Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
fantasycurse42

Can we discuss pet peeves here?

In addition to all of the above, the tinny sound coming out of most phones is awful. It would sound better to them if they used those headphones we keep buying them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bull Dozier said:

I'll go one better.  My wife will watch videos on her phone while I'm watching TVs.

I cannot tell you how many headphones I have bought her.

Mine too.....drives me nuts

14 hours ago, nirad3 said:

I think I've probably mentioned it twice in this thread but it's just not getting any better.  In fact, it may be getting worse.

People that watch videos without headphones on their phones in public places.  It's a freakin' epidemic, man.  People just have no sense of awareness.  Especially with cell phones.  

I'll admit; I'm fairly tethered to my phone, but I would *never* watch a video with the sound up in a public place.

If you do this, you are a turd ... plain and simple.  Stop it.

I cant believe how often i see employees doing this on their break. Target starbucks is like a phone video hell. 

Phones that don't have speakers in the front, causing me to annoy everyone else whilst I can barely hear it...........................:excited:

edit....yeah, those people do suck.  Either get headphones or go somewhere else, go in your car ya jerks.

Edited by ghostguy123

1 hour ago, arrow1 said:

Mine too.....drives me nuts

I guess there's more.

If "I'm" watching something (ie, we're both in the room with the TV on, but its sports or a show she isn't really interested in) she's on her phone 100% of the time (occasionally playing videos).

If "we're" watching something (ie, she picked the show and expects me to be interested in it even though it is some ridiculous soap opera) and I pull out my phone she complains that I am on my phone and it is interrupting out quality time (never mind I have my phone on silence or head phones in).

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Bull Dozier said:

I guess there's more.

If "I'm" watching something (ie, we're both in the room with the TV on, but its sports or a show she isn't really interested in) she's on her phone 100% of the time (occasionally playing videos).

If "we're" watching something (ie, she picked the show and expects me to be interested in it even though it is some ridiculous soap opera) and I pull out my phone she complains that I am on my phone and it is interrupting out quality time (never mind I have my phone on silence or head phones in).

This....exactly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Bull Dozier said:

I guess there's more.

Exactly.  She plays videos loudly but if I do during a show she's interested in she says my phone is disturbing/distracting her.  Truth is I hardly ever have my phone with me while in the living room watching TV.  She always does because our daughter constantly chats/sends her short clips to watch.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Leroy Hoard said:

It's pretty much the reason the main reason for headphones. 

Pretty much.  I feel like going out and buying a case of the cheap ones to hand out to these morons.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

Do you savages just have one TV? 

I have six, but for some reason my wife insists we watch together, even when there are a million things I want to watch, a million things she wants to watch, but zero things we both want to watch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Bull Dozier said:

I have six, but for some reason my wife insists we watch together, even when there are a million things I want to watch, a million things she wants to watch, but zero things we both want to watch.

yep....togetherness

• Like 1

Answer, 2 TVs in the same room, one with wireless headphones. 

Another wife one.  Wife calls asking me what we should do for dinner, when I reply "i dont know" she gets mad.

HEY!!!!  You dont know either lady!!!!!!!!!!

22 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Answer, 2 TVs in the same room, one with wireless headphones. 

Another wife one.  Wife calls asking me what we should do for dinner, when I reply "i dont know" she gets mad.

HEY!!!!  You dont know either lady!!!!!!!!!!

I'm on a roll with the wife lately.  This reminded me of another one.

My wife does all the grocery "shopping" (she orders online and they are delivered).  She will plan out meals for the week, then order groceries.  On a good week, she will text me a list of what we are supposed to have each day of the week.  This may sound all good and well, but there are a few critical issues with her methodology:

1 - She will tell me what is for dinner, but never tell me where she got a recipe from.  Nothing is ever repeated, always something new she found.  I do all the cooking during the week, so she's done all this legwork, but I still have to ask for a link or where I can find the recipe.  No biggie, but annoying.

