Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
fantasycurse42

Can we discuss pet peeves here?

Oh, and the other thing she learned from her parents...   open the fridge and nothing is where it is supposed to be and things are crammed in and on top of each other.  Like the milk is ####### never in the designed milk space in the door. The only thing in the right place is the butter, but she also packs that to the max so I have to empty it all to get to the butter.

I have to ask her monthly to clean out all the science projects that the food has become.  

There will be like four ten percent used mustard containers because you can find one and think you are out and have to open a new one. 

All of these skills translate directly to packing the car correctly when we go on a trip. She now knows to not even try. Just leave it at the back of the car.

I do want to say she's a great cook and easily would put  hottest women over 50 thread to shame. 

Edited by Getzlaf15
  • Like 2

On 7/1/2016 at 1:59 PM, Wrigley said:

Ive actually shown my wife, multiple times, how to fill the dish washer 

pretty sure she does this on purpose now 

For me its one step at a time.  First, I got to get her to put it in the dishwasher ...

On July 1, 2016 at 2:59 PM, Wrigley said:

Ive actually shown my wife, multiple times, how to fill the dish washer 

pretty sure she does this on purpose now 

My wife rarely touches the dishes but when she loads the dishwasher I wish she hadn't. I'm probably too OCD about this but I don't put a lot of stuff in there -- the good cutlery, wooden spoons, big pots & pans (unless we're cleaning up after a big party), and glasses that have logos or designs that will fade. Usually if she's loaded the dishwasher I need to take a bunch of stuff out and rearrange the rest. She gets annoyed. Yeah well I get annoyed when our stuff is ruined in the ####### dishwasher, ####.

• Like 2

people who trip claymore mines on the 4th of July at 5 PM

hope you ####s blow off a foot

• Like 5

I have a couple of driving ones. (Not sure if there is a different thread)

1. When you're driving down a road and you have the right of way and someone goes really fast down a side road or exit to the point where it looks like they aren't going to stop and are going to hit you. I don't understand why anyone drives like this...

2. When there's a long line of cars stopped for a light and also a right hand turn lane next to them and there are people in the line that are like 2 car lengths away from the car in front and they just sit there like that when if they moved up some there might be enough space freed up for someone further back wanting to turn right to get out. 

On long trips this drives me absolutely bat#### -- I settle into the left lane and leave 5 or 6 car lengths in front of me, like you're supposed to. Never fails, all day long regardless of what state we're in or the amount of traffic, dip####s tailgate me, pass on the right and cut in front of me. Congrats on getting to your destination .0005 seconds sooner than me, you ####### idiot. I guess to an impatient road-raging frustrated impotent nascar wanna-be, so much space in front of me means I'm not driving with the required sense of urgency? Kindly eat a bag of #####.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, McGarnicle said:

On long trips this drives me absolutely bat#### -- I settle into the left lane and leave 5 or 6 car lengths in front of me, like you're supposed to. Never fails, all day long regardless of what state we're in or the amount of traffic, dip####s tailgate me, pass on the right and cut in front of me. Congrats on getting to your destination .0005 seconds sooner than me, you ####### idiot. I guess to an impatient road-raging frustrated impotent nascar wanna-be, so much space in front of me means I'm not driving with the required sense of urgency? Kindly eat a bag of #####.

+100. When there are a slew of people in front of you and they are tailgating you like they are going to push your car through all the rest of them somehow.  

5 hours ago, McGarnicle said:

If you are on the highway doing this, you are breaking the law, at least in Texas.  The left lane is for passing only.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, McGarnicle said:

Sorry, dude. That was me. I was in a hurry.

There's an IRS call scam going around where the robocall says they are filing a lawsuit.  We've gotten FIVE of those call so far today.  Who the hell falls for that crap anyway?

If poeple got smarter, say to the level of a doorknob, this would stop.

34 minutes ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

There's an IRS call scam going around where the robocall says they are filing a lawsuit.  We've gotten FIVE of those call so far today.  Who the hell falls for that crap anyway?

If poeple got smarter, say to the level of a doorknob, this would stop.

Something happened yesterday that made me rethink this...

