What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Davante Adams, LV (2 Viewers)

So I guess season killer davante will be questionable, questionable all week, long enough to not be able to be put on my leagues IR, so I can pick up someone else. Then they'll say on saturday, oh he is doubtful or out and we are all screwed again. All the while you cant trade him for anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I guess season killer davante will be questionable, questionable all week, long enough to not be able to be put on my leagues IR, so I can pick up someone else. Then they'll say on saturday, oh he is doubtful or out and we are all screwed again. All the while you cant trade him for anything.
You seem like you need someone to tell you it's okay to cut him.

(Whisper voice: it's okay to cut him.)

Set yourself free, bruh. Life is too short and turf toe too dreaded. Perhaps wait until end of this week to see if any new progress is made in his rehab; or perhaps don't, if someone on your waiver wire has you hot and bothered for tonight's round of pickups.

G/L either way.

Set yourself free, bruh. Life is too short and turf toe too dreaded. Perhaps wait until end of this week to see if any new progress is made in his rehab; or perhaps don't, if someone on your waiver wire has you hot and bothered for tonight's round of pickups.

G/L either way.
Uh yeah don't cut him

G/L either way.
Horrible advice

It's obvious cutting Adams is bad advice.

Trading him for whatever the best offer is, and getting him off of your roster might be very good advice.  Time will tell of course.

A good rule of thumb before you drop someone is will another team immediately use their waiver priority on this player.

A good rule of thumb before you drop someone is will another team immediately use their waiver priority on this player.
A good rule of big toe is don't underestimate its value to explosive playmakers.

Jest aside, my post to Irish Eyes was half exaggeration, half serious; and very much specifically tailored to his mindset right now. There is a fairly significant probability that Adams will not be the Adams he drafted for the rest of this season. Turf toe can be an absolutely brutal injury, especially for RB/WR; even more especially if that player returns too soon and re-aggravates. There is a significant non-zero chance that DA is and will continue to be the roster poison he views him as for ROS. If he is being tormented seeing Adams on his squad each week (been there myself before with players), then cut and move on (or trade for peanuts, if those peanuts are worth more than your best waiver option). Simple as that, IF you can't stomach the chance you are taking by keeping him, that he might not return to form until next season. Otherwise, like the rest of you have stated, by all means, continue to wait because with enough rest, he *should* be good to go at some point later this season. (Do note however, *should* <> *will*.)

And let's not fallaciously compare this situation to Mahomes and Kamara. Very different by a wide margin, based on injury type and prognosis, until we start to hear some positives about Adams like we have for both of them.

***Lastly, in case it isn't abundantly obvious - I am talking redraft, not dynasty/keeper.***

A good rule of big toe is don't underestimate its value to explosive playmakers.
People underestimate the importance of this and think guys can play through it if its mostly better. This is something that needs to completely heal... it's so important. Careers can be significantly affected, and shortened, if it is mismanaged. IMO this is one of the most serious injuries in sports, at least in making sure its handled appropriately. 

Jest aside, my post to Irish Eyes was half exaggeration, half serious; and very much specifically tailored to his mindset right now. There is a fairly significant probability that Adams will not be the Adams he drafted for the rest of this season. Turf toe can be an absolutely brutal injury, especially for RB/WR; even more especially if that player returns too soon and re-aggravates. There is a significant non-zero chance that DA is and will continue to be the roster poison he views him as for ROS. If he is being tormented seeing Adams on his squad each week (been there myself before with players), then cut and move on (or trade for peanuts, if those peanuts are worth more than your best waiver option). Simple as that, IF you can't stomach the chance you are taking by keeping him, that he might not return to form until next season. Otherwise, like the rest of you have stated, by all means, continue to wait because with enough rest, he *should* be good to go at some point later this season. (Do note however, *should* <> *will*.)

And let's not fallaciously compare this situation to Mahomes and Kamara. Very different by a wide margin, based on injury type and prognosis, until we start to hear some positives about Adams like we have for both of them.

***Lastly, in case it isn't abundantly obvious - I am talking redraft, not dynasty/keeper.***
There is not a world where you actually believe I was serious in comparing them. It's only fallacious if it is sincere. Cutting Adams is absurd. Even though you may be right about his outlook. 

People underestimate the importance of this and think guys can play through it if its mostly better. This is something that needs to completely heal... it's so important. Careers can be significantly affected, and shortened, if it is mismanaged. IMO this is one of the most serious injuries in sports, at least in making sure its handled appropriately. 
I don’t know if it’s just the silly sound of the words themselves—Big Toe—Like seeing how far Sargent Hulka can put his big toe up Bill Murray’s ### for those of you old enough to get that reference, but for some reason the phrase “turf toe” doesn’t evoke the same fear that Achilles or HAS does. And it should. Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t this injury finish the careers of Tomlinson and Jack Lambert among others? Granted, they may have been in the twilights of their careers but this is a nasty injury to the starting point that’s the chain for athletic movement. Am I wrong here?