2 - She never looks at the schedule of what is coming up that week to plan dinners.  So she'll have some elaborate meal requiring a bunch of prep on a day both kids have baseball, so I will get started never having made this meal, only to realize too late it won't be ready before they leave.  I do all this work and they head out the door with a sandwich or pizza rolls.

3 - She will inevitably leave out some key ingredient that I scour the house for (we have to fridges, so sometimes the stuff gets split up). So after looking all over I text her and ask her if we have X and she'll say something like "no, i didn't think that was necessary and I was trying to save some calories."  Ya, like we didn't need this sour cream that is the BASE OF THE SAUCE I AM TRYING TO MAKE.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bull Dozier said:

My wife does all the grocery "shopping" (she orders online and they are delivered).  She will plan out meals for the week, then order groceries.  On a good week, she will text me a list of what we are supposed to have each day of the week.  This may sound all good and well, but there are a few critical issues with her methodology:

1 - She will tell me what is for dinner, but never tell me where she got a recipe from.  Nothing is ever repeated, always something new she found.  I do all the cooking during the week, so she's done all this legwork, but I still have to ask for a link or where I can find the recipe.  No biggie, but annoying.

2 - She never looks at the schedule of what is coming up that week to plan dinners.  So she'll have some elaborate meal requiring a bunch of prep on a day both kids have baseball, so I will get started never having made this meal, only to realize too late it won't be ready before they leave.  I do all this work and they head out the door with a sandwich or pizza rolls.

3 - She will inevitably leave out some key ingredient that I scour the house for (we have to fridges, so sometimes the stuff gets split up). So after looking all over I text her and ask her if we have X and she'll say something like "no, i didn't think that was necessary and I was trying to save some calories."  Ya, like we didn't need this sour cream that is the BASE OF THE SAUCE I AM TRYING TO MAKE.  

This sounds miserable. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Bull Dozier said:

My wife does all the grocery "shopping" (she orders online and they are delivered). 

i do all the grocery shopping & cooking in our house. out of necessity.

was out a couple weeks back with the whole family in tow, popped in to the grocery store to grab a handful of things since we were nearby.

the look of amazement on my wife's face as we walked the aisles...... like she didn't realize a place existed where one could buy ready-made foods, ingredients for meals, drinks, etc. she even asked me if they had milk :mellow: then marveled at the cost.

if i had to guess she hadn't been in a grocery store for more than a few moments in a decade.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Women in general.  

Sometimes I think it might be easier to be gay, until I think of the sex part.  What are we to do boys, what are we to do.

Another one from yesterday.  Was at grocery store and in line 4 with a couple things.  Line was about 5 deep.  I was #5.  Another cashier walked over and said "come over to line 3". It was like she sent out the bat signal or something cause two people from outta nowhere quickly scurried into line 3 with their full carts.  

Not sure if my pet peeve is with these jerk customers, or with the cashier who just throws out a random comment for all to hear rather than first just telling the people in the line next to the one she is about to open, only to have these rats scurry towards her from all corners of the store.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Women in general.  

Sometimes I think it might be easier to be gay, until I think of the sex part.  What are we to do boys, what are we to do.

Another one from yesterday.  Was at grocery store and in line 4 with a couple things.  Line was about 5 deep.  I was #5.  Another cashier walked over and said "come over to line 3". It was like she sent out the bat signal or something cause two people from outta nowhere quickly scurried into line 3 with their full carts.  

Not sure if my pet peeve is with these jerk customers, or with the cashier who just throws out a random comment for all to hear rather than first just telling the people in the line next to the one she is about to open, only to have these rats scurry towards her from all corners of the store.

This is a good one.  

Me: What do you want to eat for dinner tonight, honey?

Wife: I don't know, what do you want?

Me: How about Mexican?

Wife: No, I had Mexican for lunch two days ago.

Me: How about the Italian place? 

Wife: Well I was going to make spaghetti tomorrow night, so no, not there. 

Me: How about we order a pizza? 

Wife: The kids had pizza last night while you were out of town for work. 

Me: Ok so where do you want to go? 

Her: I dunno...what are you in the mood for? 

