What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

what's your one "stone cold lock" draft pick? (1 Viewer)

FUBAR

Footballguy
1 1 1 Houston - Clowney (Jurb, Yenrub, Metoo); Clowney to Atlanta (Bruce)

1 2 2 St. Louis from Washington - Watkins (Tanner); Robinson (Yenrub)
1 3 3 Jacksonville - Mack (Spike)
1 4 4 Cleveland - Manziel (RBM)
1 5 5 Oakland
1 6 6 Atlanta - Bortles to Houston (Bruce); Matthews (lod01)
1 7 7 Tampa Bay - Evans (Fubar, Gargolyez); Bridgewater (Xue), Carr (Quez)
1 8 8 Minnesota - Bridgewater (Borden)
1 9 9 Buffalo - Lewan (Gottabesweet)
1 10 10 Detroit
1 11 11 Tennessee
1 12 12 New York Giants - Z Martin (Dhockster)
1 13 13 St. Louis
1 14 14 Chicago - :lol: Clinton-Dix (Butkus)
1 15 15 Pittsburgh
1 16 16 Dallas - Manziel (Xue)
1 17 17 Baltimore
1 18 18 New York Jets - Beckham (Sweet Love)
1 19 19 Miami
1 20 20 Arizona - Carr (RF32904)
1 21 21 Green Bay - Gilbert (Chicago Hooligan); ASJ (Gopher State)
1 22 22 Philadelphia - Robinson (Xue)
1 23 23 Kansas City
1 24 24 Cincinnati
1 25 25 San Diego - Nix (CSTU)
1 26 26 Cleveland from Indianapolis - Bridgewater (Donnybrook)
1 27 27 New Orleans
1 28 28 Carolina - Lee (Thrifty); Latimer (Xue)
1 29 29 New England
1 30 30 San Francisco
1 31 31 Denver
1 32 32 Seattle

The more I think about it, the surer I become that Mike Evans becomes a buc.
First, he's probably BPA there.
Second, mccown needs big receivers. His only real success has come with Alshon and Marshall, both guys he could toss it up to and feel confident that they would go get it.
Third, Lovie will put his new qb in position to succeed. This has to be one of his top priorities.
Finally, Tampa doesn't have a real #2 right now.

If you had to bet the farm on one pick, what would it be?

Last edited by a moderator:
1 1 1 Houston

1 2 2 St. Louis from Washington

1 3 3 Jacksonville

1 4 4 Cleveland

1 5 5 Oakland

1 6 6 Atlanta

1 7 7 Tampa Bay

1 8 8 Minnesota

1 9 9 Buffalo

1 10 10 Detroit

1 11 11 Tennessee

1 12 12 New York Giants

1 13 13 St. Louis

1 14 14 Chicago

1 15 15 Pittsburgh

1 16 16 Dallas

1 17 17 Baltimore

1 18 18 New York Jets

1 19 19 Miami

1 20 20 Arizona

1 21 21 Green Bay

1 22 22 Philadelphia

1 23 23 Kansas City

1 24 24 Cincinnati

1 25 25 San Diego

1 26 26 Cleveland from Indianapolis

1 27 27 New Orleans

1 28 28 Carolina

1 29 29 New England

1 30 30 San Francisco

1 31 31 Denver

1 32 32 Seattle

The more I think about it, the surer I become that Mike Evans becomes a buc.

First, he's probably BPA there.

Second, mccown needs big receivers. His only real success has come with Alshon and Marshall, both guys he could toss it up to and feel confident that they would go get it.

Third, Lovie will put his new qb in position to succeed. This has to be one of his top priorities.

Finally, Tampa doesn't have a real #2 right now.

If you had to bet the farm on one pick, what would it be?
that's simply not true. McCown's success had everything to do with Marc Trestman's offense and play-calling..McCown would've put up similar stats if he had Steve Smith and Victor Cruz out there..

it's all about timing and rhythm, has nothing to do with just throwing it up for grabs to the tallest guys and hoping they come down with the ball..

if I had to bet the farm,I'd say someone will move up to #2 to select Watkins ahead of Jax..knowing what the Jets have (12 picks, 8 of which can be traded) and what they need ( WR), if they could figure out the price in terms of draft picks they'd have to give in order to secure this pick, I think they'd do it. they also might just move up to somewhere between picks 5-8, and take Mike Evans.

perhaps they move up to take Ebron, maybe trading with NYG at #12.

My only lock is Clowney is going 1 overall. I don't even know what team that will be, though.

...mccown needs big receivers. His only real success has come with Alshon and Marshall, both guys he could toss it up to and feel confident that they would go get it.
that's simply not true. McCown's success had everything to do with Marc Trestman's offense and play-calling..McCown would've put up similar stats if he had Steve Smith and Victor Cruz out there..

it's all about timing and rhythm, has nothing to do with just throwing it up for grabs to the tallest guys and hoping they come down with the ball..
Trestman was a huge reason, perhaps the most important reason. But the fact still remains that his only success in his 12 years has come with two big receivers who are much better players than he is. Tampa right now has VJax and.... Myers/Wright?

