What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jameis Winston, NO (5 Viewers)

Grahamburn said:
There’s a correlation with #1 and #2. Tampa has had statistically the worst defense in the NFL during Jameis’ tenure. The one season the defense was even remotely competitive they went 9-7. When the QB has to play catch up the entire game turnovers are bound to happen. 

That being said I do agree he still turns it over too much.  The Bortles turnover comparison is derived to make Jameis look worse than he is though. Anyone with eyes can see how much better of a passer Jameis is than Bortles.

Even if it was a different NFL when Brees was 24 that TD:INT ratio was not a good one. The point is Jameis still has a lot of room for growth and Tampa fans should try to think before running him out of town. 

I’m not going to defend him on off the field stuff. 

He does throw for lots of yards. Boatloads of them. I thought that was good? 7 TD drives in his two starts this season with multiple points left on the field by the kicker. Not enough? Go figure. 
Except even when they had a good/average defense Winston has turned it over lots. The 2015 defense was average and 2016 was above average defensively. It was the 2017 (and 2018) defense that was terrible.

The Bucs have been at the bottom of the NFL in offensive turnovers per drive in 2015 (26th) 2016 (29th) 2017 (30th) and 2018 (30th). That's not defense, that's Winston. And he hasn't grown - he's the same QB on the field as he was last year and the year before. 

And at some point the Bucs are going to dial back all the passes he's making. He was an OK fantasy QB last year and I'd expect him to return to that. Plus, he takes more hits than he needs to and that will add up (like it did last year). 

He really awful. A turnover machine. Should have 3 ints already but CIN can't catch balls hitting them in the hands. It's time to move on and get a franchise QB.

The only reason this guy lasted past my gone in 3 years prediction is that the Bucs were not smart enough to see how awful he really is. 

What a horrible QB. I actually traded for this clown and started him over Watson this week. Sick 

One guy threw 5td, the other threw 4 picks 

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost cut Fitz this week...bring on some magic
Wow, you held Fitz this long?

Do they really give the job back to him after this? Not that Winston has much of a chance to be the future but Fit is the future of no NFL franchise, hes proven that in his career.

JaMarcus Winston is pretty awful but does stack up some fantasy stats.

Wow, you held Fitz this long?

Do they really give the job back to him after this? Not that Winston has much of a chance to be the future but Fit is the future of no NFL franchise, hes proven that in his career.

JaMarcus Winston is pretty awful but does stack up some fantasy stats.
I had a spot for qb so i held him just in case Winston came out, low risk big reward

Jameis Winston - QB -  Buccaneers

Jameis Winston was benched for Ryan Fitzpatrick after throwing his fourth interception of Sunday's Week 8 game against the Bengals.

And all four of the picks were on him. The fourth did in Winston, as it was pick sixed by Bengals rookie S Jessie Bates to put Cincinnati up 34-16. Winston has been continually careless with the ball, and at this point coach Dirk Koetter had only one choice which was to hold Winston accountable. The Bucs will have to decide this week whether to go back to Jameis for Week 9 against Carolina.

Oct 28 - 3:29 PM

I don't think he'll be removed as starter because they'll want to see how he responds. If he has another meltdown though, all bets are off.

You actually believe this?
I don't think anyone can believe this guy is going to do anything but take a franchise down at this point. He had everything as far as weapons and failed miserably. He's not even backup material.

The Bucs are really lucky he showed how awful he is before they had to commit to flushing 20 more million down the toilet. Now they can concentrate their efforts on scouting the college ranks for a franchise QB.

#1 draft pick super bust.

I don't think he'll be removed as starter because they'll want to see how he responds. If he has another meltdown though, all bets are off.
That’s what would make sense but are the coaches smart enough to do that? Plus there can’t be a player on the locker room that supports him anymore right?

I don't think anyone can believe this guy is going to do anything but take a franchise down at this point. He had everything as far as weapons and failed miserably. He's not even backup material.

The Bucs are really lucky he showed how awful he is before they had to commit to flushing 20 more million down the toilet. Now they can concentrate their efforts on scouting the college ranks for a franchise QB.

#1 draft pick super bust.
let's not put him up there as jamarcus russell superbust

Lol. He's got a lot of posts to delete.
Man, you can pick just about any page on this thread and there are gems galore. Someone needs to start deleting their posts but it sure is not me. :lmao:  

Good thing this thread will be here for a little while before it fades away like this guys career. Well, his career came crashing down in a heap actually, as predicted.

Crap, I just needed him to maintain through Luck's bye week.

I don't see how you can possibly start either QB until this situation shakes itself out. And they're @Carolina next week so it may get worse before it gets better.

Users who are viewing this thread