I was in line at a 7-11 counter and a guy (about 60yrs old) was in front of me with his son trying to work the card swipe machine.  They had been working on it for several minutes before I got in line.  It took them another couple minutes while I was waiting.  The conversation went like this:

Dad: "So what do these keys do?"

Son: "Enter your pin"

Dad: "OK, my pin is 3-5.."

Son: "Don't say it out loud Dad!!"

Dad: "OK. OK.  So 3-5.."

Son: "Dad!  Hit clear and start over."

Dad: "How do I hit clear? I already said some of my code."

Son: "No, Dad you have to type the PIN not say it"

Dad: "How does it know it's my card?"

...and on like that.

So to answer your question, that's the kind of person who falls for that crap.

13 hours ago, 17seconds said:

Something happened yesterday that made me rethink this...

I was in line at a 7-11 counter and a guy (about 60yrs old) was in front of me with his son trying to work the card swipe machine.  They had been working on it for several minutes before I got in line.  It took them another couple minutes while I was waiting.  The conversation went like this:

Dad: "So what do these keys do?"

Son: "Enter your pin"

Dad: "OK, my pin is 3-5.."

Son: "Don't say it out loud Dad!!"

Dad: "OK. OK.  So 3-5.."

Son: "Dad!  Hit clear and start over."

Dad: "How do I hit clear? I already said some of my code."

Son: "No, Dad you have to type the PIN not say it"

Dad: "How does it know it's my card?"

...and on like that.

So to answer your question, that's the kind of person who falls for that crap.

Yes.  And these are the types of people who need guardians and no access to their funds.  I should know.  I am now my mother's guardian.

Although Dad used to let her take those calls.  Her answers to their questions made no sense.  He found it amusing.

Coworkers that don't read their emails or at the very least search their emails before making a phone call to ask a question that somebody already answered for them a week earlier. After 6 years of the same crap every holiday week, I no longer care to be polite. I have always approached these situations as if the rep was at a customer location and we had business depending on it, but I am done with that. 

Dispatcher email: customers on route 23, route 15, and route 26 will get their deliveries on Wednesday July 6th instead of Tuesday July 5th due to us being closed for 4th of july. 

Salesrep email to me: What day will my customers on Route 15 get their deliveries next week?

my reply: If only dispatch would have clearly communicated this information in an email last week. 

Smashed up names that the media and people use Or "disparaging" names by changing the person name

Brexit

Cindy Crosby etc

On 7/4/2016 at 5:52 PM, McGarnicle said:

My wife rarely touches the dishes but when she loads the dishwasher I wish she hadn't. I'm probably too OCD about this but I don't put a lot of stuff in there -- the good cutlery, wooden spoons, big pots & pans (unless we're cleaning up after a big party), and glasses that have logos or designs that will fade. Usually if she's loaded the dishwasher I need to take a bunch of stuff out and rearrange the rest. She gets annoyed. Yeah well I get annoyed when our stuff is ruined in the ####### dishwasher, ####.

Friend of mine is seriously OCD about how he loads his dishwasher. It can be pretty entertaining to mess with his system.

On 7/5/2016 at 2:03 AM, Mrs. Rannous said:

If you are on the highway doing this, you are breaking the law, at least in Texas.  The left lane is for passing only.

I got the impression he was talking about when there is consistent traffic and those in the left lane are passing those on the right.  One of those situations where if you move over to the right, you would immediately want to be back in the left to pass the guy in front of you.  Otherwise, the guy going around McGarnicle probably would have stayed in the right instead of fitting himself back in front of him.  

1 hour ago, parasaurolophus said:

Coworkers that don't read their emails or at the very least search their emails before making a phone call to ask a question that somebody already answered for them a week earlier. After 6 years of the same crap every holiday week, I no longer care to be polite. I have always approached these situations as if the rep was at a customer location and we had business depending on it, but I am done with that. 

Dispatcher email: customers on route 23, route 15, and route 26 will get their deliveries on Wednesday July 6th instead of Tuesday July 5th due to us being closed for 4th of july. 

Salesrep email to me: What day will my customers on Route 15 get their deliveries next week?

my reply: If only dispatch would have clearly communicated this information in an email last week. 

to springboard off this but in the opposite direction

people who think everyone has the same ability to remember every little thing that happens in their life.

to have a photographic memory is an extraordinary gift. not common.

