What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Davante Adams, LV (2 Viewers)

Curious, what part doesn't sound promising?
Biggest thing is no quote from Adams himself - when I listen to Dr. Jene on the podcasts, one thing he looks for is was the player made available to the media.  If they are that's a good sign, if not that's a bad sign.  Also just LP all week, no FP on Friday (or in this case Saturday).  Plus Adams saying earlier he's not going to play if not 100% - I assume that means he's not 100% today, two weeks after the injury.  Maybe two more days is all he needs, but that doesn't feel good to me either.  

So just a hunch - at this point I'm leaning towards him not playing.  

Biggest thing is no quote from Adams himself - when I listen to Dr. Jene on the podcasts, one thing he looks for is was the player made available to the media.  If they are that's a good sign, if not that's a bad sign.  Also just LP all week, no FP on Friday (or in this case Saturday).  Plus Adams saying earlier he's not going to play if not 100% - I assume that means he's not 100% today, two weeks after the injury.  Maybe two more days is all he needs, but that doesn't feel good to me either.  

I dont know. Whats the packers practice of making players available to the media in general? Maybe they know he's playing and want to keep it quiet. 

I dont think he's playing but not for the reasons you stated. The packers organization is notoriously conservative when it comes to injuries.

I have a hunch he's going to play... but, I tend to be an optimist in general! LOL

I dont know. Whats the packers practice of making players available to the media in general? Maybe they know he's playing and want to keep it quiet. 

I dont think he's playing but not for the reasons you stated. The packers organization is notoriously conservative when it comes to injuries.
Adams is always banged up. He would pretty much never play if he needed to be 100%

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to win this week and I need Adams so I'm going to wait to the last second to make the decision and my only fall back is Robert Tonyan.  It's going to have to be good enough. Adams plays he plays for me. If he sits I'll be stuck with Robert Tonyan.
I'm keeping a spot open for Adams and Julio... if the Chiefs game gets moved then I'll have more flexibility with Watkins on my bench. This season is nuts already, but I love having to manage through a crisis.

I need to win this week and I need Adams so I'm going to wait to the last second to make the decision and my only fall back is Robert Tonyan.  It's going to have to be good enough. Adams plays he plays for me. If he sits I'll be stuck with Robert Tonyan.
I picked up Malik Taylor to have a fallback. I have better options if I decide to start someone Sunday. However if Adams looks likely to play, I think you need to try and play him. This is a great match up 

I am in the same boat!   I have other choices for roster starts, but Adams is my WR1 and I want him in if he plays.  Since GB-Atl is MNF, only choice left is Tonyan for me.  

I don't have any KC/NE choices to worry about fortunately. 

Davante Adams (hamstring) is questionable for Week 4 against the Falcons.

Run-stuffing NT Kenny Clark (groin), outside linebackers Za'Darius Smith (ankle) and Rashan Gary (ankle), and CB Jaire Alexander (hand/knee) are also questionable to face Atlanta. Adams closed the week with two practices and should be considered closer to probable — especially without Allen Lazard (core muscle surgery) available in the interim. Adams is a lock-and-load WR1 the moment he's officially deemed active.

SOURCE: Around The NFL on Twitter

Oct 3, 2020, 11:11 PM ET

Davante Adams

@tae15adams

· 14m

Sorry fans and friends I wont be on the field tonight. I’ve done everything I need to do and proved Im ready but I guess I don’t know my body as well as others. Good luck out there my boys

ESPN is calling him Doubtful
Hopefully doubtful to tweet again.
Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

·

40m

Packers’ WR Davante Adams announced he’s out for tonight’s game against the Falcons. He has felt ready to play but the Packers’ medical staff has been cautious with him, especially with Green Bay on a bye after this week.

Don't be messing with my Monday moaning ESPN.

Gotta sweat out a MNF with Julio & MVS tonight (67% probability but still....)

Taking a shot at the team doctors. :lol:
:doh:

Not a good look for Davante...probably why he deleted the Tweet.  Packers' doctors are notoriously conservative, and considering they're playing an 0-3 team with a bye week on the other side, this is the right move, IMHO.

Davante Adams

@tae15adams

· 14m

Sorry fans and friends I wont be on the field tonight. I’ve done everything I need to do and proved Im ready but I guess I don’t know my body as well as others. Good luck out there my boys
Adams Throwing some shade on that one...

Had to plug in S. Watkins in 3 leagues. I hate having to rely on him. This was the most challenging fantasy management week of all time I think. I managed to at least get warm bodies in all spots in 7 leagues. I am happy about that at least. 🤣

Had to plug in S. Watkins in 3 leagues. I hate having to rely on him. This was the most challenging fantasy management week of all time I think. I managed to at least get warm bodies in all spots in 7 leagues. I am happy about that at least. 🤣
I have high hopes for Watkins this season overall, but this is his worst match-up. I kept one roster spot open this weekend for Adams, Julio, or Watkins. Really hoping one of the first two can go this evening... but wish the Chiefs game was the late one. This week has been nuts.

Had to grab Hardman off the waiver wire to sub in.

I have high hopes for Watkins this season overall, but this is his worst match-up. I kept one roster spot open this weekend for Adams, Julio, or Watkins. Really hoping one of the first two can go this evening... but wish the Chiefs game was the late one. This week has been nuts.
Why is it his worst? Belichick is notorious for focusing on clamping down the main target in his opponent's offense. That would be Hill or Kelce, but definitely not Watkins. If anything, I would think this is a smash spot for Watkins (I don't have him btw, I'm facing him and I'm trembling). 

