What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gotham - a show about Batman without any actual uhhh...Batman (1 Viewer)

The kid that plays Bruce Wayne appears to be the same kid from "Touch", which was cancelled last year. He was supposed to be 11 or 12 on that show, so I'm guessing Bruce is probably going to be around that same age. That should put them close enough in age that they're contemporaries of each other.
That's interesting; I don't know if I would have put 2 + 2 together. of course, he didn't do much talking on Touch. Pretty plum gig by the kid to get a pair of major FOX shows.

Spoiler alert: jada pinket will smith has to be cat woman no?

Also, this thread needs to be tv only, no comic books, no movies (except for ones Val Kilmer was in), no pop up videos, and no previews.
As long as the Adam West version and lunch boxes are in, I'm OK with these ground rules.

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
Thought it was all right last night. I don't like that Alfred's character at all. He was my favorite batman character from the movies b/c he was so calm and collective. I get that this show is about development, but come on.

Selina Kyle is a great character though and the penguin actor is doing a nice job.

Not crazy about the Penguin character. He wasnt insane in the comics. Also liked the reference to another villain, the dollmaker. I saw a trailer with the following villain

Victor Zsasz
so that should be cool.

Not crazy about the Penguin character. He wasnt insane in the comics. Also liked the reference to another villain, the dollmaker. I saw a trailer with the following villain

Victor Zsasz
so that should be cool.
I like the actor doing the Penguin character, however he seems like someone who should be playing Edward Nygma... the Penguin isn't insane.

I'm basing this off of the first hour of the first show that I watched. I quit watching half way through the pilot though and don't intend to continue with the show because of how stupid the "Fish Mooney" character was... and I didn't like Gordon's "partner"

For what it's worth Batman is probably my 3rd favorite comic book hero after Spider-Man and Daredevil

They're gonna tease Joker all year. Im guessing the guy from the Fresh Beat Band wasn't him.
Saw the 1st 2 last night. So the guy in the pilot doing the stand up for "Fish Mooney" is the Joker???

Penguin does seem a bit too crazy compared to the older one, but that is before he gets smart. I'm not sure how he was when he was younger.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're gonna tease Joker all year. Im guessing the guy from the Fresh Beat Band wasn't him.
Saw the 1st 2 last night. So the guy in the pilot doing the stand up for "Fish Mooney" is the Joker??
I get the impression that is what they want you/us to believe. Not sure it's the case, though.
Based on the one joke we heard him tell, I'm thinking maybe that guy is supposed to become Joker down the road.

Saw the 1st 2 last night. So the guy in the pilot doing the stand up for "Fish Mooney" is the Joker??
I get the impression that is what they want you/us to believe. Not sure it's the case, though.
Based on the one joke we heard him tell, I'm thinking maybe that guy is supposed to become Joker down the road.
I forgot what the joke was. What was it?

Walking Boot said:
Thought it was all right last night. I don't like that Alfred's character at all. He was my favorite batman character from the movies b/c he was so calm and collective. I get that this show is about development, but come on.

Selina Kyle is a great character though and the penguin actor is doing a nice job.
No.
Sorry, "collected".

I forgot what the joke was. What was it?
Something along the lines of: I want to die like my father did: peacefully in his sleep. Not like the rest of the passengers on the plane he was flying at the time...

I think the Penquin is developing nicely. May be the big bad for this season. Selina Kyle was pretty good this episode. I'm not into the Batman lore other than the movies but this show is catchy so far. For a different reason than Marvel Agents but still pretty good. Not a fan of The Riddler so far. I picture him to be more... sarcastic. Good set of characters so far with some notables that should be teased later in the season... Harley Quinn, The Joker, Mr. Freeze. I think we've met Two Face.

Something down the road would be meeting a young Clark Kent.

The only thing missing so far are the POW's, BAM's, and BANG's

Selina is a good character. Gordon is growing on me, too. Oh, and his fiancee is really growing on me. Will definitely keep watching.

The whole past lesbian relationship story is dumb. Some of the secondary actors last night were terrible, and even Gordon's partner had some really bad acting.

I really enjoy Gordon, Cobblepot, and Selina Kyle, though. They're very well acted and as long as they stay the foxus (which, how could they not?), I'll stick around.

The whole past lesbian relationship story is dumb. Some of the secondary actors last night were terrible, and even Gordon's partner had some really bad acting.

I really enjoy Gordon, Cobblepot, and Selina Kyle, though. They're very well acted and as long as they stay the foxus (which, how could they not?), I'll stick around.
:goodposting:

I think the show is progressing nicely. I like most of the characters and I agree that the love triangle thng with Barbara and Det. Montoya is pretty stupid and pointless.