"don't you remember 17 years ago at @AhrnCityPahnder's place when you were talking to @strykerpks in the hot tub while i was listening to you from the can.. it was like 4:30 AM and we had been drinking all day.. that was in the middle of our mutual 2 year bender where we tried to drink every waking moment of the day... you were talking about mashed potatoes and macaroni and drinking a Tab to sober up.... you don't remember that? i remember everything you were wearing, the number of steps you took, the cashier at Pump & Go had on a Winger shirt and wore blue Converse... how can you not remember that????????"

49 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

to springboard off this but in the opposite direction

people who think everyone has the same ability to remember every little thing that happens in their life.

to have a photographic memory is an extraordinary gift. not common.

"don't you remember 17 years ago at @AhrnCityPahnder's place when you were talking to @strykerpks in the hot tub while i was listening to you from the can.. it was like 4:30 AM and we had been drinking all day.. that was in the middle of our mutual 2 year bender where we tried to drink every waking moment of the day... you were talking about mashed potatoes and macaroni and drinking a Tab to sober up.... you don't remember that? i remember everything you were wearing, the number of steps you took, the cashier at Pump & Go had on a Winger shirt and wore blue Converse... how can you not remember that????????"

I do love how they give you more and more detail about the day they told you, as if it is going to trigger some memory about it. 

I have a few

1) people that have a presidential bumper sticker on their car.  Dude, I don't care who you voted for.

2) people that use lockers in the gym and don't lock their belongings.  Locks don't cost much, and plus, you're putting a lot of faith in your fellow gym goers.  I hate opening an "empty" locker and finidng someone's crap in it.

3) people writing a check at the grocery store, slowing down the checkout lines......get with the times and use a debit card, it's the same damn thing.

4) On the golf course, players that don't replace their divots, repair their ballmarks, or rake the sand traps. 

5) On the golf course, players that take 5 or so practice swings, take a lot of time to set up to the ball, and then duff it.  Dude, you're not a pro....get up and hit the f'n ball!

6) at the poker table - players that take too long to make a decision regarding a small bet, say $25.  It's just $25.  If you're that concerned about losing it, then I think you shouldn't be at the table!  I can understand if we are at the WSOP and it's for big money, but we're not!  Let's keep the game moving!  You should never need more than 30-45 seconds to make a decision to call a bet of about $25.

7) companies HR or hiring manager taking forever to get back to you (or your recruiter) when you submit your resume.  I know you're busy, but if you need someone that bad, reading my resume takes about 10 mintues!  Plus I am awesome :yes:

Have a guy at work that goes into the bathroom and hocks up stuff into the urinal.  So you know it's him even if you don't see him.  If that wasn't bad enough, whenever he thinks he's alone in the bathroom he'll leave without washing his hands.  But if you are in there with him and he knows you saw him, he'll run water over his hands.  Not take the extra 15 seconds to actually use soap.  Just runs water over them, grabs a paper towel and then bails.

This same guy is the one who drinks 100 cups of coffee a day so he's always brewing it for everyone.  I started bringing my own coffee in.

Disgusting.

• Like 1

People who want to show you something on their phone and try to hand it to you.  UMMM NO THANKS.  102% of people take a dump while on their phone.  No chance I'm touching that.

Man I can relate to the non email checkers.

I have one guy, who is a manager driving me nuts.

Hey when do you think X will be ready?

Me:  I delivered that a month ago. 

You did?  For the new stuff? Can you send it again.

2 weeks later

When do you think they can test X.

I SENT IT TO YOU 6 weeks ago

1 hour ago, doowain said:

People who want to show you something on their phone and try to hand it to you.  UMMM NO THANKS.  102% of people take a dump while on their phone.  No chance I'm touching that.

Shake hands with anyone?  102% of people take a dump with those too.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, belljr said:

Man I can relate to the non email checkers.

I have one guy, who is a manager driving me nuts.

Hey when do you think X will be ready?

Me:  I delivered that a month ago. 

You did?  For the new stuff? Can you send it again.

2 weeks later

When do you think they can test X.

