Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
massraider

Official Jameis Winston - football talk

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, leave a whisper said:

as someone who starts Evans & Godwin weekly - I am afraid Jameis will get benched before the end of season (he isn't great but no one on their current roster is a better QB)

I think Arians hitched his horse to Jameis's star a long time ago and that Arians even being there is part of an ego stroke that he can indeed get the best out of a very talented yet volatile quarterback. I think that unless Jameis has over four turnovers plus in a game that he won't get benched. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tkrull said:

Benched for who?

Your options are Ryan Griffin and someone currently not on the roster.

Exactly. There’s no Fitz in the wings anymore. He’s not only their best option but they also want to see him for a full season to judge what they’re gonna do with him at years end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rockaction said:

I think Arians hitched his horse to Jameis's star a long time ago and that Arians even being there is part of an ego stroke that he can indeed get the best out of a very talented yet volatile quarterback. I think that unless Jameis has over four six turnovers plus in a game that he won't get benched. 

FTFY.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Arodin said:

FTFY.

Indeed. I was thinking the effects of each iteration took a cumulative toll, too. But I see your point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jameis is a truly awful NFL quarterback. A colossal bust. 

For fantasy however, he mostly works.....and it's working for Godwin, that's for sure. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winston is not a CEO-QB and these days that's what teams want. He has all the athleticism to play the game, to make the throws but he just doesn't have it between the ears. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad news for Godwin owners: I have him on my FF team. Which means Jameis will be benched soon and Godwin will go back to being an average receiver. Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dhockster said:

Bad news for Godwin owners: I have him on my FF team. Which means Jameis will be benched soon and Godwin will go back to being an average receiver. Sorry.

Benched for who?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Benched for who?

It doesn't matter. It will happen because that is the way my FF season is going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arians is gonna ride this bust into the ground. He's not smart enough to see if there is a Kyle Allen in Ryan Griffin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ryan Griffin has no arm strength at all. His outs were constantly getting jumped by DBs in 4th quarters of preseason games. He isn’t a guy who should be starting anywhere. 

Ride Jameis out, win your 5-6 games, trade the farm to move up to draft the next loser. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone got the cajones this week?

Last year they benched him after 4 pick game. But this year they are just riding it out. 

Maybe he gets right after the bye? Hard to trust but the upside of this team chucking the ball is there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2019 at 2:08 PM, Capella said:

Ryan Griffin has no arm strength at all. His outs were constantly getting jumped by DBs in 4th quarters of preseason games. He isn’t a guy who should be starting anywhere. 

Ride Jameis out, win your 5-6 games, trade the farm to move up to draft the next loser. 

Funny. I actually still believe in this guy and this system. He had a terrible game last game out. Okay. Move on and learn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, VikingFrog said:

Anyone got the cajones this week?

Last year they benched him after 4 pick game. But this year they are just riding it out. 

Maybe he gets right after the bye? Hard to trust but the upside of this team chucking the ball is there.

I am playing him in a superflex (you can start 2 QBs). I have options to play another QB, but I'm going with him. Not all of his games have been bad this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, simey said:

I am playing him in a superflex (you can start 2 QBs). I have options to play another QB, but I'm going with him. Not all of his games have been bad this year. 

Even when they're bad, they're not single digit games due to volume alone. I don't think he's been under ten all year, and he's been awfully close to thirty or so once or twice. I pay attention, though my main league is 20 yds/point, not 25, so YMMV.  He averages around twenty a game or so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Even when they're bad, they're not single digit games due to volume alone. I don't think he's been under ten all year, and he's been awfully close to thirty or so once or twice. I pay attention, though my main league is 20 yds/point, not 25, so YMMV.  He averages around twenty a game or so. 

He scored 24 points in our league scoring WITH 6 turnovers. I didn’t own him nor did I start him at the time.
 

All qbs score a lot but looking at his floor even on bad games it’s pretty good. His worst game by far has been game 1 against San Fran. Wentz just put up a worse scoring day against Dallas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VikingFrog said:

He scored 24 points in our league scoring WITH 6 turnovers. I didn’t own him nor did I start him at the time.
 

All qbs score a lot but looking at his floor even on bad games it’s pretty good. His worst game by far has been game 1 against San Fran. Wentz just put up a worse scoring day against Dallas.

Yep, and Kyler Murray and Darnold, both of whom I started in a Superflex league, combined for four total points last week. FOUR.

Ooof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Even when they're bad, they're not single digit games due to volume alone. I don't think he's been under ten all year, and he's been awfully close to thirty or so once or twice. I pay attention, though my main league is 20 yds/point, not 25, so YMMV.  He averages around twenty a game or so. 

My main league is 20 yds too. I don't have Winston in that league, but he did get 9 points in the first game of the season. We are penalized -2 for interceptions, and he threw 3 in that one with low volume. In that same league he got 16 points for his last outing with 5 interceptions, which isn't bad considering all the turnovers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Yep, and Kyler Murray and Darnold, both of whom I started in a Superflex league, combined for four total points last week. FOUR.

Ooof.

:lol:

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, simey said:

My main league is 20 yds too. I don't have Winston in that league, but he did get 9 points in the first game of the season. We are penalized -2 for interceptions, and he threw 3 in that one with low volume. In that same league he got 16 points for his last outing with 5 interceptions, which isn't bad considering all the turnovers.

True that different leagues give different penalties and the first game was a mess in SF for him. But I think your point and my follow-up stick, though. Even in a disastrous outing, he can score respectably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, VikingFrog said:

He scored 24 points in our league scoring WITH 6 turnovers. I didn’t own him nor did I start him at the time.
.