Me:  Literally anything, because my body can handle eating the same thing twice in one week which apparently is a unique skill these days...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mr. furley said:

was out a couple weeks back with the whole family in tow, popped in to the grocery store to grab a handful of things since we were nearby.

the look of amazement on my wife's face as we walked the aisles...... like she didn't realize a place existed where one could buy ready-made foods, ingredients for meals, drinks, etc. she even asked me if they had milk :mellow: then marveled at the cost.

if i had to guess she hadn't been in a grocery store for more than a few moments in a decade.

Oh come on!

1 hour ago, parasaurolophus said:

This sounds miserable. 

It's not every week, but definitely frequent enough to be a pet peeve.

Of course none of them annoy me enough to want to take over shopping and meal planning, so here we are.

21 minutes ago, wlwiles said:

Me: What do you want to eat for dinner tonight, honey?

Wife: I don't know, what do you want?

You could have just ended it here, the rest is just gravy on the pet peeve sandwich.  

I have read somewhere the correct move here would be to just decide and make it happen, without suggesting anything after she asks "i dont know, what do you want".  Women like take charge kind of men.  Apparently.  I dont know.  I dont know what they want.  It changes during the middle of their own sentences.

• Laughing 1

2 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

This is a pet peeve of my wife's and I guess I'm on board.  That being said, I was at the local Smart and Final (love this place btw) and I think I was #5 in line (only register open, mind you... and 2 people already had their items on the belt) and they opened a second register and heard the call from the cashier and there were a couple of doofuses in front of me that kinda looked around... paused... looked around again... and at least 5 good seconds went by, maybe more... and I just shrugged and said "OK I'll go...".  I only had 3 items and they had full carts so I didn't feel too bad about it.  Am I a scurrying rat?  :oldunsure:

Crumbs/sand/bowShyit stuck to the bottom of my feet.

Drives me nuts.

I’ve got hardwood floors throughout the house. 2 cats. 2 roomba’s - one on each floor.

Still ... no matter how clean the floors are, i always have little pieces of SOMETHING on my feet while walking around the house.

French!!! 

Not to mention it’s getting humid, but still not warm enough to close the windows and turn on the AC (Michigan) ... so it’s just sticky in the house all day. Which leads to more anger ... and more schit sticking  to the bottom of my feet.

whiskey helps. 

Edited by Ray Barboni
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ChiefD said:

Do you savages just have one TV? 

Yes.

6 hours ago, Bull Dozier said:

I hate your wife.

5 hours ago, mr. furley said:

I've hated your wife for a long time now.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

17 hours ago, nirad3 said:

Am I a scurrying rat?  :oldunsure:

No.  You were actually in line and didn't bolt at first opportunity.  

However it was still stupid of them to openly announce it.  The right move is to come to the line you are in and tell those people a new register is opening.  Then you three can figure out who goes first.

#!$!%!%! taking meetings from his desk. which is 8 feet from me. on speaker. 

this is my nightmare

adjusting my positivity score down to -11

• Love 1
  • Laughing 1

6 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

this is my nightmare

he clearly doesn't respect you.  

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

this is my nightmare

Had a VP in our office suite that used to have meetings on her phone and wouldn't close her door.  She was the worst about complaining about my boss and I (only 2 guys in the suite) just raising our voices to talk since our offices are the last 2 in the suite.  She finally had enough I guess so came and closed my door one day while we talked so I had to get up to go in his office.  Next time she had a teleconference on speaker, I got up and closed her office door.  All she ever said about it was touche'.  😂

Edited by Bogeys
  • Like 1

Taking a break from the wife pet peeves to add a work pet peeve.

People who think their time is infitinely more valuable than yours.  I have two colleagues (one a salesman, and one a lawyer) who both subscribe to this idea about themselves.  If you send either one an email that isn't 100 percent crystal clear to them what the question is, they will call you.  But not just call you for clarification, the call is always the same:

Me: Hello
Them: Hi, this is d-bash x, calling about your email on Y
Me: OK?
Them: So, are you asking....hold on a second...(they are clearing reading the email now...reading it to themselves....talking to themselves....two minutes later)
Them: OK, so you're asking blah blah blah?
Me: Yep
Them: OK *click*

WTF not go through that AFTER you read the whole email? :rant:

going to street festivals and instead of arts & crafts tents/booths it's 90% #### you would see at a mall kiosk.. or from an MLM solicitation.

no i don't want tupperware, or anything from Pure Romance. definitely not a subscription to the newspaper or a sales pitch for new siding.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mr. furley said:

going to street festivals and instead of arts & crafts tents/booths it's 90% #### you would see at a mall kiosk.. or from an MLM solicitation.

no i don't want tupperware, or anything from Pure Romance. definitely not a subscription to the newspaper or a sales pitch for new siding.

why you hate rank n' file hustling schlubs so much?

5 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

why you hate rank n' file hustling schlubs so much?

i'm a FBG. i don't have time to mingle with these plebes.

• Laughing 1

On 6/3/2019 at 11:59 AM, mr. furley said:

Okay, but don't you go complaining when it starts raining so much that you wished you had waterproofed your basement.

• Like 1

Gas stations with empty or non-existent windshield washer stations.

Is this an overall woman thing or just mine?     She never truly completes any household task.  She always gets it to about 98% there and then for some reason doesn't close it out.

- Does all the laundry and folds all the laundry....but then just lets it sit in piles in the laundry room (take it up to the rooms and put it away!)

- Sweeps all the hardwood floors into one of those bins with a handle...but then just leaves the bin sitting full of all the garbage wherever she swept last (dump the garbage out and hang the broom/bin back up!)

- Puts dishes into the dishwasher....but then feels compelled to "soak" the final 2 items...doesn't matter what it is, bowls, cups, whatever (just put all of it in the Dishwasher!)

- Cleans a room up that has some of her piles of mail, magazines, kids homework, etc....then just moves those piles to a different room (throw the crap out or do something with it!)

- Loves her beverages...opens up a bottle or a can...drinks about 90% of it and then puts the remaining 3 sips into the fridge so we have about 7 open bottles of random drinks (just finish it or dump it out and put the bottle in recyclable bin!)

- Buys a bunch of flowers to plant...has an afternoon of no kids and tells me she just wants to get these planted.  Plants about 18 of the 20 containers, but for some reason doesn't do the last 2 and now they sit on top of the mulch dieing.  (just take the extra 15 minutes to get them all planted!)

- We have a system for mowing the lawn....I do the rider mower which takes care of about 80% of lawn space, she does the push mower to get the other 20% down in ditch areas, etc.  She finishes her mowing and just leaves the push mower right there to go inside to get a drink.  Ultimately ends in me having to push the mower up to the shed to put it away.   In the rare occasion she does actually put the mower back in the shed, she'll ultimately not close up the doors and lock up the shed which ultimately ends in me having to go do it.  (why is that so hard to push a padlock together?!?!)

She's extremely hot and great in bed though, so I let it all slide.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, offdee said:

Is this an overall woman thing or just mine?     She never truly completes any household task.  She always gets it to about 98% there and then for some reason doesn't close it out.

- Does all the laundry and folds all the laundry....but then just lets it sit in piles in the laundry room (take it up to the rooms and put it away!)

- Sweeps all the hardwood floors into one of those bins with a handle...but then just leaves the bin sitting full of all the garbage wherever she swept last (dump the garbage out and hang the broom/bin back up!)

- Puts dishes into the dishwasher....but then feels compelled to "soak" the final 2 items...doesn't matter what it is, bowls, cups, whatever (just put all of it in the Dishwasher!)

- Cleans a room up that has some of her piles of mail, magazines, kids homework, etc....then just moves those piles to a different room (throw the crap out or do something with it!)

- Loves her beverages...opens up a bottle or a can...drinks about 90% of it and then puts the remaining 3 sips into the fridge so we have about 7 open bottles of random drinks (just finish it or dump it out and put the bottle in recyclable bin!)

