Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
massraider

Official Jameis Winston - football talk

The O-line is terrible and Jameis could be the worst QB in the league behind a bad line.  He just isn't the QB to have back there getting sacked 7 times.  I'm actually surprised he hasn't been injured.  I'd expect an injury to pop up here shortly and the Bucs will burry him on ir until the end of the season.

The one to luke kuechly was horrendous.

Mike Evans may have had some fault in the first one, you gotta come to the ball.  Evans and OJ both dropped a few passes that them right in the hands. 

Godwin & Brate were the only positives on O imo.

14 minutes ago, Punxsutawney Phil said:

The O-line is terrible and Jameis could be the worst QB in the league behind a bad line.  He just isn't the QB to have back there getting sacked 7 times.  I'm actually surprised he hasn't been injured.  I'd expect an injury to pop up here shortly and the Bucs will burry him on ir until the end of the season.

The one to luke kuechly was horrendous.

Mike Evans may have had some fault in the first one, you gotta come to the ball.  Evans and OJ both dropped a few passes that them right in the hands. 

Godwin & Brate were the only positives on O imo.

I think there were 2 Mike didn’t fight for. First and last maybe? 

Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians said Jameis Winston has a "habit of trying to be Superman."

Winston threw for 400 yards Sunday in London but hamstrung the offense with his six turnovers including a career-worst five interceptions. Arians said he told Winston to "throw the damn ball away" while lamenting the quarterback's affinity for hero ball. "You’re not going to beat anybody with seven turnovers," said Arians, referring to Winston's six giveaways and another by Bobo Wilson, who coughed up a fumble in the loss to Carolina. "You've got to protect the football," Winston agreed. "I can't have that happen." Through six weeks, only Cleveland's Baker Mayfield (11) has thrown more picks than Winston (10).

SOURCE: The Athletic

Oct 14, 2019, 9:37 AM ET

18 hours ago, lod001 said:

Has there ever been a worse 1-2 pick in the NFL draft? Both the Bucs and the Titans drafted colossal busts and wasted the careers of everyone else on the team for 5 years each. Now both need to start over and try and find a QB in the draft.

What’s kind of funny (well, not if you’re a fan of either team) is that they’re failing for opposite reasons. Winston is overly aggressive and turns the ball over way too much because he makes poor decisions, Mariota is overly conservative and doesn’t do enough to help his team or make the defense defend the deep parts of the field.

• Like 1

as someone who starts Evans & Godwin weekly - I am afraid Jameis will get benched before the end of season (he isn't great but no one on their current roster is a better QB)

I did not see the game but that is one amazing stat line.

I thought he had turned a corner over the past couple of games, but I guess he reverted to the mean with this game.  WTF happened in this one?

22 minutes ago, leave a whisper said:

as someone who starts Evans & Godwin weekly - I am afraid Jameis will get benched before the end of season (he isn't great but no one on their current roster is a better QB)

I think Arians hitched his horse to Jameis's star a long time ago and that Arians even being there is part of an ego stroke that he can indeed get the best out of a very talented yet volatile quarterback. I think that unless Jameis has over four turnovers plus in a game that he won't get benched. 

• Like 1

Benched for who?

Your options are Ryan Griffin and someone currently not on the roster.

6 minutes ago, tkrull said:

Benched for who?

Your options are Ryan Griffin and someone currently not on the roster.

Exactly. There’s no Fitz in the wings anymore. He’s not only their best option but they also want to see him for a full season to judge what they’re gonna do with him at years end.

2 hours ago, rockaction said:

I think Arians hitched his horse to Jameis's star a long time ago and that Arians even being there is part of an ego stroke that he can indeed get the best out of a very talented yet volatile quarterback. I think that unless Jameis has over four six turnovers plus in a game that he won't get benched. 

FTFY.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Arodin said:

FTFY.

Indeed. I was thinking the effects of each iteration took a cumulative toll, too. But I see your point. 

Gunslingers will have bad games.  We'll take 'em in Fantasy as it's all about opportunity.  Real NFL? Not so much.

• Like 1

Jameis is a truly awful NFL quarterback. A colossal bust. 

For fantasy however, he mostly works.....and it's working for Godwin, that's for sure. 

