What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cat talk/advice - all meow, all the time (1 Viewer)

Candle lit as I just got home to my kitties from a couple day trip away. Always such a warm and happy greeting (after an hour or so, the older one, Hope, sometimes remembers she is supposed to be angry and will mope for a little bit).

Plus, Blu sometimes decides to use the bathroom floor rather than the litter, especially when it's not pristinely clean, so that candle can help there, as well. ;-) 

Thoughts are with you and the family @dorno - the suffering is over, and the love and memories will always remain.

Well today is gonna be a #### day. We've been dealing with our big boy Shadow and him looking like he's having trouble breathing. Take him in for an x-ray, blood work, and all that fun stuff. Blood shows only 2 things out of whack and it could mean cancer or infection. Xrays shows either cancer or fluid in the lungs and the vet can't tell conclusively but thinks it's fluid. Put him on water pills and an antibiotic for a week and bring him back for another x-ray. He starts projectile vomiting from the antibiotic so whatever good the water pill would do he's throwing it up. Bring him back for another x-ray and still inconclusive but bring him back again next week. We switch out his antibiotic, get him more water pills, and add prednisone to his rotation because he started not eating. Well I cancelled the next x-ray due to no change in his behaviour and today the wife and I decided it's time to end his suffering. So at 4 o'clock while I'm at work she's gonna bring him in and end the pain. All the while the vets and us have no clue what's actually wrong with him. Don't know if his thyroid condition is causing congestive heart failure, cancer, or god knows what.

So at tonight I ask that anyone who loves the kittehs to light a candle for all the ones who've crossed the rainbow bridge.
Could I interest you in a medium-sized, low-mileage calico to replace Shadow?  I'll even have it shipped.

:(

sorry to hear dorno. my kittehs will be properly hugged and petted when I get home. except for mookie, because she's a punk.

posted this in the outdoor gadget thread and figured it needs to be copied here:

Squirrel Buster Standard Bird Feeder:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ABGSX4S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We have 3 cats that love to sit and watch the backyard............so i recently bought this and decided to hang it from the gutter right outside their window about 2 feet away. 
It's been about a month now and it's perfect because we now have birds come by and feed each day (mostly bluejays and cardinals).   The cats love it and they are now entertained.
The best part about it is that it really works........it's fun to watch squirrels try to figure it out but the spring mechanizm closes when the weight of a squirrel is on it.  I think they finally gave up.

We're back in the cat business after a year off.  We got Oliver as a stray kitten back around 2000 and then my wife wanted a friend for him so we got Bailey around 2003.  Bailey died a few years ago (suddenly while we were at work) and then Oliver died about a year ago (brain tumor).  Waited a while to get over Oliver and the wife and kids recently started checking out kitten pics from the local shelters.  

We went out on Saturday to check out a couple shelters and liked some 9 week old tabbies.  I guess nowadays if you want a kitten you have to take two so they have a playmate.  Wife and kids were fine with that so we picked two out on Saturday and picked up these guys yesterday.

Kids (12 & 10) are really excited because they had only been around our older cats that weren't super affectionate and didn't play much.  We haven't had a kitten in about 15 years so just getting used to having the little guys running around the house and keeping them out of trouble again.

The name I wanted for Bailey was Loki but I was overruled at the time.  The kids really like the name Loki so we thought about Thor and Loki but we didn't really like the name Thor for a cat, maybe we're partial to two syllable names.  Kids wanted to go with Odin so now its Loki and Odin.   

Last edited by a moderator:
Well today is gonna be a #### day. We've been dealing with our big boy Shadow and him looking like he's having trouble breathing. Take him in for an x-ray, blood work, and all that fun stuff. Blood shows only 2 things out of whack and it could mean cancer or infection. Xrays shows either cancer or fluid in the lungs and the vet can't tell conclusively but thinks it's fluid. Put him on water pills and an antibiotic for a week and bring him back for another x-ray. He starts projectile vomiting from the antibiotic so whatever good the water pill would do he's throwing it up. Bring him back for another x-ray and still inconclusive but bring him back again next week. We switch out his antibiotic, get him more water pills, and add prednisone to his rotation because he started not eating. Well I cancelled the next x-ray due to no change in his behaviour and today the wife and I decided it's time to end his suffering. So at 4 o'clock while I'm at work she's gonna bring him in and end the pain. All the while the vets and us have no clue what's actually wrong with him. Don't know if his thyroid condition is causing congestive heart failure, cancer, or god knows what.

