What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gotham - a show about Batman without any actual uhhh...Batman (1 Viewer)

yeah Ive started to change my mind after reading about it. Apparently the big mystery in season 1 will be figuring out who the Joker is.

yeah Ive started to change my mind after reading about it. Apparently the big mystery in season 1 will be figuring out who the Joker is.
I read about that. It is a cool angle. If they tie the Joker into it then I'm probably sold. :bag:

Spoiler alert: jada pinket will smith has to be cat woman no?

Also, this thread needs to be tv only, no comic books, no movies (except for ones Val Kilmer was in), no pop up videos, and no previews.

Also, this thread needs to be tv only, no comic books, no movies (except for ones Val Kilmer was in), no pop up videos, and no previews.
Spoilers already out there suggest no.

There's a young Selina Kyle in the pilot. Also introduced is Edward Nygma (working as a CSI for the Gotham PD).

I've also read that there's a running motif in the series where characters are often introduced as possible origins for the Joker. So I guess in the pilot there is a stand-up comedian who Pinkett-Smith's character, Fish Mooney treats badly. But there will also be other candidates.
Who knows how they want to handle timeline issues, but it would be weird for Catwoman to be 25 years older than Batman. Like a cat burgling Mrs. Robinson.

Last edited by a moderator:

There's a young Selina Kyle in the pilot. Also introduced is Edward Nygma (working as a CSI for the Gotham PD).

I've also read that there's a running motif in the series where characters are often introduced as possible origins for the Joker. So I guess in the pilot there is a stand-up comedian who Pinkett-Smith's character, Fish Mooney treats badly. But there will also be other candidates.
Who knows how they want to handle timeline issues, but it would be weird for Catwoman to be 25 years older than Batman. Like a cat burgling Mrs. Robinson.
She is very young looking in the previews. More like a couple of years older maybe.

brohans i would like to see a show that was about the guy who makes the batman weapons and vehicles and stuff like that it could be like how its is made except about the batman stuff and then have batman show up in it once in a while and then on another episode they could do one about renovating the bat cave like cave crashers or something like that it would be pretty sweet and we would all learn a little bit about how to redo our own caves take that to the bank bratman fans

She is very young looking in the previews. More like a couple of years older maybe.

How old does she look? Bruce is a kid in the show. This seems almost star wars-ish. Where princess was too old for anakin.

How old does she look? Bruce is a kid in the show. This seems almost star wars-ish. Where princess was too old for anakin.
The kid that plays Bruce Wayne appears to be the same kid from "Touch", which was cancelled last year. He was supposed to be 11 or 12 on that show, so I'm guessing Bruce is probably going to be around that same age. That should put them close enough in age that they're contemporaries of each other.

Well she looks like a young teen. Maybe 14 or so? He looks to be about 12.

I can suspend belief for a show like this, but a cops chasing a bad guy, bad guy takes shots at cop as he's running, and then cop points gun at him and says "stop or I'll shoot", and then doesn't shoot as bad guy runs away...yeah OK.

Good first episode. But i may need a cheat sheet. The major characters are clear, penguin, riddler, catwoman, Ivy, but I'm sure I'm missing some. I don't remember fish being a major character and the major crimes dude has to be someone.

I went in knowing I was probably IN for the season no matter what. Unless it was just a total trainwreck. I was pretty sure it was going to be just slightly above a total trainwreck. I was pleasantly surprised.

I really liked this. It wasn't cheesy. It reminded me more of Nolan's world than a comic book or Keaton's world. I'm very excited to see how this plays out. Seems like there are a lot of great possibilities for this show.

Good first episode. But i may need a cheat sheet. The major characters are clear, penguin, riddler, catwoman, Ivy, but I'm sure I'm missing some. I don't remember fish being a major character and the major crimes dude has to be someone.
There are some new characters, created specificially for this series. I thought the first episode was good.

There are some new characters, created specificially for this series. I thought the first episode was good.
Isn't Falcone also a comic book guy?

I can suspend belief for a show like this, but a cops chasing a bad guy, bad guy takes shots at cop as he's running, and then cop points gun at him and says "stop or I'll shoot", and then doesn't shoot as bad guy runs away...yeah OK.
Gotham doesn't send their police officers to Ferguson Missouri for training?