• Like 1

Winston is not a CEO-QB and these days that's what teams want. He has all the athleticism to play the game, to make the throws but he just doesn't have it between the ears. 

Bad news for Godwin owners: I have him on my FF team. Which means Jameis will be benched soon and Godwin will go back to being an average receiver. Sorry.

3 minutes ago, dhockster said:

Bad news for Godwin owners: I have him on my FF team. Which means Jameis will be benched soon and Godwin will go back to being an average receiver. Sorry.

Benched for who?

5 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Benched for who?

It doesn't matter. It will happen because that is the way my FF season is going.

Arians is gonna ride this bust into the ground. He's not smart enough to see if there is a Kyle Allen in Ryan Griffin.

Ryan Griffin has no arm strength at all. His outs were constantly getting jumped by DBs in 4th quarters of preseason games. He isn’t a guy who should be starting anywhere. 

Ride Jameis out, win your 5-6 games, trade the farm to move up to draft the next loser. 

Anyone got the cajones this week?

Last year they benched him after 4 pick game. But this year they are just riding it out. 

Maybe he gets right after the bye? Hard to trust but the upside of this team chucking the ball is there.

On 10/15/2019 at 2:08 PM, Capella said:

Ryan Griffin has no arm strength at all. His outs were constantly getting jumped by DBs in 4th quarters of preseason games. He isn’t a guy who should be starting anywhere. 

Ride Jameis out, win your 5-6 games, trade the farm to move up to draft the next loser. 

Funny. I actually still believe in this guy and this system. He had a terrible game last game out. Okay. Move on and learn. 

6 minutes ago, VikingFrog said:

Last year they benched him after 4 pick game. But this year they are just riding it out. 

Maybe he gets right after the bye? Hard to trust but the upside of this team chucking the ball is there.

I am playing him in a superflex (you can start 2 QBs). I have options to play another QB, but I'm going with him. Not all of his games have been bad this year. 

4 minutes ago, simey said:

I am playing him in a superflex (you can start 2 QBs). I have options to play another QB, but I'm going with him. Not all of his games have been bad this year. 

Even when they're bad, they're not single digit games due to volume alone. I don't think he's been under ten all year, and he's been awfully close to thirty or so once or twice. I pay attention, though my main league is 20 yds/point, not 25, so YMMV.  He averages around twenty a game or so. 

44 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Even when they're bad, they're not single digit games due to volume alone. I don't think he's been under ten all year, and he's been awfully close to thirty or so once or twice. I pay attention, though my main league is 20 yds/point, not 25, so YMMV.  He averages around twenty a game or so. 

He scored 24 points in our league scoring WITH 6 turnovers. I didn’t own him nor did I start him at the time.

All qbs score a lot but looking at his floor even on bad games it’s pretty good. His worst game by far has been game 1 against San Fran. Wentz just put up a worse scoring day against Dallas.

1 minute ago, VikingFrog said:

He scored 24 points in our league scoring WITH 6 turnovers. I didn’t own him nor did I start him at the time.

All qbs score a lot but looking at his floor even on bad games it’s pretty good. His worst game by far has been game 1 against San Fran. Wentz just put up a worse scoring day against Dallas.

Yep, and Kyler Murray and Darnold, both of whom I started in a Superflex league, combined for four total points last week. FOUR.

Ooof.

55 minutes ago, rockaction said:

My main league is 20 yds too. I don't have Winston in that league, but he did get 9 points in the first game of the season. We are penalized -2 for interceptions, and he threw 3 in that one with low volume. In that same league he got 16 points for his last outing with 5 interceptions, which isn't bad considering all the turnovers.

22 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Yep, and Kyler Murray and Darnold, both of whom I started in a Superflex league, combined for four total points last week. FOUR.

Ooof.

:lol:

• Laughing 1

1 minute ago, simey said:

My main league is 20 yds too. I don't have Winston in that league, but he did get 9 points in the first game of the season. We are penalized -2 for interceptions, and he threw 3 in that one with low volume. In that same league he got 16 points for his last outing with 5 interceptions, which isn't bad considering all the turnovers.

True that different leagues give different penalties and the first game was a mess in SF for him. But I think your point and my follow-up stick, though. Even in a disastrous outing, he can score respectably.