So at tonight I ask that anyone who loves the kittehs to light a candle for all the ones who've crossed the rainbow bridge.
Sorry to hear about Shadow.  We went through something sort of similar with our 17 year old cat Oliver about a year ago and I didn't realize how much losing him was going to affect us, even me.  One of my boys still has a pic of him as the background on his iPad.  

We're back in the cat business after a year off.  We got Oliver as a stray kitten back around 2000 and then my wife wanted a friend for him so we got Bailey around 2003.  Bailey died a few years ago (suddenly while we were at work) and then Oliver died about a year ago (brain tumor).  Waited a while to get over Oliver and the wife and kids recently started checking out kitten pics from the local shelters.  

We went out on Saturday to check out a couple shelters and liked some 9 week old tabbies.  I guess nowadays if you want a kitten you have to take two so they have a playmate.  Wife and kids were fine with that so we picked two out on Saturday and picked up these guys yesterday.

Kids (12 & 10) are really excited because they had only been around our older cats that weren't super affectionate and didn't play much.  We haven't had a kitten in about 15 years so just getting used to having the little guys running around the house and keeping them out of trouble again.

The name I wanted for Bailey was Loki but I was overruled at the time.  The kids really like the name Loki so we thought about Thor and Loki but we didn't really like the name Thor for a cat, maybe we're partial to two syllable names.  Kids wanted to go with Odin so now its Loki and Odin.   
Welcome Back! Will be a great experience for the kids, as they are certainly old enough to appreciate watching the kitties grow up.  

Funny, my ex just got two cats (HUGE relief for me, because she was laying on the guilt, even if they are happier with me than they'd be with her, one of whom was always my girl) and named the boy Odin.

So how hard to train a cat?  Especially if it will be alone a bunch of hours....

Wife and daughter are starting to inquire about getting a cat but we are not home all day so I'm against it.  And I know nothing about cats.

Its honestly why we don't have a dog because NO ONE IS HOME all day

So how hard to train a cat?  Especially if it will be alone a bunch of hours....

Wife and daughter are starting to inquire about getting a cat but we are not home all day so I'm against it.  And I know nothing about cats.

Its honestly why we don't have a dog because NO ONE IS HOME all day
Our 9-10 week old kittens were fostered by someone who volunteers with the shelter and were already using the litter box when we got them.  I'm just worried about furniture scratching so we'll see what happens.  That's why we got the kittens BEFORE replacing our living room furniture, that's up next.

Evidently you just get two so they keep each other busy, at least that's what they tell me... see above.

I'll be honest...it's pretty scary. It rubbed it's body on my legs and I petted it for second. Then it just went crazy and started spitting and throwing its paws at me. I screamed and ran away. :bag:  
Part of this may be how you petted it.  If you bring your hand in from above, it can look like the Jolly Green Giant is attacking.  Try a front approach so it can see what you are doing.  Wait for it to see and acknowledge your offer to pet.

First time I haven't had a cat in the house in 20+ years.  One benefit of having a cat in the house I hadn't thought of.  Controlling the spider population.  I've killed 3 spiders in 2 days that were running around like they owned the place.
Getcha one of these.  It'll have you stalking them all over the neighborhood.

I had wrote about how we lost our 20 year old Russian Blue earlier this year. This loss was devastating to my family. I mean, this cat meant the world to my wife and two daughters. My wife said there is no way we are getting another cat and she was firm about it. Months after his passing, she would still break down in tears when she came across pictures of him.

Our lives changed completely in June when our house was destroyed by hail. We lost so much and spent most of the summer in a hotel (which I guess, was a blessing that our boy had passed because he wouldn't have survived being boarded or whatever we would have had to do with him).

Flash forward, we get back in our house and it was almost seven months since his passing. My daughters (19 and 14) were both missing having cats in the house and so was I. My wife was still very emotional and hesitant. but I began taking her to the Humane Society and had her visit with cats and kittens just to try and heal a bit.