I think the show is progressing nicely. I like most of the characters and I agree that the love triangle thng with Barbara and Det. Montoya is pretty stupid and pointless.
I don't mind the love triangle; it serves a purpose in that it creates real tension for her relationship with James. There are aspects of James' job that he's going to be keeping secret from Barbara, but her dynamic with Montoya now means she's going to keep hearing about the negative things James does (or at least what Montoya thinks are negative things, like supposedly killing Cobblepot), which creates more possible directions the story can go.

The over acting of Pinkett has ruined the fish character for me. Seems like she's trying to emulate Eartha Kitt's cat woman but not in a good way. If she were to be killed off I'd be ok with it.

I have been pleasantly surprised with this show so far. Solid character development and interesting storyline. I'm in.

I don't feel like starting a thread for it, but I thought the Flash pilot was more enjoyable that Gotham has been so far. Both are still pretty good, and better than about the first 3/4 of Agents of Shield was last year.

Overall it's a pretty darn good time to be a :nerd:

I have seen every episode of the fresh beat band twice as well as meet them at the concerts and I had no idea that was Twist

I have seen every episode of the fresh beat band twice as well as meet them at the concerts and I had no idea that was Twist
I haven't seen it in a while but had 4 kids iterate through watching it over the years. Im familiar with their entire catalog.

I'm caught up on the show now...I dig it. I'm in. There's some pretty bad acting, but don't really care. There are several independant story arcs happening simultaneously, which gives some nice depth: the weekly murder/mystery/cop show, whatever it is that Penguin is doing, and the Falcone/Fish Mooney/bad guys stuff, Bruce Waynes story, Cat-girl, etc.

They made Montoya a lesbian in the comic a while ago, so this kinda keeps that going and allows them to explore it in different ways.

But making Sarah Essen his Captain? In comic lore, she is the one Gordon leaves his wife for so I'm wondering if that will be something in the future or they just gave her the name as a nod and won't really do anything with it.

And Jada Pinkett may be hamming a little (and really, in a show like this there is nothing wrong with that) but she has some major crazy sexy vibe going. I would like to see why she is called Fish.

So I finally got caught up on this show. I really like it. I like the little throw ins with characters that will be important later. You can kind of see young Bruce starting to get the mature Bruce Wayne attitude on how to use his money for social good. And of course watching him develop, and start to hide that development, the persona of Batman. I like both the cops as well. I think McKensie and Logue are good together. In.

I have to say, it's weird seeing the FFA have a thread where they are poo pooing a lesbian scene in a show. I agree it's stupid. But usually I'm the only one.

1. Not a complaint, but everytime I see Gordon I think he's a combination of the two main detectives from L.A. Confidential.

2. Even though I saw Cobblepot's scheme coming, it was still fun to see it play out. Nice tux.

3. Barbara's ultimatum to Jim felt forced but I definitely also think there was foreshadowing that should have a payoff later in the season.

1. Not a complaint, but everytime I see Gordon I think he's a combination of the two main detectives from L.A. Confidential.

2. Even though I saw Cobblepot's scheme coming, it was still fun to see it play out. Nice tux.

3. Barbara's ultimatum to Jim felt forced but I definitely also think there was foreshadowing that should have a payoff later in the season.
How do you do spoiler tags?

2. I expected guns, but this was better.

3. Agreed. We're reasonably sure how this ends, hopefully it will be interesting to get there.

I don't think Liza is any character from canon. She shares nothing in common with Harlene Quinn except for gender (Harley's voice has also been featured in Arrow). Zatanna is at least an entertainer, but I doubt she'd really fit in Gotham's (cinematic) world (she might end up being the rumored character of "Zed" in Constantine).

As for the show itself, I found last night's plot aggressively stupid (worst assassin EVAH!), but the production values look good.

I don't think Liza is any character from canon. She shares nothing in common with Harlene Quinn except for gender (Harley's voice has also been featured in Arrow). Zatanna is at least an entertainer, but I doubt she'd really fit in Gotham's (cinematic) world (she might end up being the rumored character of "Zed" in Constantine).

As for the show itself, I found last night's plot aggressively stupid (worst assassin EVAH!), but the production values look good.
I'm leaning towards non-canon also. There were a couple of things that made me think maybe Zatanna, she's dressed more or less in the classic Zatanna look and there was a quick comment about "casting a spell" when Fish was talking about seducing her. Probably a stretch, but Harley isn't even close.

Felt the same way. At times the it looked like a movie, but I found the assassin plot line and action pretty poor. They treat the Cobblepot action very comic-bookishy (which works well with however they were filming the episode), but the whole assassin thing was just rushed and poorly put together. I know they were trying to advance the overall plot, but that episode could have easily been split in two.

Users who are viewing this thread