Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
massraider

Official Jameis Winston - football talk

1 hour ago, ourmanflint said:

Jameis had 11 interceptions in his first 5 games last year and then had 3 the rest of the year.

So they need to bench him again so he can watch the other QB perform and then when he gets back, he'll quit throwing INTs?

6 minutes ago, lod001 said:

So they need to bench him again so he can watch the other QB perform and then when he gets back, he'll quit throwing INTs?

If they bench him he won't throw any.

11 minutes ago, lod001 said:

As long as he's back for ARZ and ATL

no talent bum. can't be trustedin your lineup. there's no way you'd start him as we get closed to the fantasy playoffs.no way!

He’s the 12th ranked QB in my league 

:shrug:

He’s been a great Cam, Brees fill in 

Sold him for a middle of the pack 2020 1st in a superflex league.  Might’ve been able to squeeze out more, but my team isn’t competing and the QBs next year are far more attractive.  I don’t believe he has much long term value beyond this season

2 hours ago, Tanner9919 said:

no talent bum. can't be trustedin your lineup. there's no way you'd start him as we get closed to the fantasy playoffs.no way!

Scored 29 for me last week. Nice floor even with his turnovers.  

15 hours ago, Tanner9919 said:

Really depends greatly on whether your league penalizes for turnovers.  Mine doesn't.  He's currently QB7 on a ppg basis.  Last year the combined stats for Winston and Fitz would have been QB2, behind only Mahomes. 

Plenty to like for fantasy, even if he's a terrible QB in real life.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, davearm said:

Really depends greatly on whether your league penalizes for turnovers.  Mine doesn't.  He's currently QB7 on a ppg basis.  Last year the combined stats for Winston and Fitz would have been QB2, behind only Mahomes. 

Plenty to like for fantasy, even if he's a terrible QB in real life.

Agree 100 percent.  Bucs can't run the ball.  They can't play defense which leads to up-tempo game script and shoot-outs.  As someone else already stated, even with the TOs he producing.

To add the cherry on top, his schedule really begins to lighten up.  I expect Winston to be much better going forward.  

10 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Good job Jinxy 

It’s not really a jinx when he does it 2x a game 

• Like 1

Jameis Winston completed 29-of-44 passes for 335 yards and two touchdowns with eight rushing yards on two carries Sunday in the Buccaneers’ Week 9 loss to Seattle.

Winston absorbed two sacks for a loss of 16 yards. Famous Jameis came locked and loaded for Sunday's shootout, reaching deep into his bags of tricks in arguably his best performance of the season. It helps when you have two studs to lean on and Winston was certainly cognizant of those weapons, firing 19 completions worth 241 yards to the standout duo of Mike Evans (12-180-1) and Chris Godwin (7-61-0). Winston wasn't flawless—he committed a costly fumble in the fourth quarter and his deflected touchdown pass to Breshad Perriman probably should have been intercepted. But even with those slip-ups factored in, Sunday still represented a strong performance by the former Heisman winner who held his own in a showdown with future Hall of Famer Russell Wilson. Next up for Winston are the Cardinals, who just yielded four touchdowns to Jimmy Garoppolo in Week 9.

Nov 3, 2019, 7:50 PM ET

Really hate that he's probably not going to stay in Tampa and likely goes on to success with another franchise. 

The Bucs will end up with some dope like Dalton or Mariota and continue the suck.

1 hour ago, Grahamburn said:

Really hate that he's probably not going to stay in Tampa and likely goes on to success with another franchise. 

The Bucs will end up with some dope like Dalton or Mariota and continue the suck.

I have found myself wondering where he could be successful. This team and his game are built around him just slinging it.

1 hour ago, VikingFrog said:

I have found myself wondering where he could be successful. This team and his game are built around him just slinging it.

Watch him end up replacing some aging vet like Rivers or Big Ben. Actually the Steelers would probably be an excellent fit, even if Winston has to sit for a year.

Is Winston a good enough asset still, to be handed a job elsewhere, or is he likely to compete for a job?

