What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gotham - a show about Batman without any actual uhhh...Batman (1 Viewer)

First woman before Liza was definitely Harley Quinn, IMO. Pale, devilish.

Not sure who Liza is supposed to be, though.

Edit: Helps if I watch the entire episode. :mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Neither of the girls are Harley. She is much too young for it to be. She would be about the age of Ivy, who we met previously, at this point give or take. Not full grown already. She'd be middle age by the time he becomes Batman otherwise.

I really don't mind it if not every character they introduce is someone already known in the Batman universe. In fact, I would have liked to have seen Mr. and Mrs. Wayne in action a little more before they were killed off.

I really don't mind it if not every character they introduce is someone already known in the Batman universe. In fact, I would have liked to have seen Mr. and Mrs. Wayne in action a little more before they were killed off.
What kind of "action"?
A little more than what we saw of them in 'Batman Begins': more interaction with Bruce, maybe a tense standoff with Falcone over some sort of social issue, just something that makes their death more powerful and tragic than what we've seen before. Not a complaint, just thought it could have been an opportunity to make the backstory a little grittier...

Like it so far. And not to go all Homer but the girl that plays Cat has a pretty face, great eyes.

What kind of "action"?
A little more than what we saw of them in 'Batman Begins': more interaction with Bruce, maybe a tense standoff with Falcone over some sort of social issue, just something that makes their death more powerful and tragic than what we've seen before. Not a complaint, just thought it could have been an opportunity to make the backstory a little grittier...
:yes: agreed. Really could have had the first half (or so) of this season starring the elder Waynes.

Hopefully the writers give us more flashbacks.

What kind of "action"?
I wonder if they plan on doing that stuff with flashbacks? Based on the real life age of the kid they can't wait too long or go too far back in time, but maybe they've filmed it already. I agree that would be useful, but I can understand why they'd want to keep it out of the pilot.

What kind of "action"?
I wonder if they plan on doing that stuff with flashbacks? Based on the real life age of the kid they can't wait too long or go too far back in time, but maybe they've filmed it already. I agree that would be useful, but I can understand why they'd want to keep it out of the pilot.
sure they can. Use Alfred's point of view. Or Falcone's if there is a connection.

What kind of "action"?
May have beem good to do that in the first episode only, or maybe just half of it.

The tradition when doing a reboot of the Batman universe is to kick off with the catalyst and delve in to the Waynes thtough Bruce's memories.

What kind of "action"?
May have beem good to do that in the first episode only, or maybe just half of it.

The tradition when doing a reboot of the Batman universe is to kick off with the catalyst and delve in to the Waynes thtough Bruce's memories.
That's why I was hoping Gotham would delve into the Waynes a little more; they're committed to exploring the parts of that world that we haven't seen yet, and I'm not up on the Batman story enough to know how much is known about Wayne Enterprises and/or how their fortune was built. It seems like that changes depending on who's telling the story and they only have the common element that they have a lot of money. To me, it would be great to see if they really built their fortune 'honestly'.

What kind of "action"?
May have beem good to do that in the first episode only, or maybe just half of it.The tradition when doing a reboot of the Batman universe is to kick off with the catalyst and delve in to the Waynes thtough Bruce's memories.
That's why I was hoping Gotham would delve into the Waynes a little more; they're committed to exploring the parts of that world that we haven't seen yet, and I'm not up on the Batman story enough to know how much is known about Wayne Enterprises and/or how their fortune was built. It seems like that changes depending on who's telling the story and they only have the common element that they have a lot of money. To me, it would be great to see if they really built their fortune 'honestly'.
I am sure they will through flashbacks.

Nobody builds that kind of a fortune 100% honestly.

And that's how the Wayne's backstory would fit so nicely into Gotham.
I dont think any writer would attempt, or be allowed, to sully the name Wayne.Bats is a beacon of virtue. Incorruptible. That quality extends to his parents and DC wouldnt let something like that fly
While possibly true, it would make a good story to see his dad have minor transgressions. Nothing major but maybe a few dealings with Falcone

I dont think any writer would attempt, or be allowed, to sully the name Wayne.Bats is a beacon of virtue. Incorruptible. That quality extends to his parents and DC wouldnt let something like that fly
While possibly true, it would make a good story to see his dad have minor transgressions. Nothing major but maybe a few dealings with Falcone
I am fine with anything myself, I just believe DC wont allow certain things.You will never see Superman flip someone the bird or wonder woman give a lap dance. You wont see Mr Wayne (cant recall his first name) be involved in anything shady because of his stature within the Batman universe. He was always described as a philanthropist.

Maybe one day though. Im sure guys like Miller and Moore have tried it already.

I am fine with anything myself, I just believe DC wont allow certain things.You will never see Superman flip someone the bird or wonder woman give a lap dance. You wont see Mr Wayne (cant recall his first name) be involved in anything shady because of his stature within the Batman universe. He was always described as a philanthropist.

maybe you won't.

Bill Gates is a philanthropist too, and got rich. As far as I know he didn't get into too much shady stuff, or maybe he kept it hidden, but there has to be some "business savvy".

Yeah there are certain parts of canon you screw with at your own risk. Thomas Wayne has always been practically saintly in any treatment of the story. Also he didn't build the fortune he inherited it from his father Patrick Wayne who inherited it. This is very old money. Thomas and his wife Martha are both doctors.

maybe you won't.

Bill Gates is a philanthropist too, and got rich. As far as I know he didn't get into too much shady stuff, or maybe he kept it hidden, but there has to be some "business savvy".
You are one of my haters too?

There are so many I lose track.

Yeah there are certain parts of canon you screw with at your own risk. Thomas Wayne has always been practically saintly in any treatment of the story. Also he didn't build the fortune he inherited it from his father Patrick Wayne who inherited it. This is very old money. Thomas and his wife Martha are both doctors.
Havr they ever revealed how far back the money goes and what its source was?

maybe you won't.

Gates shady stuff is well known. He stole that software and cheated out his original partners.

Microsoft also treats a lot of their employees very poorly.

Real Estate development and industry are the generic answers I've seen. Several generation is the time frame.

Now depending on what we are accepting as canon, the DC guys will have to answer that, there is also this tidbit. At one point it is revealed that Thomas found alien technology while on a drive and he was hologrammed to Krypton. Where Jor-El interviewed him trying to determine whether or not to send Supes here. Thomas convinced him to do so and after the communication was broken took the device with him. Using the alien tech he revitalized Wayne Industries and that tech served as the starting point for many of Bats cool crime fighting toys as well.

Real Estate development and industry are the generic answers I've seen. Several generation is the time frame.

Now depending on what we are accepting as canon, the DC guys will have to answer that, there is also this tidbit. At one point it is revealed that Thomas found alien technology while on a drive and he was hologrammed to Krypton. Where Jor-El interviewed him trying to determine whether or not to send Supes here. Thomas convinced him to do so and after the communication was broken took the device with him. Using the alien tech he revitalized Wayne Industries and that tech served as the starting point for many of Bats cool crime fighting toys as well.
Where the heck is this from?

Superman/Batman #50.

maybe you won't.

You are one of my haters too?

There are so many I lose track.
nah, you're a philanthropist with all your donations to Charity.

at least that's her stage name.

maybe you won't.

You are one of my haters too?There are so many I lose track.

I am not stupid enough to waste money at a strip club pal

Superman/Batman #50.
Is this canon?!?!?!

I must not be enough of a Batman :nerd: because I'm really liking how this is going so far, plus I had a bonding moment with my otherwise disinterested 16 year old. He knows a little more than I do, so it's given us something he's willing to talk about for that hour.

maybe you won't.

You are one of my haters too?There are so many I lose track.

I am not stupid enough to waste money at a strip club pal
who said anything about money?

I dont think any writer would attempt, or be allowed, to sully the name Wayne.

Bats is a beacon of virtue. Incorruptible. That quality extends to his parents and DC wouldnt let something like that fly
They just had Superman kill someone. I don't think you can say anything is off limits at this point.

shadyridr said:
I liked the venom backstory but this show needs more real villains imo. Starting to bore me.
It would be difficult to pull that off though with no real "hero" outside of the GCPD members - although none of the Batman villains has super-powers (funny how that works out).

I do see this as a downfall, as eventually the show will really have nowhere to go. I really like it so far though.

shadyridr said:
I liked the venom backstory but this show needs more real villains imo. Starting to bore me.
It would be difficult to pull that off though with no real "hero" outside of the GCPD members - although none of the Batman villains has super-powers (funny how that works out).

I do see this as a downfall, as eventually the show will really have nowhere to go. I really like it so far though.
depending on your source, Bruce is 10 or 12. The show could run for a decade before we get to the Bat. Even then, it wouldn't be impossible to keep going. though it's highly likely to die before then.

shadyridr said:

depending on your source, Bruce is 10 or 12. The show could run for a decade before we get to the Bat. Even then, it wouldn't be impossible to keep going. though it's highly likely to die before then.
Smallville went on long enough to get us Clark in Metropolis and working for the Daily Planet.

I actually thought this was one of the best episodes, even if it was still a little ridiculous. While there were nits to pick, at least we finally got something resembling substance about one of the characters.

I actually thought this was one of the best episodes, even if it was still a little ridiculous. While there were nits to pick, at least we finally got something resembling substance about one of the characters.
yep. liking Harvey, but he could ruin that depending on what he does with Oz back.

Smallville went on long enough to get us Clark in Metropolis and working for the Daily Planet.
still going in comic book form also

Nice to see an ep that didnt have to fit in everyone. No Fish was a nice change. Was getting bored with Harvey having to go see her as a first step in investigating every crime.

How would MCU arrest Gordon for murder without a body being found?

Nice to see an ep that didnt have to fit in everyone. No Fish was a nice change. Was getting bored with Harvey having to go see her as a first step in investigating every crime.

How would MCU arrest Gordon for murder without a body being found?
Yeah they wouldn't have made that case. But irrelevant now as the body showed up.

Here was the stupidest thing about that episode. He finally admits he never shot Oswald Cobblepott but he waits until he gets to the police precinct in front of everybody (ie the people that he was trying to hide the fact from so he doesnt get killed). Why didnt he just tell the two detectives at the apartment when he got arrested or in the squad car on the way there?

Here was the stupidest thing about that episode. He finally admits he never shot Oswald Cobblepott but he waits until he gets to the police precinct in front of everybody (ie the people that he was trying to hide the fact from so he doesnt get killed). Why didnt he just tell the two detectives at the apartment when he got arrested or in the squad car on the way there?
My guess is because he doesn't trust them.

If anything, I think everyone now knowing that Gordon didn't shoot Cobblepot hurts Harvey more than it does Gordon, since he vouched for Gordon. Should make for some interesting tension between the partners now.

My guess is because he doesn't trust them.

If anything, I think everyone now knowing that Gordon didn't shoot Cobblepot hurts Harvey more than it does Gordon, since he vouched for Gordon. Should make for some interesting tension between the partners now.
yep. Harvey's ####ed.

Users who are viewing this thread