I SENT IT TO YOU 6 weeks ago

Email is a horrible way to communicate long term schedules.

1 minute ago, gianmarco said:

Shake hands with anyone?  102% of people take a dump with those too.

Sure....but you can't really put your phone under a faucet with soap.

9 minutes ago, Gr00vus said:

Email is a horrible way to communicate long term schedules.

Not a schedule. But I know where you are coming from.   They asked for a specific file and let them know when it was ready.

I not only emailed everyone, I walked down to his office to let him know.

Just now, belljr said:

Not a schedule. But I know where you are coming from.   They asked for a specific file and let them know when it was ready.

I not only emailed everyone, I walked down to his office to let him know.

You forgot to tattoo it on his forearm, so - your fault.

4 hours ago, belljr said:

REPLYING ALL to apologize for REPLYING ALL earlier.

REPLYING ALL telling people to STOP REPLYING ALL. 

• Like 1

On 6/29/2016 at 4:15 PM, Bull Dozier said:

The biggest pet peeve I have with my wife is her habitual tardiness.  I'm a "early is on time, on time is late" kind of person, so it causes friction.  We've gotten better over the years (I've calmed down, she's gone from being 30 minutes late for everything minimum, to occasionally only 5).  If we're going out, it's the same routine.  She sits around doing nothing (looking at facebook usually) until she no longer has enough time to get ready, then she starts.  I'm sitting around waiting since I've been ready to go since a half hour before we were supposed to.  I'll peek in the bathroom every once in a while to prod her along.

Well, last weekend, we were going out with her friends.  This is one of those instances where I've learned to not give a #### if we are late, so I don't push or prod her and I just wait without care until she's ready.  Well, we were supposed to pick them up at 6:30 on Saturday.  I was sitting around at 6:30, and decided I'd go get something from our bedroom before we left.  I walk in, and there she is sitting on the bed, all ready to go, looking at facebook on her phone.  She see's me and jumps up with the "got caught with her hand in the cookie jar" look on her face.  I'm ready! I'm ready! she tells me trying to cut me off from giving her a hard time about being late.  "How long were you going to sit there before you told me you were ready?" I asked.  Her response?  "It's only 6:30!"

We solved that problem a long time ago. I simply state what time the bus is leaving and if she wants to be part of my night she will be ready including all clothes and make up by the set time. I usually make that announcement 2-3 hours ahead of time so there are no surprises. I've pulled away from the house on more than one occasion.  

Plan B: I just toke until she is ready to split if I'm waiting. She prefers I'm not high driving so she usually doesn't keep me waiting long.   

18 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

We solved that problem a long time ago. I simply state what time the bus is leaving and if she wants to be part of my night she will be ready including all clothes and make up by the set time. I usually make that announcement 2-3 hours ahead of time so there are no surprises. I've pulled away from the house on more than one occasion.  

Plan B: I just toke until she is ready to split if I'm waiting. She prefers I'm not high driving so she usually doesn't keep me waiting long.   

I agree with you both that the tardiness in getting ready is ridiculously annoying, but these two statements.....wtf is wrong with you.

5 minutes ago, doowain said:

I agree with you both that the tardiness in getting ready is ridiculously annoying, but these two statements.....wtf is wrong with you.

Option 1 is simply stating that if you are not ready by the time we agreed upon, rather than fuss back and forth about it I simply leave. 

Now if I do leave, it's simply a trip to the Shell station to gas up and grab a cold water, put a little scare in her that I might be going out on my own. I come back 5-10 minutes later and she is magically ready. 

And when I'm too tired to play that game I just toke up and wait, what's the problem? 

Just now, Ministry of Pain said:

Option 1 is simply stating that if you are not ready by the time we agreed upon, rather than fuss back and forth about it I simply leave. 

Now if I do leave, it's simply a trip to the Shell station to gas up and grab a cold water, put a little scare in her that I might be going out on my own. I come back 5-10 minutes later and she is magically ready. 

And when I'm too tired to play that game I just toke up and wait, what's the problem? 

With Option 1 -- it's the attitude that "if you want to be part of my night" that's odd.  I agree with the premise, but the attitude is interesting.

