What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Instant Post Draft Rankings (1 Viewer)

GeeYouknit

Footballguy
During the NFL draft I was getting bored so as each one came off the board I filled in their position and the team they went to and came up with initial rankings with tiers for both WR and RB. This will probably change a lot by the time I'm ready to begin drafting people in my leagues but here they are. Based on landing spot and appeal (in my mind obviously).

Top 15 WR's

T1: Watkins Evans T2: Matthews Beckham Lee T3: Robinson Cooks Benjamin T4: Moncrief Bryant Latimer Landry T5: Adams Abbrederis Janis

top 15 RB's

T1: Sankey Hyde Mason T2: West Seastrunk Carey Johnson T3: Sims Hill A. Williams McKinnon Freeman T4: Archer Grice White

There's 1 guy who will probably rise a lot by the time I finish but I just put him with someone who is similar and that is Andre Williams. I can see him sneaking into my top 5-7 there. He arguably has the best landing spot of any RB taken so he could be a late riser in rookie drafts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top 13 WR's

T1: Watkins Evans

T2: Beckham Cooks

T3: Lee Matthews Robinson Benjamin Latimer Adams

T4: Richardson Moncrief Landry

What about Crowell?
Too unknown what team he may sign with as a UDFA so I just left him off. I do like him though.
How did andre Williams land in the best spot when the Giants just signed a free agent back to starters money deal?
Jennings? He is a 29 year old journey man who showed to be serviceable... Williams has everything he needs to be the RB1
except hands
Or elusiveness.

Here is my attempt at the first round:

1. Sammy Watkins - Nothing changed here, the most talented receiver in the class.

2. Mike Evans - Same as Watkins, he ended up where most people projected he would go.

3. Brandin Cooks - He jumps over Beckham just because of the situation. Colston had a slight decline and Cooks could take over the Sproles role to an extent.

4. Bishop Sankey - Not the consensus #1 RB but ends up in an extremely great situation here.

5. Odell Beckham Jr. - May not be impactful immediately but you can't deny the talent.

6. Marquise Lee - A guy that fell and he's in a decent spot with not a whole lot of competition. Bortles to Lee sounds like a combination we could be hearing for years.

7. Eric Ebron - The most talented pass catching TE and he is in a high powered offense in Detroit.

8. Jordan Matthews - Extremely underrated in my opinion and joins a Chip Kelly high tempo offense. Could compete for a role this year but doubtful. 2015 looks really bright.

9. Kelvin Benjamin - A huge guy with a lot of tools but extremely raw. Should get a lot of playing time with the lack of options in Carolina. Extremely boom/bust.

10. Carlos Hyde - A lot of experts #1 RB and the pick shows they might not be totally behind Lattimore. Could be the load dog as soon as this year if Gore finally breaks down.

11. Davante Adams - Could be a major steal with Nelson a FA in 2015. He likely won't see time this year but he has upside especially with Rodgers at QB.

12. Tre Mason - Zac Stacy did very well last year but Tre Mason could show he is the more talented back and slowly take over.

It will be interesting what happens with Matthews. The key is Maclin - if he gets more snaps (likely in 2014) then drafters of Matthews will have to be patient. Also, lots of targets to go around in that offense (Ertz, McCoy, Sproles, etc.)which likes to run

What about Crowell?
Matt Waldman thinks that he is the most talented RB in this draft....
I think he is clearly at the top in the "most talented" category, but now that he's signed with the Browns there seems to be plenty of competition that he could be irrelevant for 2-3 years. Unless he pulls a Da'Rick Rogers and gets cut and signed a couple more times to a team with less competition, he's going to be hard pressed for playing time. Not going to be a high rookie pick I'm betting, even though the talent is there.

PPR

1) Sammy Watkins

2) Brandin Cooks

3) Bishop Sankey

4) Eric Ebron

5) Mike Evans

6) Odell Beckham Jr

7) Davante Adams

8) Marquise Lee

9) Allen Robinson

10) Cody Latimer

11) Tre Mason

12) Kelvin Benjamin

Top 13 WR's

T1: Watkins Evans

T2: Beckham Cooks

T3: Lee Matthews Robinson Benjamin Latimer Adams

T4: Richardson Moncrief Landry
Really like this list, if I had a "complaint" it would be Lee/Matthews in that 2nd tier as well.

Users who are viewing this thread