What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Davante Adams, LV (5 Viewers)

I got off the boat. Late start time this week and this injury finally spooked me. Was able to trade he, Ertz, M. Mack and a 4th round pick next year for Julio, Aaron Jones and a 13th next year.

I got off the boat. Late start time this week and this injury finally spooked me. Was able to trade he, Ertz, M. Mack and a 4th round pick next year for Julio, Aaron Jones and a 13th next year.
I never played dynasty, but when I read that I’d much rather have the other side of that deal.

What am I missing ?

I never played dynasty, but when I read that I’d much rather have the other side of that deal.

What am I missing ?
Just a keeper league with 2 year contracts. This being year 3 of our league... Ertz, Adams, Julio and Aaron are all ineligible to be kept. Mack comes at a high FAAB cost 25% of budget if he decides to keep him.

Cowboysfan8 said:

What am I missing ?
Own him in dyno but just gave ARob for Adams to a team that has bye week an injury issues for those looking for a price check in a redraft.

Its a gamble, sure Adams is the better player, but injuries hurt value so I took a chance that when he comes back his toe is fine.

Davante Adams said he feels "two million times better" than he did when he first suffered his toe injury in Week 4.

That's good to hear, though Adams has yet to log an official practice since the injury and seems unlikely to play Sunday night against the Chiefs. "Just got to keep letting it heal, because it’s not fully healed yet," said Adams, who is coming along nicely but admitted he's not yet at full speed. "Keep letting it heal and just be smart about it." With Adams likely headed for another absence, look for Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Geronimo Allison and Allen Lazard to lead Green Bay's receiving corps in Kansas City.

SOURCE: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Oct 25, 2019, 8:17 AM ET

There is no progress. We're all screwed.
What are you talking about? Going from doing nothing to running routes at 75% speed is absolutely progress. Going from being ruled out early in the week to to being ruled out 2 days before is progress. He's close to returning.

Last edited by a moderator:
@AdamSchefter

Packers’ WR Davante Adams, listed as doubtful for Sunday night vs. the Chiefs due to turf toe, is not expected to play, per sources. But Adams is likely to return next week at the Los Angeles Chargers, per source.

:pickle:

Davante Adams WR | GB

Packers' Davante Adams: Practicing Wednesday

by RotoWire Staff
(9 mins ago) Adams (toe) participated in the portion of practice open to the media Wednesday, Ryan Wood of the Green Bay Press-Gazette reports.

The Packers seem to be going through a walkthrough, but Adams looked to be almost back to normal while hauling in a pass, per Matt Schneidman of The Athletic. The Packers offense hasn't suffered much since Adams suffered a toe injury Week 4, but if he's able to return Sunday against the Chargers in L.A., he'll provide a dimension to the unit that it hasn't had the past four contests.

Curious where he stacks up ROS- are we back to viewing him as a high end WR1?
Absolutely. If he’s 100% or close to, he’s a top 5 PPR WR.  ARod is going to love having his WR1 back, and IMO Adams absence has allowed guys like MVS, Lazard & others to get valuable reps in, which should help Adams by commanding at least a little attention.

the game Adams got hurt he was finally clicking in the new offensive scheme, with a whopping 10/180 line, and coulda have had even more. 

not saying he’ll do that every week, but he’s capable of being WR1 ROS. Games against the Giants & Redskins are tasty, though the Niners are tough. 

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1189655485617754117

https://twitter.com/JohnDoranTV/status/1189659675870081034

Oh, he playin this week.

Coach Matt LaFleur said Davante Adams (toe) is day to day.

Adams was reportedly running faster at Wednesday's practice than he was last week. He's certainly moving in the right direction, but he's still very much questionable for Week 9 against the Chargers. His injury report on Thursday and Friday will paint a clearer picture to whether he suits up or not. Adams' eventual return will make Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Allen Lazard, Geronimo Allison, and Jake Kumerow even dicier fantasy options.

I'd be fine with it if he sat one more week to be sure....late game too.....
Why? If you click the links he is running fine and catching passes?

Why sit another week? What does he gain? More rest for what? so he can run and catch passes, which he is already doing after near 5 weeks off?

This isnt a normal job, they are paid to play through injuries and hurt. If you are able to do your job you do it, he looks like he can do it. 

This is like the people saying Brees should sit another week, look what he did. Or Barkley should sit to bye? What isa this new line of rhetorical remarks regarding injury.

Its amusing, hoping players will sit, it helps no one but your roster moves easier. lol Its a kin to hoping for injury. Whats the difference between hoping for injury or hoping injury keeps someone out longer? there is no difference, you are hoping players miss games due to injury. Im old school, hoping for missed games due to injury is a sin to me even if its hoping to "rest up" as some people use for cover.  

No way am I putting the season killer in my lineups. He will go out (if he plays at all), then be done after one series. It's ridiculous he's been out this long.

Why sit another week? What does he gain? More rest for what? so he can run and catch passes, which he is already doing after near 5 weeks off?

This isnt a normal job, they are paid to play through injuries and hurt. If you are able to do your job you do it, he looks like he can do it. 

This is like the people saying Brees should sit another week, look what he did. Or Barkley should sit to bye? What isa this new line of rhetorical remarks regarding injury.

Its amusing, hoping players will sit, it helps no one but your roster moves easier. lol Its a kin to hoping for injury. Whats the difference between hoping for injury or hoping injury keeps someone out longer? there is no difference, you are hoping players miss games due to injury. Im old school, hoping for missed games due to injury is a sin to me even if its hoping to "rest up" as some people use for cover.  
Sure...looks good in shells running routes.  I agree there.

But would defer to any doctor if there is higher risk of reinjury coming back early on this (and I believe there is).

NFL fan wise...Im fine if he sits another week to make sure he is as healthy as possible for my team.

FF wise...I hope he plays (and he will be in my lineup if he does) as I have a mound of "questionable" tagged guys this week (Conner, Lindsay, Breida, M. Sanders to go with Adams, Allen,  and Chark)

sold on the "good news" in a very deep standard league where I am loaded at WR:  Adams for Kittle, Lat.Murray, Preston Williams

the toe talked me into it

(btw, I think Kittle outscores Adams ROS)

The answer to your "why" question is to reduce the chance of reinjury, which I understand is a high risk with turf toe.

So what he gains is a better chance of being able to play the rest of the year.

@AdamSchefter

Packers’ WR Davante Adams, listed as doubtful for Sunday night vs. the Chiefs due to turf toe, is not expected to play, per sources. But Adams is likely to return next week at the Los Angeles Chargers, per source.
@AdamSchefter

Look, a light at the end of the tunnel!
Except that next week is the week before the bye, so are we trusting them to play him when resting him "just one more" gets them a full two more?

No way am I putting the season killer in my lineups. He will go out (if he plays at all), then be done after one series. It's ridiculous he's been out this long.
The “season killer” put up 32 points for me the game he got hurt late & won me the week. It’s why I’m 6-2 and in 1st instead of 5-3 in 2nd in my division.

this is a really weird take. If he starts you start him. That’s why you drafted him. Because he’s a top 3 WR when healthy. 

he had a little turf toe -it happens.  he missed a few games. He didn’t have his foot amputated ffs. 

Every video I’ve seen of Adams skipping, jumping & running he looks fantastic. If Adams starts you start him in your lineup.

There are often difficult decisions in FF. This ain’t one of them. 

I am not looking forward to playing against him this week.  The only positive spin I can put on it is that he plays a late game, and my opponent will be stuck if he is a late scratch.

:pickle:

Davante Adams (toe) practiced in pads on Thursday.

It's the first time Adams has padded up since going down in Week 4. Out the past four games, Adams now has a very real chance at returning for Sunday's "road trip" to Los Angeles to take on the Chargers. Even in a difficult matchup with Casey Hayward, Adams would immediately slide back into the top eight at receiver.

Shut up and let me dream!  I have been massacred the last 2 weeks.  Perhaps he attempts a sideline toe-tap on his first catch?  Plus, he is going against my Chargers.
I have been in patiently waiting for him to come back for weeks. There is no universe in which I will support this audit post. In fact, I’m pretty sure you just reverse-reverse jinxed yourself.

ARod: 12/14, 177/3

Adams: 11/167/3

That’s the 1st half.  :pickle:

Users who are viewing this thread