What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Devonta Freeman, BAL (1 Viewer)

I don't understand why Freeman is ranked so high this week by footballguys. I know he is the feature guy but in PPR he is like RB8. Dallas has been good against the run thus far, then again, they played the Giants and Eagles.

What are others thoughts on him? He is averaging 2.0YPC.
Well, this week we get to see what he can do when he is in on all downs and the D isn't sure if it is a run or pass.
Looked pretty good to me.
Looked fantastic to Milkman. He was probably playing against Freeman. :lmao:

I don't understand why Freeman is ranked so high this week by footballguys. I know he is the feature guy but in PPR he is like RB8. Dallas has been good against the run thus far, then again, they played the Giants and Eagles.

What are others thoughts on him? He is averaging 2.0YPC.
Well, this week we get to see what he can do when he is in on all downs and the D isn't sure if it is a run or pass.
Looked pretty good to me.
Looked fantastic to Milkman. He was probably playing against Freeman. :lmao:
Lol it wouldn't have matter I scored over 200 points. Freeman sucks ###.

Lol @ Atlanta

This is the same team that left Antone Smith on the bench so this ridiculousness isn't surprising.
whats to LOL about? Devonta ran really well against Dallas and is the better pass catcher. and for the record I own both in a dynasty
He sucks B. I don't own either but Atlanta is terrible at playing their best players. So no surprise.
Not true.
Everytime 5 times Antone Smith touched the ball last year he went 50+ yards for a touchdown. So what did Atlanta do? They ran hot garbage like Freeman out there in front of Smith all year. It was a terrible decision.
How does last year hold any relevance to this year and the new coaching staff? Terrible argument if thats all you have.
Well Antone Smith is a FA and they just ran hot garbage Freeman out there again didn't they
That's all you really need to know about Smith's talent. I generally trust the judgement of 32 NFL GMs. If he was 1/10th as good as his stat line, he would be on a roster.

He is what he is. Not explosive. Not fast. Not big.

Plus he's the #1 RB due to injury. He didn't win the job he actually was out played in camp. He's playing some bad run D's right now so he looks ok but it's a mirage.

Plus he's the #1 RB due to injury. He didn't win the job he actually was out played in camp. He's playing some bad run D's right now so he looks ok but it's a mirage.
He wasn't outplayed in camp because he didnt even play in camp. Injured all preseason. DAL and HOU are not bad run D's.

He wasn't outplayed in camp because he didnt even play in camp. Injured all preseason. DAL and HOU are not bad run D's.
Wonder what is bar is for good RB play?

He is on pace for back to pack 50+ point games, I can't remember a RB who has done that recently. I don't care the reason he is absolutely killing it right now.

They were both hurt in camp, there was no real competition.

1 data point doesn't make a tend. But 2 data points do......
Divide his output in half and I will still be happy each week.....
I was being sincere. Two weeks in a row performing like this......the starting job is his for sure now.
He's bee the receiving back too, if Coleman wants that job will have to protect Ryan.
That's one role Coleman has no shot at if Freeman is playing. That first catch Freeman made was fantastic, he stole it from his own WR.

Matt Waldman said Freeman was a better fit for this offense and cannot disagree now. zI took Coleman in our rookie draft just in case.

Matt Waldman said Freeman was a better fit for this offense and cannot disagree now. zI took Coleman in our rookie draft just in case.
Yup. I don't know what some people are talking about but Freeman has looked phenomal the last two weeks. Getting to the edge, running through contact, and great out of the backfield.

This is a good balanced offense and I think he's a solid RB1 the rest of the season. Coleman is nowhere near as good in pass pro and will get some touches but only in a complementary role IMO.

Wow it's like there is no talent drop when Ward comes in.

ODD.
Weird thought this was fantasy football where we get to count production of the player not how good they are in comparison to other players...
Yes but isn't there value in identifying players that are actually skilled and not just benefitting from temporary circumstances before other owners?

ODD.
Weird thought this was fantasy football where we get to count production of the player not how good they are in comparison to other players...
Yes but isn't there value in identifying players that are actually skilled and not just benefitting from temporary circumstances before other owners?
It's the NFL. Every circumstance is temporary.

ODD.
Coleman will come back and get some if not half the touches. What is to identify? He is rocking it right now so I see no need to over think it.

Every week he puts up these numbers it solidifies a little bit more and last time I checked Julio and Hankerson are not going anywhere so it's not like they can stack the box against whoever is in the backfield.

If you think Ward has looked just as good then we'll agree to disagree. Ward looked like a guy getting yards against a demoralized defense in a blowout. Freeman has run like MJD lite the last 2 weeks.

Atlanta RB situation is valuable. Anyone who doesn't know that doesn't know Shanahan. Talent level is irrelevant. Rueben Droughns succeeded in this offense, as did Mike Anderson. I understand why people want to know who the guy will be but your best case is to just hold on to the top two, keep an eye on the 3rd guy and hold on to your butts.

Atlanta RB situation is valuable. Anyone who doesn't know that doesn't know Shanahan. Talent level is irrelevant. Rueben Droughns succeeded in this offense, as did Mike Anderson. I understand why people want to know who the guy will be but your best case is to just hold on to the top two, keep an eye on the 3rd guy and hold on to your butts.
Wish I would have been this wise a month ago

And watch out for free agents that were sweeping floors last week that will start next week. Well, that was his father at least.

And watch out for free agents that were sweeping floors last week that will start next week. Well, that was his father at least.
I'm not saying it's not a worthwhile conversation. It is. I don't think Shanahan is playing games to this point. Wasn't sure who his guy was at the beginning. Only had Coleman healthy starting out. Clearly they liked Freeman as the 3rd down guy, now he's the only one healthy. He has played better to this point and until he gives Shanahan a reason, he will continue as the lead dog. FWIW, I loved Coleman coming out of this draft class but when a guy is hot, he's hot. Freeman is the guy for now.

ETA: Forgot my main point: Quinten Griffin had a huge couple weeks in this style offense and people went absolutely nuts for him. I wouldn't sell Freeman nor would I buy him at otherworldly prices. If your team is winning he's a hold because he could do this the rest of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread