What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jameis Winston, NO (9 Viewers)

There were a couple of folks that  thought Jameis would be the next Jamarcus...he might be the next Big Ben. The kid is a born leader. The Bucs fan are lucky to have them as their QB for the next decade.

The JaMarcus comparisons were hilarious, and anyone who researched him in the slightest would have known that. JaMarcus had no interest in football, while Jameis is a junkie. Koetter says when he gets to the facility at 5:30AM, he see's Jameis' car already in the parking lot and he's inside looking at film. The dude wants to win and loves football.

Last edited by a moderator:
The JaMarcus comparisons were hilarious, and anyone who researched him in the slightest would have known that. JaMarcus had no interest in football, while Jameis is a junkie. Koetter says when he gets to the facility at 5:30AM, he see's Jameis' car already in the parking lot and he's inside looking at film. The dude wants to win and loves football.
Let's be honest. It was because they are both tall and black and were the top pick. And people are lazy/dumb. 

He was accused and never charged. Yes he shoplifted crab legs. I don't know what baseball fight you're talking about, that never happened. Yes he stole ketchup thimbles of Pepsi (literally). He did BB gun fight as an 18 year old. None of those are reasons to pass on a franchise QB  

The last one isn't a scandal at all. The NCAA and their dumb rules can eat ####.  
Baseball fight here. It did happen.

All those things combined are perfect reasons to question his maturity. Sexual assault and rape accusations are big deals imo.

Josh Weinfuss ESPN Staff Writer 

Cardinals coach Bruce Arians, who has coached the likes of Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Andrew Luck as young quarterbacks, said on SiriusXM NFL Radio on Tuesday night that Tampa Bay QB Jameis Winston showed the type of skill last season that those three did in their rookie years. Arians expects Winston to grow at the same pace Manning, Roethlisberger and Luck did in Year 2: "I think you're going to see something special," Arians said.

They didn't get torched by the Pats on Sunday but they gave up a lot. And the bucs will have better weapons and QB than what the pats ran out there Sunday. 

In about 6 months the bucs will wonder why he sucks. In a year or so they will be wondering who dropped the ball on trading out of the #1 pick. In 2 years a new regime will have drafted a new QB while watching a couple QBs from the previous draft become All-Pro.
Wondering...which one of these newbies will be all-pro and who the Bucs are gonna draft next year.  The excitement is killing me!

The Cardinals have a serious problem in the secondary at the cornerback position opposite Peterson. If Peterson stays on Evans, I could see Jackson having a pretty good day, and Winston may just throw away from PP all day long.

He's been inaccurate today...big time...but his first pick at least was a great throw that Evans just got beat on.  Looks to me like he's throwing a tighter harder ball than ever. But the touch passes and timing aren't there today.  We NEVER play well out west...

They didn't get torched by the Pats on Sunday but they gave up a lot. And the bucs will have better weapons and QB than what the pats ran out there Sunday. 
That sure didn't work out the way you thought it would, now did it? So what happened? I mean your dude sucked ###. He was THE #1 reason they lost.

Hello???? Anyone home? :lmao:

I think at this point some of us supporters need to admit that Tampa drafted the black Brett Favre. Can be amazing one week, and a turnover machine the next. And there's nothing wrong with that. Brett is in the HoF after all. Won a SB and was in plenty of playoffs. But there will likely be some of these games to end a few seasons in the playoffs in the future. There may also well be a SB in the future if he can string a few nice performances together.

I think at this point some of us supporters need to admit that Tampa drafted the black Brett Favre. Can be amazing one week, and a turnover machine the next. And there's nothing wrong with that. Brett is in the HoF after all. Won a SB and was in plenty of playoffs. But there will likely be some of these games to end a few seasons in the playoffs in the future. There may also well be a SB in the future if he can string a few nice performances together.
I'd say Eli Manning is a better comparison. 

Lol, you were no where to be seen last week. Guess you only show up to gloat when Winston has a bad game?

I wasn't expecting Jameis to be great against the Cardinals, but I was hoping for a better performance and for him to limit the turnovers. With that being said, his receivers didn't help. On the 1st INT, Jameis saw he had Evans 1 on 1 deep so he pretty much threw it up to him. Evans later said he lost the ball in the lights, so it ended up in an uncontested pick for PP. Evans is the least of our worries and I'm not blaming him for this, but it's also tough to throw it on Jameis too.

V-Jax looks straight up disinterested and his effort on the 2nd INT was pathetic. Yes, it was a little bit behind him but make a freaking effort man. If he's going to continue to pull this crap, I really hope this is his last year.

On the pick 6, the ball was tipped at the line and still was right in Sims hands but he dropped it and it went right to the Cardinals. Sims is usually sure handed so I'm not sure what happened there but again, not Jameis' fault.

Started watching other games after the pick 6 so I can't say what happened with the 4th one.

Lol, you were no where to be seen last week. Guess you only show up to gloat when Winston has a bad game?

I wasn't expecting Jameis to be great against the Cardinals, but I was hoping for a better performance and for him to limit the turnovers. With that being said, his receivers didn't help. On the 1st INT, Jameis saw he had Evans 1 on 1 deep so he pretty much threw it up to him. Evans later said he lost the ball in the lights, so it ended up in an uncontested pick for PP. Evans is the least of our worries and I'm not blaming him for this, but it's also tough to throw it on Jameis too.

V-Jax looks straight up disinterested and his effort on the 2nd INT was pathetic. Yes, it was a little bit behind him but make a freaking effort man. If he's going to continue to pull this crap, I really hope this is his last year.

On the pick 6, the ball was tipped at the line and still was right in Sims hands but he dropped it and it went right to the Cardinals. Sims is usually sure handed so I'm not sure what happened there but again, not Jameis' fault.

Started watching other games after the pick 6 so I can't say what happened with the 4th one.
Him and Lod haven't been seen since like week 6 last year, and when Winston returns to normal they won't be see again until he has another poor game. 

Don't feed the trolls. 

Edit: and the 4th int was a Hail Mary on the last play of the game. 

The pick 6 is on the play caller, they called that WR screen way too many times in the second half, it worked a couple times at first but you have to know an NFL defense will adjust.

So you can't read? I told you that ATL D sucks right after the game. Now you played a real D and look what happened.

Him and Lod haven't been seen since like week 6 last year, and when Winston returns to normal they won't be see again until he has another poor game. 

Don't feed the trolls. 

Edit: and the 4th int was a Hail Mary on the last play of the game. 
Right. :lmao:

Last week you were feeding the trolls all you could. The trolls are dining on crab legs this week.

So you can't read? I told you that ATL D sucks right after the game. Now you played a real D and look what happened.
I know I'm responding to the dopey troll, but your analysis sucks, you know nothing about football, Atlanta just beat Oakland at Oakland, Winston threw for 4100 yards and had 28 touchdowns last year (lots of bad defenses I guess!) and finally, you know nothing about football. 

I know I'm responding to the dopey troll, but your analysis sucks, you know nothing about football, Atlanta just beat Oakland at Oakland, Winston threw for 4100 yards and had 28 touchdowns last year (lots of bad defenses I guess!) and finally, you know nothing about football. 
:lmao:  That's the best you could come up with? You & your boy got taken out behind the wood shed and beaten to a pulp this weekend. Yeah it was a ton of bad defenses. I already posted the rankings (of the D's he played last year) previously.

7 of his games were vs the bottom 10 passs Ds. NO (twice) NYG, JAX, PHIL, TENN. Wash. You can find the info here: http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/passing/position/defense/year/2015/order/false

Smoke on that.

Users who are viewing this thread