What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (8 Viewers)

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
Mine for the day:

People who don't understand the concept of an "up" & "down" button for the elevator. If you press both buttons and you're going down, an elevator on the way up will stop at your floor, this doesn't help you, idiot! Then you look like a complete maroon when the door opens, the 3 people in there don't get out, & you say "Durrrr, is this going down?"

People who slow/inconvenience others without a thought:

* Driving in the left hand lane without passing anyone

* People who try to get on an elevator before letting people out

* People who watch for 5 minutes as the clerk scans their groceries but don't get their wallet/purse out until after being told the amount

Just a few examples of people who need to wake the F up and quit being dooshes.

People who lean over the spit/sneeze guard when ordering at a place like Chipotle. They just opened this Blaze pizza place nearby and it's pretty much laid out like chipotle and this moron had both hands on top of the glass, leaning over it and pointing straight down to each ingredient, asking what it is. Those are you mushrooms you idiot, now stop spitting in the food.

Breaking before using the magic lever that lets everyone know where you are going.

Talking/texting while driving

Mowing before 8am

Not replacing weights at the gym

Placing dishes in the sink instead of the dish washer

Driving under the speed limit

* Driving in the left hand lane without passing anyone (blacks)

* People who try to get on an elevator before letting people out (asians)

* People who watch for 5 minutes as the clerk scans their groceries but don't get their wallet/purse out until after being told the amount (mexicans)

don't be a hater

Motorcycle riders who have the radio on full blast while driving!

I seriously want to pull a Road Rash move on these people.

Cjw_55106 said:
People that "could care less". Hey moron, if you could care less, that means you do care on some level...which is not what you are going for. "I couldn't care less" is what you are looking for here.
I literally completely agree with this.

Baloney Sandwich said:
Statcruncher said:

* Driving in the left hand lane without passing anyone (blacks)

* People who try to get on an elevator before letting people out (asians)

* People who watch for 5 minutes as the clerk scans their groceries but don't get their wallet/purse out until after being told the amount (mexicans)

don't be a hater
:mellow:

English teacher peeve -

When people put a comma in their MLA in-text citation (Sack, 23).

I fail every paper that does this. Twice.

Statcruncher said:

* Driving in the left hand lane without passing anyone

* People who try to get on an elevator before letting people out

* People who watch for 5 minutes as the clerk scans their groceries but don't get their wallet/purse out until after being told the amount

It should be 100% legal to hit these people with a brick.

MattFancy said:
Cjw_55106 said:
People that "could care less". Hey moron, if you could care less, that means you do care on some level...which is not what you are going for. "I couldn't care less" is what you are looking for here.
Wish I could like this 1,000 more times!
He could care less.

#1 - People who talk at concerts while the music is playing - especially about dumb stuff like the kids going to school, someone coming over for dinner, situations at work, etc

Can you just wait until a set break? Or buy a CD and do that stuff at home.

#2 - people who in a crowded concert standing room only area in front of stage who have to turn around and get group photo shot with band in background - causing all the other people who are shoulder to shoulder to maneuver around while you do it. Then you trade cameras and the "fifth wheel" has to get in picture while another in your group takes the photo - FU people

Last edited by a moderator:
People that don't use turn signals. It seems like a weekly occurrence that I'm following someone and they slow down for no apparent reason then either make a sharp turn or just gradually pull over to the side. Usually they are on the phone as I go flying by so add that to the list as well. Another one is on multilane roads people who are going straight in the far right lane when there is a lane next to them for going straight as well. I'm constantly getting blocked from making a right turn by these #######s.

People that wear their backpack while boarding a plane. Turn to load their carry on above the seat and the backpack is hitting the person sitting on the opposite side of the isle. Then turn and grab their purse to put in the over head and their backpack smacks you again in the head.

The people in sweat pants that go into the convenience store with their plastic holder for all their damn lottery tickets.

Non-shtick one...

Them: Would you like some stuffed mushrooms?

Me: Thank you but I'm good.

Them: Are you sure? They're delicious.

Me: Honestly I really don't like mushrooms. Thank you for the offer though.

Them: Why don't you like mushrooms?

Me: When I was 6 I witnessed a giant mushroom kill my parents.

I don't like how they taste, dip####.

Last edited by a moderator:
So many good ones above, I could click like on most of them...

Business Pet Peeve is when internal email conversations get forwarded to external people (customers, vendors, etc) as part of a response. They don't need all the back and forth, just the answer.

Drivers that do not understand what the turn lane is for... going straight in a right turn only lane, driving down the center turn lane so they dont have to sit in traffic and wait their turn, not turning left into the center turn lane because of the cars going they way they want to go as well....

