What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jameis Winston, NO (10 Viewers)

He has to behave, obviously, in order to reach his potential, but his press conference showed that, without question, he is a terrible little jagoff.

I wish him nothing but the worst.
Because he is confident in himself?
No, because when I heard him speak, he sounded like a jagoff. So, I think he's a jagoff. He may not be, or may outgrow it, it's not always a permanent condition.

He has to behave, obviously, in order to reach his potential, but his press conference showed that, without question, he is a terrible little jagoff.

No, because when I heard him speak, he sounded like a jagoff. So, I think he's a jagoff. He may not be, or may outgrow it, it's not always a permanent condition.
Please keep us all posted.

Please keep us all posted.
Oh, don't be so sensitive, he's not even on your team yet.

Just watched his press interview. Thought he did a fine job. He maybe a bit overconfident, but other than that I don't see anything to not like.

People love to hate this guy. It's amazing. If he's actually super successful we might have our first player-hate related suicide.

Just watched his press interview. Thought he did a fine job. He maybe a bit overconfident, but other than that I don't see anything to not like.
People see what they want. I just want what's best for the Bucs...and I agree with you. His grammar isn't great...never has been...but I see leadership skills there.

People love to hate this guy. It's amazing. If he's actually super successful we might have our first player-hate related suicide.
Why are you so high on him exactly? Not challenging or doubting just curious.
Throws with best anticipation I've seen out of a college QB other than Luck. Not scared of the moment. Tremendous, tremendous leader. Plenty of arm and has demonstrated every throw an NFL QB has to make, particularly in tight pockets.

Made some bad throws this year but he was playing with 3 true freshman out of the 4 main skill spots. For some reason people continue to disregard this. If he was a dork off the field, or not a black guy from Alabama with a thick southern accent people would be tripping over themselves about him.

Throws with best anticipation I've seen out of a college QB other than Luck. Not scared of the moment. Tremendous, tremendous leader. Plenty of arm and has demonstrated every throw an NFL QB has to make, particularly in tight pockets.

Made some bad throws this year but he was playing with 3 true freshman out of the 4 main skill spots. For some reason people continue to disregard this. If he was a dork off the field, or not a black guy from Alabama with a thick southern accent people would be tripping over themselves about him.
Yes, I would rather have a dork off the field like Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, wait...every other successful NFL QB.

Throws with best anticipation I've seen out of a college QB other than Luck. Not scared of the moment. Tremendous, tremendous leader. Plenty of arm and has demonstrated every throw an NFL QB has to make, particularly in tight pockets.Made some bad throws this year but he was playing with 3 true freshman out of the 4 main skill spots. For some reason people continue to disregard this. If he was a dork off the field, or not a black guy from Alabama with a thick southern accent people would be tripping over themselves about him.
Yes, I would rather have a dork off the field like Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, wait...every other successful NFL QB.
Manning had a sexual assault charge in college too. Pulled his #### out in front of some girl.

Throws with best anticipation I've seen out of a college QB other than Luck. Not scared of the moment. Tremendous, tremendous leader. Plenty of arm and has demonstrated every throw an NFL QB has to make, particularly in tight pockets.Made some bad throws this year but he was playing with 3 true freshman out of the 4 main skill spots. For some reason people continue to disregard this. If he was a dork off the field, or not a black guy from Alabama with a thick southern accent people would be tripping over themselves about him.
Manning had a sexual assault charge in college too. Pulled his #### out in front of some girl.
It was actually teabagging, but while stupid and a crime it was done in a locker room to a member of the staff in front of witnesses. I don't get it but it's a weird Southern thing that the people down there think is normal.

It's real puzzling to me how so many think Winston is the better bet than Mariota.

There are just as many on field concerns about Winston as there are Mariota, only one has consistently ####ed up off the field (and done some dumb things on it too) while the other is reportedly everything you want in a leader on and off the field.

I mean, if Winston didn't have holes on the field, fine, I get it. I probably disagree, but I get it. The problem is his 2014 showed a lot of bad signs of things that may come. It isn't on his teammates either. A laundry list of terrible decisions and poor execution.

It's real puzzling to me how so many think Winston is the better bet than Mariota.

There are just as many on field concerns about Winston as there are Mariota, only one has consistently ####ed up off the field (and done some dumb things on it too) while the other is reportedly everything you want in a leader on and off the field.

