good pickup regardless what with Allison & MVS both getting hurt / being ineffective. 

Turf toe tends to linger through the season, and is easy to reaggrevate.  I downgraded Adams substantially for “rest of season” output even after he comes back.  No impact on dynasty value in my opinion, since an offseason of rest tends to fully cure it.
Yes I'm not sure how anyone can spin this in a positive way. The big toe is one of the most i.portant for running; it's the last thing that leaves the ground and it does so by flexing from a maximally extended position. This puts a lot of strain on the ligament in question here (hundreds of pounds of force)

Ligaments have a poor blood supply and take a long time to heal. His sprain was minor (even a grade 1 sprain does damage to the ligament), but it's a lot more difficult to play through than a sprained ankle, which can be taped/braced, doesn't move as much as the toe, and isnt as easily aggravated. 

I own him in one league and I'm just hoping he can be full speed by fantasy playoffs. This is likely something that hampers him all season. my concern is that he aggravates it and then hes done for the year

Yes I'm not sure how anyone can spin this in a positive way. The big toe is one of the most i.portant for running; it's the last thing that leaves the ground and it does so by flexing from a maximally extended position. This puts a lot of strain on the ligament in question here (hundreds of pounds of force)

Ligaments have a poor blood supply and take a long time to heal. His sprain was minor (even a grade 1 sprain does damage to the ligament), but it's a lot more difficult to play through than a sprained ankle, which can be taped/braced, doesn't move as much as the toe, and isnt as easily aggravated. 

I own him in one league and I'm just hoping he can be full speed by fantasy playoffs. This is likely something that hampers him all season. my concern is that he aggravates it and then hes done for the year
It’s not spinning it as positive to correctly evaluate the severity of the injury.

Its a positive that the MRI came back clean. It’s a positive that it didn’t require surgery.  It’s a positive that Adams said it wasn’t that bad. 

That’s all positive news about what could have been a season-debilitating issue. 

Yes - it sucks he’s hurt. Yes, turf toe can linger - or he could bounce back this week.

But if all the possible diagnosis here, Adams seems to have received the most favorable one.  

We don’t at this time know that it’s going to debilitate him all season. So maybe spare the doom & gloom until we do?  :shrug:

Davante Adams (toe) "did not participate" Wednesday according to the Packers' estimated practice report.

The Packers did not actually practice, but they still have to estimate an injury report. Adams, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, and Geronimo Allison were all listed as DNPs, which explains why the Packers signed WR Ryan Grant earlier. Adams is still left without a timetable as he works his way through a turf toe. He'll need to get back onto the practice field before suiting up for a game.

SOURCE: Tom Silverstein on Twitter

Oct 16, 2019, 7:20 PM ET

Adams owner here. 

For the doom & gloom crowd: the injury was believed to be a minor case. It didn’t require surgery, and Adams said it wasn’t bad. MRI confirmed it was the lowest grade. 

I doubt he misses more than another week, if that. He may be back this week.

its a sprained toe. Sprains heal. He didn’t do any ligament damage beyond the sprain, which is usually what’s going on with players hindered by it all year. 

i think some of y’all are blowing this out of proportion. We’ll see if he returns to practice - they certainly can use him. 

that said, Lazard is probably a good pickup regardless what with Allison & MVS both getting hurt / being ineffective. 
I wouldn't call it doom and gloom. Toe injuries can be very serious, even ones that are considered low grade according to an MRI.  I wouldn't be trading for him, and I'd accept an offer for him if it was a good deal. 

I wouldn't call it doom and gloom. Toe injuries can be very serious, even ones that are considered low grade according to an MRI.  I wouldn't be trading for him, and I'd accept an offer for him if it was a good deal. 
It's also super easy to reaggrevate, like a lot of other players who has had this and the team wasn't patient. 

Yes. Exactly right. I'd sit him for at least a couple more weeks, if I were the Packers. If they keep winning, then a month. 
They can lose to KC and still be in good shape. Although KC hasnt looked fantastic lately. no need to rush him.back for the pack. This injury can turn bad on a dime, and I know you know that with your education

That’s not an unreasonable position. I was more referring to the assertion that he’ll be debilitated for the entire year. We have no evidence of that at present. It may be that they’re going to keep them out for another week and then see what he feels like. This definitely seems like a day to day or week to week situation.

So it will be the same song & dance for the next month. He might play, maybe not, he didnt practice, he feels good,  well not sure if he's ready. All the while burning a hole on your roster. Just tempted to cut because no one in either of my leagues is dumb enough to give anything of value for him. What a wasted effing pick. 

So it will be the same song & dance for the next month. He might play, maybe not, he didnt practice, he feels good,  well not sure if he's ready. All the while burning a hole on your roster. Just tempted to cut because no one in either of my leagues is dumb enough to give anything of value for him. What a wasted effing pick. 
I’m not sure about that… A guy in my league has been making offers that weren’t all that bad. I just didn’t feel like countering at this time. That said, I’m pretty stocked at wide receiver so I can afford to wait and see sure would be awesome to have a healthy Devante Adams for the playoffs and championship game.

For perspective, Tyreek Hill missed 4 games with what some thought was a 8-10 week injury. (Someone in this very topic suggested it’d be longer) 

his 2 TD: helped me win this week.

if Adams misses this week, that’s 3. Remember, he scored 30 in PPR the week he got hurt. 

unless the Packers IR him, I’m not gonna panic. I suspect he has a shot to play this week if he practices at all. 