I disagree whether he would have had the same success with Smurf/Cruz, but that's not really the point as you seem to agree that he needs two good receivers. Which they currently don't.

My only lock is Clowney is going 1 overall. I don't even know what team that will be, though.
I can't even call this a lock. It would be if Houston ran the 4-3, but it wouldn't be a shock if they took Robinson or Mack if they can't trade the pick.

I can't even call this a lock. It would be if Houston ran the 4-3, but it wouldn't be a shock if they took Robinson or Mack if they can't trade the pick.
Maybe I'm reading too much into the owners comments. He did say Clowney is the clear best player, though. I think they take him if they can't trade the pick.

Maybe I'm reading too much into the owners comments. He did say Clowney is the clear best player, though. I think they take him if they can't trade the pick.
:shrug: I've mostly blocked out owner/GM/coach talk now.

If he is there for them, I can't see the Jets letting Odell Beckham get by them. What seemed like a perfect marriage in need and projected draft spot over the past few months for the Jets and Beckham, has now taken a bit of a turn with teams like SF rumored to trade up to get him. Again, if he is there, I think he is a lock.

Vikings will take Bridgewater if he falls to them.

Bridgewater is the best QB, Vikings are in real need of a QB.

Lock it up.

Lock it up.
I'll go you one further, the Vikes take Bridgewater, but lower than #8 after a trade down with someone. They don't need to spend a #8 to get him, no way.

Bears..... Ha Ha Clinton-Dix........Hate the name love the game

Although I like Calvin Pryor more. If Clinton-Dix is gone Pryor would be next up

Here's a lock for you -- no more than 4 of the first 8 teams will be picking in the slots they currently hold. With rookie contracts at the top no longer breaking the bank as they were in the Bradford and earlier era, teams are much more free to move up and down and put themselves in a position to get the guys they rate highly on their individual draft boards.

Lock it up.
I'll go you one further, the Vikes take Bridgewater, but lower than #8 after a trade down with someone. They don't need to spend a #8 to get him, no way.

Lock it up.
conditional lock?
I don't want to go with any stipulations just so the board doesn't get messy. Otherwise, we'll need a legend at the bottom just to sort everything out by the time we're done.

Louis Nix - Chargers

CB is the biggest need, but NT is a huge need as well and they should draft him rather than the 3rd or 4th CB.

My lock will be Bridgewater at 26 to the Browns. If the Browns are passing on JF, there has got to be a reason. Farmer get a elite player at the top of the draft and the most NFL ready QB at a huge discount.

Tampa Bay-Teddy Bridgewater

Dallas-Johnny Manziel

Philadelphia-Allen Robinson

Carolina-Cody Latimer

Bengals stay put and draft the top CB on their board at 24.

Perhaps not a lock (they could go BPA) but it's easily the betting favorite - if I were Vega$ and the prop were available this is what I'd bet on.

-QG

Here's an obscure one for you:

Bortles to HOU at #6 after trade down with ATL, who takes Clowney.
Quoting my own post above and a Rotoworld blurb below, I'd say ol' Ed Werder is a day behind me. :cool:

Blake Bortles - QB - Player
ESPN's Ed Werder stated on "On the Clock" Wednesday that his "sense is" Blake Bortles would be a more likely quarterback target for the Texans if they traded out of the No. 1 overall pick.
Werder seems to believe Houston has a legitimate chance of trading down, ostensibly with the Falcons. Atlanta would take Jadeveon Clowney at No. 1. Werder says Johnny Manziel and Bortles could both be in play for the Texans at No. 6, with Bortles as the likelier target. Coach Bill O'Brien has been reported to prefer a more prototypical-looking quarterback, as opposed to a sub-6-footer like Johnny Football. Bortles fits that mold at 6-foot-5 and 232 pounds.
Related: Falcons, Texans

May 7 - 2:16 PM

Here's an obscure one for you:

Bortles to HOU at #6 after trade down with ATL, who takes Clowney.
Quoting my own post above and a Rotoworld blurb below, I'd say ol' Ed Werder is a day behind me. :cool:

Blake Bortles - QB - Player
ESPN's Ed Werder stated on "On the Clock" Wednesday that his "sense is" Blake Bortles would be a more likely quarterback target for the Texans if they traded out of the No. 1 overall pick.
Werder seems to believe Houston has a legitimate chance of trading down, ostensibly with the Falcons. Atlanta would take Jadeveon Clowney at No. 1. Werder says Johnny Manziel and Bortles could both be in play for the Texans at No. 6, with Bortles as the likelier target. Coach Bill O'Brien has been reported to prefer a more prototypical-looking quarterback, as opposed to a sub-6-footer like Johnny Football. Bortles fits that mold at 6-foot-5 and 232 pounds.
Related: Falcons, Texans

May 7 - 2:16 PM
:yes: Clowney would be perfect and downright dangerous in Atlanta.

New Orleans better prepare to protect Brees. Cam should be alright.

Users who are viewing this thread