What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jameis Winston, NO (3 Viewers)

Right here doosh. It's like his 8th possession of his first game. Not calling it a career yet.

Lovie is way way way worse than Jameis anyhow. Is Winston playing defense?

That might be the worst debut I've ever seen.

He looked lost. I don't think he was even going thru his reads.

TB has to improve their oline if they are going to give him any chance.

Right here doosh. It's like his 8th possession of his first game. Not calling it a career yet.

So the current excuse is HC and defense. :thumbup: Your good talent evaluators can figure out if a guy has it or not before they even play a down in the NFL. This guy doesn't have it like we told you.

So the current excuse is HC and defense. :thumbup: Your good talent evaluators can figure out if a guy has it or not before they even play a down in the NFL. This guy doesn't have it like we told you.
The defense the head coach runs gave up 35 points. How could it not be placed on them? :lmao: :mellow:

Sure Jameis played horrible but with a decent defense it's a 21-13 type of game. But I'm glad all of this has been sorted out after 1 game. RG3 was a stud after year 1 too. :thumbup:

I expected over reactions, but this is surprising even by Shark Pool standards. Calm down people.

Winston is going to throw at least 20 interceptions this season and the Bucs are not going to win a lot of games. Jameis just needs to concentrate on winning the war, not today's battle. The last QB to start his career with a pick6? Brett Favre. Winston has a long way to be a bad version of Favre, but as long as Winston makes strides throughout the season and continues to keep in the film room...he'll be okay.

Banana boy is already starting to blame the coach instead. I love it.
You're one of the most ignorant people in this thread if you disagree. 56 (IIRC?) at ATL last year, and 42 against a rookie with no premier weapons to kick off this season. Lovie needs to go. Obviously, that is only part of the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mariota might have won the game but Jameis draws things better on a white board.

It's only one game. First game goes to Mariota. As a Bucs fan who is on record as preferring Mariota, I hope that Winston improves and becomes the stud we hope he will. :nervous:

Coaches are definitely not good. Period. That is also a point that is at least somewhat mutually exclusive from the question whether or not JW is a good QB right now and/or will develop into a franchise QB.

TB has some pieces on both sides of the ball. However, they are weak at very key positions in the trenches: OG, LT, DE. They have a budding TE, very good WRs, serviceable RBs. They have very good interior DL, LB, and good at CB. They have average-to-poor coaching.

With the pieces they have, they should be competitive in a weak division, even with a rookie QB who didn't play well in game 1. If TB goes below .500, clean house at the coaching level and go from there.

As much as I'm a Glennon defender and think he got screwed over in not getting a shot to play a full season, I think they have to do everything they can to build JW into a franchise QB. If they go to Glennon at any point this year, it risks torpedoing the #1 pick in the draft waaay too soon. Glennon will have to hope for a change of scenery.

Banana boy is already starting to blame the coach instead. I love it.
I don't think he is wrong its the whole package in Tampa.Coaches ,front office,players.Its just snafu in Tampa.
Including a disastrous pick in the 1st round of the 2015 draft.
Oh yea I fully agree with that.I was hoping against hope that the Bucs wouldn't pull a bone head move with the #1 pick but they stuck to form.

How bad must it have sucked for everyone in the Tampa Bay organization to see that #1 pick golden boy is a flop, while watching the guy they should have taken throw for 4 touchdowns?

Regardless of how these two stories go, probably not the best time to pick the Lovie narrative since the titans were arguably just as bad as the bucs last year.

I screwed up for sure. I only targeted NFC South defenses when really I should just stream EVERY defense against theBucs.

Good thing he's confident and has a short memory. More INTs for my upcoming defenses.

Wow. 1 game and his career is over. And at the same time Mariotta is the next coming.

Quite an impact game, this was.
Yeah, funny that his is over yet Bortles had half a season of games like this, matched that dismal play again today and is still the second coming.

Users who are viewing this thread