53 minutes ago, VikingFrog said:

I started him vs a team who had Car D that game. Scraped through by 1

Small sample size but avoid QBs in London who arrive 2 days before kick off

3 hours ago, VikingFrog said:

They're riding it out because they don't have an alternative like Fitzpatrick now.

He's in my lineup over Wentz, FWIW.

I think it depends on your league scoring. I’m still rolling with him in a league that gives 6 per TD and only -1 per turnover. 

Edited by icehouse

3 hours ago, rockaction said:

Funny. I actually still believe in this guy and this system. He had a terrible game last game out. Okay. Move on and learn. 

I just think it’s enough. It’s clear he’s very good when he’s on but he has too many games where he gives the team no chance to win. They would have beat SF and almost certainly Carolina if he played even decent and if that happened they are in the playoff race. There are just too many throws where he could have just thrown it away. He doesn’t get it and it’s year 5 so he never will. And it sucks, because he is sooooo good when he is on. 

2 minutes ago, Capella said:

I just think it’s enough. It’s clear he’s very good when he’s on but he has too many games where he gives the team no chance to win. They would have beat SF and almost certainly Carolina if he played even decent and if that happened they are in the playoff race. There are just too many throws where he could have just thrown it away. He doesn’t get it and it’s year 5 so he never will. And it sucks, because he is sooooo good when he is on. 

That's a fair assessment. It's tantalizing, because when he is on -- and not forcing it nor flailing like he does where he has his arm cocked with that back leg buckling under --  he looks fully legit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davearm said:

They're riding it out because they don't have an alternative like Fitzpatrick now.

He's in my lineup over Wentz, FWIW.

Exact same choice and where I stand right now too.

Had to start him because of Ryan getting hurt. Feeling pretty not too great at the moment. When he’s bad, he’s horrid.

So after the game Arians had these comments:

“Everyone is going to say ‘Jameis threw interceptions,'” Arians said after the game. “Jameis didn’t throw one damn interception that was his fault. His receivers let him down today. … He played his tail off. You can write what you want. Not one of those interceptions was his fault, and it’s a damn shame.”

Anybody know who the receivers should have been on those picks?

I also saw that Mike Evans had 198 yards in the first 3 quarters, and received zero of the twelve 4th quarter targets - seems odd, no?

1 hour ago, themeistersinger said:

So after the game Arians had these comments:

“Everyone is going to say ‘Jameis threw interceptions,'” Arians said after the game. “Jameis didn’t throw one damn interception that was his fault. His receivers let him down today. … He played his tail off. You can write what you want. Not one of those interceptions was his fault, and it’s a damn shame.”

Anybody know who the receivers should have been on those picks?

I also saw that Mike Evans had 198 yards in the first 3 quarters, and received zero of the twelve 4th quarter targets - seems odd, no?

There was one right where Godwin may have stopped on the route. You’d like to give a guy having that phenomenal of a season the benefit of the doubt through. I don’t really remember what happened on the others. The center snapped a fumble when he wasn’t looking though.  

No matter how Arians spins it 10 turnovers in two games is lunacy. You can’t just blame everybody else for that. 

Oh yea the other one was Perriman running the wrong route for sure. Christ that guy sucks. 

The whole damn thing continues to be a #### show.

https://youtu.be/PODaUl4zY_w

Is Bucs GM Running a Pro Jameis Winston Burner Account?

Joe Praino and Andy Ruther offer substantial evidence that Tampa Bay Buccaneers GM Jason Licht is the man behind an anonymous pro Jameis Winston Twitter account and Amazon book.

:lmao:

• Laughing 1

2 hours ago, LAUNCH said:

Joe Praino and Andy Ruther offer substantial evidence that Tampa Bay Buccaneers GM Jason Licht is the man behind an anonymous pro Jameis Winston Twitter account and Amazon book.

In all seriousness, I remember I used to comment at boston.com for the Red Sox games and I could swear that on the scene around 2010-11 there popped up a bunch of suspicious accounts that sounded like disinformation in the form of positive trolling. I thought it was weird, and never could prove it, but I think these things happen. 

:scared: And I see dead people. 

Better fantasy QB than real, and I’m fine with that 

keep chucking it to Evans 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LAUNCH said:

Quickly debunked by the beat writers