People that wear their backpack while boarding a plane. Turn to load their carry on above the seat and the backpack is hitting the person sitting on the opposite side of the isle. Then turn and grab their purse to put in the over head and their backpack smacks you again in the head.
Oh, plane people are the worst. As soon as the attendant says "now boarding group 1: our priority members, first class, and those with small children who need extra time", everyone jams into the boarding area. Oh, they're not going to move until their group number is called, they're just going to stand in the middle of the room so they'll be first in line later. Meanwhile, everyone who belongs in line has to move around them.

Guess what, idiots, the plane won't take off until you're on board. You're not going to miss it. You can safely wait out of the way and sit and avoid this whole mess and nothing bad will happen.

And don't give me crap about "but my carry-on..." because you're only allowed to carry on something that fits under the seat in front of you. Don't whine that they're going to run out of room for something you should have checked anyway.

And don't try and explain how you need to bring a baby stroller or some giant set of golf bags with you as a carry-on. Morons.

When the attendant starts the boarding process, I leave the gate. They start 30 minutes before the gate closes. That means there's plenty of time for me to go to the bathroom, buy a sandwich to take on the plane, maybe a soda, down a quick beer, check the bookstore, basically, get anything done before boarding that I can. Then, after everything's taken care of, I stroll to the gate and board. 9 times out of 10 I'm the last person in the line, and I walk down the jetway and the line is still there of people waiting to board. Christ.

Non-shtick one...

Them: Would you like some stuffed mushrooms?

Me: Thank you but I'm good.

Them: Are you sure? They're delicious.

Me: Honestly I really don't like mushrooms. Thank you for the offer though.

Them: Why don't you like mushrooms?

Me: When I was 6 I witnessed a giant mushroom kill my parents.

I don't like how they tasty, dip####.
:lmao:

1) Drivers in the left turn lane who do not move into the intersection to wait for traffic to clear. They wait behind the line and never move up. Sometimes, they wait through an entire green as if "maybe the next green we'll have better luck finding a break." Idiots. Wait in the middle, and complete the turn while it's yellow. You're allowed to. Some of us are waiting.

2) Drivers trying to make a left turn from a side street onto a major street, and insist on waiting for both sides to be clear before turning (or, pulling out halfway and completely blocking traffic coming from their left). Major streets here have a center "chicken lane", double yellow striped on both sides, for turning into and out of for left-hand turns. You're supposed to wait for traffic to clear on the left, pull into the center lane parallel to traffic, and wait there for traffic coming the other way to clear. That way you can merge into it at speed.

3) Drivers who miss their turn or are in the wrong lane who insist on correcting their mistake immediately at the cost of other drivers. Like, from all the way at the left, realize "I should be in the right hand lane" and slam the brakes and stop and wait for five lanes of traffic to let them in. Or someone who's in the wrong lane to make a right turn trying to force their way over. I saw some idiot miss his exit and reverse down the freeway shoulder for over 500 feet trying to get back to his exit. Everyone, pay attention: just keep going and get the next one. I promise, the roads all connect. You can get there from here.

Just reminded me, unnecessary CC'ing of people on email chains.
How about the people who hit "Reply All" on something that requires no answer, but they then share all of their improper English and spelling skills with the entire division.

Time after time this just snowballs out of control.

Oh, plane people are the worst. As soon as the attendant says "now boarding group 1: our priority members, first class, and those with small children who need extra time", everyone jams into the boarding area. Oh, they're not going to move until their group number is called, they're just going to stand in the middle of the room so they'll be first in line later. Meanwhile, everyone who belongs in line has to move around them.

Guess what, idiots, the plane won't take off until you're on board. You're not going to miss it. You can safely wait out of the way and sit and avoid this whole mess and nothing bad will happen.

And don't give me crap about "but my carry-on..." because you're only allowed to carry on something that fits under the seat in front of you. Don't whine that they're going to run out of room for something you should have checked anyway.

And don't try and explain how you need to bring a baby stroller or some giant set of golf bags with you as a carry-on. Morons.

When the attendant starts the boarding process, I leave the gate. They start 30 minutes before the gate closes. That means there's plenty of time for me to go to the bathroom, buy a sandwich to take on the plane, maybe a soda, down a quick beer, check the bookstore, basically, get anything done before boarding that I can. Then, after everything's taken care of, I stroll to the gate and board. 9 times out of 10 I'm the last person in the line, and I walk down the jetway and the line is still there of people waiting to board. Christ.
or the person that shows up to the airport 20 mins before their flight and complains about going through security or long lines.....

The gas station cashier that will not give your card back until the receipt shoots out. So then I'm holding up the line when she gives me the card and receipt together as I need to put my card back in my wallet and then grab my things on the counter. As the next person is pushing their items into reach of the cashier.

Just give me my card back right away, it obviously was read because it is processing.

Users who are viewing this thread