What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Devonta Freeman, BAL (1 Viewer)

34 touches for Devonta vs 2 touches for Coleman.

Yeah, watch out for Coleman when he returns!$!@! :lmao:
You mean when freeman gets blown up trying to run over guys 40 pds heavier than him. Only a matter of time...dude is getting hit.

Product of the system but hey...maybe he'll make it to the fantasy playoffs.
Not usually a self bumper but this thread had some real interesting posts on how freeman was the second coming. Now people are wondering if they can even start him.... :shrug:

34 touches for Devonta vs 2 touches for Coleman.

Yeah, watch out for Coleman when he returns!$!@! :lmao:
You mean when freeman gets blown up trying to run over guys 40 pds heavier than him. Only a matter of time...dude is getting hit.

Product of the system but hey...maybe he'll make it to the fantasy playoffs.
Not usually a self bumper but this thread had some real interesting posts on how freeman was the second coming. Now people are wondering if they can even start him.... :shrug:
He has already propelled most of his owners into the playoffs, if not into bye weeks and semi finals. He got me into 4 semi finals, if he scores 0 points this week he still will go down as the best surprise in fantasy football this year. Not sure what point you're trying to make.

As for his recent slow down, the whole team is awful. Julio's numbers are way down too. As are Matt Ryans. The team is in trouble.

Luckily they have a date with Jacksonville for Semifinal week. We'll see how he looks this week.

Rotoworld:

Devonta Freeman carried the ball 25 times for 56 yards and a touchdown and caught 7-of-10 targets for 45 yards Week 15 against the Jaguars.

Freeman had just one carry in the first quarter – which happened to be a five-yard score – but he came alive in the second, rushing for 44 yards on nine carries. He found the sledding much tougher in the second half on his way to an under 3.4 YPC for the third game in a row, but the Falcons remained committed to getting him the ball both in the air and on the ground. His touchdown was a five-yard toss around the right side where he just got the ball inside the pylon. It was Freeman’s first rushing touchdown since Week 6. Freeman was completely shut down by the Panthers last week, but his consistent usage will keep him on the RB1 map next week at home against Carolina.

Dec 20 - 4:54 PM

What are we doing with this guy for the finals.

I want to play him since the old play your studs theory
Me too.

In one league, I have:

DeAngelo - Starting

Freeman - Starting

West

Allen

Langford

I have no flex spot, not sure I can put West in over Freeman.

Me too.

In one league, I have:

DeAngelo - Starting

Freeman - Starting

West

Allen

Langford

Not with Ware being probable right now you cant......
i think you can still put in West. West ran well last week, Ware still very banged up and can see them still using him very sparingly against a bad Cleveland team.

I wish I had West as an option where I have Freeman.

Right now its Lamar Miller or CJA or Freeman in my lineup. Thankfully just a TD heavy league and I can maybe hope to get a score out of Freeman this time against Carolina.

Me too.

In one league, I have:

DeAngelo - Starting

Freeman - Starting

West

Allen

Langford

Not with Ware being probable right now you cant......
i think you can still put in West. West ran well last week, Ware still very banged up and can see them still using him very sparingly against a bad Cleveland team.

I wish I had West as an option where I have Freeman.

Right now its Lamar Miller or CJA or Freeman in my lineup. Thankfully just a TD heavy league and I can maybe hope to get a score out of Freeman this time against Carolina.
its too risky for my blood. Freeman catches so many passes I think I would still play him over West, not sure about Latavious tho. Decisions, decisions......

i think in 0.5ppr or ppr you play him and hope for 50 rushing and maybe 6-50 receiving... perhaps a lucky TD thrown in there.... should have a decent floor. i'd be very surprised if you had 2 better RB options than freeman though

Me too.

In one league, I have:

DeAngelo - Starting

Freeman - Starting

West

Allen

Langford

Same boat as you. I have DeAngelo, Freeman, West, Martin, Blue with a nice matchup vs Ten, picked up Michael off the WW .. no flex spot so can only play 2.

Even though they were down big to CAR all game, he never really caught any passes. Have the Carolina D so at least they bailed out some of the point loss that week and could be a hedge if the same thing happens again.. figure if he puts up a lousy stat line, the carolina D probably blew up again.. West vs Cleveland is really hard to sit down though.

Can you sit DeAngelo vs BAL? Maybe it was a scheme thing vs Denver, but they primarily used him as a blocking back -- they barely threw him any screen passes, which was disappointing. ugh.

tough calls.

Here are my options and as of right now, he is in

Starting- Freeman and David I saved Acers butt Johnson

Bench- C West, D Robinson, Tim Hightower and T Coleman

Here are my options and as of right now, he is in

Starting- Freeman and David I saved Acers butt Johnson

Bench- C West, D Robinson, Tim Hightower and T Coleman
Division clinched. Ellington back? Knee bothersome.

Cant see why they would use him anymore then to keep the rust off of him.

Me too.

In one league, I have:

DeAngelo - Starting

Freeman - Starting

West

Allen

Langford

Same boat as you. I have DeAngelo, Freeman, West, Martin, Blue with a nice matchup vs Ten, picked up Michael off the WW .. no flex spot so can only play 2.

Even though they were down big to CAR all game, he never really caught any passes. Have the Carolina D so at least they bailed out some of the point loss that week and could be a hedge if the same thing happens again.. figure if he puts up a lousy stat line, the carolina D probably blew up again.. West vs Cleveland is really hard to sit down though.

