What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Devonta Freeman, BAL (2 Viewers)

I don't get you humpback. Mans drinking habits are none of your concern and your way of thinking has come out loud and clear, you can stop now.

If you don't think the situation has nothing to do with success, be happy with you opinion and rule the fantasy world with your superior knowledge :sarcasm:
Stalk much? How many of your 21 posts have been in response to mine?

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment, I didn't say anything about the situation, so once again you're wrong with your assumptions. He said he just drafted him in his rookie draft, it was pretty late at night, and the post is a bit sloppy, so I'm guessing there's a decent chance that he had a few and I was jealous. There's also the fact that he called the team with the fewest rushing yards in the NFL a "good" rushing team, lol.

No one is forcing you to read (especially incorrectly read into) my posts- ignore them if you don't "get me".
Why don't you ladies take this private and stop littering the thread with this nonsense.
Good point- if we all followed your example, what a wonderful world it would be.

A RB's talent really has nothing to do with his opportunity.
Dear Humpback, just out of curiosity, who are better running backs in this draft? I want to know who I should have drafted with my pick?

If you can answer to this, maybe I understand your way of thinking? I know Hyde and Sankey are better, but how many better are there?

And no, don't need to stalk you, just loving Freeman and his opportunity.

Didn't want to let this little gem fall too far into oblivion. Guess who got a majority of the carries??? I will give you a clue! It does NOT rhyme with Peeman! Looks like the Freeman hype train has come to a screeching halt. Actually, reality has set in for his owners. 2014 will not be his year unless some conditions are met. SJax gets injured or the team flops (I think I said this WAY back. A short time before the Freeman optimists jumped down my throat). Looks like Jacquizz is the #2 and the rookie is fourth on the depth chart. Hey, what a coincidence, 4th on the depth chart, drafted in the 4th round! Again, just because YOU draft him in the first round doesn't mean he is NFL FIRST round material! Maybe next year!

Didn't want to let this little gem fall too far into oblivion. Guess who got a majority of the carries??? I will give you a clue! It does NOT rhyme with Peeman! Looks like the Freeman hype train has come to a screeching halt. Actually, reality has set in for his owners. 2014 will not be his year unless some conditions are met. SJax gets injured or the team flops (I think I said this WAY back. A short time before the Freeman optimists jumped down my throat). Looks like Jacquizz is the #2 and the rookie is fourth on the depth chart. Hey, what a coincidence, 4th on the depth chart, drafted in the 4th round! Again, just because YOU draft him in the first round doesn't mean he is NFL FIRST round material! Maybe next year!
Did you see into the future or are you just watching preseason football? There's a big difference between the two.

Did you see into the future or are you just watching preseason football? There's a big difference between the two.
Awesome post man. Awesome. I don't get it but it's still clever.

I would like top know the answer to your question. Who got the majority of the carries? Did Freeman play? Who started? How long did they play? Some of us are interested in hearing about games we can't see on television, especially week three of the preseason during the last non Labor day draft weekend, so if you have info, please share.

Rodgers was the primary ball carrier. If you are interested in knowing how I watched these games, IM me. Don't want to go blowing the lid off a well kept secret! :thumbup:

I don't think anyone is grabbing Freeman in redraft in hopes of him winning the starting job outright. I think most people grabbing him are doing so in hopes that SJax is washed up; Freeman is simply a lottery ticket. Quizz is a sub 4YPC guy, and although he'd get his in the event SJax went down, I would still expect a substantial bump in Freeman's value.

I would like top know the answer to your question. Who got the majority of the carries? Did Freeman play? Who started? How long did they play? Some of us are interested in hearing about games we can't see on television, especially week three of the preseason during the last non Labor day draft weekend, so if you have info, please share.
Quizz - 8 carries, 33 yards - 5 catches 31 yards

Freeman - 4 carries, 11 yards - 4 catches 33 yards

Rodgers was the primary ball carrier. If you are interested in knowing how I watched these games, IM me. Don't want to go blowing the lid off a well kept secret! :thumbup:
Nice man. Enjoy picking Quiz. Love those low floor low ceiling type guys. They might give you 0 points or they might give you 5 points. Who knows? I'll let guys like you be the sharks and find out though.Just so you know, you're watching preseason football. Just like your "Gerhart is garbage" post after he had 3 carries in his first preseason game of the year.