3 hours ago, Grahamburn said:

You know, its funny in retrospect, but I remember Mike Mayock(I think, it was somebody doing the 2015 draft) saying he thought Winston would have been a better fit in Tennessee, and Mariota would have been a better fit in Tampa Bay, I think that was based on the coaching staffs at the time, but still a mildly interesting what if.

Edited by travdogg

3 hours ago, Grahamburn said:

He can't be successful with Arians, is there really any hope he could be successful elsewhere? 

16 minutes ago, Tool said:

He can't be successful with Arians, is there really any hope he could be successful elsewhere? 

Probably not.  I won't bag on him for his W/L record since it is hard to blame a QB for losing games 40-34 and 37-26, but the guy is an interception machine.  26 interceptions in the last season and a half (and that is with only starting 9 games last season), and that is with having one of the best WR corps in the NFL both last year and this year.  Imagine what his numbers would look like on a team with average wide receivers.  

• Like 1

Now that Jones has secured the starting RB spot, I need this guy to step his game up, hand the ball off to Jones 25-30 times and be happy with wins as a game manager.

He's a terrible NFL quarterback and a decent fantasy football quarterback. He's always been. I even have him on my team. 

3 hours ago, JuniorNB said:

He's a terrible NFL quarterback

And yet, he's an above average NFL QB.

4 hours ago, tangfoot said:

I wouldn't say that.

4 hours ago, tangfoot said:

Nah. He's around #20 of 32. 

It’s games like Sunday though which will force the Bucs to bring him back next year. Purgatory. Of course, if they had any kind of defense 34 points would have been more than enough for the win. Alas. 

• Like 2

He’s on pace for 4800 yards, 32 touchdowns and a mind-boggling 24 picks. However 8 of his 12 picks came in two extremely wretched games so he may not replicate that. Still, even a 1 INT per game average to end the year is 20 of them. Yikes. 

Jameis Winston completed 30-of-48 passes for 358 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions in the Bucs' 30-27, Week 10 win over the Cardinals, adding three carries for 40 additional yards.

Turnover-machine Winston also fumbled, but the Bucs managed to recover. Winston stood and delivered some nice throws, but his mistakes stood out more than his big plays. Winston ended the Bucs' opening drive with a pick where Cards DB Byron Murphy ran Chris Godwin's route for him. INT No. 2 was a stare down to Godwin. Winston also air mailed what could have been a 47-yard score to Breshad Perriman. His touchdown was a 10-yarder to O.J. Howard on a coverage bust. Winston has a tough Week 11 home date with a Saints defense that will be smarting from Sunday's inconceivable loss to the Falcons.

Enjoy the roller coaster.

Edited by The Frankman

15 minutes ago, Synthesizer said:

On pace for 29 INTs which would be the most by a QB in the last 14 years.

That is not good.   I went to google to see who had thrown 30+ interceptions in a season.

How did the 1962 Houston Oilers go 11-3 with George Blanda throwing 42 interceptions (NFL record)?   

Edited by kodycutter
  • Laughing 1

20 minutes ago, Synthesizer said:

On pace for 29 INTs which would be the most by a QB in the last 14 years.

On top of that he’s got 11 fumbles, friggin 11. Luckily only 4 lost. 

8 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

On top of that he’s got 11 fumbles, friggin 11. Luckily only 4 lost. 

On pace for 18 fumbles which would be the most by a QB in the last 17 seasons.  Lol.

• Laughing 1

On 11/10/2019 at 4:08 PM, Down Under said:

His schedule doesn't look as favorable going forward....NO, @Atl, @Jax, Ind, @Det, Hou

Detroit and Houston are playoff gold

• Like 1

He’s potentially turned the ball over an average of 3 times per game. NFL winning % with 3 turnovers is 18%. He hasn’t improved one bit in taking care of the ball since he’s entered the NFL. You cannot win with this guy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I mean every qb can kind of say this, and he’s been really bad at times, but it sucks when he hits OJ Howard in stride and he attempts to go behind the back with it like he’s LeBron James on a fast break and the interception counts against Jameis. 

That said, it’s time for the Bucs to move on. But he’s not as bad as his numbers suggest. 