Can you sit DeAngelo vs BAL? Maybe it was a scheme thing vs Denver, but they primarily used him as a blocking back -- they barely threw him any screen passes, which was disappointing. ugh.

tough calls.
Yeah, I have some pretty stellar options at the other positions though, so I likely don't need them both to have career days.

I have Antonio, Landry, Gronk and this is in a 16 team league. My real decision is Eli or Carr.

At this point I'm going Freeman and DeAngelo, I was points winner and #1 seed with 2 losses this year. I'm not going down second guessing these guys. If my team flops it's just bad luck.

Me too.

In one league, I have:

DeAngelo - Starting

Freeman - Starting

West

Allen

Langford

tough calls.
Yeah, I have some pretty stellar options at the other positions though, so I likely don't need them both to have career days.

I have Antonio, Landry, Gronk and this is in a 16 team league. My real decision is Eli or Carr.

At this point I'm going Freeman and DeAngelo, I was points winner and #1 seed with 2 losses this year. I'm not going down second guessing these guys. If my team flops it's just bad luck.
sadly I do not. In this league I have AJ Green and OBJ, the former whom I'm likely benching due to matchup/nagging injury/situation, and the latter is obviously suspended.. got decent help off the waiver wire in the form of Randle and Wheaton .. so I can roll out Decker, Randle and Diggs/Wheaton in PPR and probably do ok. I just can't have a big goose egg in the RB slot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Freeman hasn't topped 3.4 ypc since since Nov 1st?

Hate to say it but I told ya'll he sucked ###.

and I never questioned it even when he was putting up monster numbers because I kept seeing a terrible RB on the field.

BOOM.

Freeman still sucking ### today against the worst rush defense in the league.

He's terrible. LOL at anybody that drafts him in the 1st next year in redrafts.

Freeman still sucking ### today against the worst rush defense in the league.

He's terrible. LOL at anybody that drafts him in the 1st next year in redrafts.
24-81-0 rushing and 2-18-1 receiving is not what I consider sucking ###.

At this point, you're just a hater.
LOL what? He's average 3.0 ypc for nearly 2 months. He has looked like the slow small RB he is. Sure he's caught a lot of passes but no team is going to stick with a RB averaging 3.0 ypc when they have a RB averaging 4.5+ behind him.

YPC blows but the whole offense blows and he still managed to finish as the highest scoring RB in FF. Could he be the next DeAngelo Williams? Sure. In dynasty, I'll keep him anyway.

There is a serious chance he doesn't even start for Atlanta next year. He could easily be regulated to some kind of limited 3rd down role.

There is a serious chance he doesn't even start for Atlanta next year. He could easily be regulated to some kind of limited 3rd down role.
Now you are taking stupid to new unmatched heights.
Hmmm ok. Coleman would have gotten the lions share of carries if he hadn't got hurt. Good chance Coleman beats Freeman out in camp or they bring in another RB. Freeman looks terrible and his stats were terrible for nearly half the season. Why? Because he sucks ###. The only thing that was helping him was the A+ usage which won't be there next year.

Wonder where he gets drafted next year. I'm sure we'll figure out a lot about it in camp before most of our drafts though.

Hmmm ok. Coleman would have gotten the lions share of carries if he hadn't got hurt. Good chance Coleman beats Freeman out in camp or they bring in another RB. Freeman looks terrible and his stats were terrible for nearly half the season. Why? Because he sucks ###. The only thing that was helping him was the A+ usage which won't be there next year.
Hmmm, ok.

You ###. Coleman only got the carries because Freeman got hurt.

You're a fool.

You ###. Coleman only got the carries because Freeman got hurt.

You're a fool.
Freeman shouldn't even have been drafted. Coleman has outplayed him the entire year. He just can't hold onto the ball which either can Freeman apparently.

1600+ yards and 14 tds in basically 14 games. Was a great 11th round pick and made the season for most everyone who took him. Wouldn't take him in the 1st round next year though. We'll always have 2015, D.

What's funny is how terrible he looks. It makes me think some of you guys don't watch any games at all.
Actually, we're pretty sure you're not watching any of them. I'm guessing you were targeting Freeman in your FF draft and someone stole him right out from under you and now you're just butt hurt about it.

I mean that was the worst run D in the league he just went up against. It was close the entire game and he got the ball a ton. Am I missing something here?

So one of the best in the NFL at making defenders miss is averaging 4.0 ypc for his career?

The big first half he had this year he wasn't making guys miss. He was running through giant holes at the LOS.

Milkman said:
bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Milkman said:
I mean that was the worst run D in the league he just went up against. It was close the entire game and he got the ball a ton. Am I missing something here?
he scores points, why you fishing so hard, bro?
I feel I see something a lot of people are missing because omg #1 RB in FF. He has to be good right?
Please stop. We get it. You don't like Freeman.

Milkman said:
bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Milkman said:
he scores points, why you fishing so hard, bro?
I feel I see something a lot of people are missing because omg #1 RB in FF. He has to be good right?
Please stop. We get it. You don't like Freeman.
Why would I stop now? He's been terrible which is proving I might be on to something. I don't expect people to not bump this thread if he runs well.

Users who are viewing this thread