She relented in October after I showed her pictures of two little brothers that were part of a terrible hording situation. These guys needed us and we took Alford and Autry into our house when they were 10 weeks old. The laughter was back in our house. We began pouring ourselves into these guys and it was just amazing to have them. Autry is the adventurous one and doesn't easily give love (except to me). You have to work at it with this guy. Alford is polydactyl--so it looks like he has thumbs on his front paws. The "kitten with mittens" is beyond sweet and loving. If there is a lap-his little three pounds are in it. 

My kids were looking forward to Christmas surprisingly not because of gifts they were getting, but how the little  five month old monsters were going to play in the wrapping paper and how they would respond to this huge cat tower we bought them.  However, the day did not go as we planned. We began to notice that Alford had zero interest in the paper or the tower. He literally just went to the couch and fell asleep. 

Over the course of the past few days, this pattern continued. He would actively eat, drink and poop, but would immediately want to go to sleep. Three days ago we noticed the bloating starting. We took him to the vet yesterday and although the final test results aren't in, the vet says she is sure he has FIP--Feline infectious peritonitis. It is 100% fatal. She told us we should just take him home and make him feel comfortable as the end will come pretty quick. The problem is, it is contagious and there is a chance Autry has it as well, but just hasn't manifested the symptoms yet. She didn't recommend us separating them because they have been together their whole life--so he either has it or he doesn't at this point.

I am typing this with a little two and 1/2 pound kitty in my lap that I know his end is coming and I am powerless to help.  His brother is in the chair next to me and every little twitch or long period of sleep he has, I immediately fear the worse. My daughters are coping as best as they can talking to their friends on social media.. My wife is back to being a mess and I can't help but feel responsible for making her revisit this pain all over again.  I just can't believe how unfair this is.

:(

Dude. So sorry for you guys... At least you have them a much happier life. But dammit- what a guy shot.

Oh holy hell, I’m so sorry.

If it gives you any hope...I fostered a pregnant kitty for a shelter once.  She had three kittens, one of whom ended up having FIP.  We had mamacat and the kittens in the house with our cats for about six months, and neither she nor any of our cats got sick.  If Alford does have it, he might not have passed it on.

Good luck.  You did the right thing to bring them in, anyway.

Just picked up a kitten for my daughter today from a local shelter.  Her name is Mable.

My daughter picked her out last week and had to wait until today before bringing it home and she could hardly stand it.

The kitten seems a bit spooked by the whole experience and our dog isn't helping.  The dog has been around cats and is not aggressive, but he's 20 times her size and really wants to play with her.  We have seperated them after some introductory time.  We are all excited and are happy to welcome in Mable as part of the family.

lilo was rescued as a young kitten with a broken hip. the woman who fostered him before we got him carried him around until he was healthy enough to walk after surgery. ever since, he sits like this, with the wing out. even on the ground- that leg sticks out. cracks me up as distinctly un-cat-like. and he still loves to be carried around- greets us every morning from a counter top, putting both paws up onto our chests to pick him up and carry him on our shoulders. cats, man.

Having a really bad week ...

i think I’m going to have to put my best friend down in the next couple days.

kidney failure. 

15yr old Siamese Seal point.

He’s been hospitalized for the last 2 days - no signs of improvement. The only time he perks up is for a few minutes when I visit.

I love him so much. 

I miss him so much. 

I’ve never been through this before. Loosing my little guy hurts so much. I guess ... I just would like to ask how some of you got through this? 

I don’t have any kids ... or much of a family. So this is hard.

thanks.

id like to post some pics ... but I don’t know how TF to even do that - if someone could help with that? 

kidney failure. 

He’s been hospitalized for the last 2 days - no signs of improvement. The only time he perks up is for a few minutes when I visit.

I love him so much. 

I miss him so much. 

I’ve never been through this before. Loosing my little guy hurts so much. I guess ... I just would like to ask how some of you got through this? 

thanks.

id like to post some pics ... but I don’t know how TF to even do that - if someone could help with that? 
Would love to see pics.  I’ve used imgur and found it pretty user-friendly.  Are the pics on your phone?

Another option is if you know/trust anyone here you could send to them for upload.

I’m so sorry for what you and your buddy are going through.  Wish I had some ways to make it better, but only time helps in my experience.  I promise it does get better.

kidney failure. 

I love him so much. 

I miss him so much. 

thanks.