I don’t know if it’s just the silly sound of the words themselves—Big Toe—Like seeing how far Sargent Hulka can put his big toe up Bill Murray’s ### for those of you old enough to get that reference, but for some reason the phrase “turf toe” doesn’t evoke the same fear that Achilles or HAS does. And it should. Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t this injury finish the careers of Tomlinson and Jack Lambert among others? Granted, they may have been in the twilights of their careers but this is a nasty injury to the starting point that’s the chain for athletic movement. Am I wrong here?
Nope. Deion was never the same after he had it, either. 

You are correct. I believe it bothered Shaq for years and shortened his career

Also no, this is an injury to the last thing to leave the ground when you are running, it's even more important than the starting point 

Ugh.  Not the kind of posts I want to be reading as an Adams owner in a dynasty format where I'm looking to win now and loaded up to win over the next few years if all goes as planned, too.

So begs the question, do you try to send him off for a lesser WR?  Say like a Kupp or Allen type.  Hold and hope he's back to 100%?

Definitely love having a major piece of that offense, so I lean towards the latter.  

Value must be low. Best I've been offered is Henderson, Robby Anderson, and a projected very low 2020 1st. 

The Kupp owner and I had a productive talk about making a deal. Hes a contender also so I understand the reluctance to trade today. At this point I'll hold and maybe try to move in the offseason. He averages over 10 targets a game for his last 20 games played... just need him healthy

[Van Haaften] “It can go right up till game time.” LaFleur on Davante Adams’ availability. #Packers

He's certainly trending the right way. Let's gooo

Parker is a good grab this week so if Adams doesn't go u can plug him in since Packers play Sunday night.

Rotoworld take:

Packers coach Matt LaFleur said Davante Adams' (toe) Week 8 status could "go right up to game time."

Adams was spotted stretching — his first work of any kind since suffering his turf toe injury on September 26 — in Green Bay's only portion of practice open to the media. With a few extra hours of rest available prior to Sunday night's kick-off in Kansas City, Adams is headed for a game-time decision. The Packers' wideouts were already hard enough to predict for fantasy with the sudden infiltration of Allen Lazard and Jake Kumerow ahead of Marquez Valdes-Scantling and Geronimo Allison last week and Adams' pending health only makes that situation murkier. Still, the latter's the only true WR1 of the bunch if cleared for Sunday night.

SOURCE: Tom Silverstein on Twitter

Oct 23, 2019, 5:45 PM ET

I am just not comprehending how Mahomes was taking snaps and jogging a week after a dislocated knee, but this guy is having troubles practices three weeks later after a toe injury. I get that a toe can hurt and cause explosive players to be less explosive, but the optics.

I am just not comprehending how Mahomes was taking snaps and jogging a week after a dislocated knee, but this guy is having troubles practices three weeks later after a toe injury. I get that a toe can hurt and cause explosive players to be less explosive, but the optics.
I've had gout in my big toe numerous times.  the pain is almost unbearable.   Couldn't use my right foot to drive.  Anything involving the big toe is bad.

I've had gout in my big toe numerous times.  the pain is almost unbearable.   Couldn't use my right foot to drive.  Anything involving the big toe is bad.
It must be a pain tolerance. I broke a toe and they cant fix those. It caused issues, sure but I also tore knee ligaments before. 

Break my toe again please. I am not an athlete but knees are needed in everyday life even more than toes let alone sports.

Again, clearly the injury is serious but the optics are interesting. I think he comes back week 9 if he was already out stretching with the team today. Will be over a month if he misses SNF.

The mindset behind the last few posts about optics of sitting out due to just a toe are exactly why this injury tends to linger. Pride ends up challenged and often overwhelms proper recovery. Hopefully not the case for Adams. Good sign he seems more mobile, but skipping and cutting are not the same.

Davante Adams (toe) remained sidelined on Thursday.

Coach Matt LaFleur has said Adams could end up a game-time call for Sunday night's tilt with the Chiefs, but back-to-back DNPs have him looking extremely unlikely to play. The Packers have been making do in Adams' absence, and sitting at 6-1, they have the luxury of not feeling forced to rush their No. 1 wideout's recovery. All that being said, even a "limited" session on Friday would greatly enhance Adams' odds of suiting up.

SOURCE: Ryan Wood on Twitter

Oct 24, 2019, 1:50 PM ET

I drafted him, brees, chubb, and kerryon Johnson.  Chubb owners beware.
Ha, I have Adams and Barkley on a dynasty team and literally traded for Thielen 12 hours before his hammy injury.  Got Ertz in that same deal, so I assume he's going to blow his knee out on Sunday.  

My guess is he sits out this week and is ready to go next week
Agreed. Forget that they are 6-1, even if they were 4-3 he shouldn't play until the risk of re-injury is minimal or non-existent.  Need Adams for the future.  While the present is all that is important in FF, NFL teams have to protect their player.  That said, if there is no further risk of a reaggravation, then man up and play!  

Users who are viewing this thread