- Buys a bunch of flowers to plant...has an afternoon of no kids and tells me she just wants to get these planted.  Plants about 18 of the 20 containers, but for some reason doesn't do the last 2 and now they sit on top of the mulch dieing.  (just take the extra 15 minutes to get them all planted!)

- We have a system for mowing the lawn....I do the rider mower which takes care of about 80% of lawn space, she does the push mower to get the other 20% down in ditch areas, etc.  She finishes her mowing and just leaves the push mower right there to go inside to get a drink.  Ultimately ends in me having to push the mower up to the shed to put it away.   In the rare occasion she does actually put the mower back in the shed, she'll ultimately not close up the doors and lock up the shed which ultimately ends in me having to go do it.  (why is that so hard to push a padlock together?!?!)

look at this ####### guy with a wife who actually helps out around the house and yard

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2
  • Thinking 1

I know my wife can take a 15 minute task and turn it into 2 hours...

so there is that

• Like 2

3 hours ago, offdee said:

your wife cuts the grass?  wow mine hasnt touched a lawnmower in her life.  you should feel blessed

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, belljr said:

I know my wife can take a 15 minute task and turn it into 2 hours...

so there is that

yes for example i can go to the grocery store get a few items and return in 30-45 min.  she does the same task and shes gone for 3 hours

1 minute ago, need2know said:

your wife cuts the grass?  wow mine hasnt touched a lawnmower in her life.  you should feel blessed

She says she actually enjoys it....calming and is like "giving the grass a haircut" (she's a hair stylist).

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, need2know said:

I remember when we got our first house, my wife told me how she liked to cut the grass.  We were dirt poor, so our first lawn mower was a push/rotary mower.  She wasn't strong enough to push it through thick grass, so I cut the lawn.

Then we got a cheap used gas mower at a garage sale.  She wasn't strong enough to pull start it, so I cut the lawn.

Then we moved to a new house with a bigger yard, so I bought a good new mower from Sears.  Even though it was self propelled, she wasn't strong enough to start it, or maneuver it around the yard, so I cut the lawn.

Last year I bough a lightweight electric start mower.  She said "aren't the boys old enough to cut the grass now?"  

Edited by Bull Dozier
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

well played...

by her

I can tell when my wife has been out doing gardening/yard work.  There are always tools left strewn about. Always.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

People who sit in a window seat in a plane and put the shade down as soon as they sit down and leave it down until they get off the flight.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

People who sit in a window seat in a plane and put the shade down as soon as they sit down and leave it down until they get off the flight.

You want it up?

I mean I leave it up until airborne (you are supposed to).   

Speaking of grass cutting, what is so hard about cutting the edges so that the grass blows back into the lawn? 

I hate people that blast it into the road or on the sidewalk. 

And dont give me the "i use the leaf blower after i am done" crap. Just be smarter cutting and you dont have to worry about it. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, belljr said:

You want it up?

I mean I leave it up until airborne (you are supposed to).   

I don't need it up the whole time.  But when we're sitting on the tarmac or when were about 20 minutes from landing, it's nice to be able to look out the window and gauge how much time you have left until takeoff/landing.  It's also nice to every so often look over and see outside.  Takes my mind off being crammed inside a tuna can with hundreds of people I hate.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

Speaking of grass cutting, what is so hard about cutting the edges so that the grass blows back into the lawn? 

And dont give me the "i use the leaf blower after i am done" crap. Just be smarter cutting and you dont have to worry about it. 

My buddy got fined by the borough for blowing a little grass in the street with his mower :lol:

14 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

I don't need it up the whole time.  But when we're sitting on the tarmac or when were about 20 minutes from landing, it's nice to be able to look out the window and gauge how much time you have left until takeoff/landing.  It's also nice to every so often look over and see outside.  Takes my mind off being crammed inside a tuna can with hundreds of people I hate.

ok more on board then!!!!!!!!!

Once airborne I usually leave it down if too sunny and watching vids.  But definitely UP when final approach waiting for take off etc!@!#@!#@

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

um mine mulches and thats where it ends up when mowing the edge :unsure:  there is no chute....

Edited by belljr
  • Like 3