Damnit. I've been there. I'm still there. It's always there. Been 3 years for me. I'll never get over it, but I've moved on. Which kind of sucks... I have so many things around the house that remind me of her. Sometimes it makes me sad and sometimes it brings me joy to remember her. Her cuddles. Her love.... I wouldn't trade those memories for the world. But yeah. They still hurt sometimes. 

Dammit...so sorry to hear about your friend, Ray.

I wish I had amazing advice for getting through it...but the loss itself sucks. Know that you had this great buddy for 15 years (and hopefully more) and gave him a happy life with you. As with human friends and family, that celebration of the life and lives shared is the part I hold on to and try concentrate on while I've grieved the loss of my furry friends...but the grief always hurts.

Would love to see pics of the guy too... I grew up with a seal point who my parents got when I was a baby...great cat. she was kind of my sister- slept on the middle of my bed, forcing me to the side, brought me all manner of animals she caught dead and alive, and made hilarious faces whenever I farted. I think that sums up what sisters do...dunno..only had a brother.

kidney failure. 

I love him so much. 

I miss him so much. 

thanks.

Quick update ...

my buddy is home with me now. He perked up last night - and was also really healthy today. 

His blood tests are still not good - it’s kidney failure. But he’s in such good spirits, I couldn’t say goodbye yet.

he’s spent 4 days in the hospital - he deserves a good nights sleep at home. 

So he’s currently snoring, and having wild dreams on my chest. 

I know it’s going to be rough going forward - I’ve gotta give him a daily shot to keep him hydrated (F@&k ... sticking a needle in him every day?)

plus a new diet and antibiotics. 

Im up for it though. Him being home is better than another day of him being scared and alone. 

I’ve been laying in bed with him for the last 2hrs. 

He had what I think was a panic attack/ night terror episode - scared me to death. I thought it was a seizure... but the symptoms don’t match up. I think he’s just been so scared for the past 4 days - afraid to even sleep. 

Thank you guys so much. You’ve really made me feel better - And not alone. 

Im either going to make an Imjur account, or I’m going to send pics to Krista ... I do not know her, but I’ve lurked around long enough to feel I can trust her ... plus I’m a state of Michigan guy ☺️

Sharing pics of my buddy would feel good 

Quick update ...

my buddy is home with me now. He perked up last night - and was also really healthy today. 

His blood tests are still not good - it’s kidney failure. But he’s in such good spirits, I couldn’t say goodbye yet.

he’s spent 4 days in the hospital - he deserves a good nights sleep at home. 

So he’s currently snoring, and having wild dreams on my chest. 

I know it’s going to be rough going forward - I’ve gotta give him a daily shot to keep him hydrated (F@&k ... sticking a needle in him every day?)

plus a new diet and antibiotics. 

Im up for it though. Him being home is better than another day of him being scared and alone. 

I’ve been laying in bed with him for the last 2hrs. 

He had what I think was a panic attack/ night terror episode - scared me to death. I thought it was a seizure... but the symptoms don’t match up. I think he’s just been so scared for the past 4 days - afraid to even sleep. 

Thank you guys so much. You’ve really made me feel better - And not alone. 

Im either going to make an Imjur account, or I’m going to send pics to Krista ... I do not know her, but I’ve lurked around long enough to feel I can trust her ... plus I’m a state of Michigan guy ☺️

Sharing pics of my buddy would feel good 
Yes, please do!  PM me and I can send you my email or phone # if easier for pics.  Don't know you but clearly trust a fellow meow-lover, too.  

We've had cats in kidney failure before, and had to do the jabbing with the fluids, but it did help them live quite a bit longer.  Sounds like your buddy has not given up and you haven't either!  You two could still have some good time together.

Yes, please do!  PM me and I can send you my email or phone # if easier for pics.  Don't know you but clearly trust a fellow meow-lover, too.  

We've had cats in kidney failure before, and had to do the jabbing with the fluids, but it did help them live quite a bit longer.  Sounds like your buddy has not given up and you haven't either!  You two could still have some good time together.
You’re helping me so much ... thank you. 

Knowing that you’ve also delt with a kitty kidney failure - is everything to me right now.

buddy just let it go ... he was so comfy and happy to be home - he pee’d right here in the bed ☹️

Im really having a hard time believing I can keep up his needed care. It scares me.

he’s home. And comfy ... but I feel that he’s going to decline very fast 😢

You’re helping me so much ... thank you. 