That’s not an unreasonable position. I was more referring to the assertion that he’ll be debilitated for the entire year. We have no evidence of that at present. It may be that they’re going to keep them out for another week and then see what he feels like. This definitely seems like a day to day or week to week situation.
Week to week is best case scenario at this point.  He isn’t even close to getting back out there.  This has 3 weeks minimum written all over it.  And then what?

hes a bust at adp already.  If I took Thomas over him I would have 2 more wins minimum.  

Week to week is best case scenario at this point.  He isn’t even close to getting back out there.  This has 3 weeks minimum written all over it.  And then what?
link?

i’ve seen nothing of the sort suggested. 

hes a bust at adp already.  If I took Thomas over him I would have 2 more wins minimum.
I’m 5-1. His 30 point game & solid weekly floor contributed to 4 wins for me. 

sounds like you needed to draft better. 

It’s not spinning it as positive to correctly evaluate the severity of the injury.

Its a positive that the MRI came back clean. It’s a positive that it didn’t require surgery.  It’s a positive that Adams said it wasn’t that bad. 

That’s all positive news about what could have been a season-debilitating issue. 

Yes - it sucks he’s hurt. Yes, turf toe can linger - or he could bounce back this week.

But if all the possible diagnosis here, Adams seems to have received the most favorable one.  

We don’t at this time know that it’s going to debilitate him all season. So maybe spare the doom & gloom until we do?  :shrug:
How do you know the MRI came back clean and Adams said it wasn't that bad? I haven't seen that anywhere. 

The only positive report that came out was from Rapaport and I said immediately that that guy was full of ####. 

You do?  2 weeks is the line imo.  Guy hasn’t even attempted to practice.  
It’s a tip that Tyreek Hill didn’t attempt to practice after his injury either. Nor do people with other sprained body parts. 

but if Adams came out next Monday and practiced suddenly everything changes.

get off the ledge. It’s a FF injury. They happen. Being unrealistic about prognosis doesn’t help you or anyone here.

it is what it is. He’s week to week. He could wake up tomorrow feeling awesome & play this week. He’s not been ruled out yet. 

I’m not sure about that… A guy in my league has been making offers that weren’t all that bad. I just didn’t feel like countering at this time. That said, I’m pretty stocked at wide receiver so I can afford to wait and see sure would be awesome to have a healthy Devante Adams for the playoffs and championship game.

For perspective, Tyreek Hill missed 4 games with what some thought was a 8-10 week injury. (Someone in this very topic suggested it’d be longer) 

his 2 TD: helped me win this week.

if Adams misses this week, that’s 3. Remember, he scored 30 in PPR the week he got hurt. 

unless the Packers IR him, I’m not gonna panic. I suspect he has a shot to play this week if he practices at all. 
The thing is Hills injury is a healed. No change of reaggrevating it. Turf toe on the other hand could take weeks to heal and can very easily be reaggravated. Thankfully I have 3 other good wrs on my team so I'm in no rush for him to come back. 

How do you know the MRI came back clean and Adams said it wasn't that bad? I haven't seen that anywhere. 
Because the day after the injury, Adams was quoted as saying it wasn’t that bad. 

The only positive report that came out was from Rapaport and I said immediately that that guy was full of ####. 
The Tuesday after the injury rotoworld reported that he had an MRI and it was a low grade not requiring surgery.

just because you didn’t see those reports doesn't mean they didn’t happen. 

https://nesn.com/2019/09/davante-adams-injury-packers-wr-has-turf-toe-more-tests-to-come/

Unfortunately a more recent report indicates He has a torn ligament, but still does not require surgery, so a mix of negative & positive.

https://www.wbay.com/content/sports/Davante-Adams-calls-toe-injury-major-avoids-surgery-562755111.html

have a nice day. 

Because the day after the injury, Adams was quoted as saying it wasn’t that bad. 

The Tuesday after the injury rotoworld reported that he had an MRI and it was a low grade not requiring surgery.

just because you didn’t see those reports doesn't mean they didn’t happen. 

https://nesn.com/2019/09/davante-adams-injury-packers-wr-has-turf-toe-more-tests-to-come/

Unfortunately a more recent report indicates He has a torn ligament, but still does not require surgery, so a mix of negative & positive.

https://www.wbay.com/content/sports/Davante-Adams-calls-toe-injury-major-avoids-surgery-562755111.html

have a nice day. 
Nothing you said is in the articles posted :shrug:

The thing is Hills injury is a healed. No change of reaggrevating it. Turf toe on the other hand could take weeks to heal and can very easily be reaggravated. Thankfully I have 3 other good wrs on my team so I'm in no rush for him to come back. 
I am in the same position. TyHill, Lockett, Adams & Amari Cooper.

ive had exactly one week of all 4 on the field & only for 5 mins at that since Hill went down early game 1. 

but it’s a long season. I can’t cry over spilled milk. Shaking my fist at the sky doesn’t improve the situation, nor does being unrealistic about the prognosis. 

Julio Jones played through the same injury Adams has, and played really well IIRC.  So let’s give him time to heal up. If he misses 1-2 more games & comes back ok, then we’ll all benefit. 

and if he doesn’t, that’s the luck of the draw.. We move on and find a way to fun without him.  :shrug:

Nothing you said is in the articles posted :shrug:
I posted the 1st article after the injury saying he was going to get an MRI.

then I found the newest article & thought it would be informative to the topic. 

I told you I saw the updates on rotoworld. I assume you have google. Good luck. 

"It doesn't feel how I want it to feel at the moment," Adams admitted after sitting out Thursday's practice

This was TWO weeks after the injury. Not sure where "he felt fine" comes from. But hey keep doing you and being misinformed. 

Users who are viewing this thread