He throws to spots. If his receiver is there he looks great. If it’s changed and the route is cut off it’s picked. Evans, for as good as he is, is not a QB’s friend when it comes to picks. Or drops. Howard’s was a joke.

But Winston makes his mind up too early about where he’s going. Takes too many chances. Would think Arians could teach him. this coming from a guy who needs him in the playoffs 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Judge Smails said:

He throws to spots. If his receiver is there he looks great. If it’s changed and the route is cut off it’s picked. Evans, for as good as he is, is not a QB’s friend when it comes to picks. Or drops. Howard’s was a joke.

But Winston makes his mind up too early about where he’s going. Takes too many chances. Would think Arians could teach him. this coming from a guy who needs him in the playoffs 

I too am riding my Winston train to the playoffs. As bad as he’s been, his floor is still there because he chucks it and gets a few rushing yards here and there to cover a pick or two.

They Have no one behind him so I doubt he’s benched, but I’m beginning to fear the mid game benching he comes out with another 3-4 pick game. 

I feel like he’s due for a 400 yard 4 TD game that we’ve all seen him have. Hoping he gets hot during fantasy playoffs if only out of sheer luck.

His schedule and weapons are nice. And their soft defense keeps him chucking it.

• Like 1

That pick with OJ Howard finally taught me the indefatigable truth of life with Jameis Winston. Truth always somewhere in the middle. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/18/2019 at 10:02 PM, Encumbrance said:

That pick with OJ Howard finally taught me the indefatigable truth of life with Jameis Winston. Truth always somewhere in the middle. 

All 3 of his other INTs went straight into the defenders' hands.  One happened in the end zone and another went for a pick-6.  Go ahead and put an asterisk on the 4th INT though.

• Like 2

Jameis Winston completed 18-of-26 passes for 313 yards, three touchdowns, and two interceptions in the Bucs' Week 12 win over the Falcons.

This was a classic Winston performance, starting the game with two brutal interceptions before settling in. Winston wasn't under pressure often -- the Falcons defense regressed after two great games -- and Chris Godwin made the Atlanta secondary pay. It's important to separate "real life Winston" from "fantasy football Winston" because he is an every-week QB1 even when he's turning the ball over. Winston is averaging over 325 yards and two touchdowns in his last nine games. He faces a mediocre Jaguars defense next week.

Edited by The Frankman

Anyone catch the fact that he didn’t take the final kneel down snap because he was up near the stands taking selfies?  Keenum had to go into the game to do it for him.  What a *ucking as* clown. 

Edited by SayWhat?
Doh! Similar QB, but wrong thread!
  • Laughing 1

15 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

Anyone catch the fact that he didn’t take the final kneel down snap because he was up near the stands taking selfies?  Keenum had to go into the game to do it for him.  What a *ucking as* clown. 

Haskins or Winston?

17 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

Say What?

• Laughing 1

18 minutes ago, Irishod said:

I’m not a big Winston fan, but he didn’t do that.  

The poster states Keenum, so I’m wondering if he’s referring to Haskins.

1 minute ago, VikingFrog said:

Indeed, Haskins was busy taking a selfie when his team was supposed to be in victory formation, and his backup had to suffer the -1 rush yard.

Nice to see Haskins taking care of his fantasy managers like that.

34 minutes ago, VikingFrog said:

Haskins or Winston?

32 minutes ago, KingPrawn said:

Say What?

26 minutes ago, Irishod said:

I’m not a big Winston fan, but he didn’t do that.  

7 minutes ago, VikingFrog said:

4 minutes ago, Arodin said:

Indeed, Haskins was busy taking a selfie when his team was supposed to be in victory formation, and his backup had to suffer the -1 rush yard.

Nice to see Haskins taking care of his fantasy managers like that.

Yeah, somehow ended up in the wrong thread.  In my defense, it’s easy to see some striking similarities between Haskins and Winston.  🤷‍♂️

Edited by SayWhat?
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SayWhat? said:

Yeah, somehow ended up in the wrong thread.  In my defense, it’s easy to see some striking similarities between Haskins and Winston.  🤷‍♂️

What's similar?

12 hours ago, SayWhat? said:

Similar QB?  Lol.  I guess all these QB's look alike to you?