Knowing that you’ve also delt with a kitty kidney failure - is everything to me right now.

buddy just let it go ... he was so comfy and happy to be home - he pee’d right here in the bed ☹️

Im really having a hard time believing I can keep up his needed care. It scares me.

he’s home. And comfy ... but I feel that he’s going to decline very fast 😢
I thought the same thing, about keeping up with the care.  It seems so hard.  But then, our guys seem to know that we're helping them and don't put up too much of a fuss.

I know we can't say "everything is going to be all right," because eventually it won't be.  But then, sometime way in the future, it will be again.  I'm so glad you guys have each other!  What a wonderful life you must have given him..and hopefully for a while longer.

You hang in there Ray.

We went through this with our almost 20 year old Russian Blue. He was diagnosed around age 16-17 and we got three more years from him.  Ice in his water bowl--maybe a water fountain to encourage fluid intake. We had the science diet special kidney food.  It sounds like your guy is a little further on, but positive vibes(no matter how you feel inside) are important. Cats really can sense how you are feeling. Just lots of love and spoil him however you can...take care, man.

I expect this gets better with practice.  Also, you'll likely feel comfort knowing you are doing what you can for him.  I know he will.

When the time does come, I hope you have a good vet who will make a house call if you want him to.  That can be a more peaceful goodbye for you both.

I expect this gets better with practice.  Also, you'll likely feel comfort knowing you are doing what you can for him.  I know he will.

When the time does come, I hope you have a good vet who will make a house call if you want him to.  That can be a more peaceful goodbye for you both.
I was going to post all of this.

The medicine gets easier with practice, and soon becomes routine (I've had cats w FIV, diabetes and cancer) and certainly better than the outcome without. It seems like you're hurting your buddy, but just remember you're saving them. 

And I'll echo having the vet do the housecall when the time comes...years from now.

Thank you for sharing those pics! Love the way he say in the tree with arms outstretched- he's hilarious and totally handsome. (My own moronic cat literally just started meowing at me as I typed that- to s'up to yours and to because he's a jealous ####er)

My parents cat has been in kidney failure for almost three years now.  Mom takes her for fluids on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.  She eats special kidney food. She takes a refrigerated Azodyl tablet twice a day, and it is given an hour to 30 minutes before she eats breakfast and dinner. She also gets Mirtazaphine ointment rubbed inside each ear once a day to stimulate her appetite, and a blood pressure pill twice a day I think. I take care of her when they go out of town so I know the routine. She is around 17, and still kicking. Mom says she has some days every now and then where she doesn't feel terrific, but most days she is herself.  Good luck with Conner!  No matter how long he has left, he sure does have a daddy that loves him.

My parents cat has been in kidney failure for almost three years now.  Mom takes her for fluids on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.  She eats special kidney food. She takes a refrigerated Azodyl tablet twice a day, and it is given an hour to 30 minutes before she eats breakfast and dinner. She also gets Mirtazaphine ointment rubbed inside each ear once a day to stimulate her appetite, and a blood pressure pill twice a day I think. I take care of her when they go out of town so I know the routine. She is around 17, and still kicking. Mom says she has some days every now and then where she doesn't feel terrific, but most days she is herself.  Good luck with Conner!  No matter how long he has left, he sure does have a daddy that loves him.
This gives me some hope. Thank you for posting your experience.

we made it through day one of outpatient care (lol me playing doctor) 

So far so good. He’s still very weak, not eating much at all. He pee’d his bed earlier, he’s done that twice since he’s been home.

i was able to give him his renal support pill, and I’ve also got an IV bag - I managed to get him his fluids. Sticking the needle in was terrifying - but we both managed.

after that I noticed him perk up again. 

Tomorrow I’m going to start his new routine. 

Renal suport supplement first thing ... then he’s going to get a warm water sponge cleaning - I’ve got to clean his ears out, so that the Mirtazaphine will work. (Appetite stimulant)

He’s got a bandage from the hospital IV still - I’m going to take that off and clean it. Hopefully that will make him feel more at home.

then after a couple hours I’ll give him his next round of fluid treatment.

he hasn’t eaten. So I gave him some wet food ... I know it’s not the best for his body right now, but he’s so weak - he needs something in his belly if we’re gonna continue. He ate about a half a can. I’m happy with that considering.