I started him vs a team who had Car D that game. Scraped through by 1

Small sample size but avoid QBs in London who arrive 2 days before kick off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VikingFrog said:

Anyone got the cajones this week?

Last year they benched him after 4 pick game. But this year they are just riding it out. 

Maybe he gets right after the bye? Hard to trust but the upside of this team chucking the ball is there.

They're riding it out because they don't have an alternative like Fitzpatrick now.

He's in my lineup over Wentz, FWIW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it depends on your league scoring. I’m still rolling with him in a league that gives 6 per TD and only -1 per turnover. 

Edited by icehouse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rockaction said:

Funny. I actually still believe in this guy and this system. He had a terrible game last game out. Okay. Move on and learn. 

I just think it’s enough. It’s clear he’s very good when he’s on but he has too many games where he gives the team no chance to win. They would have beat SF and almost certainly Carolina if he played even decent and if that happened they are in the playoff race. There are just too many throws where he could have just thrown it away. He doesn’t get it and it’s year 5 so he never will. And it sucks, because he is sooooo good when he is on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Capella said:

I just think it’s enough. It’s clear he’s very good when he’s on but he has too many games where he gives the team no chance to win. They would have beat SF and almost certainly Carolina if he played even decent and if that happened they are in the playoff race. There are just too many throws where he could have just thrown it away. He doesn’t get it and it’s year 5 so he never will. And it sucks, because he is sooooo good when he is on. 

That's a fair assessment. It's tantalizing, because when he is on -- and not forcing it nor flailing like he does where he has his arm cocked with that back leg buckling under --  he looks fully legit. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, davearm said:

They're riding it out because they don't have an alternative like Fitzpatrick now.

He's in my lineup over Wentz, FWIW.

Exact same choice and where I stand right now too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to start him because of Ryan getting hurt. Feeling pretty not too great at the moment. When he’s bad, he’s horrid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So after the game Arians had these comments:

“Everyone is going to say ‘Jameis threw interceptions,'” Arians said after the game. “Jameis didn’t throw one damn interception that was his fault. His receivers let him down today. … He played his tail off. You can write what you want. Not one of those interceptions was his fault, and it’s a damn shame.”

Anybody know who the receivers should have been on those picks?

I also saw that Mike Evans had 198 yards in the first 3 quarters, and received zero of the twelve 4th quarter targets - seems odd, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, themeistersinger said:

So after the game Arians had these comments:

“Everyone is going to say ‘Jameis threw interceptions,'” Arians said after the game. “Jameis didn’t throw one damn interception that was his fault. His receivers let him down today. … He played his tail off. You can write what you want. Not one of those interceptions was his fault, and it’s a damn shame.”

Anybody know who the receivers should have been on those picks?

I also saw that Mike Evans had 198 yards in the first 3 quarters, and received zero of the twelve 4th quarter targets - seems odd, no?

There was one right where Godwin may have stopped on the route. You’d like to give a guy having that phenomenal of a season the benefit of the doubt through. I don’t really remember what happened on the others. The center snapped a fumble when he wasn’t looking though.  
 

No matter how Arians spins it 10 turnovers in two games is lunacy. You can’t just blame everybody else for that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yea the other one was Perriman running the wrong route for sure. Christ that guy sucks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole damn thing continues to be a #### show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://youtu.be/PODaUl4zY_w

 

Is Bucs GM Running a Pro Jameis Winston Burner Account?

 

Joe Praino and Andy Ruther offer substantial evidence that Tampa Bay Buccaneers GM Jason Licht is the man behind an anonymous pro Jameis Winston Twitter account and Amazon book.

 

:lmao:

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LAUNCH said:

https://youtu.be/PODaUl4zY_w

Is Bucs GM Running a Pro Jameis Winston Burner Account?

Joe Praino and Andy Ruther offer substantial evidence that Tampa Bay Buccaneers GM Jason Licht is the man behind an anonymous pro Jameis Winston Twitter account and Amazon book.

:lmao:

In all seriousness, I remember I used to comment at boston.com for the Red Sox games and I could swear that on the scene around 2010-11 there popped up a bunch of suspicious accounts that sounded like disinformation in the form of positive trolling. I thought it was weird, and never could prove it, but I think these things happen. 

:scared: And I see dead people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Better fantasy QB than real, and I’m fine with that 

 

keep chucking it to Evans 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LAUNCH said:

https://youtu.be/PODaUl4zY_w

 

Is Bucs GM Running a Pro Jameis Winston Burner Account?

 

Joe Praino and Andy Ruther offer substantial evidence that Tampa Bay Buccaneers GM Jason Licht is the man behind an anonymous pro Jameis Winston Twitter account and Amazon book.

 

:lmao:

Quickly debunked by the beat writers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ourmanflint said:

Jameis had 11 interceptions in his first 5 games last year and then had 3 the rest of the year.

So they need to bench him again so he can watch the other QB perform and then when he gets back, he'll quit throwing INTs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, lod001 said:

So they need to bench him again so he can watch the other QB perform and then when he gets back, he'll quit throwing INTs?

If they bench him he won't throw any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, lod001 said:

So they need to bench him again so he can watch the other QB perform and then when he gets back, he'll quit throwing INTs?

As long as he's back for ARZ and ATL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s the 12th ranked QB in my league 

 

:shrug:

 

He’s been a great Cam, Brees fill in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sold him for a middle of the pack 2020 1st in a superflex league.  Might’ve been able to squeeze out more, but my team isn’t competing and the QBs next year are far more attractive.  I don’t believe he has much long term value beyond this season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.