Stop thinking you figured out a player and how they will be for an entire season after a few carries.

Sankey also started 3rd on the depth chart tonight. Do you think he's legitimately a 3rd stringer? Probably because you read way too much into preseason games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice man. Enjoy picking Quiz. Love those low floor low ceiling type guys. They might give you 0 points or they might give you 5 points. Who knows? I'll let guys like you be the sharks and find out though.Just so you know, you're watching preseason football. Just like your "Gerhart is garbage" post after he had 3 carries in his first preseason game of the year.

Stop thinking you figured out a player and how they will be for an entire season after a few carries.

Sankey also started 3rd on the depth chart tonight. Do you think he's legitimately a 3rd stringer? Probably because you read way too much into preseason games.
Again, don't get it but it's got to be funny if you're posting it, right! Ha! As for the Gerhart post (you did your homework but not thoroughly enough) it was written in response to another thread. Some were slower than others to pick up the sarcasm but I don't fault them (you). My message was: Don't read too much into preseason games! (if that makes any sense). Probably doesn't but I don't have the desire to connect the dots. On to the next thread for me man. Cheers buddy, and best of luck to your franchise this year!

I'm disappointed as hell. Not because of what Freeman did, but because Falcons clearly don't want to put the best man in the field.

Rodgers is ok, but I still think Freeman is better. What I'm seeing at the moment is RBBC.

Still I'm not giving up hope. By the time season gets started and the rookie players get more and more comfortable with their teams, Freeman should

pass Rodgers at some point.

Rodgers is playing really well though.
Rodgers is serviceable, but let's be honest, he's not someone you want to lean on. ATL ranked dead last in rushing YPG last year (77.9). Quizz averaged 3.5 YPC and 6.6 YPR. The only time the running game looked half good is when A. Smith got 1 of his 5 touches and he'll be turning 30 soon. If you factor in age, talent and propensity for injury I think Freeman is the inevitable "winner" in this backfield.

Guys, he can't block. This team clearly is going to put the load on Ryan. It's pretty simple. I'm as disappointed as anyone. I already made dropped him for Britt in my redraft (short bench, took Freeman in the last round). I'd love to roster him but I can't see anything changing unless Quizz is beyond awful (which I think he is at least serviceable) and if SJax comes back I don't know where Freeman fits at all this year.

Guys, he can't block. This team clearly is going to put the load on Ryan. It's pretty simple. I'm as disappointed as anyone. I already made dropped him for Britt in my redraft (short bench, took Freeman in the last round). I'd love to roster him but I can't see anything changing unless Quizz is beyond awful (which I think he is at least serviceable) and if SJax comes back I don't know where Freeman fits at all this year.
Yup

You want Freeman in a dynasty or keeper league, but I don't think he's rosterable in redraft leagues unless benches are super deep. Jackson and Rodgers would both have to get injured / suck.

I know it's kind of silly to judge him based on Hard Knocks, but man this guy just doesn't seem like an NFL player to me. He seems dull and uninspired. His "block" on the punt was about the worst effort I have ever seen. I am not feeling it with him.

I know it's kind of silly to judge him based on Hard Knocks, but man this guy just doesn't seem like an NFL player to me. He seems dull and uninspired. His "block" on the punt was about the worst effort I have ever seen. I am not feeling it with him.
Yeah, I took him off my board as soon as he got that pedicure.

Yeah, I took him off my board as soon as he got that pedicure.
Oh , I crossed him off much earlier. I didn't care for his taste in homes. He should have looked into a craftsman or maybe an English tudor.

He's a rookie RB trying to block NFL defensive linemen. It will take a minute to catch up. Writing him off based on his special team work is ridiculous. When he has the ball in his hands, he looks good.

He's a rookie RB trying to block NFL defensive linemen. It will take a minute to catch up. Writing him off based on his special team work is ridiculous. When he has the ball in his hands, he looks good.
I did admit it was silly, but it had little to do with the poor block effort and more to do with just his general demeanor. He just comes off as kind of soft and unmotivated.