He’s still very scared. 4 days in the hospital will do that. 

Overall it’s been a decent first day.

we will continue the battle back to health tomorrow.

thanks again, to all of you. 

I am not a vet, but maybe some kitten wet food would be in order. They are high in protein and have a lot of fatty stuff that regular adult wet doesn't. I am guessing he has lost some weight and these are good in the weight gain department. You have to follow the medical regiment, but you have to balance his mental well-being too and that may mean a little treat here and there to keep him happy--even if it is just a little taste on the tip of your finger for him.

This gives me some hope. Thank you for posting your experience.

we made it through day one of outpatient care (lol me playing doctor) 

So far so good. He’s still very weak, not eating much at all. He pee’d his bed earlier, he’s done that twice since he’s been home.

i was able to give him his renal support pill, and I’ve also got an IV bag - I managed to get him his fluids. Sticking the needle in was terrifying - but we both managed.

after that I noticed him perk up again. 

Tomorrow I’m going to start his new routine. 

Renal suport supplement first thing ... then he’s going to get a warm water sponge cleaning - I’ve got to clean his ears out, so that the Mirtazaphine will work. (Appetite stimulant)

He’s got a bandage from the hospital IV still - I’m going to take that off and clean it. Hopefully that will make him feel more at home.

then after a couple hours I’ll give him his next round of fluid treatment.

he hasn’t eaten. So I gave him some wet food ... I know it’s not the best for his body right now, but he’s so weak - he needs something in his belly if we’re gonna continue. He ate about a half a can. I’m happy with that considering.

He’s still very scared. 4 days in the hospital will do that. 

Overall it’s been a decent first day.

we will continue the battle back to health tomorrow.

thanks again, to all of you. 
Mom said that when their cat first start showing signs of kidney failure, she was peeing on their rug in their bathroom, and showed signs of a UTI by constantly going in the box. She stopped doing the peeing on the rug once they got her condition under control. The vet told her she could give her fluids on her own, but their cat (Millie) is quite feisty, so she takes her to the vet three times a week.  I talked to her to ask her exact routine now, and this is how it goes. 

Millie gets fluids three times a week. She takes a refrigerated pill Azodyl an hour prior to eating breakfast and dinner.  This is her most important pill.

She gets Mirtzapine ointment rubbed in each ear once a day for appetite.  She used to get a Mirtzapine pill every three days along with a pepcid ac for appetite. 

She gets 1/4 of an Amlodopine tablet for high blood pressure twice a day. She didn't start needing this until this year. Not all cats will have or get high blood pressure, but it does go hand in hand many times with kidney failure.

She grazes on k/d kidney care dry food every day whenever she wants it. She also eats wet food. Her favorite is the NF Kidney Function by Purina. This is only sold at vet offices. She also eats some other wet kidney foods like k/d kidney care or Hills prescription diet c/d. 

You really just take it as it goes. You are trying your best to help him, and that is all you can do.  You will get used to giving him his meds, and don't be surprised if he runs sometimes when he knows it is med time. Millie is also a pro at pretending she takes a pill, and then she spits it out when you walk away. They are clever little critters.

The K/D Kidney food is some amazing stuff. We attributed it and just his love of his family for the reason our 20 year old boy just wouldn't give up. 

The K/D Kidney food is some amazing stuff. We attributed it and just his love of his family for the reason our 20 year old boy just wouldn't give up. 
It really is ... my guy is finally having a consistent appetite. And this is without the appetite stimulant.

He’s still very weak in the hind legs - which is normal for what he’s going through. Did your guy have the same issue? And did he regain some strength over time? 

He’s been sortve bed ridden since he’s come home from the hospital. His cage is the safe zone - so yes I’ve been keeping the cage on my bed - with food and fresh water for him on the nightstand. He hasn’t made it to the litter box yet. My bed and his cage have been taking the brunt of that lol.

Tomorrow will be the first full day I won’t be around - so he’s getting transferred to the floor - as I don’t want him failing off the bed. And escalating the inevitable.

his strength in his hind legs has gotten a bit better - but he’s nowhere close to being able to hop up on the bed, or navigate the 2 flights of stairs to his basement litter box.

ive got a smaller litter box stationed in the room with him - he just hasn’t been able to make it all the way there yet. 

Users who are viewing this thread