Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
zed2283

Devonta Freeman, RB (ATL)

5 minutes ago, 32 Counter Pass said:

Not trying to talk you on to the Freeman train but I think you mischaracterizing his situation. This isn't a "sudden" thing. I am making an assumption that doctors and coaches have given him the harsh reality: change your style of running or you may not see the end of your contract. I suspect that is very good motivation to make changes. I think the fact that the Falcons didn't sign any big name RBs or spend high draft capital on the position is an endorsement for Freeman. Definitely some risk but well worth the upside.

As an athlete, nowhere near NFL level, it is much easier said than done when it comes to changing the way you play. You can tell yourself to change all you want but when gametime comes, your instincts take over and if you're thinking too much about the change, your play will often suffer.

• Like 1

The Falcons were so concerned with Devonta's health, they let Coleman go and didn't use an early round pick on RB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

As an athlete, nowhere near NFL level, it is much easier said than done when it comes to changing the way you play. You can tell yourself to change all you want but when gametime comes, your instincts take over and if you're thinking too much about the change, your play will often suffer.

I could be under thinking it or letting my bias cloud my vision, this doesn't really require a huge change in running style. Don't lead with your head, get of bounds to avoid contact. He should be very motivate to make such changes given his history and how much money is on the line. 

Freeman projected at 32 and 17 rb taken off the board.  Meaning you need to invest 3rd pick to get a lead rb on a good offense that has 3 confirmed concussions and a myriad of other injuries.  The only way People could justify the pick is taking i smith too thereby locking up the position should freemen go down.  

Edited by stlrams

17 hours ago, 32 Counter Pass said:

I could be under thinking it or letting my bias cloud my vision, this doesn't really require a huge change in running style. Don't lead with your head, get of bounds to avoid contact. He should be very motivate to make such changes given his history and how much money is on the line. 

I understand the thought process and would hope that he would be motivated to make changes as well. All I'm saying is even something as small as not leading with your head will take time because he's probably been doing it for so long.

Opportunity is there.  I just don't have a high trust factor.  First 4-5 rounds is all about trust to deliver at a high level for me.  He doesn't check that box.