Why is it his worst? Belichick is notorious for focusing on clamping down the main target in his opponent's offense. That would be Hill or Kelce, but definitely not Watkins. If anything, I would think this is a smash spot for Watkins (I don't have him btw, I'm facing him and I'm trembling). 
Gilmore covers Watkins, straight up. There's actually history here. It's crazy because the few plays when Watkins avoids the match-up he wins. This should be a down week, so I wouldn't sweat it.

Is he really officially out yet? Announced by the team? I need 22 points in a PPR and I've got Adams, MVS, and Watkins. Leaning MVS.

Word for word same here. Except for Watkins but dang. 

Yeah I think so too. BB will want to take away the deep stuff from Hill and Hardman but possession guys like Kelce and Watkins should be able to eat. 

Packers WR Davante Adams (hamstring) practiced Monday. 

ESPN's Rob Demovsky said Adams "didn't appear to have any setbacks during" the Packers' bye week and is practicing to start the week. Adams has a good shot of finally suiting up in Week 6 against the Bucs. He'll be a high-end WR1 once again if he's fully recovered from the hamstring pull that's kept him out for a month. 

SOURCE: Rob Demovsky on Twitter 

Oct 12, 2020, 12:47 PM ET

Davante Adams (hamstring) is practicing in full for Week 6. 

Adams could have played in Week 4, but the Packers' notoriously cautious medical staff refused to clear him. He has since had the Packers' Week 5 bye to get all the way back to 100 percent health. Adams will have to tango with the Bucs' Carlton Davis, but he immediately vaults back into the top five at wideout, with a strong case to be No. 1 overall for Week 6. 

Oct 15, 2020, 6:15 PM ET

Davante Adams caught 6-of-10 targets for 61 yards in Green Bay's Week 6 loss to Tampa Bay.

Adams has now seen double-digit targets in 11-of-12 full games since returning from injury in Week 9 last year. His rapport and chemistry with Aaron Rodgers didn't miss a beat despite experiencing a two-game hiatus, clicking both off the line of scrimmage and in the second level of the field. Adams' 28.5% target share in his first game back should be fantasy players' primary takeaway since Rodgers and the team's starters were benched in the fourth quarter trailing 38-10. Adams should again be considered the overall WR1 for Week 7 against the Texans.

Oct 18, 2020, 7:45 PM ET

Davante Adams caught 7-of-12 targets for 53 yards and three touchdowns in Green Bay's Week 8 loss to Minnesota.

Sunday was Adams' 11th game with multiple touchdown catches over the last five seasons. He didn't haul in any monster gains downfield but still continued his rapport with Aaron Rodgers inside the 10-yard line, catching a five-, one- and seven-yard score as Rodgers' first look in that area. He's unsurprisingly recorded double-digit targets (17, 10, 16, 12) in every game he's finished this year. Adams remains fantasy's overall WR1 as long as he's fully healthy.

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
Davante Adams caught 10-of-12 targets for 173 yards and a touchdown in the Packers' Week 9 demolition of the 49ers. 

The 150-yard effort was Adams' third of the season, and second in three weeks. He now has 36 catches for 483 yards and six touchdowns in four games since returning from his hamstring injury. Pure dominance. Adams' score was a 36 yarder where he bullied Emmanuel Moseley in hand-to-hand combat on a go route. Running away with No. 1 overall status at receiver, Adams has another potential eruption spot in the Jaguars for Week 10. 

Nov 5, 2020, 11:13 PM ET

My god this guy is a beast.

In his 5 full games he's played this year, he's gone 50 for 639 and 8 Tds.

That translates to a full season of 160 for 2045 yards and 26 TDs.

JFC.

Monster game and yet he left so many points on the field - two stops at the 1, and one, maybe two potential long TDs where he barely steps out of bounds.
I noted in the game thread that I have him in a non-PPR league, and was against him in 0.5 PPR.  So for this week I'm a little relieved he didn't blow up any further. 23 points for me is great, 28 against, not so much :)

Rotoworld:

Davante Adams (ankle) was held out of Thursday's practice. 

Adams "stayed inside again when team came outside." It's a bad sign after Adams was "limited" on Wednesday. Perhaps he will eventually emerge from the practice bubble to earn a "limited" tag, but that seems unlikely in conservative Green Bay. Adams is now genuinely questionable for Sunday's game against the Colts, and probably on the wrong side of it. His absence would come as Allen Lazard makes his long-awaited return. Even a "limited" session on Friday would put Adams on track to return. Adams played through the issue in Week 10, but perhaps it was adrenaline that got him through. 

SOURCE: Matt Schneidman on Twitter 

Nov 19, 2020, 2:00 PM ET

Davante Adams (ankle) did not practice Thursday. 

It's a downgrade for Adams, who got in a limited practice on Wednesday after playing through the ankle issue in Week 10 against the Jaguars. His Week 11 status likely hinges on his Friday practice participation. Allen Lazard (core) could make his return just in time to function as the Packers' WR1 against the Colts. Marquez Valdes-Scantling would see a bump if Adams is sidelined, though he'd remain an upside WR3/4. 

RELATED: 

Allen Lazard

, Marquez Valdes-Scantling

SOURCE: Rob Demovsky on Twitter 

Nov 19, 2020, 4:23 PM ET

Still missing practice. Good redraft buy if owners are worried about this lingering? Or is this really going to linger?
Definitely a concern right now.  He spoke about how he is very active with his lower legs in his routes and that he really needs to be ready to handle that.  Was listening to WI sports talk and they talked about how he was pumped up enough during the game he didn't notice as much to make that nice TD jump and catch.  But definitely felt it the next day.

They will need him this weekend in Indy...I know they have won without him over the past couple of years...but that Indy D is no joke.

I would be concerned with limited snaps or him playing decoy out there. He doesn't sound fully healthy despite today's injury report. 

Users who are viewing this thread