What's the problem?  How about driving high?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, doowain said:

With Option 1 -- it's the attitude that "if you want to be part of my night" that's odd.  I agree with the premise, but the attitude is interesting.

I was hoping you would talk about the last one, but I'll address the first. I don't know that I ever worded it the way I posted and I usually say it with a big smile on my face to my wife so she knows I don't really want to be without her on a potential date night. 

The 2nd part...I wish more drivers would toke up. In SoCal where I lived, a lot of people are driving around high and at reduced speeds. There is so much traffic you rarely get the car over 35 MPH anyways. I guess I just continued with that mind set when I came back to Florida. 

I had a minor fender bender leaving the cop/baseball bar going into Dodger Stadium once, I had been drinking. I have never come close to an accident when high on ganja, and I don't smoke the same amount I would at say 8:00 at night as I am settling in for a TV show or movie. We're talking 2-3-4 hits, not an entire bowl or two.

What do you think those e-cigs folks are doing in their cars? I don't personally own one and I'm not wild about what is referred to as "wax" but the people piling into these places are usually weed smokers or at least in SoCal/SFL where I roam.   

26 minutes ago, doowain said:

got pulled over by the cops once about 3 minutes after finishing a joint with the windows up. no way to ignore the cloud that billowed out when i rolled down my window. 

all they had to say was "wear some shoes next time you drive.. driving barefoot is dangerous".

• Like 2

On July 5, 2016 at 2:03 AM, Mrs. Rannous said:

This is another pet peeve - people who refuse to acknowledge or can't comprehend that McGarnicle's scenario happens a lot and has nothing to do with the passing in the left lane only law.  

• Like 1

On July 6, 2016 at 9:14 AM, parasaurolophus said:

I just forward the original email with a "FYI"

The way many websites load these days.

OLD - Page just loaded.

NOW - Page loads and sections load all over the place.  You think it's done loading and you click on something only to find out the page is still loading and you clicked on something else and are taken elsewhere.  WTF decided this was better?

• Like 6

7 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

This is another pet peeve - people who refuse to acknowledge or can't comprehend that McGarnicle's scenario happens a lot and has nothing to do with the passing in the left lane only law.  

How about people who can't read the qualifier on my post?  I said, "IF you are doing this on the HIGHWAY..."

Learn to read.

6 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

The way many websites load these days.

OLD - Page just loaded.

NOW - Page loads and sections load all over the place.  You think it's done loading and you click on something only to find out the page is still loading and you clicked on something else and are taken elsewhere.  WTF decided this was better?

Many sites are now optimized for Chrome.  That could be your problem here.

14 minutes ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

I only use Chrome.

How about people who can't take no for an answer.  If they don't get the answer they want, they play the guilt trip or get pissed off.  I know it's a very human reaction but it drives me nutz

• Like 1

1 hour ago, need2know said:

How about people who can't take no for an answer.  If they don't get the answer they want, they play the guilt trip or get pissed off.  I know it's a very human reaction but it drives me nutz

usually the same guy that doesn't believe anything a person says, plays detective trying to suss out the "truth" and refuses to let it go until you snap

"what are you doing this weekend?"

"nothing... nothing at all"

"you sure? nothing? not even going to the grocery store?"

"nothing"

"that doesn't seem right.. you won't even go get gas or something?"

"nope. i'm not leaving my house"

"i bet you do"

"nope"

"you will. i guarantee it"

"SHUT THE #### UP! JUST SHUT THE #### UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

usually the same guy that doesn't believe anything a person says, plays detective trying to suss out the "truth" and refuses to let it go until you snap

"what are you doing this weekend?"

"nothing... nothing at all"

"you sure? nothing? not even going to the grocery store?"

"nothing"

"that doesn't seem right.. you won't even go get gas or something?"

"nope. i'm not leaving my house"

"i bet you do"

"nope"

"you will. i guarantee it"

"SHUT THE #### UP! JUST SHUT THE #### UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The above doesn't make sense.  I don't think this has ever happened to you.  Right?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

The above doesn't make sense.  I don't think this has ever happened to you.  Right?

:deadbanana:

8 hours ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

They should optimize them for user experience. 

And the user experience on websites sucks right now. 

• Like 1