Gotham doesn't send their police officers to Ferguson Missouri for training?

I didn't get to see all of it my first question would be when Batman eventually does show up howl Commissioner Gordon not think it's Bruce Wayne what is psychotic little kid he is.

I didn't 'like' seeing so many known villans right away. Penguin and Falcone made sense to introduce as they are part of the main plot, but Nigma and Ivy could have waited, it just felt to me like they're trying to tie a lot of future plot lines directly to the murder of the Waynes. I didn't mind, though, the way they worked who we're to presume is going to be Catwoman into the story. I know this is the Batman universe, but I'd like to get a feel for this version of it before meeting too many familiar elements.

Having said that, however, overall I liked it a lot (unfortunately that means it's going to be cancelled. Sorry, folks.), I got kind of a modern hard-boiled detective story vibe from it. Not quite noir, but pretty close.

I didn't 'like' seeing so many known villans right away. Penguin and Falcone made sense to introduce as they are part of the main plot, but Nigma and Ivy could have waited, it just felt to me like they're trying to tie a lot of future plot lines directly to the murder of the Waynes. I didn't mind, though, the way they worked who we're to presume is going to be Catwoman into the story. I know this is the Batman universe, but I'd like to get a feel for this version of it before meeting too many familiar elements.

Having said that, however, overall I liked it a lot (unfortunately that means it's going to be cancelled. Sorry, folks.), I got kind of a modern hard-boiled detective story vibe from it. Not quite noir, but pretty close.
My guess is, since it was the Pilot, they had to put them in to show the network exactly what they were going to be going after. Just my thoughts.

My guess is, since it was the Pilot, they had to put them in to show the network exactly what they were going to be going after. Just my thoughts.
Good point. Regardless, I really like the storytelling and wish I didn't like it so much. It's going to be cancelled for sure.

Good point. Regardless, I really like the storytelling and wish I didn't like it so much. It's going to be cancelled for sure.
No it won't. Netflix has already paid for the exclusive streaming rights. This thing is going to hang around for a while regardless of how it does in ratings.

Overnight ratings were much better than expected. As long as this show doesn't drop off a cliff, it's got a very good chance to stick around for a second season.

Yeah Falcone is. But Fish Mooney isnt.

Which means at some point this season, she is fish bait.

Which means at some point this season, she is fish bait.
:yes: pretty sure Penguin makes it happen.

We watched this last night.. Wife isn't a big fan of Comic book movies/shows but she enjoyed it and is "In" with my daughter and I :popcorn:

I thought it was just ok. I like these characters so much that I may hang with it but I feel like it's going to be a waste. Hope to be wrong.

I thought it was just ok. I like these characters so much that I may hang with it but I feel like it's going to be a waste. Hope to be wrong.
This is about where I was. I'd like to see them get off the one-note Batman storytelling from the Nolan films, the last two in particular. It got old for me by the end of the last film, and I'm completely disinterested in 22 or however many episodes will in a season of this.

It was nice to see Rawls at the end, and he seems like a great choice for Falcone.

Finally got around to watching the first episode. Holy hell, it was awful. What about this did you people actually like?

ETA: Unless I'm looking at it all wrong. Was it supposed to be a SyFy-original-films style take on Batman? Because if so, they totally nailed it.

Finally got around to watching the first episode. Holy hell, it was awful. What about this did you people actually like?

ETA: Unless I'm looking at it all wrong. Was it supposed to be a SyFy-original-films style take on Batman? Because if so, they totally nailed it.
:shrug: it's a show to build the back story on Gotham and the characters that live there.. Not sure what you were tuning in to see.. Was this what you were hoping for??

liked it. The guy playing Gordon has a good Russell Crowe feel about him. Not a whole lot of action but still interesting to watch.

I don't get it. We are just coming off a good to great batman movie trilogy that shows his origin and relationship w Gordon. And now we have this weird show and ben affleck playing a new batman. So dumb.

:shrug: it's a show to build the back story on Gotham and the characters that live there.. Not sure what you were tuning in to see..
Something other than terrible acting, cringeworthy dialog, and blatantly idiotic story? I mean, really I would have settled for just one of those three.

Users who are viewing this thread