What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jameis Winston, NO (5 Viewers)

I didn't see the Bucs huddle on that last series and Winston looked like he was calling plays at LOS. Pretty cool to see a rook do that.
That's the most important thing IMO...he's advanced in the understanding of the offense and seems to control the huddle well. He's nervous and not throwing well, but I don't think that's him.

Winston has looked bad so far, missing most of his throws, but hid make a nice one to VJax.

He needs work.

Between this offense and Lovie's archaic Tampa-2 D which offenses figured out about a decade ago, the Bucs are strong contenders for an 0-16 season.

If Winston plays 15 or 16 games I'd be shocked if he doesn't lead the league in turnovers. The offensive line is iffy, the team will be behind more than not, and he's not afraid to chuck it around. This year there will be quite a few Sundays where the most important outcome for the Bucs is what Winston learned NOT to do during the game.

On the other side of the ball, I like the look of Kwon Alexander. Could be a nice find for Lovie's defense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some good, some bad, about what you'd expect from a rookie QB in his first preseason game.

I'd be more concerned about the fact that he apparently doesn't know how to slide feet first. He's dove headfirst three times in the first half of a preseason game. He's going to spend a lot of time in the training room if he keeps that up.

Some good, some bad, about what you'd expect from a rookie QB in his first preseason game.

I'd be more concerned about the fact that he apparently doesn't know how to slide feet first. He's dove headfirst three times in the first half of a preseason game. He's going to spend a lot of time in the training room if he keeps that up.
Good point. His footwork was awkward all night...I hope nerves but agree he's going to stumble into regular concussions if he keeps that up.

Users who are viewing this thread