Besides the fumble this game was actually a positive sign IMO. Even after the fumble they still used him as the primary back to run the clock out in the 4th. He didn't do anything special because everyone knew ATL. Was just trying to run the clock out. I still think he would be the guy if anything happens to S-Jax.

Besides the fumble this game was actually a positive sign IMO. Even after the fumble they still used him as the primary back to run the clock out in the 4th. He didn't do anything special because everyone knew ATL. Was just trying to run the clock out. I still think he would be the guy if anything happens to S-Jax.
Don't see getting 4th quarter carries in a game that was out of hand as him being the primary back to run out the clock more like the 4th back in a game that was completely out of hand. Its early and things can change but at this point he is still no4 and don't see anything from last night to think that is changing.

Is Freeman droppable at this point? I have two good starters and thinking I might want to pick up another RB who might have a better shot to produce off the waiver wire.

Was real disappointed in what I saw of him last night...it was just one game but he didn't seem to have "it'...in Dynasty I'm sure you need to be more patient but in redraft you have bye weeks coming up and after three games he looks like he may not be much of a factor in 2014...

Was real disappointed in what I saw of him last night...it was just one game but he didn't seem to have "it'...in Dynasty I'm sure you need to be more patient but in redraft you have bye weeks coming up and after three games he looks like he may not be much of a factor in 2014...
As Quez says, do not judge him by this performance. Once he was in there the game was out of hand and TB knew they were going to run the ball. Everyone on the planet knew they were going to run the ball. It's easy to stop the run when you know it's coming.

Redraft requires a Jackson injury.

As Quez says, do not judge him by this performance. Once he was in there the game was out of hand and TB knew they were going to run the ball. Everyone on the planet knew they were going to run the ball. It's easy to stop the run when you know it's coming.

Redraft requires a Jackson injury.
I understand that logic and it makes sense...in Dynasty you need to be patient...yet in a redraft you just don't have that luxury once byes for kickers and defenses start popping up...someone has to go in that situation which makes for painful decisions (I tend to keep a lot of lottery ticket RBs on the backend of my bench and you just dread cutting one and than having him be the one who hits later in the season)...as a Freeman owner one thing I really didn't like was watching Smith's TD...it was garbage time but he showed something there (which I just didn't see from Freeman last night)...the kid looked like he can contribute which adds another layer to the RB situation in Atlanta...

I wouldn't trade him in dynasty. We haven't seen anything yet. You drafted him knowing his value wouldn't come until something happens with S-Jax, so why lose patience now?

He is still the top replacent to S-Jax (who gets hurt every season) imo. Jacquizz Rodgers isn't an every down back and Smith is more of a GL.

He is still the top replacent to S-Jax (who gets hurt every season) imo. Jacquizz Rodgers isn't an every down back and Smith is more of a GL.
I guess this is where I disagree. How is he the top replacement for Jackson? He's 4th on the depth chart and rotation. If Jackson goes down this becomes a RBBC IMO. The RB of the future probably isn't on the roster or it just stays RBBC until someone emerges.

It already is a RBBC with Jackson. I just think Freeman has a skill set to replace the primary "every down" back in the current RBBC more than the other 2 guys.

It already is a RBBC with Jackson. I just think Freeman has a skill set to replace the primary "every down" back in the current RBBC more than the other 2 guys.
Not this year. With ATL's offensive line they're not going to stick a guy out there who can't pass block.

I guess I'm looking for a buyer like you then. I just don't think he's that good. It isn't really a RBBC right now BTW. Jackson has over half the RB carries despite not playing over a quarter last night.

Dude got blown up in pass pro. at least once, gave up a soft fumble and overall just didn't look remotely prepared to play. I have him cuffed to SJax but will probably end up dropping him; even if SJax were to get injured I don't see a ton of flex value.

ETA: Maybe in PPR?

I don't see him as a sell at this point because unless you can find one of the few people still real high on him, you jut wont get much of anything. In dynasty I think you just have to hold on for now. In redraft he is droppable.

Users who are viewing this thread