I mean, if Winston didn't have holes on the field, fine, I get it. I probably disagree, but I get it. The problem is his 2014 showed a lot of bad signs of things that may come. It isn't on his teammates either. A laundry list of terrible decisions and poor execution.
We've seen him drop back in the pocket and make NFL throws...under pressure and in big moments...as a kid...maybe it's an outdated mindset, but you can't help but be more comfortable with what you've seen than MM.

We've seen him drop back in the pocket and make NFL throws...under pressure and in big moments...as a kid...maybe it's an outdated mindset, but you can't help but be more comfortable with what you've seen than MM.
We've also seen him have 3.8% INT rate his last year in college. The only somewhat successful NFL QB's I've found with a rate that high are Marc Bulger, Gus Frerotte, Tony Banks and Elvis Grbac.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought he did great in his pc, and it sounded like the analyst on NFL Network all thought he did as well.

I particularly thought it was impressive how he said "it's not going to be about me and Marcus after the combine. Hopefully, it will be about me vs Brady & me vs Manning"

He also put emphasis on this will be his 1st full off season to just focus on only on football.

There is no doubt about it Jameis is a smooth talker. He is much more comfortable talking in public than Mariota.

"Steve Mariucci told the NFL Network announcers that Jameis Winston was one of, if not the smartest QB he's ever drilled at the combine."

@mikefreemanNFL: To say Winston is doing incredibly well in combine interviews is a dramatic understatement.

MAYBE HE'S BRINGING EVERYBODY CRAB LEGS BA DA BA BUM

People can't seven to differentiate between football intelligence and off field immaturity. The Winston is dumb narrative is one of the worst going.

I was wrong about Cam Newton. I was right about J.Russel and RGIII and Vince Young.

I'm putting Jameis Winston with the latter 3 - I don't have any faith he'll ever put it together. The world is full of exceptional talent physically that just don't have what it takes to excel mentally.

I'll take my chances on Mariota although I'm not just super super excited about him either.

@mikefreemanNFL: To say Winston is doing incredibly well in combine interviews is a dramatic understatement.

I heard he didn't rape anyone in the interviews, which was a good move.

"Hey, Jameis, when you do the interviews, these are the things you should say....Oh, and don't force oral sex on anyone, they can't STAND that."

"Hey, Jameis, when you do the interviews, these are the things you should say....Oh, and don't force oral sex on anyone, they can't STAND that."
Yea man good one fresh take, rack him

Fresh take like everyone that doesn't like Jameis must be racist? Fresh like that?

Fresh take like everyone that doesn't like Jameis must be racist? Fresh like that?
I have literally never said that.

I have literally never said that.
This is literally the first time I've even heard it mentioned.

If he was a dork off the field, or not a black guy from Alabama with a thick southern accent people would be tripping over themselves about him.
You've brought up his race more than once. No one else has.

I have no clue if Winson is dumb, but while he came off well in that presser yesterday, actions speak louder than words, and he needs to stop doing dumb ### things off the field before some believe he has the tools, the mentality and the brains to be a franchise QB for the long haul.

Matt Waldman @MattWaldman 49m49 minutes ago
I bet Jameis Winston is working with Whitfield is the spread of his feet during throws. Too wide in gms/reduces potential zip.

Jeff-LJ-Lloyd @Jeff_LJ_Lloyd 48m48 minutes ago
@MattWaldman and causes his ball to rise,

This stuff is why I like following the draft process. Learning about the minutia.

edit: and then: what's fixable? what's coachable?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wrong about Cam Newton. I was right about J.Russel and RGIII and Vince Young.

I'm putting Jameis Winston with the latter 3 - I don't have any faith he'll ever put it together. The world is full of exceptional talent physically that just don't have what it takes to excel mentally.

I'll take my chances on Mariota although I'm not just super super excited about him either.
Technically you weren't right about Griffin until he tore his ACL - he had one of the best rookie seasons by a QB in history.

I had concerns about Cam as a passer but that was negated somewhat by his ability to put up 1500/20 on the ground. I have Mariota in the same boat but think he's ahead of where Cam was as a passer when he came into the league.

Jameis is not an exceptional physical talent, so you completely lost me.

I have no clue if Winson is dumb, but while he came off well in that presser yesterday, actions speak louder than words, and he needs to stop doing dumb ### things off the field before some believe he has the tools, the mentality and the brains to be a franchise QB for the long haul.
The immaturity is evident on the field too. That's a bigger problem imho

Users who are viewing this thread